• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Aodes: Into the Darkness

Ryoga Wilson felt tired as he took a long sip from his disposable cup of coffee. The downside to going to a prep school was the massive homework loads they put on their students. Then again, not every student at that school went demon hunting or training night after night. It put an incredible amount of stress on Ryoga, but he would be fine.

Ryoga crouched on the rooftop glaring over the city, watching for activity in a nearby shop. The man inside who owned the shop had asked for Ryoga's help. Apparently the man claimed that there was a demon stalking him and planning to kill him.

Beside the young boy, was a sword. A sword that belonged to his deceased father. One that he had used to kill hundreds of demons and save hundreds of lives. It gave Ryoga a sense of duty to fulfill his father's dream of keeping people alive.

Something caught Ryoga's attention nearby on the street. A bang of a trashcan. Feeling himself on edge, Ryoga narrowed his eyes and glared to see who it was.

Kyle swore out loud--probably a little too loud. He had come here on a mission: help a man out and kill a demon. Though, Kyle had heard rumors that the man had reached out to more than one person. Kyle knew that his position was probably compromised, so he released his knuckle claws and got up from the trashcan he was hiding against. His familiar, a little silver tabby cat named Stripes, had knocked something over and looked at him sheepishly. Probably a mouse or rat, Kyle thought to himself, smiling a little and shaking his head. He knew that whatever was inside already knew of his presence, and looked around, keeping himself alert.

Ryan sat down, legs dangling from a roof above Ryoga. He had his knife in hand, Havok held down in the other. He kept a hand over its snout to keep it from speaking, the wolf pup was still learning to keep quiet. Earlier this week, a man called for some assistance dealing with a demon. Those weren't exactly his thing, but it pays well. Some readings done before guided him to some original anti demon tools, salt and iron. Salt burns evil and iron drains magic.

Ryan looked down to Havok. "Should we be let known?" The pup, not knowing, didn't do anything. Ryan shifted his jacket, pulling out a card from his pocket. He felt the edge allowing the sharp end to slightly cut his skin without bleeding. Changing the holding of the card to it is between his middle and ring finger, the card was flicked forward. The card spun around, flying in a dangerous arc. It landed directly next to Ryoga in the wall, stuck between two bricks allowing the King of Spades to show.

There were few things in the world that could terrify a demon. They, after all, were supposed to be the tormentors- with their powers fueled by dark energies, they were supposed to be at the very top of the food chain. Even a demon could be prey, though, when a stronger predator than it took to their streets.

And this demon was being hunted down.

It ran through the street hurriedly, surrounded on both sides by tall and closed-off shops. Its top speed was not high at all with the limp it had, black ooze flowing from a wound in its left leg. The Hunter, a figure cloaked in black, didn't have to commit to much more than a jog to slowly catch up. The demon, skeletal and disgusting, looked around with mortal fear in its eyes. In trying to up its speed even further it merely tripped over its own feet and fell prone to the asphalt. The Hunter slowed down his approach, and his man-sized staff made a tapping sound each time it hit the road.

A jolt of electricity shot across the wide, mace-like top end of the staff and surrounding streetlights flickered. The mage came to a halt over the pathetic, quivering figure, and removed his hood, baring his ghostly pale skin and greasy black hair. "This isn't personal." He said, and what scared the demon more than anything so far was the total lack of fear in the human's eyes. "You just chose the wrong building to haunt. The kind of building with people who could afford me." Something flapped up from behind the mage and landed on his shoulder. In the dim light, it was barely recognizable as a grey parrot. If it really wasn't personal, you wouldn't be monologueing at it. The parrot complained. Let's go home so you can feed me.

The mage gave the slightest, but clearly wicked smile. "Goodnight." He said, before smashing his staff down into the creature's skull, not even bothering to unload its charge. The demon went limp and its bones turned to black ash that drifted away in the cold wind.

"You'll be alright for a few hours, you ate this afternoon." Layth said to his familiar. "I'm gonna walk a patrol before I turn in for the night. See if I can get some more bounties." The parrot grumbled.

Sky's feet lightly touched down to the ground, a faint glow signalling the deactivation of his aura. From what the man had told him, the building housing the demon should be only a block ahead. As he neared the building, some high-end shop selling low-power magical items, a rattle from a trashcan sitting next to the place was enough to distract him for a moment, but he simply passed it off as a passive demon. They tended to make a fair bit of noise.

A sudden flash of light behind him instinctively prompted him to activate his aura, the particles of him body dissolving into nothing, if only for a second, to turn himself around and locate wherever that may have come from. Once again dropping the aura, he appeared to have found his demon. Problem was, somebody had found it before him. The unknown mage lifted his hood up, quipped something like 'It's nothing personal', and slammed their staff into the thing's skull.

Edgy clothing and lines, check. Light user, check. Large, flashy staff, check. Another emo wannabe mage, I guess, Sky thought to himself, making quick strides towards the offender. Once the mage had finished talking to their familiar, he sighed, and spoke up.
"Okay, come on. I had a job, some guy told me to kill this demon, and you managed to get there first. Now, I get that if you find some wounded demon on the streets, you'd want to finish them off, but I'm getting paid for this crap. So, if you wouldn't mind confirming the kill to the guy who actually needs it, that'd be great," he said, the outline of an armblade faintly shimmering momentarily on his right arm.

Nabu had been shocked to be faced with a cat and a boy, who seemed to be making its way towards the spot Ryoga had asked him to watch. Sure Samirah City was filled with kids and felines, which often were the bane of the demon mouse's existence, but they wouldn't normally be out this late. He was frantic now, scurrying around a corner to only see two other mages and a demon, fading from existence and turning to black ash. But something was odd about the scenario. Sure the demon must have been the one that Ryoga had been hired to kill, but judging by the weapon the boy earlier had been carrying there was three other mages who were all hired to kill this demon. And while the man who killed it looked tough, why would anyone hire multiple mages for one simple job. If it was weak than it made no sense. Maybe it was a frantic call hiring as much as possible for the best results. Or maybe to gather mages....

This couldn't be good. Nabu has to tell Ryoga, as soon as possible.
---
"Well crap. It seems that asshole wasn't a good employer as he hired more than one Mage for a simple job." Ryoga said without flinching as the card that made it's way into the stone beside him. Internally, he had the shit scared out of him just then. but he could put on a facade for a minute. Without looking at whomever threw the card at him, something caught his attention. Two mages to his right, and another one to his left. And the two were standing near a pile of ash, which Ryoga assumed was the remains of a recently deceased demon.

Faris twisted her hair around her finger blissfully before flicking it out, causing her twin to to flick out as well. She'd been repeating this action for a good few minutes actually. She'd gotten the tip from Tsareen that the shop she was staring into was haunted or something like that, but she really didn't care, she'd been window shopping for the actual store. Unlike most mages Faris was still a bit new to things, she had real things in life to worry about and demon hunting wasn't really on the top of that list. Tsareen put all the effort she could into stalking other mages and hearing their requests, and then killing the demons before they could. At least that's what Faris assumed Tsareen did, she has the image of her breathing down a poor mage's neck as she listened to their conversation. The thought made her giggle and finally snap her back to reality. "I wanna buy this dress..."
She mumbled as she resumed her hair twirling. Unlike Faris, Tsareen had noticed other mages surrounding the building, a lot actually. More than she'd seen before. She pushed on Faris' inner thigh to get her attention. Though, as per usual, she ignored her familiar. Oyvey...
The bat groaned as she was tempted to bite Faris, but both lost their focus when they heard a trashcan bang. They made eye contact, and turned back to the source of the sound, which was an alleyway near the store. "Great...Alleyways...My favorite..."
She whined as she walked towards the sound holding Tsareen in front of her at arms length.​

Kai chuckled to himself as he ran along the rooves of skyscrapers, he had noticed the mages below mostly had been hired to kill one demon. However, he had absolutely no interest in that demon as his cloak enshroud his body and his skull mask glistened in the moonlight, personally all he ever care's for is killing the demon who took everything he ever cared about from him and on his shoulder sat his fearless partner in revenge Fear the very being that granted him his magic. Even now his being there was very obvious as a stripe of white fur ran down his back. Then a thought reached Kai from Fear "The tengu demon we need to torture should be in the area soon after all has the information you desire reaper." Then Just as finished his telepathic message a large black bird with the body of a man flew into view over the street.

Kyle looked up, hearing a voice from a rooftop. He wondered if this was one of the other Mages that he had heard rumors about. He then heard footsteps and saw a girl approaching him. More Mages, he thought. Stripes swished her tail. You shouldn't talk to them, she warned. Kyle shrugged and approached the girl and smiled at her. "Hi!" he said amiably, as if this wasn't completely unusual, "How are you?"

Faris wasn't expecting to see a human and let out a relieved sigh. She moved Tsareen from in front of her, who was breathing fire in an attempt to defend herself, and hid her behind her back. "H-Hi!~"
She noticed the boy was seemingly younger than her, and he looked even younger in the oversized hoodie he had. Because of the drafty clothing Faris usually wore, seeing such a bundled up guy made her feel cold next to him. She liked his hair though. "S-Sorry if my fire breathing...Doll...Scared you, haha~"​

Kyle laughed. "I guess different Familiars have different specialties," he said. "This is Stripes, my familiar." Stripes looked up to Faris. Hello, she said, though her tone--if there really was one--was a bit wary. Kyle had a tendency to be...naive at times. Kyle then realized that he still had his claws out, which must have made him appear threatening. "Just a second," he said, then retracted the metal claws. "Sorry about that," he said, scratching the back of his head.

Faris hadn't noticed his claws until they were already gone, she fake laughed in response to them. "Wow those claws looked so cool~"
She had a flirty voice and moved closer to the boy still holding Tsareen behind her back who was panting heavily after breathing all that fire. She looked up and the boy and smiled, giggling a little, ignoring the cat. "What kind of magic do you do?~"​

Kyle shrugged. He didn't really notice the change in tone. "Gust magic, nothing really special," he replied. Stripes narrowed her eyes at the girl approaching Kyle, but did nothing, nor did she say anything. "What kind of magic do you do?" Kyle asked.

Faris once again let out a fake laugh and held her hands on her cheeks. "Oh~ I'm like super great with Pyro magic~ Isn't that so cute?!~"
Her voice was a bit too loud for someone who was supposed to be sneaking up on a demon, but she didn't seem to care. Tsareen on the other hand cared a bit more. She squirmed her way out of Faris' hands and flew behind her. C'mon you dummy, stay alert! He's not even that cute!
She then flew higher and started to monitor the area.​

Aaand now Kyle was starting to get uncomfortable. It just...it seemed like she was trying to call attention to herself a little too much. But being Kyle, he didn't want to offend anyone. "I mean, I guess, if you're into that kind of thing," he said sheepishly. His amiable tone had shifted to a more uncomfortable one, if only a little bit. Make no mistake, it was still a noticeable change.

Faris sensed the aura and stepped back waving her hand dismissively and giggling a bit more quietly. Would you stop?
Faris glanced back up at Tsareen and frowned. "When'd she get so responsible?"
She mumbled to herself before brushing her skirt off a bit. "Ah sorry I'm so loud, it's just so scary here in the dark...I'm here looking for a demon, you'll help me right?~"
She gave him a look to insinuate the request. After all who'd leave a girl on her own in such a dangerous place?​