• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Alola Islands Cup - Matchup Thread

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I won 4-0 to @LunaLuma. Good battle, had me think which move to use next.

You probably should have thought a lot harder considering you forgot the bit in bold:

Also, since it's 6vs6 singles the following clauses and rules apply:

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

Mega Evolution cannot be used at all.

Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Since you KO'd two of LunaLuma's Pokemon before the illegal move, that means Luna had four Pokemon left at that point, so Luna gets a 4-0 win.

This won't affect your standing so far or in the next rounds, as long as you change it between now and then.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Round 4 is now live, and due to how long it has taken us to get to this point, it will be the last round.

Deadline is 31st March.

Due to Aliace being removed from the tournament, I will be looking to arrange a replacement for you Volt. Since technically you never faced Aliace anyway, there's no harm in having that number match as your opponent again.

Victory achieved against @DoggyEars. 5-0.
So wanted that flawless victory, though...

8f0.gif

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
And time is up.

Since Ruko is the only person out of the players who did not finish this round's matches to contact me before today, he gets 3 points by default and the others get 0.

This makes Ula'ula Island the winner overall with 32 points total, so congratulations to them.

Shout-outs to Brendan Savem and Andrewski for managing to go undefeated throughout the tournament.

Keep an eye out for the next tournament, Coming Soon (TM)