• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open CoDA - (A Superpower RP) Still Accepting New Arrivals

Bast swished her robotic tail back and forth. "Funny story. I was talking with one of the students that's in there right now, Ryker I think his name is. I didn't leave with Oliver, and had nothing better to do. Plus, I wanted to figure out how much trouble they're in." The robotic Egyptian Mau then cocked her head. "Why are you listening?"

The twins, who were quite comfy seated on a pair of chairs outside the headmistress' office, glanced oddly at the eavesdroppers who had plastered themselves to the door of the office. Taking a moment to pause and sip on a cup of tea, then putting on airs of tranquillity, Wystria spoke quietly, "They...do know it's near impossible to sneak up on either of the headmasters...right?"

Rio had a variation of thermal vision and thus would've been able to see them despite all their subterfuge, and Sky was even harder to catch off guard because he was almost literally one with his surroundings. Unless one had instant movement abilities or something akin to her own shadow movement, which though not instantaneous would allow her to traverse through a space neither head honcho would be able to detect, or even some other ability following those lines of thought then it would indeed be utterly impossible for them to escape the notice of a headmaster.

Though following that notion their current position though technically 'outside the headmistress' office' was actually more akin to a pocket of cloaked shadows. It was a small trick they'd picked up back in their youth, well... they were both still young so 'early adolescence' might be more appropriate. They'd first have Amystella 'create' a shadow by removing the light in an area, and then by relying on Wystria, they'd enter the Shadow world. Of course, since the shadow had been artificially created in the first place it would disappear once Stella had released her control over the light rays in the area. However what they were doing now was a bit different, Stella had retained only the slightest control over the light in the area to give them a 'peep-hole' through which they were now observing their immediate surroundings. Naturally, the peep-hole itself was then surrounded by a weak distortion of light that was nigh unnoticeable as it was modeled to look similar to an 'eye floaty' and would be overlooked subconsciously by any onlookers. Even if a person was intentionally searching the area it'd be hard for them to distinguish the twin's hiding spot from the eye floaties that naturally existed within the one's eye fluids. It brought new meaning to the phrase hiding in plain sight.

Though, compared to the twins and their elaborately designed and planned hide-out the students' method of brazenly eavesdropping through the door was a bit... "Simple... That's how I'd describe it. They probably couldn't even fool the other teachers with a method like this, much less one of the headmasters... and they even have the gall to be having a conversation... Well, it's not like espionage is a course taught at CoDA, so the students' adeptness at eavesdropping is neither here nor there. " Having added her two cents, Amystella returned her attention the remains of a half-eaten Strawberry short-cake.

"Ugh, that is a good point..."
Since it was indeed no concern of hers Wystria returned her attention to her own delicacy, a butter baked croissant sandwich, decorated with an adorable little toothpick.

It was good to have free-time~

"Oh, I get it! Don't worry I'll try not to embarrass you Ollie!" Emily said with a giggle as Oliver had let out a metaphorical sigh. Of course, these kids were gonna drive him mad. Yet for some reason Oliver really could not be mad at them. Sammy especially, for whatever reason. Perhaps it was their innocence, or it had grown more tolerable around them. Nothing more, so it would tell itself....

----------
Kevin glanced down at Aura and saw her smile, which was a relief after what his friend had been through. Unknown to him Aura had also been thinking of that...mouth to mouth "kiss" that helped save Aura, though he tried to keep it in the back of his mind and focus on what was to become of them.

Tried having been the important word here...

Aura bit her bottom lip and glanced down at the floor, her pale hands rested on her lap, her nails chipped and uneven. She was probably making a big deal about the ‘kiss’ Kevin probably wasn’t even thinking about it at all, he probably just regarded it as friendly, well more life saving but on friend terms.

But she wondered if maybe... just maybe, it was a little bit more than that.

————
“Don’t worry Ollie, we’ll make sure nobody hears us call you Ollie” Sammy whispered, “Except maybe Kev and Rory and Ryker and their friends... and maybe more people. Oh and my friends. AND MRS MCKNIGHT!”

“So yeah everyone will be calling you Ollie by next week.” Sammy said, grinning. “Love you too!”

Aaron smiled at the strange Egyptian bird creature standing in front of him, "Well Ryker's my roommate and, frankly, I dont think any of them should be punished for what happened." He explained, realizing similarities in there reasons for being here. "Hm. So uh...whats your name?" He questioned, his voice still quiet, unaware the Sky would already know of his presence.

(Egyptian Mau is a breed of cat. Should've said that sooner)
"My name's Bast. I'm named after the Egyptian cat goddess, since she's depicted as an Egyptian Mau when in animal form, and that's the cat breed I was modeled after." She paused for a moment. "And what, may I ask, is your name?" There was curiosity in her voice.

Kevin took note of Aura's expression change as well as her gaze to the ground and had a frown on her face. What was troubling Aura now, Kevin wondered? Was she still troubled from these experiences, or voices she had heard?

Could she have been thinking of their "kiss?" Kevin figured not, why would Aura focus on that bit compared to everything else that happened. Some mouth to mouth with him was probably insignificant in her mind. Sure Kevin could not get his own mind off it, but Aura probably thought over the more meaningful events that happened today..

"Are you o-okay?" Kevin asked Aura, curious what had troubled his friend or what she might have been in thought over.

-----------
Once more, Oliver had let out another figurative sigh before Emily added.

"Oh an I've got to tell my sister, Beck would love to hear this!" Emily said, in reference to her elder sister Rebecca who she at times affectionately referred to as "Beck" as Oliver had wondered if this was just what kids do.

"Look, I appreciate the excitement but with the sole exception of that air elemental Ms. McKnight is the last person I want to know of your little nickname." Oliver explained, as he hoped this would detour Sammy's decision to share the nickname with her among everyone else she had in mind.

Aura flinched a little as Kevin spoke, not realizing she'd zoned out. "What? Oh- Yeah" She said, smiling a little, "Just... Thinking..."

Her stomach did somersaults as she drifted among different thoughts. She sighed, things were changing, she didn't know if she liked that or not.

--------------
"Alright Ollie, let's cut a deal. I'll tell nobody but Kevin, Aura, Ryker and Mrs Mcknight, nobody else will ever know. You can make up a silly nickname for me!"

Tilting his head, Sky took in everything said, allowing Aura to finish before responding.
"Trust me, I know how you feel. I've not exactly had... Pleasant experiences in the past. Well, not by your standards, at least. Nothing but killing, destruction and pain, which is admittedly kinda fun, but only up to a point. After that, especially when you're alone, it's just... Well, I don't really have a word for it. Viiper has been trying to get Rio for several centuries now, and at that point he was willing to do anything. Killing a few students was nothing to him, and definitely not anything to do with you."

"Anyway, the thing's dead now. You can thank Rio for that. And, well, as for the cave flooding and everything, I can't exactly say I haven't done something similar. I may have been responsible for a certain Katrina, but I'll leave it up to you to figure out." Rolling his eyes, Sky stopped speaking momentarily to create a small micropulse of wind between the door and the people with their ears to it, sending both the people and robots flying into the opposite wall with a considerably loud 'thump'

"Hey!" Bast exclaimed. Something had pushed her away from the door before she could get a response from the student she was talking to. Needless to say she was mad. She said a few words under her breath that the headmaster wouldn't want translated.

“... Right. I guess you’d probably expect this at a school for... us.” Aura said.

“If Gran knew what this school was she’d only send me over her dead body”

Last edited:
Kevin was thankful that it seemed only that Aura was in thought over something but not troubled as he heard Sky talk about the situation and gave a nod. Kevin figured if Oliver were here, he'd be yelling at Sky over that Katrina comment as well as the total hands off policy when it came to student safety but Kevin kept any thoughts he may have had to himself.

----------
"A-a nickname?" Oliver asked, if it could have properly emoted it would have been of surprise as this only caused Emily to giggle in response.

"Yeah, come on Ollie! Give Sammy a nickname!" Emily cried out, a big grin on her face as Oliver felt all eyes on it, which was not a comforting thought the AI realized.

"I-I-I..." Oliver stuttered, which was odd given the AI had never done such a thing before as it tried to process a nickname for Sammy.

"H-how does...Samantha sound?" Oliver asked, that wasn't really a nickname but the AI owl did not want to be pressured further, though it doubted its wishes would go answered.

“No silly that’s my real name. You gotta think of something that isn’t my real name, but a version of my name. See Ollie is almost your name, but not quite. For Emily I could say Emmy or Em.” Sammy explained, “It’s just a play on words, you can do it”

"Oh...oh I see..." Oliver replied as it felt the eyes of both children on it which was not a reassuring thought when it concerned this "nickname" idea, however Oliver was able to come out with something.

"How about...Sam?" Oliver asked, as it hoped that Sammy would be more accepting of this nickname selection than she had with its last name selection. Though it would concede that Sammy did have a point that "Samantha" was no nickname.

"Hmm... Sure!" Sammy exclaimed, "Not bad for your second try" Sammy Sam said. She suddenly gasped, as if coming up with a brilliant scheme, "Ollie you should come to class with us!" She said, grinning, "Pleaseeee?"

------
"Well, what are we going to do... Just go back to classes? As if everything were normal" Aura asked.

Sky thought it over for a moment, before responding, "We aren't sure yet. We might leave lessons for a day to a week, but responding to something like this happening isn't exactly an easy thing to do. Personally, I think we can leave lessons off for a day or two, then resume as normal. I mean, it is a school, and it kind of defeats the point if we stop teaching for a while." Looking out of the window, the pale blue eyes of the spirit perfectly contrasting with the grey above them in the reflection of the window, Sky sighed. "This situation seems just a bit too familiar to me. Stuff like this has happened so much in the past, and I mostly stayed out of the way. If somebody bombs a building in a terror attack, I stayed out of the way and simply watched. Direct involvement in things like this is definitely not something I'm familiar with, but I guess I gotta take responsibility. Anyway, in short, yes. Classes will continue in a normal fashion, after a two day gap."

"Alright, I might head back to my room... Think things through a bit, Try to relax" Aura said, "What do you guys w- want to do?" She asked, turning to Kevin and Ryker.

-------
"We should all do something fun, together as friends! Cuz we're all friends, we could be the mini infamous three. Emmy, Sam and Ollie"

Kevin heard Aura's question as he tried to think it over.

"I...I'm not really sure. Since getting rest should be what you do, I-I suppose I could go look for Oliver or go back to my room. U-unless you have any ideas." Kevin asked, as he was curious if Aura or Ryker had any ideas of what they could do.

-----------
Oliver, if it were a cartoon character, would have dropped its jaw all the way to the floor. Emily however was giggling and had a big grin on her face.

"Friends? Do you mean that!?" Emily asked Sammy with an eager grin, as she was more than happy to be friends with Sammy and Oliver. Oliver however was deep in thought over that as well as Sammy's self label of the "mini" infamous three.

"Cool," Ryker said, as Sky mentioned a few free days. However he simply sat and listened as the others spoke of their plan. 'You guys head back without me. I'm gonna go grab my stuff and run some laps. So Mr. Sky. We good to go or is there anything else you wanna tell us?" Ryker leaned back in his chair, and gave a grin. Hopefully they would out of there soon.

Kevin would simply remain in silence as he waited for Sky to inform him of...whatever decision was made or if they were in fact free to good. Oliver would more than likely not like to have learned Kevin and company got off without punishment of any kind but things were beyond his at this point. Regardless, Kevin was not in the mood for an argument with his guardian and would tell Oliver this much if nothing else, he was sure to remind himself.

-----------
"Yay! I love doing fun stuff, and doing it with friends is even better!" Emily said with glee, overjoyed she had made her first friend at the school that was among her own age group. Oliver itself let out a figurative sigh as it would address the younger children.

"Look, there's a fine line between doing "fun stuff" and being reckless." Oliver said, as it hoped to steer their interests away from the rather dangerous "extra curricular activities" Kevin and his friends seemed to be attracted to.

Grinning slightly, Sky said "Nah, that's about it. I don't really have anything else to ask you, nor do I have anymore reason to stress you out. Oh yeah, and watch the evesdroppers when you leave, I've already launched them once."

“G-great! Thank you” Aura said, hastily getting up. She looked over at Kevin, “Wanna w- walk back together?” She said, her stomach filled with butterflies, though she didn’t really know why.

———
“Oh no, we won’t be reckless like Rory and stuff. We’ll just have fun, safe fun! Riiiight?”

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Kylie rolled her hazel eyes that seemed to glow in the light. "I still don't get why I have to go to this school this late in the school year mom," she said grumbling to her mother who was sitting beside her in their family limo. Her mother tucked Kylie's hair behind her ear and sighed. "I've already told you many time Kylie and I'm tired of telling you again and again." said her mother obviously frustrated. She'd frown and look down again at the letter. "I do hope the people here aren't rude," she murmured to herself. Her gaze drifted around and her eyes widened in panic as she saw they were approaching the school. She slowly got out of the limo and stood at the school entrance. She saw the limo leave out of the corner of her eye but she shook her head. She took one step forward and almost tripped. "Great." she muttered darkly "I'm not even inside the school and I've almost made a big fool of myself." She slowly walked toward the school her eyes full of excitement mixed with fear.
Ooc:God this is terrible sorry

Kevin, though he had similar nerves of his own for...whatever reason. However, Kevin was able to give a nod to Aura's request.

"S-sure....that's fine with me." Kevin said with a small smile as he tried to swallow his nerves.

----------
Emily giggled. "Of course, good ole safe fun. You worry too much Ollie." Emily added with another giggle as Oliver itself had let out a sigh. It would have had little other choice but to take their word for it. Perhaps Oliver would be a guide to them, when it did not overlook Kevin, and steer them in a less dangerous path that Kevin and his friends had taken.

But it would not soon get it hopes up.

“Okay, see you guys. Sorry for being in you’re metaphorical hair,” Ryker said hoping up from his chair and headed out the door into the hallway. There he saw a cast of characters, two robotic animals, Bast and Oliver were each having conversations with Aaron and two kindergarteners, respectively. Ryker recognized one of them as Sammy and gave a faint wave, before announcing, “I really don’t think you guys are in trouble too.” And with a smirk, he made his way back to his class.

After recovering from the blast of air, Aaron rolled back onto his heels, stretching his shoulders out. "Okay maybe listening wasnt a great idea..." He said with a guilty grin spread across his face. His attention quickly snapped back to Bast, seeing she had also recovered, his carefree smile returned as he spoke, "My names Aaron, nice to meet you." He introduced himself holding a hand out to the the Egyptian cat creature.

"Nice to meet you Aaron." Bast said. The robotic feline offered one of her front paws in return. She caught a glimpse of Ryker leaving the room and waved her tail to acknowledge his presence, even if he was leaving. She heard Ryker's comment and purred in amusement.

"I- Okay, thanks Sky." Aura said softly, making her way out of the office. "So... uh- I really thought we'd have gotten in more trouble." She said to Kevin, chuckling nervously.

----
"What should we do? Suggestions?" Sammy exclaimed, looking hopefully at Emily and Oliver.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Well, perhaps I could make a suggestion."

Victoria Elizabeth Stevenson III, or Ms. Stevenson as she rather be referred to as, had been walking down the halls to get to her classroom before the current class periods would come to an end, but her eyes gazed upon a couple of students who appeared to be around the age group she teached....and a mechanical owl.

Not the oddest thing Victoria had encountered, but still a curious sight. None the less she had made her way over to them with a friendly smile.

"Hello there, my name is Victoria Elizabeth Stevenson III, though I'd rather go by Ms. Stevenson. I teach the Year 1, Basic Power Control III class. Who might you be?" Victoria asked the two students and owl.

Kevin walked out with Aura, and while he was glad they were not in trouble he had to agree with Aura that he found it weird they were just...let off the hook so easily.

"Y-yeah, I mean I'm not gonna complain...I'd imagine Oliver would do that in my place." Kevin said with a nervous chuckle as he would guess that Oliver would not be pleased to know they were let off without any punishment.

-----------
Oliver did not have the chance to respond before it turned and saw an adult woman, a teacher based on her introduction ask about them as Oliver tried to act as the adult "authority" figure among the trio.

"W-well my name is Oliver. I am an authorized guardian for one of the freshmen students here. These two..." Oliver said before Emily jumped in front of it with a big grin.

"My name is Emily!" Emily said, as she had given her own excited introduction.

"Oh he's gonna have our heads." Aura said, giving a small grin.

She sighed and turned to face Kevin, "What you did was noble Kevin. And I'll never be able to repay you for that. I don't want things to be awkward between us because of that." She said softly, blushing a little.

------
"I'm Sam...antha, Sammy!" Sammy exclaimed.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Victoria smiled at the trio, more specifically Emily & Sammy.

"A pleasure to meet you all, though I do have to wonder why you two are not in class? Do you at least have a pass or something?" Victoria asked, as she had to wonder why a pair of students were just...chatting casually with the mechanical bird rather than inside a classroom as she felt they should have been. Had she missed something? Did that meeting earlier concern these in some way? Victoria could only have made guesses.

Kevin had his own mild blush as he scratched the back of his head and offered a small smile to Aura.

"Y-you don't need to thank me. A-after everything you've done for me, it's the least I can do. You don't owe me anything. Cause you've helped me in ways that I'll never be able to repay. And n-nothing could make things...awkward between us." Kevin said, as he tried to assure his friend that it was no big deal and that he was just happy to have Aura with him.

Kevin questioned that specific mental phrasing, but decided not to dwell on it.

-----------
Oliver realized that it would have to come up with something, and had to come up with it quick. Knowing that two children were just skipping on class was not a good reflection on them or itself. However, before Oliver had the chance to speak Emily chimed in with a red piece of plastic.

"I got a pass! And as for why we are not in class, Sammy went to the nurse's office. Why I do not know." Emily admitted with a giggle as Oliver had to concede that the girl was...technically correct though how Sammy would have explained the story remained to be seen.

Aaron glanced over his shoulder towards Ryker, "Heh, seems like his sporadic lifestyle is making him well known at this school, good to see pretty much everyone is rather friendly." He concluded to no one in particular before looking back towards Bast.
"So whats your purpose at the school? Are you a teacher? You dont look like a student." He questioned, not sure if his words would come off as offensive.

"....learn Aaron...."

“O- Okay. I’m glad” Aura said, moving slightly closer to Kevin.

“It’s odd th- that the disasters that h- have happened at this school are th- the things that brings us c- closer.”

————
“Oh, hey, I got a pass as well!” Sammy said, “Oof. Barely. Seems I already have some sort of a reputation”

"Teacher? Nah, I'm a companion to a student who goes here. A Junior to be exact. Her name's Laila." Bast said. The robotic feline did a slow blink, which, if she remembered correctly, was a cat's way of smiling.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Victoria offered a smile to the girls before she gave her reply.

"Reputation? I wouldn't go that far my dear. Just seemed off a pair of students were out of class chatting is all. But I see you have passes so it is all well and good." Victoria reassured them before she thought about that "reputation" comment as she eyed Sammy for a moment.

"Though there does seem to be some other students who are beginning to form one themselves. Would you happen to know anything about that." Victoria said with a smile.

Kevin had a mild blush as Aura had moved closer to him, but he did nothing to even try to move Aura away as he responded to her comment.

"Y-yeah, I guess you have a point there A-aura. Adversity c-could bring about necessity for c-cooperation. C-can't handle those things along, and who better to c-count on for help than a friend?" Kevin asked, as he had thought about all these disasters they had been through and how it had changed Kevin. From a social outcast to someone who would fight to protect his friends to the end no matter what had stood in his way. Without Aura & Ryker, Kevin had no idea where he'd be. Now Kevin just needed to die this blush down...

----------
"Well, Kevin might be among the names you hear. He is a good kid, he and his friends just happen to fall into...dangerous circumstances." Oliver said as it had been ready to speak up in Kevin's defense even if it had disagreed with how reckless they could be at times.

"Mmm..." Aura said, agreeing, "I remember that very first class, I was a nervous, stuttering girl that had no control over anything, and l- look at me now. I'm somebody that made a difference, even if it was small"

-----
"I guess so..." Sammy said, "Though I did just jump in a fountain, disguise myself so a teacher wouldn't catch me and play a part in the Viiper attack, plus I'm Rory's sissy so that helps. But honestly I'm bound to be cheeky, I mean we're in a school full of magic people you can't expect me to be told what to do all the time"