• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Christmas is Crazy

So in honor of the Christmas season, I've decided to put forth an idea for a Christmas themed RP!

The basic plot would be as follows : The various denizens of 'charms are decorating for the coming season. With their various abilities and "colorful" personalities they put on quite a show. In a show of over enthusiasm, Dinova, with his light abilities, creates a light display to end all light displays. However the brilliant display begins to blind aircraft. In particular, a certain flying sleigh pulled by eight reindeer that crashes nearby.

After being brought down by the lights, Jolly old St. Nick is not very jolly anymore, especially considering the importance of his christmas delivery. Santa's greatest enemies are a sect of evil elves. The elves draw power from negative emotions and are weakened by positive ones. So, Santa had brought joy to the children of the world in order to keep the elves at bay. Without santa, the joy Christmas would bring would turn to sadness and the elves would become stronger than ever before.

Now it falls to charms to deliver the presents, defeat the elves and save Christmas!

My basic idea for the rp was to have those participating in it break into two groups, one defending Santa Clause and repelling the elves and the other group would deliver the gifts. The fighting RP would be handled in chat while the deliveries would be done over a forum RP.

If anyone is interested in joining up, post here or send me a PM.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Totally interested in joining in on this, good sir! ARMA would definitely be in there somewhere, and I might even bring Mike along if the circumstances seem appropriate. Considering how two different conflicts are happening at once with two different groups, he'd probably have a place in whichever party ARMA's not a part of. Whatever the case, you can count me in for sure.

I would like to participate in this. This sounds very interesting as well as fun, and I'm in a writing mood! Plus, I'd like to actually participate in an RP, get a feel for how one works. I don't have a preference for whether I'll be fighting tiny, demented creatures or rewarding the good children of the world(that believe in Chirstmas, anyway), so I'll be happy with either one. :)

The first part of the RP, would be held as a chat RP, mostly the first part involving the decorating and Santa crashing.

So would everyone who is interested please post their availability here so that we can begin planning the schedule? The earliest this could be done is Monday the 16th, so consider your availability froom that point onward.

(Note: If you want to join still, feel free too. However if you are new to RPing, or are not confident with your ability, please send me a pm to check in with me. I'd be happy to give you advice so you can join in.)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I seem to be all over the place right now, so don't feel obligated to wait for me. I'll drop in when I can so just keep me posted on what happens if you start without me. ;)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
So would everyone who is interested please post their availability here so that we can begin planning the schedule? The earliest this could be done is Monday the 16th, so consider your availability froom that point onward.

Hmmm. I think Monday and Tuesday are bad days for me next week (and Thursdays are always bad days), but generally any other day after 8PM GMT is fine for me. ^^

Excluding unforeseeable circumstances, I shall be available tomorrow and every day following that during the time that I'm not at school. The best time for me to do this would be at 9:00 P.M. (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada), and the three hours following it, on any given day.

I'm going to be fairly busy for most of this week. Though I'll be done for the holidays from then onwards so I'll be very open for the weeks that's happening. That doesn't mean I can't make time for this, so I'll try and work with whatever everyone else needs

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Maybe this will help :)
world_time_zones.png

Just to be clear on what time that is for me, could you say what time it is where you are right now? I'll be able to compare it to my time, and thus, I'll know what time that is for me, compared to you. :)

Well, it's 10:00 here, so maybe I just have the time set wrong :p

Well, it doesn't matter. Your time is around an hour behind mine, so that would be 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, for me. At present, I see no problem with this. Depending on how long it takes, I might be very tired afterwards, but if it works for everyone else, I will do it happily and willingly! So, yes, this is good for me.

Sorry, folks, I won't be able to join you- When I wrote my first reply I hadn't considered that I would be leaving the country during the first week of the Christmas holiday. So, Chibi, feel free to take my spot!

So I guess that's 3:00-5:00AM on the Eastern half of the Atlantic? Normally, I'd be worried about the whole staying up late thing, but I can always pretend that I'm adult so that I can do what I want. :3

It's really just an introductory bit, with the various RPers decorating for Christmas, and introducing the main plot thread/ the two RP paths available to everyone.

So the RP is officially underway! We've managed to knock Santa out of the sky and all around threaten Christmas and by extension the world! (busy night!). Now it's up to us to help out old St. Nick and save Christmas!

The teams have also been decided. Fighting elves and defending Santa: Lyn (Shinyeevee), Michael (Mr.RMA), Brendan(Brendansavem), Thomas (Shinyzekrom009), RotG Santa(volunteers?)

Delivering presents to the good children of the world: Dinova (Dinova), ARMA (Mr. RMA), Dustin (Tailon), Jazz (Shinyeevee)

(If I got anything wrong, please tell me. I'm doing this off of memory.^^')

The next CRP will take place Sunday at (9:00 CST) for the elf beating.

The gift giving will take place over a forum RP. It will be a little different in style than usual. It won't be a linear story, rather it would skip to points of interest. (First house, point of difficulty, last house. etc.)

If anyone is joining in late, drop me a pm to let me know and I'll tell you the best way for you to join each RP.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, let's kick some elf ass!!

Due to a last minute change of plan, the RP from yesterday must be rescheduled, however I won't be able to be online for an extended period of time until after the 26th.

Don't worry, we still did some sparring(which was somehow evenly matched, even though it was 3 against 1), so it's not like went there for nothing :)

And just let me know a time and date, and I'll see if it works. :up: