• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Can I revive an old post?

Before answering, please read this.

There's a 4-page thread that got its last reply a year ago, "If you had a Pokemon Gym" or something, and I don't own it or anything, so can I make a new thread, to start the thread again or should I just comment on the "dead" thread?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Quoth the almighty Global Rules:

Regarding Posting In Old Threads

Generally, reviving old topics is allowed as long as you can add something new. However, we ask that you not revive threads on page 3 or beyond in a forum.

So I'd say you're probably good to revive it. :) Let me know if anything about the rule is unclear!

@Teapot
Oh, I'm sorry about not reading that. I forgot there is one. I'm gonna read them now because I read them ages ago and forgot that they would tell meh stuff.

Also, uh, it says "not revive threads on page 3 or beyond" and it's 4 page. And doesn't that mean posting in old threads? Not making a new one? I'll edit this post if I find my answer.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
If it's on page 4, you wouldn't usually revive the thread, and a new one would make more sense. That said, would you mind linking the thread you want to post in? I'll be able to explain better with the context :)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know what, just go ahead and revive that one @GalacticGeckoMC. It doesn't really make sense to me to recreate a perfectly good topic that's only been dormant since late last year. :)