• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Battle Royale DISCUSSION

This is a discussion about an rp I'm planning to make about kids joining a tournament called the Battle Royale. It's basically just a battling tournament that you join and battle people, you could battle a real person in the rp, or if no-one else wants to battle you could battle an AI, but make sure it's balanced. And don't be afraid to lose some practice rounds. For clarification, before each tournament round a practice round will be held. The tournament types include:

6v6-Two teams with 6 Pokemon each fight

3v3-Two teams with 3 Pokemon each fight

Doubles-Two teams of 2 fight

Type Specialties-Each of those modes but for a specific type like exclusively grass-types on a 6v6 mode

((Keep in mind this is still an rp with an actual storyline, so don't be afraid to interact with trainers in between battles, and oh yeah, keep your teams fair by not making your entire team psuedo-legendaries))

Any one sentence posts ain't gonna cut it! This has a 3-line minimum and must be 2+ sentences.

Please fill out this following form:

Name:
Looks:
Tournament Mode:
Pokemon: ((Please fill out the following for each))

Pokemon:
Name:
Moves:

Don't be afraid to ask a question if you have any.

So here's my form:

Name: Cole Arsmith
Looks: He is 4'8 and has short brown hair and green eyes. He wears a red hoodie with a broad white stripe on it. He has black shorts and red tennis shoes, he also has a black brimmed hat that he wears backwards, and a black band on his right arm.
Tournament Mode: 3v3
Pokemon:

Pokemon: Arcanine
Name: Blaze
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed, Outrage, Fire Blast

Pokemon: Gardevoir
Name: Caster
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psybeam, Shadow Ball, Moonblast, Thunderbolt

Pokemon: Lapras
Name: Glacier
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: Rain Dance, Thunder, Surf, Ice Beam

Last edited:
I'll come along for the ride.

Name: Margot Deleon
Looks: Standing at 5'3'', her blonde hair stops midway down her back, curling slightly at the ends. She wears an off-white hoodie, with two light blue stripes running diagonally across. Paler than the average person, making her look somewhat pallid.
Pokemon:

Pokemon: Vileplume
Name: Schuyler
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Solar Beam, Sunny Day, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb

Pokemon: Jolteon
Name: Donahue
Ability: Quick Feet
Moves: Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Agility, Pin Missile

Pokemon: Rapidash
Name: Pyrei
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Stomp, Megahorn, Flare Blitz, Wild Charge

Do you have anyone you want to invite? I'd prefer if that person is really good at rp-ing, but if you can't find anyone, I guess it's fine. I'm thinking of inviting @mienscapone, because she's really good at this. What do you think?

Here Omega is!

Name: Omega Carvine
Hometown: Blackthorn City, Johto
Height: 6"3'
Weight: 75kg
Hair: A shock of white hair interrupted by Ginger strands
Eyes: Brown flecked with red leading into the pupils
Clothing: A Yellow hoodie covers a black t-shirt with a logo for a roller-skate company ( don't judge I skate in real life XD) and black jeans with a belt fastened with a metal belt buckle. Black sneakers with fairly worn down soles and sometimes a black and beanie hat
Identifying marks: Long half-healed scar along his right leg's thigh caused by a accident with an aegislash when he was younger
Musculature: Athletic, with elegant fingers for art
Personality: Quiet, loyal, respectful, mistrusting of certain individuals
Skills: Art, football, roller skating
Past: Having a celebrity family was hard for Omega until the day he met his buddy Scorch the cyndaquil. His parents begged him not to leave but Omega decided he had to look after his ex-ace trainer grandmother. His grandmother saw potential in him and gave him Scorch for a promise: to become the league champion!
Family: David Carvine (Father), Emily Carvine (Mother), Susan Kindstone(Grandmother)
Love relationship: Not a set character but usually a character made by @Kitsune477!
Pokemon:

Scorch the typhlosion:
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Serious
Past: Being given to Omega by his grandmother Susan, he has a strong sense of pride for who he is and will always fight to keep Omega safe. They share a unbreakable bond after the incident in the Lumiose Badlands.
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Thunder punch, Eruption, Focus punch, Gyro ball

Alpha the Gengar:
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
Past: A lonely ghastly that was caught in the Old Chateau by Omega. He loves tricks and games but took very long to learn to trust humans. Has stayed at Omega's side ever since.
Moves: Dazzling gleam, Energy ball, Shadow claw, Venoshock.
Pokeball: Duskball

Blitz the electivire:
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature:Quiet
Past: Blitz was a Elekid that was found wandering the White Forest. After stealing food from Omega's camp, he was tracked by Omega and stumbled across Blitz helping an injured electabuzz. When the electabuzz was taken to the pokecenter for treatment Blitz let Omega catch him.
Pokeball: Quickball
Moves: Earthquake, Signal beam, Iron tail, Dual chop.

Siren the Milotic:
Ability: Competitve
Nature:Timid
Past: A feebas that was always getting into trouble. Caught by Omega in the Quiet Cave. Always being quite stuck up she started to simmer down after a brutal encounter with a Gyarados. She later evolved and truly lived up to her name.
Pokeball: Diveball
Moves: Hydro pump, Dragon tail, Hyper beam, Bulldoze.

Torn the Gliscor:
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Nature: Modest
Past: Originally a Gligar from Route 45 who loves pokepuffs. Always the first one to act upon a problem. Evolved after defeating the Ecrueteak City Gym Leader and has loved his stronger form ever since.
Pokeball: Duskball
Moves: Acrobatics, Dark pulse, Rock tomb, Payback

Swampy the shiny Swampert:
Ability: Torrent
Nature:Serious
Past: A Mudkip given to Omega by May after defeating her. He loves to party and will always be by Omega's side.
Pokeball: Pokeball
Moves: Hydro pump, Superpower, Earthquake, Avalanche.

Name: Miki Bray
Looks: Bright, chin length orange hair. Eyes are a striking spring green. Fairly tanned complexion with faint but visible freckles. Noticeably slim body and short, stands at roughly 5"1. Wears anything and everything colourful.
Tournament Mode:6v6

Pokemon: Azumarill (shiny)
Name: Lemondrizzle
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, Superpower

Pokemon: Togekiss
Name: Oberon
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Roost, Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Thunder Wave

Pokemon: Serperior
Name: Enjolras
Ability: Contrary
Moves: Leaf Storm, Glare, Dragon Pulse, Giga Drain

Pokemon: Magneton
Name: ROE
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moves: Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Hidden Power (Fire)

Pokemon: Donphan
Name: Banoffee
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Shard, Stealth Rock, Rapid Spin

Pokemon: Umbreon
Name: Myfanwy
Ability: Synchronise
Moves: Foul Play, Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic

Actually I think I'm gonna start the rp, and if anyone else wants to join they should post their form on the discussion. Is that cool with all of you?

Name: Gavin
Looks: http://orig13.deviantart.net/1eb8/f/2009/214/8/b/8bf2da133bd4488adf610eb9c4264072.png
Pokemon: Altaria, Dragonite, Blazekin

Pokemon: Altaria
Name: Ally
Ability: Cloud Nine
Moves: Roost, Dragon Pulse, Fly, Dragon Breath

Pokemon: Dragonite
Name: Charge
Ability: Mutliscale (edited)

Moves: Dragon Rage, Iron Tail, Earthquake, Dragon Tail

Pokemon: Blazkien
Name: Flarebird
Abillty: Blaze, Spped Boost (able to have two abillites, I had a blazkien in ORAS, and it had blaze and speed boost.)

Moves: Sky Uppercut, Flare Biltz, Flamethrower, Swords Dance

Last edited:
So I'm going to start it, and @Pikachu22345 and @AgrarianAtlas you both can face each other eventually and I'll face a bot. And remember this is a tournament RP, and so therefore the person you face in the first round will probably not have the greatest team ever, that is if you'd like to get knocked out. And oh yeah, if you want to leave just simply lose a matchup and begone.

Hope I'm not too late!

Name: Mira
Looks: (Profile Picture)
Pokemon: Glaceon, Draonair, Togekiss
---
Pokemon: Glaceon
Ability: Snow Cloak
Moves: Aurora Beam, Iron Tail, Ice Shard, Mirror Coat
<>
Pokemon: Dragonair
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves: Aqua Tail, Dragon Pulse, Hyper Beam, Quick Attack
<>
Pokemon: Togekiss
Ability: Hustle
Moves: Fly, Aura Sphere, Dazzling Gleam, Protect

Idk if it's too late to join but here's my form 8).
Name: Isaiah Levarns
Looks: He stands at 6'4" and has warm brown eyes. He has short black dreads that he usually leaves swept back. He usually wears a black hoodie that has a red cirlce plastered in the middle that has the sihloutte of a Machamp in the middle. Above the circle reads "Dewford" and below reads "Boxing Gym" and he wears black shorts that stop above his knees and underneath his shorts are black tights that stop at his ankles. On his feet are usually hightop white sneakers.
Body type: Atheletic
Personality: Usually care free and somewhat lazy but switches into gear when it comes to fighting/battling.

Pokemon: Ali the Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Moves: Dynamic Punch, Bullet Punch, Cross Chop, Ice Punch

Pokemon: Tyson the Toxicroak
Ability: Dry Skin
Moves: Sword Dance, Gunk Shot, Drain Punch, Sucker Punch

Pokemon: Rocky the Electivire
Ability: Motor Drive
Moves: Focus Punch, Ice Punch, Meditate, Wild Charge