• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

All our brains are belong to Pokemon

AKA, Pokemon related Freudian slips.

Have you ever been having a conversation, and you randomly substitute a Pokemon-related word in for a real word? Like this:

[22] <Zacky> which verison is Ryan Renolds playing
[22] <~DoctorOak> Green Lantern?
[22] <Zacky> of the Green Lanturn
[22] <~DoctorOak> Hal
[22] <Zacky> ah
[22] <Carmen> ...
[22] <Carmen> I just spelled Lantern as Lanturn
[22] <Carmen> and so did Zacky
[22] * Yoshimitsu27 (Mibbit@SystemNet-37009430.student-halls.leeds.ac.uk) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[22] <Rain> XDDD
[22] <Rain> Drawing idea
[22] <Carmen> All our brains are belong to Pokémon
[22] <Rain> XD
[22] <~DoctorOak> I almost did it before
[22] <~DoctorOak> It's all Pokemon's fault

On another note, I was trying to describe a Pelican to someone and so called it a Pelipper >> My geek side unleashed itself xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Fun topic. ^_^

I've been making a bad one lately. We have a refugee student named "Hari Maya", and even though she's dropped the "Hari" from her name to sound more Canadian I'll still call her by her full name. Problem is, on multiple occasions - such as to my co-workers and the student herself - I've called her Hariyama. It really doesn't help that she's a cute, smaller girl and Hariyama is a... yeah. XD

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Linkachu said:
Fun topic. ^_^

I've been making a bad one lately. We have a refugee student named "Hari Maya", and even though she's dropped the "Hari" from her name to sound more Canadian I'll still call her by her full name. Problem is, on multiple occasions - such as to my co-workers and the student herself - I've called her Hariyama. It really doesn't help that she's a cute, smaller girl and Hariyama is a... yeah. XD

How does she react to this?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yoshimitsu said:
Linkachu said:
Fun topic. ^_^

How does she react to this?

She thankfully doesn't notice, nor do my co-workers. However, my little sisters have... :X

I think the most common slip I make is saying Furret instead of ferret :p

I've done others before, I recall saying a pigeon was a Pidgey once or twice *facepalm*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I once forgot what the words for Caterpillar and Butterfly was. My brain refused to acknowledge that any creature other than a Caterpie or Butterfree existed.

After playing Diamond for the first time (fifteen hours straight), I called a robin a Starly. In addition, I often call one of my best friends Ralts, as that sounds very similar to her last name.

Has anyone here read Great Expectations? Well, we had to read the book once, and the main character's nickname was Pip. I had to take a test and I made a 98 on it. Want to know what I accidentally called him? Piplup :x

Also I was looking through a menu when my sister took me out to dinner for my birthday. She said I could have anything I wanted for surviving 16 years on this planet, so I wanted to order some fried bass. I said "My I have some Fried Feebass please?" -.-

Then I was looking at monkeys in a movie we were watching. I said "Look at all of those Mankeys!" Needless to say I got laughed at.

I've caught myself saying Pidgey instead of pidgeon a few times. Luckily, only my brother knew what I did, but he does it too~

One time when I went to the zoo, and we were at the turtle display, I was like, "Looks at all the Squirtles!" No one noticed but me, so I was really happy then.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Ked said:
I've caught myself saying Pidgey instead of pidgeon a few times. Luckily, only my brother knew what I did, but he does it too~

There's also the fact you seemingly can't spell 'pigeon'.

A

Anonymous

One time I was watching one of the TMNT movies and my friend asked me "What does TMNT mean" and instead of saying "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" ,I told him "Teenage Mutant Ninja Squirtles" Derp!

Last edited by a moderator:
I say Caterpie and Butterfree instead of caterpillar and butterfly occasionally, unintentionally of course.

I believe that's all. That's the only one I can think of right now, if there are others. I probably do this because their names are so similar to their respective species. I'll post more if I think of them.

I remember arguing with people on how a sparrow was a Spearow. I'll still occasionaly call one a Spearow on accident, though nobody ever seems to catch on to my slip of the tongue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just remembered this one and it dates back to my elementary school days...which is over ten years ago XD

Oookay, I was sitting in my fifth grade biology class and for the life of me I couldn't think of word 'chameleon.' Seriously, I was looking a picture of one and the only thing that came to mind was 'Charmeleon.' I can't even remember if I said it out loud or not...

cloveria1215 said:
during a test one time the question was "write down a term that using the Latin root geo" i wrote down geodude and it counted

I'd correct your teacher - "geo" is a Greek root, not Latin, which would be "terra," as in "extraterrestrial."

But today I had an experience in my Psych class. The professor dictated a list of famous psychologists for us to copy down, along with the contributions they made to the field. We got to behaviorism, pioneered in part by a man named John Watson.

I wrote down "Wattson." X(

Gossshhhh. I've done lots of these |D Such as Lantern/urn, Pidgy/geon, Spearow/arrow, and Furret/erret. |D

But when I was saying bye to one of my friends the other day - one who doesn't play PokeMon - I said "See you later Feraligtr!" instead of "aligator". :| She didn't really notice, but still ... I blame Jertyuiop XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I was chatting with my friend online once, and we were talking about the zodiacs. I said something along the lines of, "I'm a Gemini, but with this stupid new zodiac thing with the thirteenth sign, I'm a tauros now D:" I didn't see anything wrong with that sentence... until my friend pointed out that it was supposed to be Taurus and not Tauros.

That's the only thing I can think of right now XD

Today I accidentally said Spheal instead of a similar word. I can't remember the exact word because it didn't stand out to me as much as Spheal did. Luckily, that friend I said it to plays Pokemon. We had a laugh. (I think it had something to do with coding since we were both coding at that moment)

Silent Dre said:
cloveria1215 said:
during a test one time the question was "write down a term that using the Latin root geo" i wrote down geodude and it counted

I'd correct your teacher - "geo" is a Greek root, not Latin, which would be "terra," as in "extraterrestrial."

But today I had an experience in my Psych class. The professor dictated a list of famous psychologists for us to copy down, along with the contributions they made to the field. We got to behaviorism, pioneered in part by a man named John Watson.

I wrote down "Wattson." X(

that was my own fault i'm better at Latin roots then Greek, and it was a long time ago.