• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Battle! Hypotenuse Man versus Sem!

((Hey hey Sem, I dunno what characters you have, so this opening's gonna be pretty generic. If you want me to change it so you can work someone in easier, lemme know.))

De Soren stood on the stage, positively glowing at the copious amounts of applause he was receiving. The audience extended as far as he could see (well, perhaps not, but things do have a way of being amplified as such when you're performing) and it seemed like every single person was clapping and cheering. All for him. The magician gave a radiant grin as he took a bow. Over the course of the show he had just given, de Soren had pulled out all the stops: performing fan favorites such as pulling a rabbit out of a beret, cutting a woman from the audience in half, being threatened into putting the woman back together again, and flying around the stage with no (visible) strings attached.

Finally, the applause died down and the audience began to file orderly out of the theater. De Soren waded through the piles of roses that had been tossed at him and made his way backstage. The young magician ran his fingers, swathed in thick, light blue gloves, through his messy dirty-blond hair and brushed some stray leaves from his immaculately-pressed blue tuxedo. His staff, a thick oaken rod tipped with a gleaming ruby sphere, floated a small distance behind him, seemingly of its own accord, attesting to the fact that de Soren did actually have some real magical ability.

Backstage was an altogether less exciting location - the cheering throngs of people were replaced by a few mirrors and some props from the last theater production. The lights were dimmed and there was a slightly dank odor, bringing to mind visions of deep, endless caverns. Waiting for de Soren backstage was another young man, this one dressed much more casually with long bleached-white hair, who greeted him. "Yo, de Soren! That was fantastic!" He enthusiastically clapped de Soren on the back. "I don't think I've seen you put on a better show!"

"Aw, thanks, Sege," de Soren replied, grinning. "It's been a while, hasn't it? The Guild's been putting me on much more serious work lately."

Sege nodded. "You don't have to tell me twice. I got put on bodyguard duty for three different guys in a row. I don't even know any offensive spells!"

"I remember the first time the Guild gave me a protection case," de Soren muttered. "Needless to say, I had to learn some attacking spells pretty quickly. I'd much rather be doing shows like this."

The pair reached the exit at the far end of the building and stepped through the door. The sunlight that spilled in was a welcome change, and de Soren stood still for a moment, simply enjoying the warmth. Sege walked past him.

"I gotta split, eh, de Soren?" Sege said, waving. "The ol' ball-and-chain won't like it if I'm late back again. Later, man!" And with that, Sege dashed down the cobblestone road.

De Soren took a moment to take in the scenery around him. Shops extended far past where he could see, but they were all small and mostly mom-and-pop joints, giving the whole street a quaint feel. Not quite ready to return to the Magic Guild, de Soren took a seat on a nearby bench and looked up at the sky, admiring the clouds.

((So, de Soren.

Name: de Soren (first name unknown)
Species: human
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 141 lbs.
Picture: de Soren, defending
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: Chipper and upbeat, de Soren always has a smile on his face. It's hard to shake him and even harder to get him angry; he just lets most things go. This can be deceptive, though, as even when de Soren is angry or upset, he won't show it; instead, he'll just be smiling. Despite his friendly nature, however, de Soren doesn't make really good friends easily - most people would say that he seems very guarded, as if he's hiding something. In truth, though, de Soren just normally keeps his guard up instinctively, due to the heavy stream of criticism he's received over the years.
-Weapons-
de Soren uses a wooden staff with a ruby sphere on the tip.
-Magic-
de Soren's magic is mostly based around parlor tricks adapted to combat.

If you want more backstory, I can post that too. So, cheers, dude!))

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC: Yes, finally posted. XD Sorry, but a combination of sickliness and idea failure led to the delay. ^^; This concept just started flowing in suddenly so I went with it. Postings should come easier now.

Also, you just HAD to use the name Soren didn

((Wouldn't you know it? I say I have a little free time to RP, and then real life comes along and kicks me in the face with its energy legs. Sorry. :p))

de Soren took one look at the man in front of him and swore under his breath. He stood up, his staff still floating beside him. "You Brotherhood guys need to get your act together," de Soren said, rolling your eyes. "I haven't been the Master of the guild for two years! Alteran is the guy you want, not me." He shook his head. "But they just keep sending you guys after me."

The blue-clad man tugged on his gloves. "But I suppose you're not just gonna go away, are you?"

His opponent stayed silent, a stony expression on his face.

"Well then, prepare to be amazed!" de Soren said, a faint grin playing around the corners of his mouth. He held out one hand, and his staff flew to it as if magnetized. Almost immediately, the ruby on the tip lit up with a brilliant light. The magician waved his staff around in an intricate, yet quick, pattern in the air. Suddenly, a storm of coins appeared from behind Similin.

"Have a taste of some Hard Currency," de Soren snickered before pointing the tip of the staff at the swordsman. "Now, try some Flower Power!" A loud bang resonated throughout the street, and a bouquet of roses shot from the staff, fast as a bullet. "What'cha think of that?"

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"You cannot fully see how impeccable the plan our master has in store really is." Similin responded. "Alteran is being taken care of as we speak." he smiled. "And you," he pointed his katana at de Soren. "You need to disappear quite soon in order for the plan to succeed. We'll 'go away,' just you first, magician."

"Well then, prepare to be amazed!" came de Soren's response. He instantaneously launched two attacks. Similin waved his free hand and a shield of magical energy protected him from the barrage of coins. Then, using reflexes that can only be gained by intense magical training in your sixth sense, he dodged the bouquet by stepping to the side and sliced it in half as it passed by.

Similin looked down at the ground, de Soren was to his left now. "I think..." he looked up and turned his head. "That you're mistaking me for some novice." he turned his whole body and began walking towards de Soren. "I'm not one of the students that was sent to you three days ago." he stopped. "I think that you should cease fighting me with magic tricks." he snickered.

Similin focused and condensed his blue magic around his hand and put a thin veil of magic around the blade of his katana. He raised his arm and thrust it in de Soren's direction. A powerful pulse of magical energy sliced through the air. Similin then rushed forward after the projectile with his katana ready to slice his opponent in two.