• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Core of the Dragon Academy (A Superpower RP)

jade421

Previously Sarah316
The way I look at it, she has the ability to create a mine-field, but can't choose the location of the bombs.

While you've got a power to protect you from said bombs, she's the equivalent of a normal human as the minefield is her power.

Terrain changing in this manner is most dangerous to the user since she can't control the terrain and doesn't appear immune to her own power; she's actually in the most danger. It's a double-edged sword type ability.

Man, you make everything so clear and concise. I am impressed.

Still, if I had Andrew react to how this power was supposed to work, it would have caused his power to trigger and literally murder Lily and Suzy. It's more than just changing the field so to speak, depending on the fear in question.

Still thanks for this explanation :)

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Still, if I had Andrew react to how this power was supposed to work, it would have caused his power to trigger and literally murder Lily and Suzy. It's more than just changing the field so to speak, depending on the fear in question.

I think when it has to do with Andrew's fears, the way you dealt with it was perfect.

Thanks, xD I try.

Nukas is right, it's a very specific ability, and it actually gives her opponent a lot of flexibility.

You'll need to remember first and foremost, that she's actually turning your Nightmares/Dreams into reality, so the person deciding how much power she can wield is actually you.

She can't, for example, summon a Black Hole if your Nightmare/Dream isn't about a Black Hole.

Hmmm, I think by year 3 or 4, I'll have Melusine unlock all the abilities currently listed on her bios... they'd be so useful right now ~w~

So parallel thought and her 8 water clones.

I'll probably also do some training for her to increase the toxicity of her bodily fluids.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Sankyuu~

So from here on out we're gonna be kinda winging it. I'll leave direct confrontation with Sky to you, and Melusine is going to be wreaking havoc from outside the air bubble.
Liam: w-wait, you want the k-kid who hasn't f-fought anyone before t-today to attack had on. I'll try, b-but I'm only doing this b-because Melusine was kind t-to me.

That's actually a pretty solid plan, I think it will work out well. I knew I chose my mentor well.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Hmmm, I think by year 3 or 4, I'll have Melusine unlock all the abilities currently listed on her bios... they'd be so useful right now ~w~

So parallel thought and her 8 water clones.

I'll probably also do some training for her to increase the toxicity of her bodily fluids.
I think I'll probably just update Liam's bio as he progresses, I kind of just put his base abilities in his bio to start anyway so I think it will work out that way.

Liam: w-wait, you want the k-kid who hasn't f-fought anyone before t-today to attack had on. I'll try, b-but I'm only doing this b-because Melusine was kind t-to me.

That's actually a pretty solid plan, I think it will work out well. I knew I chose my mentor well.
It's pretty brazen to be plotting out strategy in the discussion page but I mean meh.

I'm gonna start having Melusine toss some boulders into the air bubble, so we'll need to see if we can set up a decent terrain that's to our advantage. With Liam's power, he'd be able to slip around the boulders without issue. They'll also double as restrictions on the air-flow and shelters for cover, so that'll give us an edge as long as Sky's still going easy on us.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
It's pretty brazen to be plotting out strategy in the discussion page but I mean meh.

I'm gonna start having Melusine toss some boulders into the air bubble, so we'll need to see if we can set up a decent terrain that's to our advantage. With Liam's power, he'd be able to slip around the boulders without issue. They'll also double as restrictions on the air-flow and shelters for cover, so that'll give us an edge as long as Sky's still going easy on us.
You know we could delete all these posts and just talk about it in a pm

You know we could delete all these posts and just talk about it in a pm
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, where's the fun in that? It'd be pointless anyway. The scaling for the RP is set so that if any of the teachers were actually serious even several students together would hardly be a match for them. With regards to Rio and Sky, even several teachers aren't their match.

There really isn't much point to secrecy because no amount of planning can overcome an absolute disparity in power -like for example- there is no strategy that saves us from Sky decided to collapse our lungs via manipulation of air pressure.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, where's the fun in that? It'd be pointless anyway. The scaling for the RP is set so that if any of the teachers were actually serious even several students together would hardly be a match for them. With regards to Rio and Sky, even several teachers aren't their match.

There really isn't much point to secrecy because no amount of planning can overcome an absolute disparity in power -like for example- there is no strategy that saves us from Sky decided to collapse our lungs via manipulation of air pressure.
*Mentally crying because he didn't realize just how strong Sky was. Then start externally crying* Welp guess I'll die

In all seriousness though since there is basically no way to legitimately get the bell, is there like a set thing where Sky like tones down his power or if we impress him he'll just give us his bell or what. Or if we can grab the bell do we automatically get to keep it or...

*Mentally crying because he didn't realize just how strong Sky was. Then start externally crying* Welp guess I'll die

In all seriousness though since there is basically no way to legitimately get the bell, is there like a set thing where Sky like tones down his power or if we impress him he'll just give us his bell or what. Or if we can grab the bell do we automatically get to keep it or...
Yea he's set to not be at full power. All the teachers are. I'm not sure how the rest of teachers are working it. But for Wystria, once she thinks you've proved yourself combat capable by impressing her to a certain degree, she'll straight up hand you a bell.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Yea he's set to not be at full power. All the teachers are. I'm not sure how the rest of teachers are working it. But for Wystria, once she thinks you've proved yourself combat capable by impressing her to a certain degree, she'll straight up hand you a bell.
That's definitely reassuring, although I feel like Sky's is set to be like 20 times harder than that

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
How fast and how deep would y'all say the river is. I'm imagining it's pretty deep in order to be able to fit the air bubble, but I was also wondering if it would be slow enough to swim in or is the current too strong and fast. I feel like Melusine wouldn't be affected either way, but Liam definitely would, and I don't think any post prior gave away such knowledge.

Name: Oliver (Ollie)
Year/Grade: 6
Appearance: Oliver is 3'00, pretty short for his age. He is a human with messing brown hair, one dark brown eyes and one dark blue eye. He often wears a light-blue shirt with a yellow star on the front, if he isnt, he wears a red hoodie with the hood up, but this is only if he's in a bad mood.
Personality: Oliver is really shy, and it doesn't take much to scare him. He normally will communicate through noises and actions, since he won't talk to anyone he doesn't trust. When he trusts someone, he will talk to them softly and stay near them, and will appear happy and energetic.
Powers: Aura Telekinesis. ( something me and my brother made up. ) Oliver was born from his Dad, who had Telekinesis, and his Mom, who could control Aura. It's like normal Telekinesis, but when he feels threatened, or any strong emotion, he gets surrounded by a blue aura. This aura boosts his power, although he can't control any of his power yet.
Bio: Oliver 's parents died when he was very young, and his brother Thomas decided to make it his responsibility to take care of his younger brother. Oliver can't control his powers, leading to everyday problems at home. His brother often teased or bullies him, sometimes even getting his friends to beat him. Oliver hides the fact his brother does thjs, all by keeping a smile on his face. He never feels safe at home, and often will run away for short periods of time.
Current Guardian: His older brother Thomas.

@Lillipup07 we're not currently at the school.

The mid-term practical exams are being held.

Your character needs to swim to the Island where the exam will be held. Once on the Island, they need to participate in a battle royale. Each student has a Tag worth one Point, you need to get at least 3 points total to pass.

Teachers have tags worth 5 points, and the headmaster has a tag worth 100 points.