• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Charms Organised Play: Overview and Registration Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Standard Meeting Times: Every Saturday at 6 PM GMT

IRC Channel: #PokecharmsWFC,
Server: irc.systemnet.info (SystemNET)

Join the Chat via Mibbit: http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23pokecharm ... emnet.info

While the set meetings are held on Saturdays, the PokecharmsWFC chat is available at all times. Use it for discussion whenever you like. Also, if you have never used an IRC-related program before, this thread can assist you in getting permanently connected to our channel.

Without further ado...

Charms Organised Play: Overview

What is it?
Charms Organised Play is all about playing, trading, and battling Pokemon with other members of Pokecharms. If you enjoy playing the games online, this is the place for you.

Highlights of Charms Organised Play
We're always expanding our list of activities and events, but the highlights of Organised Play include the following:
  • The Saturday Meet Ups
    Drop by the #PokecharmsWFC IRC channel each Saturday at 6 PM GMT and meet up with other members to discuss and play Pokemon over the WiFi Connection. What you do is up to you. There's no set length per session, so stick around as long as you like.
  • The Weekend Mini-Tournaments
    Occasionally we'll organise tournaments on the weekends during the Saturday meeting time. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and only last a single afternoon. Check out the Games Wiki page for more info.
  • The Battle Leagues
    It's a grand affair spanning the months of July and August. Competitors battle round robin to earn points, and whoever wins the most battles is crowd league champion for the year. You must be a registered Organised Play member in order to participate.
  • The Pokecharms Winter Tournament
    Every year since 2008, Pokecharms has hosted its annual Winter WiFi Tournament spanning the months of December and January. The type of tournament held is different each year, and full team registrations are required in order to compete. Check back every November for the rules and team registration details.
How can I join?
If you own any of the 4th/5th generation Pokémon RPGs, have some spare time, access to the Wi-Fi Connection, and can join the #PokecharmsWFC chat – you’re good to go. Drop by during one of the scheduled meets, or fill out the quick "form" below to become a permanent member and take part in the leagues. Moderators will be present in the WFC chat, so play nicely. Beyond that, all interested members are welcome.

If you have any general questions, comments, concerns, or ideas related to Charms Organized Play, feel free to discuss them within this topic or send me a PM.

Member Registration Form

Signing up is simple. Just copy, paste, and fill out the form below in a reply to this topic. Note that it's not necessary to have a competitive team trained in order to take part in the group meets, but the leagues and tournaments will be competitive battling. You can view the Registered Members list on our Games wiki.

Please only register if you already are, or planning to become, an active member of Charms Organised Play and Pokecharms.com. Thank you.

Code:
[b]Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called[/b]:
[b]Your main Pokémon Friend Codes with name of games[/b]: 
[b]Secondary Pokémon Friend Codes (ie. for storage/trading)[/b]:
[b]Do you competitively battle?[/b]:
[b]Your Timezone[/b]:

[b]What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?[/b]:
[b]Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?[/b]:
[b]Do you know how to join our chat?[/b]:
[b]Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?[/b]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heya. I've done a bit of cleaning and deleted old registration requests from the topic. A number of these registrations were never added to the members list for whatever reason (most likely due to inactivity), but if you seriously were interested in being a member feel free to post your registration again.

That said, I've decided to update the registration form with a few extras fields. Hopefully they'll help us better understand what people want out of Charms Organised Play when they join. :)

For anyone updating the members list on the wiki, you do not need to add the extra registration questions to the wiki. Thanks!

Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called:Alek
Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s):Heart gold (in game name is Alek)^^
Do you competitively battle?:maybe
Do you use Voice Chat functions?:...no?
Your Timezone:Asia Hochiminh(Viet Nam)
kay...^^

Oops!
forgot my fc!
Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game(s):Heart gold 3438 9974 4664 (in game name is Alek)

here's my answer
What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?:
I wanted to meet all the people around the word,talk to them,battle,...you know...chat,trade and all the cool stuff.^^
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?:
Love to!
Do you know how to join our chat?:
urrr...http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23pokecharm ... emnet.info?
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?
Um...April and May(that might happen)

my time zone(AGAIN):SE Asia Standard Time

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Double posting, let alone Quadruple posting, is against our rules. Use the modify button next time. I've edited all your posts into one~

Preferred Name/Screen Name-Blue
to be called-Blue
Pokémon Friend IDs with name of game-Blue 3439 0597 7335
Do you competitively battle?Yes
Do you use Voice Chat functions?Yes
Your Timezone-Central
What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play? I wanted to trade and battle people
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league? Yes
Do you know how to join our chat?No
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?No

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
AwesomeBlue said:

Hey AwesomeBlue. To take part in this you really gotta know how to get onto the chat.

Please either join the chat via our mibbit link. You can also download mIRC/Chatzilla. If you're not sure how to set either of those programs up once you've downloaded them, let us know and we can help you out. :)

D

Darkspyro97

Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called: Blaze
Your main Pokémon Friend Codes with name of games: 2795 0017 9493 White
Do you competitively battle?: Not always
Your Timezone: GTM -6 (Mexico)

What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?: trade and battle others
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?: Maybe
Do you know how to join our chat?: Yes
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?: No unless something happens

M

miss empoleon

Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called:hannah,empoleon
Your main Pokémon Friend Codes with name of games:ss 1850-1702-4303
Secondary Pokémon Friend Codes (ie. for storage/trading)ss
:Do you competitively battle?:yes.
Your Timezone: central

What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?:wanted to battle!
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?:yes
Do you know how to join our chat?:yes
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?:no, other than if the game is lost

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called: Mr.RMA, RMA, Robby
Your main Pokémon Friend Codes with name of games: 3267 4357 8380 White
Do you competitively battle?: Yes
Your Timezone: Eastern United States Timezone (-4)

What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?: I enjoy competing against, and making friends with people from various locations and countries around the world
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?: Definitely
Do you know how to join our chat?:Yes
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?: Nothing planned. Most likely only on the rare occasion I'm traveling/occupied and I can't reach a hot spot.

Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called: Sparky
Your main Pokémon Friend Codes with name of games: 2021-8944-0742 Pokemon Black
Do you competitively battle?: Sometimes :p
Your Timezone: Eastern United States time (Florida)

What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?: Hm...I like battleing over Wi-Fi if im bored...and I like to make friends.
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?: Maybe
Do you know how to join our chat?: No
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?: Im unable to take part on things on school days. I can come on a computer but not on video games during school days.

Just message me if you want to Battle or Trade.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've added DarkSpyro and Mr. RMA as members. :)

For everyone else, I can't yet add you.

Sparky Kitsune said:
Do you know how to join our chat?: No

I just explained this to Awesome Blue a few posts up:

Linkachu said:
AwesomeBlue said:

Hey AwesomeBlue. To take part in this you really gotta know how to get onto the chat.

Please join the chat via our mibbit link. You can also download mIRC/Chatzilla. If you're not sure how to set either of those programs up once you've downloaded them, let us know and we can help you out. :)

Also, I wonder about this comment of yours here:

Just message me if you want to Battle or Trade.

That's not really how this works.

If you simply want people to message you for battles and trades, you should just create a standard Gen 5 WiFi thread. Charms Organised Play is much more active, so we're encouraging members to take the initiative themselves to take part. Being able to join the chatroom and taking part in discussions is part of that, too.

Preferred Name(s)/Screen Name(s) to be called:JayJay
Your main Pokémon Friend Codes with name of games: 3568 0932 7949 White
Secondary Pokémon Friend Codes (ie. for storage/trading):
Do you competitively battle?: Although I'm making a competitive team, I've never battled competitively
Your Timezone: MST

What made you decide to join Charms Organised Play?: I wanted to try and battle competitively and meet new people
Do you plan to take part in our tournaments or the league?: Not sure yet, but I think I will
Do you know how to join our chat?: Mhm
Are there any time periods (ie. specific months) during the year that you'll be unable to take part?: Nothing specific, but I may not be on every Saturday

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Since the Organised Play section is a bit borked at the moment, I'm going to lock this topic for now. I'll see to getting it sorted out as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.