• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Competitive battling team help...

As the title implies, I need some serious help with my competitive battling team 'cause every time I battle my friends over wi-fi I get pwnz0r'ed... Please suggest movesets, items, and possible replacement Pokemon. Thanks!

Here's my current battling team:

Lapras @ Lum Berry (lvl. 69)
Gentle Nature (female)
Hydro Pump
Surf
Psychic
Avalanche

Blaziken @ None (lvl. 65)
Careful Nature (female)
Slash
Blaze Kick
Rock Slide
Sky Uppercut

Milotic @ None (lvl. 59)
Hardy Nature (female)
Natrual Gift
Aqua Ring
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump

Gardevoir @ Wide Lens (lvl. 76)
Serious Nature (female)
Magical Leaf
Psychic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

Latias @ Leftovers (lvl. 67)
Serious Nature (female)
Psychic
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse
Earthquake

Metagross @ None (lvl. 100)
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Return

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
First of all, all of your Natures bar that of Metagross are no good. Secondly, having Pokemon with no hold item is even worse. Finally, your movesets, although not terrible, are flawed in places.

Gardevoir @ Salac Berry
Modest/Timid
Trace

- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Hypnosis
- Calm Mind

Calm Mind Gardevoir has stats all in the right places to support this set. A simple "Calm Mind up and sweep" set basically, with either three attacks for extra coverage or two attacks with Hypnosis in the third slot to give you more time to Calm Mind your stats up. Dream Eater is best avoided since a lot of people play with Sleep Clause, which effectively makes Dream Eater almost completely useless.

Metagross @ Liechi Berry/Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Adamant
Clear Body

- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- ThunderPunch
- Agility/Bullet Punch/Zen Headbutt

Although you can run Psychic on Metagross if Weezing bothers you, it isn't of any real use otherwise since a lot of the most common physical walls are Steel-type, who would resist Psychic anyway. Meteor Mash is your best STAB attack here, Earthquake deals with any Steel or Electric-types that resist Meteor Mash, and ThunderPunch takes care of Skarmory and any Water-types. The fourth move depends on your item - Agility pairs off well with Liechi Berry to boost both your Attack and Speed, Choice Band pairs well with Bullet Punch here - although you end up running two Steel-type moves, the Band restricts you to one move anyway, and STAB'ed Choice Banded Bullet Punches are nothing to laugh at coming from this thing, especially since it will always hit first. Finally, Choice Scarf + Zen Headbutt gives you double STAB and a shot of flinch-hax as well.