• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

'Charms Battle League 2011 - Choose Your Format!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since I'm quite stumped for ideas on what battle format to use on the next 'Charms league, I decided the best thing to do would be simply to see what kinds of battles everyone wants to be taking part in. So, with this poll here, your votes will decide the format being used in the next 'Charms league, which will hopefully start before the end of 2011.

Uh, with that, vote away.

EDIT: Poll reset and removed since people were voting without posting in the topic explaining their choices. Just post here saying what kind of format you want and we'll go with that.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I don't expect this to be the popular choice (nor the most solid whatsoever), but I voted Little Cup 6vs6 Triple Battles.

My main reasoning is this:
- Little Cup takes less preparation time and it'd be much easier to do a full 6vs6 Little Cup tourney than a 6vs6 Singles due to B/W's silliness.
- We haven't tried a Triple Battle tournament of any sort yet, and they interest me. :x

My second choice however is standard 4vs4 Doubles. As far as emulation of official tournaments go, it's the most solid in that regard.

Singles, doubles or Little Cup interest me.

Honestly, the new gametypes introduced in Gen V seem to be purely gimmicky and nothing more.

Is it gonna be on Pokemon Online? That way we can get a whole load more people, because for some people EV training and breeding a team can take weeks - whilst PO just takes an hour at the very most to make a perfect team with every detail just how you like it.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Whether it's on Wi-Fi or PO depends on the format really. 6vs6 Singles would almost definitely be on PO unless there was severe objection to it (which I doubt there would be) whereas stuff like Little Cup and 4vs4 Doubles would be on Wi-Fi.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
King of Lucario said:
Whether it's on Wi-Fi or PO depends on the format really. 6vs6 Singles would almost definitely be on PO unless there was severe objection to it (which I doubt there would be) whereas stuff like Little Cup and 4vs4 Doubles would be on Wi-Fi.

I agree with this. It's easy to make a decent LC team with less than perfect stats and many people around here already have 4vs4 GBU teams raised, so I see no reason (aside from connection issues) for those rulesets not to be WiFi.

I have a question: As in Little Cup, do we mean all Pokemon must be lvl 5? If that is the case, then I would gladly participate, but my suggestion would be 6vs6 LittleCup SINGLES. I agree with Dark Soul on the new battle types. They are gimmicky and dull, so I wouldnt suggest them. Singles is the tryed and tested format, and addind LC ito the mix would make it much easier to create a team, therefore having a larger league.

If anyone hasnt guessed, my vote goes to 6vs6 Little Cup Singles.

I really like the idea of Little Cup because of the preparation time...however I can't do it over wifi because I can't make my DS play ball with the router in my apartment. Soooo, if I'm to participate, I like the idea of doing 6v6 singles so I can do it on PO.

I'll say 4v4 doubles. My reasoning; It's good practice for next years VGC giving experts and rookies alike a good place to test their mettle against various opponents.

Well, my computer has suddenly started to like Pokemon Online again, so I change my vote to 6vs6 Singles!

My router has stated hating my DS now anyways, so WiFi is out of the question.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
6vs6 Singles seems to be the most likely choice at this rate. This topic will be left open for a bit longer in case there's any serious objection to that (which is unlikely, but you never know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.