• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros 4

Pac-Man
The pizza slice rounded yet another corner, Leon following. However, once the man arrived, he’d find nothing there except for another hallway and more pellets. What Leon did not know was that, after Pac-Man rounded the corner, the pizza slice bounced upwards using his sphere-like body. Still up in the air and undetected by Leon, Pac-Man threw the key, not making a sound in the process.
The key went as fast as a sniper round and packed even more of a punch than one, and it was aimed right at Leon!
@comic

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Snake
He dove forward with enough speed to barely make it past her attack. Sand exploded into the air as Snake swept up to his feet, pulling out his knife. "Tempting." He joked, referring to her attack. "But don't keep me waiting." Before the sand even had a chance to settle, he leaped forward at her, swiping his blade at the nearest tentacle she'd try to swipe at him with, using this proximity to fire with his tranq gun as well.
The game of cat and mouse was over. What happened earlier had only been the second act, using her own terminology.
Now the last act was in play.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Calmaramon

Deceptively fast, the Tentacle snake could stab, while piercing the hide, would use it as an anchor point, coiling around him with the rest of the tentacle, seizing snake in her grasp before he could even react to it! The reflexes of this form, however ungrateful, appeared to be working on a higher stage than the oblivious Ranamon's.

"GEKAKAKA!! Any LAY-ST words before I crush ya, little-"

*prick*

"YEOOOW! What in the Sam hell?!"

Noticing a dart sticking out of her neck, the monster turned back around to face Snake, growling at him for the infliction. She would deliver a crippling squeeze before thrusting him into the sand below. Although she began to feel...weird, that wouldn't stop her from leaping up into the air, spinning her lower half like a drill, intending to pulverize Snake in her plummet.

@comic

Last edited:

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Psyduck
At the monkey's compliment, Psyduck looked down at his bill. He never really thought about it, but he guessed it was okay-looking. It was, after all, the biggest bill in the pond. "Psy! Psyduck psyduck psy. Psy, duck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck psy? [Thanks! I grew it myself. Say, aren't you guys new to this tournament stuff?]" he inquired.
@Captain Pokémon

Daruk

As his icy friend explained his own world, Daruk felt a little bad about how vague he was. "Yeah, that guy sounds a lot like Calamity Ganon, alright." Suddenly, Daruk spotted two creatures obviously birthed of evil approaching the pair. Instinctively, the goron stepped in front of Kumamon, bracing himself for a brawl. But then, they spoke, asking if they were demons? "I'm no demon. In fact, gorons like me were created by Hylia herself. And we're here to make sure demons don't cause any trouble." Then, responding to Kumamon, he whispered, "No, that was pretty cool, little guy."
@Shen: King of the Mist @DevVoid

comic

Leon S. Kennedy
The next bend revealed- you guessed it -more hallway. Pac-Man was at the ceiling, trying to soar past Leon, who frowned at it as it threw the key. Sliding his body slightly, the key brushed past him, leaving a tiny graze on his jacket before embedding into the ground.
Narrowing his eyes, Leon returned his gaze to Pac-Man. "You finished?" He asked rhetorically.
However, at that moment, a strange hum filled the air, and it began to grow louder. It was enough to make Leon avert his gaze for a moment.

Down the hall, humming its way along, was a crimson figure taking up the entire space of the hall. A ghost. Blinky, if Leon remembered correctly. So, this was something that spiced up the combat. It was never simple, was it?

Snake
Tossed back to the ground, Snake was on his feet in a split second, wiping some sand from his beard, still holding onto his knife. His eyes widened ever-so-slightly as Calmaramon spun like a drill. With a shout, Snake leaped to the side, notably with a lot less fluidity and grace he usually leaped out of danger with, due to how much of a close call this one was.
Swinging himself back up to his feet, Snake was immediately met with a tentacle that swiped him to the side. Tumbling through the air, Snake attempted to regain his bearings enough to plant his feet and his free hand into the sand, sliding to a stop as Calmaramon came stomping after him, cackling hysterically.

"Now!" Snake shouted, and an eruption of fire exploded in front of his opponent, hopefully temporarily blinding her. Known for his quick-witted thinking, Snake had planted a mine into the ground just as soon as he'd tried to catch himself. Following this up, he yanked out his rocket launcher, blasting a missile toward her before tucking it away and charging after the missile, activating his knife to deliver electrical surges once making contact with his opponent. One of his ribs hurt from that last hit, possibly cracked, but it wasn't nothing he'd dealt with before.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Black Knight
The knight in black motioned for Terrorpin to charge forwards towards the archway as well. He was very interested in the stoic and seemingly mute champion. It seemed he wanted this fight as bad as Black Knight did. It was obvious that this character would most likely be skilled at close combat, meaning his energy beams would be key, as well as Terrorpin's flight. With all that kept in mind, the pair charged through the archway to their battleground.

"Choose destination" A mysterious voice seemed to speak to Black Knight and the four-armed Machamp.

Machamp simply replied with his name, surprising Black Knight with his apparent ability to speak. The battlefield around them started to shift into a cave-like arena with pools and waterfalls. It was the perfect battleground for champions. The pair of Black Knight and Terrorpin laughed, readying for the fight as they often did. "Go ahead and take the first move, My steed and I are ready for whatever you throw at us!"

Bowie
"Oh thank you! This looks really good." Bowie ate it and immediately felt better, health-wise at least. It was honestly quite delicious and he was quite sure that a certain hero would think so as well... His face started to darken again as he heard the new woman ask him if he was ok. He tried to put on a brave face, he didn't want to cause too much of a scene again "Oh me? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just kind've upset I have to go through all of this again you know? The tournament was crazy enough the first time. Anyway, I'm Bowie and this is Blob." Blob was not doing as well hiding his emotions. He looked slightly concerned for Bowie but still nuzzled against him when prompted, anything to make him feel better.

Machamp
The superpower pokémon grinned as the darkness around them morphed into the legendary fighting cavern: Karate Cave. Machamp looked over at Black Knight as the emo cosplayer told him to take the first move. The pokémon nodded, staring forward seriously, looking intimidating. Then…he flexed on ‘em. He flexed all four of his arms at once, being surrounded by a crimson aura. After a moment, the aura faded and Machamp grinned. Now, he was even stronger and could take more hits, as he had just used Bulk Up. Afterwards, Machamp punched the ground, causing it to shake. Then, several extreme large and sharp rocks emerged from directly underneath Terropin. He would take out the “steed” first.
@Nukas

Pac-Man
The Pac frowned as Leon avoided his key. Huh, he thought that would work. This guy was pretty quick in terms of reaction time, although he was slower in terms of actual speed. The pizza slice then noticed…Blinky?! He was here too?! That complicated things a bit, though the sphere could handle it. Pac-Man decided to simplify things, going into his pizza slice form. He then wakka’d towards Leon at high speeds, aiming to ram into him and push him towards Blinky.
@comic

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Black Knight
Terrorpin and Black knight both felt the minor tremors in the ground before the stones jutted up, however they did not know what was in store, they didn't make much attempt to move. The stones jutted up from underneath Terrorpin's strong shell and launched him into the air, throwing the two off their game but not by much. In order to counter the imbalance, Terrorpin started to spin and level out. Meanwhile, Black knight was riding atop his steed's shell stationary thanks to the custom saddle made to allow him to keep a steady aim. He took full advantage of Terrorpin's quick thinking and took aim, firing off two consecutive purple energy blasts in Machamp's direction.

Last edited:

Calmaramon

*STOMP!* *STOMP!*

The sea witch bounded forward, the steps of her tentacles shaking the beach with every touchdown. This was disrupted however when an unexpected charge detonated under her. Flame spewed along with smoke, shaking her momentum and sending her staggering to stop.

Capitalizing on this weakness, Snake fired a missile, said missile impacting square into the body of the beast, sending it several steps back. A large scorch mark surfaced in the main tanky body, however it wasn't enough to send the woman to the ground. Just how much damage could she soak up?

"You are SOOOOO dead SWEET-EY!!"

It didn't seem like long though, as snake emerged out of the smoke cloud...three of them. What? Three snakes? Had her vision had begun to play tricks on her? Was that dart...meant to put her to sleep? Shaking her head and getting her barings, she swept up with a tentacle right as he came down toward her, mere inches from her humanoid self. The goal was to coil around his wrist, snagging it with her spiked tendril.

"I told you...to just...DIE ALREADY!"

*SNAP!*

Snake's wrist was broken, and so fell the knife. Calmaramon laughed wearily as her body began to teeter, her grasp on snake getting weaker and weaker. Her eyes fell halfway as she stumbled forward, releasing him from her grasp on accident, sending him tumbling into the damp sands.

"I...I am the ocean's beautiful STAH!" She spat, teetering to the right, almost falling over. "You...you are nothin' to me!"

That's when she teetered to the left, completely falling down. Sand flew up around her on her plummet. As the San settled down, Calmaramon's humanoid half was grasping the ground, trying not to succumb to the dart's effects.

"UGGGGGGGHHHHH!"

Throwing a tantrum, all of the tentacles began to mindlessly swipe everywhere, without aim? Flailing like a beached fish. There was no rhyme or reason to the attack, nor a clear goal. It was the final stretch.

@comic

comic

Leon S. Kennedy
His attention was back on the Pac just in time to see him transform into his much speedier classic form, zooming directly at the agent.
A smirk tugged at the corner of Leon's mouth as he suddenly leaped into the air, up and over the limited mobility sphere just before it could slam into him, swinging his leg about in a manner to launch his opponent toward the same destination Pac-Man had been attempting to send him.

If that didn't work, Leon wasn't too worried, already pumping a shotgun blast down at Pac-Man in the middle of this transaction, Matrix-style.
Landing on the ground, Leon pumped the shotgun, clicking the second shell into place before slinging it back on his shoulder and whipping out Matilda to rapidly fire seven more bullets at Pac-Man in quick succession.

Snake
The moment he was released, Snake scrambled away, clutching his arm to his chest. Once he was at a decent distance away, he turned to see Calmaramon flailing wildly, trying to pull out of the effects of the tranquilizer.

Chest heaving, Snake grabbed his wrist, before suddenly yanking with a twist. Another loud snap echoed across the beach as Snake let out a shout. Flexing his fingers, he winced. Not a permanent fix by any means, but it was better than what it had been.
This was the final leg,and as Calmaramon was going rampant, Snake pulled out his barreta, taking aim one-handed.
Then he unloaded the rest of the clip, aimed for her face.

Machamp
The pokémon raised an eyebrow as Terropin ate the Stone Edge, using it to launch him and his rider into the air. Black Knight then fired two purple blasts at Machamp. Ha! The fighting type grabbed two large boulders nearby and chucked them at the energy blasts, destroying them.

Machamp then leapt into the air, digging up the stone beneath him in the process. He grabbed a large stalactite and tore it off the ceiling, throwing it at Black Knight like a javelin.
@Nukas

Last edited:

Calmaramon

"UGH! Get off! STOP! Not the FAAAACE!!!"

The vain cry of Calmaramon to protect her money maker was followed by her using her hands to try and cover herself while the tentacles madly slapped about, smashing anything that dare exist near her. A bullet pinged off her metal crown, then another shot through her shoulder blade, then-

*Ping!*

Her body went still. Digital code escape her forehead where a bullet had shot through. Her body collapsed, slumping over the moist dunes of sand around her. Her 'corpse' had reverted into a small statue, smaller than that of a trophy or anything similar to that. Small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. It resembled that of Ranamon's head-dress almost, sitting atop some kind of shrine.

With the statue now replacing Ranamon's body, the map had begun to decompile, the sound of fanfare heard through the void that soon swallowed the colorful stage.

• The Winner: Snake!
• The Loser: Ranamon!

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Black Knight
Black Knight watched as Machamp threw the boulders at the energy blasts. He was starting to get a feel for how the brute dealt with his attacks, but he had plenty more where that came from. When Machamp jumped up to grab the stalactite, Black Knight tried to act accordingly. He used his shovel and shovel dropped Terrorpin, sending him rocketing into the ground and bouncing Black Knight above the coming stalactite. Terrorpin hit the ground at full force and bounced back up continuing his flight. The impact sent shockwaves all along the ground. With this ideally knocking Machamp off-balance, Black Knight fired a few more energy blasts his way before landing back on Terrorpin.

comic

Snake
The world began to evaporate around him as Snake strode the length of the battered beach toward the crown left behind.
"Hngh..." He stroked his sandy beard before reaching down and picking it up just as the whiteness enveloped him.

A moment later, Snake stepped out of the gateway, which sealed behind him with a strange suction sound, vanishing completely.
"Everybody uh... welcome our first victor. Snake, say hi to everyone." Generic Host began to slowly clap with that awkward glint to his eye. "What a battle, I was rooting for Ursula the whole time. Go get yourself some ground lemonade, you deserve it. Oh! And for winning?"
The host waved a finger through the air, and in the park, a Metal Gear appeared. The same from Shadow Moses Island. It wasn't active, seeming to be more like a cosmetic. "A token of your victory. Neat, right? Every victor gets one. Now run along." With that, the hologram waved at Snake dismissively, who'd stood there impassively the entire time.

Wandering his way back to the refreshments table, Snake stared down at the crown, frowning. "Hm..." He rumbled again. "I wonder... do I rub it like a lamp?"
He tested that theory, rubbing it.
Nothing happened.
"Guess not. Maybe Ranamon's too irritated to come out."

The Statue

"Guess not. Maybe Ranamon's too irritated to come out."

Upon the name of the water elemental being uttered, the statue began to shine with blue light, floating up on it's own. Within a few seconds, the blue light forced a silhouette over a feminine figure that was familiar to the agent. In a flash of light, the statue had vanished, and in it's place was a rather annoyed looking Ranamon, opening up her eyes.

"Hey...Hey just wait a gosh darn minute!" She protested. "I was supposed to win that fight! Hey you had to go pull one of your sleazy dirty tricks! UGH! That just ain't no fair!"

She didn't know what it was about him, but something screamed cunning. She hated that. Who needed to think of elaborate 4-D chess strategies anyway? Only complete shut ins would bother, why should she be punished for shining like the star she was? In pure combat power she smoked the competition. Yet how...?

comic

Snake
"You mean strategy?" Snake asked nonchalantly once Ranamon had returned. He... didn't seem to get phased by much. "Yeah, I guess." He shrugged before pulling out his cigar and lighting it. "Actually, I wanted to tell you that you're pretty good. I'm impressed. I'm willing to bet I'd have lost if you'd gotten me in the water. Either way, you did good. Maybe we can spar again some time."
With that, he took a puff on his cigar, before he turned to walk away.

Ranamon

"Well! I ain't gonna forgive you just because you try to butter me up after the fact! You tricked me to lose in front of a live audience! That's unforgivable! I will have by revenge sweetheart, mark my words!"

Ranamon's words fell on deaf ears however as Snake had begun to walk away from her. It didn't seem like he cared about this little verbal squabble.

"...Hey! You heard me right?? I said I'll have my revenge!"

Nothing. Not a reaction nor fanfare. The lack of response or validation sizzled Ranamon's temper. She stomped, crossing her arms away from Snake, marching elsewhere.

"What does he think he is anyway? How many fanclubs does he have huh? Did he have brand new singles that sold off the shelf? I don't think so! And he has the nerve to hurt my pride? Hmph! Next bout...I'll beat him seven ways to Sunday!"

Pandora looked at Metal Sonic without any visible emotions, a far cry from Metal's former colleague. Her headpices disconnected and fired off volleys of electric and ice projectiles at Metal whilst the Witch floated above the ground, forming four copies of her staff that were encased with electricity. Two of them were circling around Pandora's body whilst the other two were sent flying towards Metal.
@Captain Pokémon

---------------------

"Hmm, good answer. Gorgo is not my strongest Vivosaur after all." Saurhead recalled Gorgo. before staring down Empoleon. "What's the deal with the penguin by the way? You think that it will save you from the PAIN?!" The man roared, surprised that this kid somehow did not seem to know how to be intimidated. A welcome change of pace from the fighters that were quaking in their boots before the actual fight, but still odd.

@Shen: King of the Mist

----------------------

Chun-Li's brow furrowed as she heard that Bowie went through this once before. "You participated in this thing before? But you're so young, is there no age limit on this? Surely this is illegal?" She was about to call the host, only to be interrupted by the 8-bit person offering her some bacon. "Thank you, you sure are a sweetheart!" Accepting the bacon, she smiled at the Terrarian before finishing what she started. "Host! I have a question!"

@Nukas @DevVoid

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Dark Matter cancelled the beam when it heard the explosions. It's eye briefly closed in exertion and its cloak closed over it, shielding it from the flash as it returned back into the visor. At the sight of the rocket fist, Dark Matter dashed slightly right and released a few shadowy blobs that would merge around and encase it, as well as subdue the following explosion and shards.
With that out of the way, Dark Matter remained simple and fired small bullets of darkness out of his sword at Gemini Black.

Axe

"Um...Miss?" A voice soon piped up next to Ranamon while her rage seemed ongoing. To her right was the small red haired child, with a look of amazement, having watched the fight before and still excited.

"That was an awesome fight to watch! I wanted to talk to the winner, I'll admit, but you were way closer. Plus, how do you do all that stuff with the water?! And that transformation stuff? That was really cool, how'd you do it???" This kid...was certainly asking questions. "I've seen someone transform into a terrifying thing before, but that was forced and impossible to get back from, but you're clearly back to normal so that's not the case, so how?" Axe's childish questioning seemed to be way too quick in pace. But wait there's more.

"And are those fin things natural? They look neato! And how'd you get that stuff on your head, it's pretty!?" Axe, calm down. He finally paused to think.

"Oh, right, um...where are my manners... It's been way too long since I had to introduce myself to someone... My name's Axe, nice to meet you!"

Hareta

intimidation?

Empoleon's eyes narrowed at Saurhead, the Steel penguin marching up to him. The prideful pokemon grinded it's two steel edged flippers together, creating a metallic sound to get his attention. Stomping on the ground in front of him, he stood stoutly, not backing down just because the size of his opponent was much larger in comparison.

Empoleon always had guts. When fighting hordes of Team Galactic, Brawling against gym leaders, or even when squaring off against Cyrus, they always retained the same firm determination. Hareta nodded with a grin to their resolve, matching it with his own.

"Heh, every time you start talkin', it makes me want to take you on even more!" Hareta returned fire. "Empoleon wants to show you his stuff, strong guys never put him down for the count before!"

@DarkHydraT

Ranamon

"Um...Miss?"

Turning around, she was met with a small red haired boy that piped up. Who was this brat and what did they want? She was about to shoo them away so that she could devise her elaborate revenge plot before suddenly, she was given praise. Praise? She let the compliments stream in, striking a pose fitting of her stature as her ego was substantially satiated.

This little kid may look like a dim witted dolt, but even dimwits can have good taste~ It's about time I've gotten some long overdo attention!

Putting a finger in the air and a hand on her hip, she had stars in her eyes. Giving a well rehearsed smile and a wink, she greeted the boy.

"Well I'll be! Truly my fanclub knows not even dimensional borders! Ace, is it? Charmed, I'm the one and only aqua empress superstar Ranamon! Now about that fight..."

she held her hands out in front of her, water similar to that of a water fountain erupted from both of her palms, seeming to glitter with glamor befitting of a idol.

"I am the spirit of water, the one and only beauty chosen to represent all aquatic types everywhere! That means you are gazing on a bonafide chosen one!"

Releasing the water from her palms and letting the water droplets drizzle down below. Closer her eyes and whipping back her head ornament, she gave a brief response.

"And FYI, it IS completely natural, and only the finest clothes for the Priceless Pearl of the deep~"

Snapping her fingers, she materialized a water formed cylinder, a finger in length floating next to her. With a little exhale from her mouth, a small gust of ink was released into the cylinder, making a makeshift pen of water!

"Now, want me to sign something? I'm sure I can make the time~"

@Fraseandchico

Uratekumon

...20 minutes!

Resting it's thumbs off the controller, the gamer giggled at the world record it had achieved. That Monster Hunter game wasn't nearly as hard as the others, but alas another one to the collection! The monster Hunter cartridge ejected from it's place atop his mech, and a new cartridge replacing it.

The imp was amused with how long this was taking for the matches to complete. If they were THIS ineffective, then it was going to be even easier than he thought!

Axe

Before Axe even got a chance to correct Ranamon, he got to see what appeared to be like magic, a water fountain appearing out of nowhere...er, from the hands of the aquatic lady. Needless to say, he was amazed.

"Woah...so cool!" Childish wonder was sounded by the boy as he watched the fountain flow. He only payed attention to like 85% of what Ranamon said next. Something about a water spirit to represent all aquatic types...whatever that meant. Sounded like a big responsibility, Axe assumed she took that so others wouldn't have to or because she needed to, and it wasn't an ego thing or anything.

Next was if he had anything to sign...Oh, he remembered how Angard had once joked after Torren was defeated well and truly about Axe needing to give autographs one day. Maybe that was a thing famous people did? He didn't really get if Ranamon was that famous, but if it made her happier...

Thinking through his items in the second, his options were;
1. His Shield. Definitely not. While it could be proudly on display, the thing was constantly getting dirty, that would probably just anger Ranamon if she watched it get dirty while he fought. Adults getting mad at you was always a bad thing, after all.
2. His Red Stone or Green Stone. While the shining would probably show off the signing and make Ranamon happier, it was probably quite disrespectful.
3. His black stone. While it wasn't as disrespectful since the thing was de-powered and seemingly useless, Ink is usually black, right? Axe never had to write, he didn't really know.
He had no other decent options. There was the flower he was keeping from his time with Pasmila, but that was a special flower so that wouldn't work, and he'd promised to keep it safe. Black stone could probably work, maybe it'd make it do something cool.

"Um..I left most of my stuff at home when I was dragged here, best thing I got for it is this special black stone, has special powers attached to it and stuff." He bluffed, holding the black stone in hand. "Yeah, it's not much but the other options get way too dirty in a fight." He added.

@Shen: King of the Mist

Ranamon

"A...rock?"

Where do these fans even come from...? Holding frustrations there for a moment, she completely disregarded the possibility of signing a rock. She signs loads of things in the past. Portraits, books, questionable paraphernalia, even body parts, but...a rock?

"Pffft...hahaha! Naw sugar, that just won't do." She shooed the rock away. "I've made do with worse. Lemme see~"

In a quick flick of a wrist, she'd command her water pen to fly to his palm, the pen aiming to scribble her name in elaborate cursive in his palm.

"There! Now you can go brag that all your friends that you met with the the most popular celebrity in the world! Ain't I so kind?"

@Fraseandchico

comic

Master Chief
He had what he needed. For now, at least. Kalmiya had performed a thorough scan of just about everyone she could, give or take one or two people. He was developing a strategy for each contestant, considering how eccentric the Host was any match could get randomly mix-matched.

Rebellio had since fallen silent, and the Jester did his own thing. With the conclusion of his planning, Chief approached Rebellio, towering over him.
"You ready?" Was his only question.
He'd seen how Snake and Ranamon had fought. The Host was more than happy to accommodate to earlier fights, so it would be better to get this over with now than later.

Kassandra
Was there a reason she had to be placed later? The mercenary would have much preferred to be placed in the preliminary rounds opposed to the next batch. She was eager to get this tournament underway, it left her feeling light on her feet, her chest budding with excitement.
This would more than likely be a lot more incredible than conquering the colosseum, than winning the Olympics, maybe even more than singlehandedly turning the tide of a vast war. These opponents didn't look like push-overs, and this was only the next logical step forward, considering she had bested everything the Greek world could throw at her.

And yet she was made to wait. It was fairly infuriating. That strange siren from before had apparently lost to some guy who named himself a Serpent. His weapons had erupted like miniature volcanoes as though he harnessed the power of Haphaetus himself. No wonder the siren had failed.
As for the Bandit King named Master Kohga, and the Sea Nymph named Mipha, their conflict had yet to even conclude. Ikaros had gone in search of mice, though Kassandra had a feeling he wouldn't find any.

This was when a woman with thighs impressive enough to put Herakles to shame called to their host, approaching him after having conversed with a child. This could be interesting. Kassandra inched closer to get a closer ear on whatever gossip she could pick up on.

"Yes, hi, hello..." The Host waggled his fingers at Chun-Li. "Pleasure to see you, though I'd much rather see you fighting opposed to loitering, you know..."

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Copen

Admittedly, the ability to launch cyclones was something Copen didn't expect to be part of his foe's arsenal. It had impressive speed and a bit of a pull to it, which made it a bit challenging to avoid. Keeping his pistol's trigger held, the weapon kept on firing greenish lasers that would home in on Tethi, curving around the Green Gale, seemingly unaffected by the attack.

Managing to keep up the pressure, all the teen had to do now was avoid the cyclone, which was already dragging him in, albeit slowly. Switching EX Weapons once again, Lola and the P-Bits became yellow in color as the icy blades used earlier were replaced by drills made out of... hair? Twintail Bunker was the selected EX Weapon, the golden drills thrusting downwards, launching Copen high into the air. Higher than necessary, but he wasn't taking any chances.

Having cleared the cyclone, Copen performed a Bullit Dash yet again, being launched at great speeds towards Tethi, hoping to strike her with a Bullit-powered kick and let his EX Weapons recharge.

Rebellio

"You ready?"

Master Chief's words caught the Adept off guard, Rebellio turning to face him with a bit of a surprised expression. It seemed he had gotten quite invested into some of the ongoing fights. Regaining his focus, he gave the Spartan a thumbs up, appearing pretty confident. He was going to give it his all, even if he didn't really want to fight one of the few friends he'd made at this place.

"Ready as I'll ever be. Let's do this." Rebellio replied, making his way to a newly opened archway. From the looks of it, fights could get started whenever the competitors wanted. Guess that Generic Host really wants to see some action...

Being transported to the default arena, a disembodied voice asked for him to select a destination. Right, he'd completely forgotten about that. In truth, he didn't have a place in mind, nor did he care where he'd fight. He really hadn't been anywhere remarkable in a long time, so there was nothing he could really choose. Once Chief made it there as well, he made sure to make this known.

"I don't really mind where the fight takes place." He spoke, grabbing his Falcon Quill from his jacket in preparation for the battle. "Feel free to choose the stage."

Last edited:

comic

Master Chief
Rebellio opted to let the Spartan choose. John glanced at him at this, the inky void enveloping them tightly for the moment. It wasn't that this kid didn't care, it was that... nothing he seemed worthy came to mind.
Chief decided to select a destination that would be mostly neutral to them both. Somewhere Chief had been before, but not long enough to understand completely. He didn't want to place an unfair advantage of environment on himself, considering Kalmiya could already be considered an advantage in his favor.

"Installation 04." Chief stated. "The Silent Cartographer."

- Stage Selected.

The world emerged around them. A sandy beach stretched in either direction, bending. They were on an island. A wall of rock, alongside a Forerunner structure, blocked the sun, casting the two of them in shade. The ocean that surrounded them was calm and glistening, the horizon line broken by more distant Forerunner structures. The place felt alien just as much as it felt mysterious.

What was more, this map was sanctioned with certain power-ups either combatant could use. Pyramid glass-like items that would imbue a minute of invisibility, cubed glowing objects that would provide over shields to the user, and med packs to instantly heal any damage the combatant has suffered.
To top that off, the hazard this time around were Forerunner defenses in the form of orbiting Sentinels, who would fire their flame-based lasers at any contestant who neared. Covenant equipment lie scattered around, but the owners were gone. Nearby the two was a turned-over Warthog, the body of a Marine stuck halfway underneath it, his mouth open in a frozen, silent, eternal scream.
It had been years since Chief had been here. This ring had been obliterated not long after this day, and being here again was like a memory come to life.

Taking his MA40 Assault Rifle from his back, Chief prepared himself, though didn't make the first move, instead allowing Rebellio the honors.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Rebellio

An island it was. Riddled with strange structures, glowing items and abandoned equipment, this place felt... alien. This was nowhere on Earth, though he could tell that much just by looking at Master Chief and his gear. For him to choose such a place was almost to be expected. Chief didn't attack right away, something Rebellio appreciated. After all, he wasn't completely ready for combat just yet. Holding his Falcon Quill in front of him, he took a deep breath.

"Contract."

With a circular motion, a crimson circle appeared out of thin air. It quickly developed two more layers; becoming increasingly detailed, mysterious symbols adorning them. A dark energy began to shoot out backwards, swirling around Rebellio. After a moment, the multilayered magic circle collapsed into itself and with a flash of light...

Rebellio's appearance drastically changed. Black and white armor now covered his body, with emphasis on his collar, forearms and hips. His eyes became black with white irises, his hair became much longer and floaty, softly flashing different colors. Two large, ram-like horns appeared on his head, a red halo of string energy hovering above him.

With his transformation completed, Rebellio was ready to battle. "No hard feelings, right?" With a smile, the Adept seemed to convert himself into an energy fiber similar to his halo, retracting into it, the string vanishing into thin air. After a moment, the string reappeared behind Chief and turned back into Rebellio, now wielding a large scythe made from his Energy Wool, swinging it at his opponent. While made out of string, the blade was still incredibly sharp.

comic

Master Chief
John-117 had been around for a while. He'd seen and done things many couldn't even begin to describe or imagine.
But that right there? That was new. Rebellio seemed to fade away into some kind of energy. Difficult to keep track of, sweeping up behind the Spartan for a swift strike as he materialized.

Though of course, as unexpected as this was (alongside the drastic change in appearance), the Chief wasn't floored. Kalmiya isolated his energy in a split second, managing to track its movement enough to warn John of the attack.
The Spartan raised an arm, the scythe deflecting off of his powerful MJOLNIR armor. The fiber the kid had was tough, that couldn't be discounted, but John's armor was durable enough to sustain blows from even that.
The deflection had knocked Chief's block aside as well, but he was already on top of that with a retaliation of unloading a magazine in Rebellio's direction.
"None taken." Chief replied simply as Kalmiya continued to try and get a thorough scan on Rebellio.

"This is some crazy energy I haven't seen before." She spoke quick and breathlessly. "It's like a strange type of... thermal and fiber-centric essence."
"Can you isolate a weakness?" John asked, emptying his clip.
"I can if you give me time but you guys are moving kind of fast."
"Problem?"
"No, just a little overwhelming." Kalmiya gave a nervous laugh.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Rebellio

"Woah!" Rebellio was taken aback by Master Chief's armor and its durability, the Adept's weapon basically bouncing off the Spartan's armor thanks to a well-timed deflection. He could tell the soldier had a lot of experience.

A storm of bullets came his way, forcing Rebellio to use his free arm like a shield- literally. His crimson thread burst from the limb, forming a durable shield in a moment, one that barely managed to withstand most of Chief's assault. A few bullets had managed to slip past before the shield came up, denting the Falcon's armor. Bit of a close call...

The shield, having barely survived the entire magazine, disassembled back into red string before quickly taking the shape of a mace, extra string added for more durability and lethality. Connected to Rebellio's hands via his thread, the Adept swung the newly formed weapon in an arc towards Chief, the spiky ball rolling along the ground. If his opponent managed to avoid it, he would swing once more before disassembling the mace.

comic

Master Chief
An empty clip was strewn aside, cast against the sand as John began to slowly pace back, slapping a fresh magazine into the MA40. Rebellio shifted his weapon, forming the scythe into a mace. Behind the visor, John frowned. Was the kid limited to melee? With that in mind, John tucked his AR back to his back, procuring his combat knife.
The mace was dodgeable, but Chief allowed it to strike against his breastplate, testing the power of Rebellio's strikes. It bounced off, but knocked the Spartan back a step, leaving a notable impression on the armor. "More of that weird energy was put into that." Kalmiya stated. "I noticed." John replied as Rebellio made to swing again. Chief reacted by darting forward, sand kicking up in his wake as he made to shoulder-check Rebellio and send him flying.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Rebellio

All right, that's a decent hit in. The Falcon's mace managed to hit his opponent, prompting Rebellio to swing his mace again in hopes of landing another blow on Chief. However, he didn't expect the Spartan to close the distance so quickly, the soldier ramming into him with considerable force, leaving a large dent on his armor. The Adept flew through the air towards the nearby Forerunner structure, managing to regain his bearings enough to stretch his arms sideways, his thread shooting out horizontally, lodging itself into two pillars.

Effectively suspending himself in midair by holding onto this wire, Rebellio swung himself up onto one of the pillars, materializing a scythe once again. With one powerful swing, he dug into the structure, sending debris flying wildly in Chief's direction. After doing this, he began focusing his Energy Wool into another weapon...

With a bit of a heave, Rebellio manifested a Gatling gun out of his thread, aiming it downwards towards the area Master Chief stood on. The gun revved up for a moment before unleashing a barrage of bullets - or rather, string energy shaped like bullets- aiming to cause as much chaos as possible alongside the debris he scattered earlier. If he got lucky enough, maybe he'd manage to land some more hits on Chief.

Metal Sonic
As the robot witch launched projectiles of electricity and ice, Metal crossed his arms and seemed to…chuckle, beeping quietly a few times. It was barely noticeable, yet still obvious somehow. Metal then blasted into the air, soaring up into the sky, avoiding the first projectiles. Afterwards, Pandora launched two electrical staffs at Metal, the robot backpedaling midair to keep the distance. He continued to do this for several seconds before suddenly jetting to the left. The staffs were unable to keep up and hit a wall, disappearing in a small cloud of electricity.

Metal then flew back towards Pandora, closing the distance quickly. In less than 3 seconds, he was at point blank range and went homing attack.
@DarkHydraT

Pac-Man
After Leon avoided the Pac, he quickly increased speed, going big rather than home. This allowed him to avoid the shotgun blast, although he was now presented with a debatably bigger problem: Blinky. Pac-Man slammed against the ground, causing him to jump high enough to narrowly avoid the ghost. This maneuver allowed him to both avoid Blinky and the bullets, while also putting some distance between him and Leon. While hiding behind Blinky (who doesn’t turn around), Pac-Man charged up yet another key and pocketed it before shooting more pellets at Leon, this time adjusting his aim to follow his movement.
@comic

Machamp
Machamp landed on the ground and grunted in minor annoyance as Black Knight pulled out a new trick, slamming his Blastoise to the ground, causing shockwaves. In return, Machamp slammed his fist against the ground, causing a shockwave of his own. These two shockwaves collided and cancelled out. (I’m pretty sure this isn’t how shockwaves work but anime.) The four-armed brute then looked up at the energy blasts coming his way. Machamp sidestepped the first few, then ran towards Black Knight’s direction, avoiding the rest. He leapt up high into the air, coming towards Black Knight fast!
@Nukas

Ninja Monkey
The monkey chuckled lightly at the duck’s thanks before cocking his head to the side at Psyduck’s question. This was all new to them, just 5 minutes ago they were relaxing in Monkey Lane. “(Yeah, we don’t really understand what’s going on or how it’s happening. Do you?)” The monkey chittered.
@Psymallard

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Thief
The rogue die was sitting down thinking over the past few months. He was greedy. He should've known the promised prize money was too good to be true, but he never expected that this would become his life. He couldn't even remember anything before the dungeon, not even his name just his moniker of "Thief" It was fine though. He had become used to the dungeon, and this new "tournament" Definitely seemed like it could be an interesting moment of respite from it all. He decided he would take this time before his match to take inventory, and he was pleasantly surprised about what he saw in his deck.

He'd been going through the dungeon multiple times over the past few months, everything seeming to reset every time he did. However, right now it seemed like he had every piece of equipment he'd ever acquired in the dungeon, which was fantastic for what was coming. However, when he started to try and put it into his active equipment... he was still limited to his usual 6 slots. Ah well, he would surely make do. He set the equipment he thought would be most important in the HUD in the top left corner of his vision, and set off to find his opponent.

He saw the duck chatting with a bunch of monkeys... making him very disillusioned by the idea of these being the strongest fighters in the lands. Either way, he walked up to the duck to try and... talk to it? He wasn't entirely sure if it would understand, but it was worth a shot. "Umm hey duck.. thing, Psyduck? Let's go... start our battle..." He felt like an idiot trying to talk to a duck. He assumed it would be stronger than it looked... or at least hoped it would be. He'd learned in the dungeon looks can be deceiving.

Black Knight
Black Knight watched as Machamp came hurtling towards him, giving him plenty of options of counter-attack, however the most obvious to him was to launch an equally powerful force. He hopped off the back of Terrorpin and hit it like a baseball towards the airborne Machamp. He'd truly test its strength here since Terrorpin was like a cannonball once it got going. He landed and while Machamp dealt with Terrorpin, he started to charge up, summoning many metal orbs around him.

comic

Master Chief
"Have you found a weakness?"
Chief raised his arm, blocking a metal panel, glancing it off him. Kalmiya didn't respond.
"Kalmiya, report."
"Chief, I'm really trying." Her voice sounded frustrated. "But I just... I can't..."
"Calm down. Stay focused." John replied as Rebellio manifested his first ranged attack, sending a flurry of fabric-themed bullets his way, no doubt manifested by his energy. A few bounced off Chief's shields as they flared up, and he calmly took cover behind a tree, the bullets tearing away at the bark.
"I'm trying, Chief, but..." Kalmiya's avatar appeared in front of him. "I'm n-not... her. I can't do this, it's... it's too much."

Chief peeked around the tree, Rebellio's attack still in effect. "It's okay." He replied. "You're not her, you're right. You're better."
Kalmiya was silent as she stared into John's visor. "I know you can do this. Isolate the signature frequency and cross reference it with anything non-human in the database." He ordered. Kalmiya pursed her lips, appearing uncertain, before her hand shot up to her temple. "Aye aye, sir." She nodded, before her avatar disappeared.
With that handled, it was time to work for a living.

Bursting from cover, John retaliated with a quick burst from his MA40 before racing directly toward Rebellio at a blinding pace, any bullets absorbed by his shields or deflecting off his armor if they reached their target. Taking advantage of his momentary bullet-sponginess, Chief aimed to link Rebellio into direct hand-to-hand combat, slashing with his combat knife before thrusting his knee upward toward Rebellio's gut, following up with an attempt to sock the kid with a solid left hook, the MA40 having been slapped onto Chief's back again.

Leon S. Kennedy
As Pac-Man maneuvered himself, Leon too was winding about to get out of Blinky's way. Rounding the corner, Leon pressed himself up against the wall. Blinky continued on down the original hallway, thankfully not making a turn. Leon let out a sigh before peeking about the corner, only to jerk his head back to cover as more pellets punched into the wall where his face had just been.
"Lot more to you than I was expecting." Leon muttered to himself, before sucking in a deep breath, and waited.
One second passed, then two, then-

Leon suddenly dove from cover, tossing a flash bang toward Pac-Man and firing a few shots with Matilda before he even landed, tucking into a roll to reach the wall. Leon tore a candlestick from the wall, turning back to Pac-Man in time to swing it and block one of the pellets out of the way.
"We can do this all day," Leon began, holstering Matilda. "Or we can make this quick." With that, his flash went off, and he hurled the candlestick like a javelin, a means of distraction as he pushed forward, knife at the ready in an attempt to close the distance.

Pac-man
Leon shot, and threw a flash bang, and even threw a candlestick, although it was all in vain, as Pac-Man had immediately turned tail as soon as the man threw the flash bang. He didn’t like those things. They were loud and hurt his eyes, so naturally he went away from them.

For what felt like eternity, nothing happened. No munching, no “wakka”s, not even footsteps. The Pac was gone.

Then, a sound that was likely familiar to Leon emerged from the quiet.

“W A K K A”

Pac-Man had just eaten a power pellet.

The now massive yellow sphere rounded a turn, facing Leon directly, much less friendly looking now. He chomped the air twice before rushing towards the cop, rapidly eating more pellets in the process.
@comic

Machamp
As Black Knight yeet Terrorpin at Machamp, the superpower pokémon grinned. Now the fight was getting fun. As the deformed Blastoise closed in like a cannonball, showing no signs of stopping…

Machamp grabbed it.

Gripping the side of the beast, he fell to the floor, still holding it, and slammed it into the ground, keeping his grip on it. He then slammed it again. And again. And again. Several times, before finally yeeting it into the waterfall nearby. (I’ll let Nukas decide the effects on Terrorpin)

Machamp then focused on Black Knight, who was charging up an attack of some kind. The four armed brute showed no fear as he began to sprint towards the edgy cosplayer.
@Nukas

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Rebellio

Man, he really is fast!

Keeping up his barrage as his opponent neared, Rebellio tried to keep his aim on Chief as much as possible, though it was nearly impossible due to the Spartan's speed. No wonder he had been selected for this tournament. He managed to avoid the small burst of bullets fired at him, though this meant he had to disassemble his Gatling gun so he could move freely.

Master Chief swung his knife at the Adept, who responded by generating a small shield, deflecting the weapon. The knee coming from below caught him by surprise and struck his armor, causing a crack to appear. He wasn't stunned for long, though, as he managed to avoid the left hook by converting himself into his crimson string yet again, the Spartan's fist going right through him as he vanished.

Almost as quickly as the Adept disappeared, a sizable amount of thread took the shape of a new construct above Chief: a guillotine, Rebellio standing on top of it. The Falcon's creation fell rapidly, aiming to crush his opponent. Rebellio himself jumped off halfway through its descent, extending an arm as his thread shot out from it, pulling himself towards the Forerunner structure. Chief had proved to be deadly fast at very close range, so he couldn't let him get too close. Materializing a scythe with his free hand as he moved along his wire, he got ready for Master Chief's next move.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Black Knight
Terrorpin was slammed repeatedly into the floor. This wouldn't be a problem usually, but the thing slamming it was immensely powerful and it had already sustained a bit of damage to the underside of its shell. Apparently, the stone edge had left a small crack in the bottom that started to grow and slightly chip away as the rhino/tortoise hybrid was slammed into the ground. Luckily it didn't last too long as it was hurled into the waterfall, lodging its hard shell into the rock, leaving it out of commission until further notice. However, luckily the side that was lodged in was the tail end and not the front. This allowed Terrorpin full use of his head, which had benefits and drawbacks.

Meanwhile, Black Knight had continued to charge up his magical sphere attack while Machamp was dealing with Terrorpin. By the time Terrorpin was launched, Black Knight was fully charged up and launched a barrage of magically charged spheres in the direction of the champion, making it nigh impossible to dodge. That with the combination of Terrorpin spitting out a few blasts from its position created a criss-cross pattern of attacks that would certainly do some damage to the four-armed menace.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Psyduck
The monkeys confirmed their inexperiences with multiversal tournaments, leaving a window for Psyduck to help. "Psy, duck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck psyduck, psyduck psyduck psyduck psy. [Well, what I got so far is that cosmic beings collect us like Oran berries, and then make us fight each other.]" "Umm hey duck.. thing, Psyduck? Let's go... start our battle..." Right on cue, Psyduck's first enemy appeared. Psyduck stared blankly at the die. There was a lot of weird stuff in his travels, from the Pokémon universe to these multiversal events, but a cyclopean green cube was definetly new. But Psyduck was gonna kick its ass. The duck nodded, "Psyduck psy. [Let's do this.]" With that, he ran over to a gate with a plap plap plap plap plap, and dove in.
He was now in a strange place, but a voice asked where he wanted to go. The Pokémon smiled. He would go to the only place outside these pocket dimensions that he knew, he'd go back home. Confidently, he simply said, "Psyduck. [Route 3.]" The world around him twisted and changed, and he was transported to Route 3 of the Unova region.
He started on a wooden bridge over a pond. The pond was surrounded by a thick forest, only split by the dirt path that ran through. And along the path were patches of tall grass, in which weaker Pokémon lurked. Following the path to the west, it would soon end in a manmade steel tunnel, while the east twisted northwards and continued for a stretch, which then split into two. The west path from there continued up a few stone stairs that led to a cave, while the east passed by a now-empty daycare. But Psyduck couldn't relax yet, even though he was finally home, because he was there to fight. He jumped off the bridge, doing a triple flip that transitioned into a corkscrew, and then dove into the water without a splash. He was in his element now.
@Nukas @Captain Pokémon

Turner

He stayed away from the main group, though it began to calm down a bit with the fights starting. He stared at his opponent's picture. He couldn't decide if it looked like a shaved rat or cat, not that he's seen either hairless before, but he assumed that's what they'd look like.

comic

Leon S. Kennedy
During this 'eternity', Leon was able to deduce exactly what was going on. The pellets had made it clear there was a power pellet, and with the emergence of Blinky and Pac-Man's failed attempts at a quick victory, it didn't take a genius to deduce he'd gone off to get himself a power pellet. So the agent had experimented, approaching one of the hovering pellets, and grabbing it. Upon contact, it faded, as though absorbed. Better yet, Matilda pulsed with a white light for a moment.
These weren't limited solely to Pac-Man, it seemed.

Rotating his shoulders, he strained his ears, hearing the sounds of Pac-Man returning, his little 'wakkas' deeper and louder than before, confirming Leon's already pretty solid theory. "Alright then. Come on." The man said, looking over his shoulder toward the corner just as Pac-Man rounded it. His opponent really wasn't very stealthy. Not to Leon, at least.
It was evident that the pellets were passive until consumed, or absorbed, or however they worked. Yet Pac-Man could fire them, making them offensive. A simple deduction of math would indicate that any pellets Leon stored in Matilda would be much the same. He could fire a pellet right down Pac-Man's throat and the sphere would be too oblivious to realize it was no longer edible.

"Show me what you got." Leon began to walk calmly toward the approaching Pac-Man. Once his opponent was close enough, Leon would slide to the left before rapidly swinging his leg about to knock the Pac off balance, following up with a thrust downward with his knife.

Master Chief
The way Rebellio became the thread was fast, but not instantaneous. The scarlet halo would extend down in the blink of an eye, effectively making him disappear. When he reappeared, it would rise up, re-materializing Rebellio from his boots to his scalp in less than a second. On top of that, some of the energy had generated into a bladed weapon above the Spartan. "Chief, look out!" Kalmiya cried as John looked up in time to see it come crashing down like a guillotine, the kid atop it.
With a grunt, he leaped backward, avoiding the weapon's attack as Rebellio leapt away. He'd have to try a lot harder to keep away. When the guillotine missed its mark, it faded away. Just as Rebellio reached his destination to anticipate Chief's next move, he was met with the Spartan already hurtling toward him, having fired a grappling line to meet the kid head-on. He wasn't about to allow Rebellio a chance to breathe.

Axe

Okay, Axe felt a little disappointed in himself after hearing Ranamon's reaction. Maybe he should've brought up the glint it gave off in water...

ah, right, the ol' 'Forgot the most important detail' issue. Of course, before he could say anything about that, Ranamon had instead signed...on his hand. Oh dear, that's gonna be difficult to explain to Mom later.

"Oh, thank you very much!" Axe didn't think about future consequences with that for once, just that at least it wasn't a worse reaction.

Tethi

As soon as the Green Gale started moving, the scarab moved off from Tethi's back, hovering in the air with a slight blue light to it.

"Khepri, what are you-Oh, I see. Got it!" Tethi questioned before she realised what Khepri was doing, so she just had to buy some time. Soon, more lasers came, though this time Tethi was somewhat prepared - though surprised the Green Gale hadn't reached quite yet - and so spun her bolas around her, narrowly blocking the curved lasers.
Then she was unprepared for the bullit dash.

"Ogh!" Tethi groaned as the kick sent her sliding back, falling on her back and taking a few seconds to stand back. Luckily, she was within the envisioned circle of the water barrier Khepri was forming...but so was Copen.

"That all you got?!" Tethi tried to call out in an attempt to bait Copen, before holding up her bolas and spinning it, trying to hit Copen with it from a good distance now.