• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Black and White

(Star Wars RP. This RP is only for those who actually care about Star Wars to some degree. If that's not you, then ignore this.)

The dark mottled sky of hyperspace loomed outside of the ship. The starlines zoomed by, then started to slow down, signalling the ship was nearing her destination. The Scion was a one-of-a-kind Void-class personal ship. It could only hold up to 10, but that was all that Vaun needed.

Vaun was a Chiss, and as such, had midnight black hair, piercing red eyes, and blue skin. His full name was Sarv'au'nuruodo, but Vaun was easier for most people to pronounce as it was his core name. Vaun had on his typical silver combat outfit. Seated at the controls, he eased back on the hyperdrive and pulled back into realspace.

The moon Nar Shaddaa loomed ever closer, and Vaun just landed casually upon it and entered the small bar. Various and numerous smugglers and bounty hunters lined the place, but Vaun was neither, he was just visiting. Beyond a veil layed the sabaac room, which he entered. After sitting down, swiping his ID, and getting the chips from the automated droid dealer, Vaun was ready to play. Seven others were at the table, creating a total of eight, the maximum amount.

At Nar Shaddaa, sabaac was played by modified Bespin rules. From the looks of the table, it appeared as if the game had just started. Vaun was dealt his two cards(which was standard for the modified rules) and peeked. He had a six of staves and a Mistress of sabres, which totaled a hand of 19, a dangerous hand.

Sabaac is a game where if the cards you are dealt equal 23, you win the sabaac pot that builds with each hand. If you go above or get a negative 23, you bomb-out. At the beginning of each hand(not including the very first), there is a box that sends out an impulse to each hand and randomly shifts one card to another. A light indicated what would happen: red meant no shift, blue meant shift. At the end of each turn, you could push a card into the interference field, and stop its value from changing.

Vaun payed the twenty credit ante, and pushed some credits in, and waited for the other players.
(ooc: for info on sabaac, click here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sabaac
for info on the Force in general: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force
for what species you want your character(s) and info about the species: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Essential_Guide_to_Alien_Species
and for vehicle purposes(much searching required): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_New_Essential_Guide_to_Vehicles_and_Vessels
ALSO: weapons= http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons )

Ivanna watched carefully. She needed to come in at the right moment, or feel a world of pain. The taller Twi'lek, covered with patterns over her green skin. Ivanna's skin was a dark midnight blue, almost black. When the green Twi'lek's lekku twisted around her hand, Ivanna sprung forwards, her thin whiplike lekku trailing behind her. Ivanna sprung into the several feet into the air, and made circles in the air, before being drawn back to the ground, and she remained crouching, still. The man she and a few others were forced to call 'master' moved forwards, receiveing the applause and admiration. 'Master' beconded to both Ivana and the green Twi'lek, telling them both to come back and stay where they had to. A curious game caught Ivanna's eye. It was played with cards, and an odd light that changed colour.

"Master," Ivanna asked, spitting the name out, "What game is that?"

"Sabaac." He replyed, "Now, come on! Slaves do not ask questions!"

Sadly, Ivanna followed her 'Master' and the other Twi'lek back towards her 'master's' room.

The other players at the table looked at Vaun strangely: it was very rare to see a Chiss outside of Csilla or other Chiss territories. A few of them payed the ante, the others folded in silence. Those that stayed looked at the droid dealer, which was a method of ensuring no cheating took place, and then looked at the shift box.

The blue and red lights started flashing back and forth slowly at first, then sped up until they were a single violet hue. It began to slow down, until it was red, blue, red, blue, red. The electronic impulse hit a chip-card in each players' hand, changing that card. Vaun peeked and saw that he now had a nine of flasks instead of a six of staves, giving him the ridiculously dangerous hand of twenty-two.

With a grin he brandished his hand, making the other players groan before scooping up the credits. The new hand was dealt, and Vaun saw his new hand of twenty, and cursed silently. If there was a shift, he would most likely bomb-out, if there wasn't, there was a good chance he'd win the hand.

A sudden flash of blue filled Vaun's head; he knew there would be no shift. It wasn't normally a good idea to go on instinct during sabaac, but Vaun had a gift. During random periods of time, he would sometimes get a glimpse of the future. Vaun had learned to trust this gift over time, and so he anted in.

One of the opponents, a wealthy looking human, said to Vaun "Think you'll get lucky and win this hand too?" He smelled of Cortyg brandy that had come straight from Kashyyk. How he could handle that stuff was beyond Vaun, who merely smiled and shrugged.

(Ugh! *slaps self for forgeting*)

After 'Master' had gotten himself ready, counted his money and made sure the bands that kept us attached to him weren't damaged, we left for the foyer again, so 'master' could play Sabaac. Ivanna was looking forward to this. The game interested her.

Around the table, about a dozen different creatures were playing. Some where human, some were alien species (like Ivanna) but all were completly focused on the game. 'Master' walked up, and payed some money to play. He took off the band that connected Ivanna and the other Twi'lek to him, and attached it to his chair.

This caught Ivanna's attention. If she could break the chair, she could grab onto the band, and run away with it. Then she'd be free from 'master'. She'd just have to get rid of the band, but that wouldn't be a problem.

Ivanna smiled, and watched as her 'master' picked up the cards.

A Twi'lek now sat down at the table, accompanied by two others, whom he viciously attached to his chair. It was cruelty, no matter what anyone said to Vaun, forcing people to be slaves like that. Droids, however, were happy to be slaves depending on how they were programmed.

The two slave Twi'leks were two females, one a dark blue and the other green. They watched the game intently, the blue one seeming to be watching with much more interest. Vaun looked at the impulse-box, and his premonition came true: the red light was present,no shift being imminent.

The human drinking the Cortyg brandy had a good game-face, and Vaun was hard-pressed to try and guess if his hand needed the shift. Vaun found out when the man displayed his hand of twenty-one, barely beating Vaun's twenty. He looked at the Twi'lek, who had nineteen. These two would have to be watched carefully if Vaun were to win.

The blue Twi'lek seemed pleased that her master had lost the hand. Vaun allowed himself a smile, then saw another flash of the future.

The Twi'lek master was brutally beating the dark blue slave. She screamed out in pain; she knew she was getting punished for no reason. "Why did you have to mention Sabaac?" the master asked, lashing out more viciously. "You know that I used to have a bad gambling addiction! Why can't you be more like the other?! Why can't you learn your proper" he hit her face,"place?! He stopped the attack, and with a swish of his cloak, walked off, leaving her to lay in the feedle position, crying. Rain began to fall down hard, coalescing with her tears.

'No.' Vaun thought. 'That's not going to happen.' Vaun then began to formulate a strategy for the game, a strategy that involved more than just the cards.

Ivanna now turned her attention to who was winning. This seemed to be Chiss, whose eyes were vague and blank. Ivanna looked closer, but he was looking towards the flashing box, waiting, not blank at all. How odd.

The violet light was starting to show, both red and blue. Slower, and slower it went until it stopped... on blue.

A human man cursed, and switched his card with 'masters'. He grinned with savage delight, and lay down a 22.

The human man put down his cards, which equaled 24. He got out of his chair and stormed away. 'Master', who was looking like his birthday had come early, placed most of his money in the pot. Ivanna's eyes widened. Why the hell was he doing that? She shifted, wondering what would happen. If he won, well, happy birthday to him. If he didn't... who knew?

Did the Twi'lek just do it? Did he just push in three-fourths of his money in? What the brix was he thinking? Only a fool did that this early in the game. Vaun knew his chance was now, there would be no other time. He ignored every instinct that told him not to, pushing in all of his credits.

"Coming up." Vaun said. Vaun knew as sure as there would be a sandstorm on Tattooine that the Twi'lek would lose this round. The cards were dealt, and Vaun had a Two of flasks and Ace of flasks. He had a dangerous hand. It would be too easy to either bomb-out or go down in points if there was a switch. If he could get an Idiot on the switch, nothing could stop him.

In sabaac, there were two ways to win: a pure sabaac, or, a hand that totaled twenty-three exactly, or the Idiot's array, which was much better. The Idiot was a face card with a value of zero. If one had a two, three, and an Idiot, it would be an Idiot along with a two and three in the same suit...twenty-three in the literal sense. But in the seventy-six card deck, there were only two Idiots.

Vaun placed his two in the interference field.One of the leading humans pushed in his whole stack of credits along with placing in a three of flasks., and the Twi'lek did the same, not wanting to miss out on this. The light began to flash, and the red and blue lights went on and off simultaneously, speeding up until it reached the violet hue. It slowed down. Red. Blue. Red. Blue. Red. Blue!

The Ace in Vaun's hand shimmered and was replaced by...an Idiot! He layed his card face-up, and saw the human and Twi'lek do the same. Everyone started shouting, but Vaun didn't know why. He looked down and saw three Idiots! Impossible! Someone cheated.

"Hey!" the human shouted, slamming down his Cortyg brandy. "One of you cheated! And I know that I sure as hell didn't!"

"Neither did I!" the Twi'lek yelled. "It must have been the Chiss!"

Everyone looked at Vaun. "I didn't cheat!" he cried out.

"How do we know that? You've been controlling this game the whole way through! You were waiting for us to bet all of our credits!" the human shouted. A brawl broke out, with Vaun quickly out of sight.

Vaun ran behind the Twi'lek's chair, then broke it in half with a well-placed kick. "Come on!" he yelled to the dark blue slave girl. "We need to move! I know you want to be free, so follow me. I'll get you off planet!"

Ivanna watched as all hell broke loose. The Chiss was blamed for the cheating... somehow... The human had punched 'master' in the face, for accusing him of being the cheater, and then everyone else, whether they knew what was going on or not, joined in. The Chiss disappeared into the crowd. Ivanna darted away from the brawl, as far as she could go from the 'master' band before her's glowed white hot and started to burn. The Chiss suddenly appeared by the chair were the 'master' band was attached. He kicked the chair, and broke it with ease. Before Ivanna had worked out why, the chiss was beside her.

"Come on! We need to move! I know you want to be free, so follow me. I'll get you off his planet!"

Ivanna looked at him, wondering how this good luck had befallen her, and nodded. The two creeped towards the door, trying not to make any sound whatsoever, when Ivanna's band started to burn. She blinked, wondering why, but then saw the green Twi'lek looking towards her. She raced towards 'master', and pulled him out of the brawl, pointing. He looked at Ivanna and the chiss, looking furious, and shouted,

"So you come here to steal my slaves do you!?!"

A deathly silence fell...

"So, you come here to steal my slaves, do you!?!" the Twi'lek master asked. The green slave had ratted Vaun out, to which he frowned at. It was as if the brawl behind them was no more, even though it was still raging on. Vaun looked at the master, then at the blue Twi'lek, thinking hard.

"Steal your slave? Never. Free them? Yes." Vaun answered coolly. He looked down out of the corner of his eye and saw his blaster pistol strapped to his belt. "Well, how about a little bet? If I can acquire, let's say, one million credits in five days time, I buy her off of you, but she gets to stay with me until then. I swear on my soul that I will not run off."

The Twi'lek looked at him funny, but then began to laugh. "It's a deal. I know that you Chiss are always true to your word, so I shall accept. Five days. Meet me on the planet Almas at the old ruins at midnight. I shall be expecting your failure."

Vaun turned to the blue girl and said "I know that you don't know me, but I swear to you that I will set you free. I'm a Chiss after all. Have you heard the old saying 'You gotta hand it to the Chiss. They don't just take what you have, they make it better'? Well, I know a way to get the one million credits. So just be looking forward to freedom okay? Oh, I'm Vaun by the way.
(*Sho wonders if/when anyone else will join the post. He knows that there is at least one other SW fan out there on 'Charms who is a decent RPer. He KNOWS.)

(Is there? I didn't know...)

Ivanna nodded at the Chiss, then wondered what the hell she would do in the mean time. She looked between the two.

"What am I going to do in the mean time? I can't wander the streets for five days!"

'Master' grinned that fanged grin, which told Ivanna whatever his solution to this problem was, it wasn't going to be good.

"You are still my slave." He stated. "You will stay with me for the five days."

He said this while grinning at Ivanna, which instantly told her that the next five days were not going to be pleasent.

"Come." He said, and walked away, leaving Ivanna no choice but to follow.

When they were out of the bar, 'master' told Ivanna what she had to do.

"Oh, and by the way, you're not going with that Chiss in good condition. And before you ask how, you stupid girl, I'm going to pull your lekku."

He savoured Ivanna's horror.

(Mental note: If you don't know why, check.)