• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
A group of twelve members of a hockey team, along with their coach, are invited to a friendly match between them and a rival team a town over. Weirdly, nobody has come to greet them, and nobody is in the stadium, not even the team they're supposed to play against. Soon enough, they find themselves locked inside the stadium, riddled with traps that are extremely dangerous, and a mysterious killer following their every move. Your decisions and choices will determine whether you live or die. Find a way to escape, or never see the light of day again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to Cold as Ice, this RP is based on the games from The Dark Pictures Anthology, which let you play as five different characters, making different choices for each of them to decide their fate at the end of the game. This RP focuses on these seven characters, which has to try and escape the stadium. For this rp, I shall be playing the DM (Dungeon Master) and their Coach so that the story, and the RP can play a bit smoother. For this RP, You won't have any set choices, so that you can choose how you want your own character can act, though I shall be updating your character's relationship with different characters your character previously interacted with depending on your choices in dialogue.

Now, for the thing you have been waiting for, angsty deaths. In different rooms inside of the stadium, It will have a death trap that has a chance to kill you (or anyone else your character is exploring with.) A small way to avoid this, is that each character will have a single item that can stop ONE random trap, which may or may not correspond to their item. Said item can be used only once, and can be given to other characters or kept for themselves. Other than traps, some choices can kill a character indirectly, by a masked murderer who follows your character's footsteps every move.

Next, the rules of the RP.
  • Of course, Pokecharms General and Global rules must apply.
  • Not a rule, but I suggest all characters have different traits and personalities, because it provides contrast between characters along with different relationships with each-other.
  • One character per RPer, since there are only six available slots remaining.
  • I will roll a six-sided die for any characters in a trap room, which are also randomized, to give fairness and a bit of worry for all of you RPers.
  • Put "dam" in your bio somewhere so I can see you read the rules.
  • I do suggest to always keep your character's relationship with other characters reasonable and can happen irl, so for example, a quiet kid and the bully being friends isn't too reasonable, but it could happen, just try not to overdo it.
  • Remember that all characters can die, though if you don't want your OC to die just yet, then just DM me, and I'll try to keep them from dying for a short period of time. I can only do this once per RPer though, since it would remove the worry aspect of this RP to try and keep everyone alive.

Finally, the moment you've all been waiting for, the character sheet.

Name:
Age (17-19):
Appearance:
Biography (Add funny trauma, if you'd like):
Fears:
Other:

(edit: made it twelve, since i wanted to be correct with info, since each hockey team is made up of eleven people, not counting the coach)

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Name: Cheri Anderson

Personality: Cheri is a sweet, demure, kindhearted, intelligent girl, just like her momma raised. She is also a liar and none of that is true. Cheri, despite her sweet name and momma’s wishes, is an absolute powerhouse of strong language, loud speech, and pent up frustration at pretty much everything. When not at home, her sharp wit, irritable retorts, and scathing tone when she means to talk to people emerge from beneath the pretty-princess mask her mother wishes she was. Tired of being sheltered and a total perfectionist, Cheri lashes out at pretty much everything that isn’t up to her standard, including herself. However, this also means she can provide powerful motivation as a highly driven person… even if that motivation is a threat to beat your ass if you let offense through.

Appearance: Cheri, thanks to her mother’s preening, always tends to look like she walked out of a fashion magazine. Her wavy brown hair is styled with light pink highlights and falls to her mid back, though it’s usually carelessly shoved under her helmet before a game. She has a delicate face with striking green eyes just a little too far apart and a nose just a little too straight to really be considered model-worthy despite her form, and at six foot two in heels, too tall to pull off a cutesy look with oversized sweaters. However, much to Cheri’s chagrin, her mother still obsesses over her only daughter’s figure and dresses her in elegantly coordinated outfits for school (though sometimes she’ll change into a hoodie and sweatpants in the bathroom).

Biography: The marriage of Cheri’s parents was happy, superficial, and fleeting. Cheri never met her father, but her mother never answered questions about him, always giving a vague “oh, he’s away on work” or something similar. Eventually, Cheri, being the curious child she was, found the divorce papers, and launched an investigation around her neighborhood at twelve years old. She pieced together the story from several nosy neighbors and learned that, after her mother had been badly burned in a fire (which her father wasn’t caught in, as he was with another woman) her father had divorced her mother and left her with the medical bills and the unborn child.

It was lucky for the expecting mother that she came from money, and her eccentric (but rich) parents managed to smooth things over and pay everything off with cash to spare. After that, Cheri’s mother began to obsess over the looks she had lost in the fire, and that obsession turned to her baby girl when she arrived.

Cheri was pampered, to say the least, but also smothered. While other kids would run around and play, she was getting dolled up for child pageants for the dreams her mother couldn’t fulfill herself. Finally, she was able to convince her mother to let her quit, once she hit her growth spurt and was five foot nine in the sixth grade, not quite as cute anymore.

Cheri had taken ice skating lessons since she was six, as her mother considered it a “beautiful, ladylike pastime,” and one that Cheri actually somewhat enjoyed. But it was hockey that she fell in love with, not the artistic figure skating her mother was partial to. She had the build for it, much more so than the delicate-looking, deceptively strong figure skaters six inches shorter who shared her classes. Since she knew her mother would never approve, she told her she was signing up for competitive figure skating at her school, conveniently leaving out competition dates— because it was the hockey team she had joined, not the skating team.

Somehow, the ruse held, and Cheri remained on the team as a very vocal member of offense, unlike those “dam pansies who’re too scared to score,” unwilling to betray her respect for the defense.

Fears: Being treated like an object, being too weak for literally anything, imperfectionism, pageants/being on stage alone

Other: hahaha find the code word go

| Korutesu |

Name: Rick Nichols

Age (17-19): 47

Personality: Rick is a shell of his old self, seeing as he's got a really bad temper, unlike before when his daughter was still alive. He's become overly competitve about hockey, and believes that his team members should be pushed to the limit, and do everything and anything it takes to win. He's also pretty stubborn, and has a small leadership problem.

Appearance: Rick's a pretty tall man, standing at 6'4, with black hair, though the roots are turning gray due to his age. While he has light blue eyes, with fair skin, though he has small bags under his eyes, probably due to a loss of sleep. He normally wears black leather jackets with a white undershirt, while he has a blue scarf and blue jeans. In cold places, he wears blue puffy jackets, with some gray sweatpants.

Biography: Up until a decade ago, he had the perfect life. He had an amazing family, a stable job, and most of all, his loving daughter. He was so caught up living his perfect life, but he didn't know that his daughter had fallen terminally ill. Because of this, he fell into a depression, and began smoking to try and clear it off his head.

His daughter died a few years later, while his wife left him a few days after, leaving him all alone. He became even more depressed, and was so upset that he couldn't even go to work, leading him to get fired by his boss. Eventually, he picked himself up back on his feet, but his daughter's death is still haunting him, as he never came to terms with it. Because of all this trauma, he became an insomniac, and had a very difficult time to sleep, but he still worked as hard as he could. He hopes that there was another way, and wishes to see his daughter again. Because of all this, he hopes to achieve to fill this hole by pushing his team to the limit, and he must always do his best to win.

Fears: Re-living his past trauma, since due to the death of his daughter, he wasn't the same ever since. He also fears that he might lose anyone close to him in his life, as he is a very lonely man.

Other: He's an Insomniac, almost unable to sleep without medication or outside intervention. He also smokes a lot, which is probably the reason for his insomnia.
(dam this guy is a pretty sad man)

Haha, I give you my traumatized boy Manny.

Name: Manny Drake
Age (17-19): 17

Personality: Manny is a friendly guy that gives off the vibe of being a quiet kid. Even if Manny is friendly, it feels like sometimes you don't know a thing about him, like why he seems to always be melancholy and why he seems like he is anxious, you wouldn't notice these things at first glance, but if you had known him long enough, you might notice such things peeking out from under his friendly quiet kid persona.
Manny wouldn't be described as competitive but more focused on hockey, acting like his future depends on it.

Appearance:
Body Type:
Manny is a tall skinny guy who stands at 5'11. Even with his slender-looking frame, he is surprisingly durable and can easily take a good tackle or ten. Manny uses his appearance to his advantage by slipping past other players and making people assume he will be easy to tackle. In reality, Manny will quickly slip past them or be the one to tackle them and get by quickly with the puck. He has a long scar on his arm that is usually covered by a jacket or something.
Facial features and hair: Manny has hazel eyes that lean more on the green side than brown and has dark circles under them, making him look tired. His very curly brown hair is a nice medium between dark and like that rests around neck lang. His hair has two bright green dyed highlights in the front. He has ear piercings that tend to have metal earrings in them.
Casual Clothing: Manny is mainly seen wearing a green jacket with lighter sleeves and a white shirt under that. He wears jeans with a black belt and green sneakers.
Manny.png

Biography (Add funny trauma, if you'd like): Up until the age of five, Manny was a happy child and had a happy family of just him, his mom, and his dad. Just your average happy family. But again, this was up until the age of five. Manny was sleeping in the back, as toddlers sometimes do when it's dark. That was until the car suddenly crashed into something. The car had crashed into multiple cars, and the car was basically destroyed, but somehow Manny survived. His parents weren't so lucky, though... The police were quickly called to the scene, and Manny was discovered and promptly sent to the hospital to have his wounds from the crash treated. And after that, Manny was sent to an orphanage and was multiple times put into foster care as a small child, but it seemed no one could actually seem to connect with him. Eventually, he just got stuck at the orphanage. He wasn't doing any better in school. Yes, he was getting good grades, but he was lacking in the friend department. Sure, he had met a couple of students he got along with, but none he actually was willing to become friends with. I mean, what if they also died or worse... What if they abandoned him? Found him too hard to be friends with? But still, it hurt to be lonely, so he had to stick to this thin line of one-sided friendships.

Manny became a hockey fan as the years went by and eventually learned to ice skate. And being fairly good at it, he eventually decided to finally join the school hockey team. It was fun, and he found the team members fairly easy to get along with. Of course, some weren't that easy to get along with that actually might have scared Manny a bit (yes, I'm talking about you, Cheri!) But other than that, he enjoyed it. Of course, he always kept his distance from them as usual.

As of late, Manny has been getting anxious about his future and has been focusing on the hockey team, hoping he could get into it professionally so he could have a job he would enjoy. Seeing the other kids that had not been adopted and how they turned out, he is scared of what the future holds and what could happen to him.

Fears: Abandonment, loneliness, connection, the future.

Other: Manny doesn't know how to drive a dam car.

Last edited:

| Korutesu |

Oh yeah, i totally forgot to mention, is that sometimes i'll give two (or three) choices for the whole group to make, and these decisions are normally story changing, and can determine the life of different characters. Also, @JoyPaws you forgot the password, so not accepted yet. Just add it and you'll be good to go.

Name: Anthony 'Andy' Gavenda
Position (thought I'd add this for some clarity): Left Defense
Personality: Often speaking in a very condescending and annoyed way, Andy has a very cynical and sarcastic sense of humor that he doesn't care to hide. His egotistic and arrogant personality is reinforced by his tendency to not display his affection for others on his team, even if they celebrate or rejoice together. His facial expressions typically only wander between stoic and irritated, but he still prefers to be front and center in the action. Andy's true skill and hockey prowess can be initiated by a dire situation or someone else's failure in leadership. He sometimes searches for praise from the older members of the team, hoping to be on their good side. Andy has an everlasting love for a variety of niche things, especially hockey, which is the main reason he joined the team. He's... a bit of a try-hard.
Appearance: He stands at an average 5ft 8in, with a short messy shag (according to the hit website menshairstylestoday.com, that is a real haircut and yes I have no idea how to style my own hair, so why should I style a fictional character's hair? I'm just going to go to a quick search result to look through what I need, not actually put effort into something as trivial as his hair style. ok i'll shut up now) of blond hair and aloof blue eyes. He's more athletic and well-built than the average Joe, but that's to be expected given his rigorous training. He has a Swiss army knife on hand pretty much all the time, claiming that one day it will be useful. Andy doesn't put that much effort into what he wears, but at least his clothes' colors match.
Biography: Andy has a bit of a secret, although it's a pointless one to keep. You see... Andy has two fraternal triplets, Lukas and Emily. He's very insecure about this topic for some reason, although it's probably due to them doing better both academically and athletically than him at any chance they can get. It's a cruel world, I guess. Anyways, the far more important thing about Andy is how his parents moved around a lot when they were children. It led the three triplets to rely on each other instead of having friends, as every time they would stay around long enough to have social attachment towards kids their age, their parents would have to move to another state. Another odd thing about his parents is how they have way more money than they should. Andy's dad has only ever had jobs relating to sales, while his mother only has ever had jobs relating to accounting. Still, they could afford a lavish house every time they moved and they showered their triplets with whatever they wanted. But ever since they turned 15 and moved to the main setting town in another lavish house, they've been rather frugal with their money, sometimes even acting like they don't have it, even when Andy can see right through them. He came to the conclusion that the cash must be illegally sourced from some sort of tax evasion loophole operation in the Cayman Islands for their international mafia, but he has had no conclusive leads.
Fears: Heights, the dark, the Beyer-Ljungstrom locomotive, cryptids, being alone, and ghosts
Other: Dam, while trying to find an acronym for 'dam', I fell down a rabbit hole of Doppelganger ghosts and now I'm scared for no reason!

I'd like to think of myself as more of a writer, but I'm still learning the ropes of everything. The first thing I create is the personality, just because it's my favorite thing to write. After that usually comes the juicy character lore. I didn't want everyone on the team to have severe emotional baggage, so I just gave him two conniving triplets and emotional attached, but shady parents, what could go wrong...