• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Children of Vestroia: Bakugan AU

@Nukas
https://pokecharms.com/threads/children-of-vestroia-bakugan-au-rp.21706/#post-812819

Two worlds, so similar yet so different. One inhabited by humans, the other inhabited by monsters. These two worlds were too different and the inhabitants would never live together in harmony, right? After being seperated for eons, countless portals opened up in the sky in the world of humans. Through them came cards and weird toys, or so the humans thought. These toys were the monsters of the other world, called bakugan, appearing as a toy because of the limitations of this new strange world. Through the combination of cards, monsters and humans, a new game was created that made both human and bakugan strife to hone their skills and deepen their bonds of trust. But something far less cheerful was looming at the horizon.....

Welcome everyone, to the Children of Vestroia Bakugan AU! In this AU, none of the Battle Brawlers exist, giving us a lot more freedom in what we can do. Right now the main plot is trying to become the best brawler in the world, but feel free to bring up any ideas that you think might be fun. This is your roleplay as much as mine. Bakugan have 6 attributes, and these are the types Bakugan have.
Pyrus: Attribute of fire.
Subterra: Attribute of earth.
Haos: Attribute of light.
Darkus: Attribute of darkness.
Aquos: Attribute of water.
Ventus: Attribute of wind.
These attributes can give a bakugan the upper hand in a brawl and determine how much G-Power a bakugan gains from a gate card or an ability card. To win a brawl, there needs to be a G-Power difference of atleast 50 G. When this difference is smaller, the better attribute wins. If neither attribute beats the other, then you need to work out who wins with your opponent. Brawls go on until 3 gate cards have been obtained. Gate cards are obtained by beating opponents or by having two of your bakugan on a gate card, winning the card without fighting. If you somehow have all three bakugan on different cards and your opponent doesn't initiate combat, you can select one bakugan to 'stay'. If this bakugan doesn't get attacked by the end of your next turn, you win that gate card.

Pyrus beats Darkus but is weak against Aquos.
Subterra beats Ventus but is weak to Haos.
Haos beats Subterra but is weak to Darkus.
Darkus beats Haos but is weak to Pyrus.
Aquos beats Pyrus but is weak to Ventus.
Ventus beats Aquos but is weak to Subterra.
Let's lay down some rules.

1. No overpowered or unique Bakugan. To make clear what I mean, no Dragonoid, Leonidas or Vladitor as your Guardian. Try to stay close to season 1 G-Power, don't come busting out an Alpha Hydranoid or something.
  2. Don't break the general rules of the site. This should be pretty self-explanatory, but sadly it isn't as much as I would have hoped.
  3. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13. If you want to go further, keep it in DMs or write fanfics.
  4. Bakugan that belong to the brawlers minus Drago are available, but incredibly rare and not just for purchase in the shop. Talk to me if you want one of these Bakugan and I'll see if the reason and method of obtaining it are good enough.
  5. Bakugan or cards you created yourself are allowed, as long as they aren't insanely powerful. Make sure that there is a detailed description of their looks, attribute and effects to up the chances of getting accepted.
  6. Each character has 3 Gate Cards, 3 Ability Cards and 3 Bakugan. When a Gate Card or Ability Card has been used up in a brawl, it won't return until the fight is over or an effect is activated that allows you to regain either type of card. If I find out that you use a card more than once in a brawl, you get a strike. Three strikes and you will get banned from the RP. It sounds harsh, but the rule is easy to follow and breaking it just ruins the fun.
  7. Type 'Vestroia' somewhere in your bio so I know you read the rules.
  8. Super Shots, arguably the most fun and annoying thing in the games. They are allowed, but only if you have an incredibly strong bond with your Bakugan. For those who are unaware of what they are, there is a spoiler tag describing them.
  9. Critical K.O's are only available through super shots, to prevent K.O spamming. A Critical K.O means knocking a bakugan off the gate card and winning it instantly.
  10. Have fun!
Pyrus Strike: The bakugan gets cloaked in flames, if an opposing bakugan gets hit whilst the flames are active, it gets knocked of the gate card and the person using the super shot wins the gate card.
Subterra Quake: The bakugan flies up high in the sky and comes crashing down on a gate card. If it lands on an occupied gate card or on a card right next to one, the bakugan get knocked off but the card is not immediately won.
Haos Lightning: A blinding light envelopes the bakugan, allowing it to knock off all bakugan it touches until it stands on a gate card. Similarly to Subterra, no gate cards can be won this way.
Darkus Phantom: A dark cloud surrounds the bakugan, allowing it to slip through all manner of obstacles and bakugan to get on a gate card. Once it stands, it is also immune to Critical K.O's.
Aquos Spiral: A permanent stream of water around the bakugan allows it to move freely and always make its way to the gate card.
Ventus Storm: Strong winds surround the user, allowing it to blow other bakugan away and protecting it against Critical K.O's after standing.
BIO
Name:
Sexuality (Optional):
Main Attribute:
Secondary Attribute (Optional):
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner):
Bakugan (Including your partner):
Personality Guardian:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Name: Francis Lawrence
Sexuality (Optional): Bisexual
Main Attribute: Darkus
Secondary Attribute (Optional): Aquos
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner): Darkus Robotallion
Bakugan (Including your partner): Darkus Robotallion, Darkus Juggernoid, Aquos Siege
Personality Guardian: Robotallion is a calm individual, always there to give advice and to calm Francis down. He is always in for a good joke, as long as no one gets hurt. If someone does hurt an innocent person, the usually merciful bakugan will not stop attacking until the attacker is either knocked out or has paid for their crimes.
Appearance: Standing at 5'11 and weighing in at 143 lbs, Francis has copper-red skin and wears black leather pants , black leather boots and a black leather jacket with a blue shirt underneath. He has messy black hair that covers his ears and brown eyes.
Personality: Francis is a jovial person, always ready to laugh or brawl. He also has a pretty short temper at times, especially against anyone who says Darkus is the attribute of thieves and villains. He isn't above fighting himself, but prefers to fight with his bakugan most of the time. In battle he utilises both swapping tactics and boosts of G-Power to sweep past his opponents.
Dislikes: Bugs, swimming, reading.
Other: N/A

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
So just to be clear, because I honestly forgot what we decided in Discord, we are allowing custom bakugan as long as they make sense with season 1 g power and don’t have any abilities that are too insane or we are not?

So just to be clear, because I honestly forgot what we decided in Discord, we are allowing custom bakugan as long as they make sense with season 1 g power and don’t have any abilities that are too insane or we are not?
Correct, and a good visual description wouldn't hurt either

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
So let’s get the ball rolling with ideas. I believe in the anime, the battle brawlers created the game of bakugan themselves. In this version would our characters be the ones to have created the game? If so, should we change any of the rules up or no? Also sorry I’m stalling a little bit with my bio since I haven’t had the time to create one yet.

So let’s get the ball rolling with ideas. I believe in the anime, the battle brawlers created the game of bakugan themselves. In this version would our characters be the ones to have created the game? If so, should we change any of the rules up or no? Also sorry I’m stalling a little bit with my bio since I haven’t had the time to create one yet.
It would be a fun idea to mess around with, and it really doesn't change too much of the plot. I don't see why they shouldn't have created the game. New rules seem likely to be messy, but I am open for any suggestions you might have. And no rush, it's all about the fun.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Alright, fine, I'm joining.

I'll have to do a degree of research before I can make my bios though, so this might take a while.
Glad to have you, I will say this is an unexpected, but very welcome development. And don’t worry, I’m gonna be doin research and I watched the show and played the game.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Can I ask what “season” of Bakugan are we using? The original? Or the more futuristic one, bc I prefer the original lol

Name: Zephyr Aurelio
Main Attribute: Ventus
Secondary Attribute (Optional): Haos
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner): Ventus Monarus
Bakugan (Including your partner): Ventus Siege, Haos Bee Striker, Ventus Monarus
Personality Guardian: As graceful as a butterfly and attitude as calm as spring winds, Monarus is someone Zephyr looks towards to for advice when he’s having his own difficulties. Though sarcastic on occasions, Monarus likes to keep things regal and maintain order.
Appearance: Zephyr has a midnight black comb-over hair that contrasts with his green eyes. He has a honey tan skin, averagely built, and a bit on the shorter spectrum of his age, stuck around a 5'9". His attire usually consists of a forest green and black plaid flannel over a plain white tee that reaches his upper thigh. Skinny black jeans is accompanied by black sneakers with a yellow lining.
Personality: Zephyr isn’t spontaneous, but more so meticulous with what he does, sometimes too much. He preps things out to keep things in an orderly fashion. Speaking of fashion, Zephyr really likes to watch his appearance a lot, careful potential grime and stains attached to his clothing.
Dislikes: Grime and dirt mainly
Other: Vestroia is where all Bakugan are from, unless we’re talking about later seasons where they “made” Bakugan.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Can I ask what “season” of Bakugan are we using? The original? Or the more futuristic one, bc I prefer the original lol

Bakugan (Including your partner): Ventus Siege, Haos Bee Striker, Ventus Monarus
Personality Guardian: As graceful as a butterfly and attitude as calm as spring winds, Monarus is someone Zephyr looks towards to for advice when he’s having his own difficulties. Though sarcastic on occasions, Monarus likes to keep things regal and maintain order.
Appearance: Zephyr has a midnight black comb-over hair that contrasts with his green eyes. He has a honey tan skin, averagely built, and a bit on the shorter spectrum of his age, stuck around a 5'9". His attire usually consists of a forest green and black plaid flannel over a plain white tee that reaches his upper thigh. Skinny black jeans is accompanied by black sneakers with a yellow lining.
Personality: Zephyr isn’t spontaneous, but more so meticulous with what he does, sometimes too much. He preps things out to keep things in an orderly fashion. Speaking of fashion, Zephyr really likes to watch his appearance a lot, careful potential grime and stains attached to his clothing.
Other: Vestroia is where all Bakugan are from, unless we’re talking about later seasons where they “made” Bakugan.
We are indeed talking about the first season as we felt that would be the easiest and most fun to rp. Everything looks to be in order, but I'll let Hydra have the final say of accepted or not.

Alright, fine, I'm joining.

I'll have to do a degree of research before I can make my bios though, so this might take a while.
Glad to have you on board, and don't feel pressured! Nukas still needs a bio as well

We're using season 1, because we felt like it would be more fun and wayyy less confusing for new people. I see nothing wrong with this bio, accepted!

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Glad to have you on board, and don't feel pressured! Nukas still needs a bio as well
We're using season 1, because we felt like it would be more fun and wayyy less confusing for new people. I see nothing wrong with this bio, accepted!
I’m working on it ok, it’s hard to make a new bakugan that is unique, fun and not overpowered.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Im sorry did you just say Bakugan

Ill have you know that I have watched that series four times over on my iPad. I had one of each attribute and me and my friend were obsessed with it back in the day. So with that being said, Ill invite myself on this doorstep to make a character.

Im sorry did you just say Bakugan

Ill have you know that I have watched that series four times over on my iPad. I had one of each attribute and me and my friend were obsessed with it back in the day. So with that being said, Ill invite myself on this doorstep to make a character.
Sweet, the more the merrier!

Name: Leon Tepes
Sexuality (Optional): Straight
Main Attribute: Subterra
Secondary Attribute (Optional): Ventus
Guardian Bakugan : Subterra Reaper
Bakugan : Subterra Wormquake, Subterra Reaper and Ventus Ravenoid
Personality Guardian: Reaper is slient like death itself he rarely speaks believing actions speak better than words however whenever he says something it is based on observation so it is always useful but despite this he does carve battles.
Appearance: Leon has shaggy brown like a lions mane and stands at 6'4, he has blue eyes that shine like sapphires and wears Brown Jeans with a cowboy belt. As well as a Green shirt with a Brown waist coat over the top with a brown cowboy hat as well as black trainers.
Personality: Leon is a very kind person but he is very calculative when in a brawl or gaming, but if it is something he can have fun in he'll do it but he we'll always put any advice he is given to use for himself.
Dislikes: Poachers and Corruption
Other: Does reaper count as one of the brawlers bakugan because he was utilised by masquerade until he was sent to the doom dimension.

Guardian Bakugan : Subterra Reaper
Bakugan : Subterra Wormquake, Subterra Reaper and Ventus Ravenoid
Personality Guardian: Reaper is slient like death itself he rarely speaks believing actions speak better than words however whenever he says something it is based on observation so it is always useful but despite this he does carve battles.
Appearance: Leon has shaggy brown like a lions mane and stands at 6'4, he has blue eyes that shine like sapphires and wears Brown Jeans with a cowboy belt. As well as a Green shirt with a Brown waist coat over the top with a brown cowboy hat as well as black trainers.
Personality: Leon is a very kind person but he is very calculative when in a brawl or gaming, but if it is something he can have fun in he'll do it but he we'll always put any advice he is given to use for himself.
Other: Does reaper count as one of the brawlers bakugan because he was utilised by masquerade until he was sent to the doom dimension.
Reaper does count as one of the brawlers bakugan, so you are not allowed to use him right off the bat. Later on in the RP you might if you give a solid reason for it. And you forgot something that is stated in the rules, read them again if you want to be accepted.

Guardian Bakugan : Subterra Hynoid
Bakugan : Subterra Wormquake, Subterra Hynoid and Ventus Ravenoid
Personality Guardian: Hynoid is slient like the night itself he rarely speaks believing actions speak better than words however whenever he says something it is based on observation so it is always useful but despite this he does carve battles.
Other: Vestoria, There you are thank you for informing me about reaper.

Guardian Bakugan : Subterra Hynoid
Bakugan : Subterra Wormquake, Subterra Hynoid and Ventus Ravenoid
Personality Guardian: Hynoid is slient like the night itself he rarely speaks believing actions speak better than words however whenever he says something it is based on observation so it is always useful but despite this he does carve battles.
Other: Vestoria, There you are thank you for informing me about reaper.
Accepted! Welcome on board!

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Can I ask what about the old Legendary Soldiers of Because they technically got replace. (Whoop spoiler alert)
Is our plot taking place before or after that?
If it’s after that, are the old Legendary Soldiers up for grabs? Or nah?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
LE GASPS
hold up I looked up my information wrong, I think

Because the old legendary 6 had Apollinir and Oberus and what not
Drago and Preyas and Skyress etc because the Fighting 6
But then in New Vestroia, Ingram Dragon Elfin etc became the new legendary 6

Can I ask what about the old Legendary Soldiers of Because they technically got replace. (Whoop spoiler alert)
Is our plot taking place before or after that?
If it’s after that, are the old Legendary Soldiers up for grabs? Or nah?
A good question, and a solid observation. The Legendary Soldiers are not up for grabs, that would absolutely ruin the power scaling because of how incredibly strong they are. Our plot will be taking place before they are replaced

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Here is my bio sorry it took so long, but creating a custom Bakugan is hard. I'm going to have my character meet their partner in-game. Here it is. If the bakugan is a little to op I can change stuff around, but I really liked the idea I had.

Name: Cascade (Cas) West
Sexuality (Optional): Unsure
Main Attribute: Aquos
Secondary Attribute (Optional): Subterra
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner): Aquos Slimusoid
Slimusoid is a slime Bakugan that has no definite shape. It prefers to keep the shape of a blob of slime when not engaged in battle. In "toy form, the Bakugan opens from the top in ten different strips to about halfway down the Bakugan and the strips fall to the ground (or where the ground would be if he is floating). This reveals an amorphous form inside with two green eyes. (imagine Tentaclear's toy form for the physics of it)
Slimusoid is a special Bakugan. His unique slime form gives him the ability to transform into any shape he wants. Because of this, he is able to use ability cards that are designed for other Bakugan. Example: Attractor: Use your Centipoid Bakugan to move any Bakugan on the field to any other Gate Card you want. Slimusoid would be able to change his shape to match a Centipoid in order to use this ability card. However, this can not be used in order to fool character-specific gate cards.
Bakugan (Including your partner): Aquos Limulus, Subterra Terrorclaw, Aquos Slimusoid (Is going to start with an Aquos Serpenoid)
Personality Guardian: Slimusoid is a very high strung Bakugan. He tries to have a plan and structure to everything he does. He meticulously plans out every detail before he does anything because he prefers things to be precise and exact. He only recently went through one of the rifts from Vestroia into the human world.
Appearance: Cas has very unkempt, blonde hair that falls to her shoulders. She barely thinks about what she looks like and usually just wears a blue shirt, blue jeans, and a brown bomber jacket.
Personality: Cas is a go with the flow type of person. She doesn't really care what happens and doesn't think twice about what she's doing in the moment. This can cause some disparity between her and Slimusoid. She just lets whatever is going to happen, happen She rolls with the punches and adjusts accordingly.
Dislikes: Plans
Other:

Here is my bio sorry it took so long, but creating a custom Bakugan is hard. I'm going to have my character meet their partner in-game. Here it is. If the bakugan is a little to op I can change stuff around, but I really liked the idea I had.

Name: Cascade (Cas) West
Sexuality (Optional): Unsure
Main Attribute: Aquos
Secondary Attribute (Optional): Subterra
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner): Aquos Slimusoid
Slimusoid is a slime Bakugan that has no definite shape. It prefers to keep the shape of a blob of slime when not engaged in battle. In "toy form, the Bakugan opens from the top in ten different strips to about halfway down the Bakugan and the strips fall to the ground (or where the ground would be if he is floating). This reveals an amorphous form inside with two green eyes. (imagine Tentaclear's toy form for the physics of it)
Slimusoid is a special Bakugan. His unique slime form gives him the ability to transform into any shape he wants. Because of this, he is able to use ability cards that are designed for other Bakugan. Example: Attractor: Use your Centipoid Bakugan to move any Bakugan on the field to any other Gate Card you want. Slimusoid would be able to change his shape to match a Centipoid in order to use this ability card. However, this can not be used in order to fool character-specific gate cards.
Bakugan (Including your partner): Aquos Limulus, Subterra Terrorclaw, Aquos Slimusoid (Is going to start with an Aquos Serpenoid)
Personality Guardian: Slimusoid is a very high strung Bakugan. He tries to have a plan and structure to everything he does. He meticulously plans out every detail before he does anything because he prefers things to be precise and exact. He only recently went through one of the rifts from Vestroia into the human world.
Appearance: Cas has very unkempt, blonde hair that falls to her shoulders. She barely thinks about what she looks like and usually just wears a blue shirt, blue jeans, and a brown bomber jacket.
Personality: Cas is a go with the flow type of person. She doesn't really care what happens and doesn't think twice about what she's doing in the moment. This can cause some disparity between her and Slimusoid. She just lets whatever is going to happen, happen She rolls with the punches and adjusts accordingly.
Dislikes: Plans
Other:
Accepted, welcome to the crew co-creator!

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Oh I also forgot, his starting G-Power is about 300. I think that should help with some of the balancing issues, since it’s not super high

Oh I also forgot, his starting G-Power is about 300. I think that should help with some of the balancing issues, since it’s not super high
Yeah, it's around Juggernoids level. You're fine balance wise, just don't abuse the shapeshifting to a degree that I need to step in

Name: Alina Ambert
Sexuality (Optional):
Main Attribute: Haos
Secondary Attribute (Optional): Pyrus
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner): Haos Buzzarbolt
Buzzarbolt is a dark yellow bird Bakugan with white feathers, and a tail that splits into three pointed ends. It has golden bolt-shaped markings protruding from the back of its wings and the top of its head. In "toy form”, the Bakugan opens from the top, with the curled over tail at the top popping out and down into its position, and the wings springing out to the sides, revealing the head in the middle. It also has “legs” that fold out from the bottom left and right, with three white lines on each as “claw” decals.
It’s G Power is 360.
Bakugan (Including your partner): Haos Buzzarbolt, Haos Manion, Pyrus Griffon
Personality Guardian: Unlike his partner, Buzzarbolt is much more prideful and forceful. As a result of this, and Alina’s nature, whenever Buzzarbolt bothers to make his opinion known, it tends to be him, not his partner, that is calling the shots- mostly in brawls. Buzzarbolt’s desire to prove himself manifests itself in a much more destructive way than Alina’s, with the Bakugan actively causing problems and trying to get into fights, and often looking down on other Bakugan.
Appearance: 5'5 tall, Alina has short dark brown hair tied up into a large topknot. Always trying to keep herself neat, she usually wears a cream coloured sweater, with a sleeveless dark brown shirt underneath, and a dark brown skirt.
Personality: Alina is much like a dog- extremely loyal, and mostly aiming to make sure that other people like her, no matter what. She can be quite a pushover as a result, especially towards the people she cares about most, even if this isn't immediately obvious. So, despite seeming cheery and upbeat, most of her actions really stem from the belief that she needs to be perfect, and not slip up for a second. She's not that competitive however, unless there stands to be something gained, most specifically if trying hard will actually make people think higher of her. Surprisingly, her strategies tend to come down to sheer brute force, utilising G-Power boosts as much as possible.
Dislikes: Water, arguments.
Other: Vestroia is a place.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
sorry that was because i copy pasted yours as a custom bakugan template lol
gonna spend more time thinking on how buzzar works- since i probably forgot too much about the game
Its fine, remember you don’t have to make a custom ability like I made, I just wanted something cool like Preyas’ ability to change attribute. I like your character, but I will again give Hydra the final say

Name: Alina Ambert
Sexuality (Optional):
Main Attribute: Haos
Secondary Attribute (Optional):
Guardian Bakugan (Basically your partner): Haos Buzzarbolt
Buzzarbolt is a dark yellow bird Bakugan with white feathers, and a tail that splits into three pointed ends. It has golden bolt-shaped markings protruding from the back of its wings and the top of its head. In "toy form”, the Bakugan opens from the top, with the curled over tail at the top popping out and down into its position, and the wings springing out to the sides, revealing the head in the middle. It also has “legs” that fold out from the bottom left and right, with three white lines on each as “claw” decals.
(Possible Ability and G Power are a work in progress)
Bakugan (Including your partner): Haos Griffon, Haos Manion, Haos Buzzarbolt
Personality Guardian: Unlike his partner, Buzzarbolt is much more prideful and forceful. As a result of this, and Alina’s nature, whenever Buzzarbolt bothers to make his opinion known, it tends to be him, not his partner, that is calling the shots- mostly in brawls. Buzzarbolt’s desire to prove himself manifests itself in a much more destructive way than Alina’s, with the Bakugan actively causing problems and trying to get into fights, and often looking down on other Bakugan.
Appearance: 5'5 tall, Alina has short dark brown hair tied up into a large topknot. Always trying to keep herself neat, she usually wears a cream coloured sweater, with a sleeveless dark brown shirt underneath, and a dark brown skirt.
Personality: Alina is much like a dog- extremely loyal, and mostly aiming to make sure that other people like her, no matter what. She can be quite a pushover as a result, especially towards the people she cares about most, even if this isn't immediately obvious. So, despite seeming cheery and upbeat, most of her actions really stem from the belief that she needs to be perfect, and not slip up for a second. She's not that competitive however, unless there stands to be something gained, most specifically if trying hard will actually make people think higher of her. Surprisingly, her strategies tend to come down to sheer brute force, utilising G-Power boosts as much as possible.
Dislikes: Water, arguments.
Other: Vestroia is a place.
So far so good, but I'll refrain from accepting until you have the G-Power and ability down.

i am now playing haos. And oh god i remember when i first played it i used darkus- maybe thats why i just kinda swept through it and forgot everything. I just remember one particular of the battle games giving me HELL and i avoided it like the plague

i am now playing haos. And oh god i remember when i first played it i used darkus- maybe thats why i just kinda swept through it and forgot everything. I just remember one particular of the battle games giving me HELL and i avoided it like the plague
Let me guess, it involved Marduk or Masquerade? Darkus does make the game a lot easier, even the UBT where you have a disadvantage for 7 brawls

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
I just remember having Aquos and having to redo the final battle like 100 times before I finally beat Marduk and then I cried at the end