• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask the Staff

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
That rule applies specifically to the Creative Corner works and for use of images within posts in the RP forums (where you should preferably be using words to describe your characters rather than cheaping out by using art - especially when it's not your art or your character design. That's tantamount to stealing right there). Avatars are a separate system and there is no rule in place about using avatars that were found on an image search, and that is indeed common practice on the internet - including here.

So no, we generally don't target avatars unless they're actually inappropriate. Keep in mind when choosing an avatar image that some artists out there would not approve of their art being used by random people without their permission - and doing so anyway against their wishes would be thoughtless at best and disrespectful at worst. However - unless they contact us and specifically ask for removal of avatars that infringe upon their copyrights - That's up to the user's sense of decency and willingness to check out the original artist's guidelines for use of their work.

This may sound like a stupidly basic question, but uh...
*scratches head nervously*
I kinda forgot how to use BBCode, since I haven't used any forums in literal years, and since the starting thread introduction by Doctor Oak stated that we can "ask any question" and that you guys "won't bite", so um...
How exactly do I do things in BBCode like image linking, gif linking, putting things in spoiler tabs, etc etc?

Edited in by moderator: Oh nevermind, I guess I was just an idiot and couldn't find the BBCode tab in the help menus! Sorry for taking up time unnecessarily!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about the time I almost got banned because i posted a screenshot of the Pokémon trainer cards I made. It said the trainer cards i made weren’t my trainer cards for some reason even though before the update if you go to my account you can see the trainer cards I made and you can see that I did actually make those trainer cards. Was the reason I almost got banned was because of it being a screenshot?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
You weren't banned, you received a warning. Two different things. Accumulating enough warnings may lead to a ban (or at least being set read-only) but you haven't reached that point even remotely.

Either way, when the Corner was a thing there was a rule specifically prohibiting uploading works created with generators like the TCM. Feeding a few parameters into a cookie-cutter tool like the TCM does not count as making your own art, cannot be construed as such and could not be uploaded into the Corner.

We have a specific thread for posting trainer cards, but they do not belong in the corner or the art forums.