• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Leaks Reveal New Pokémon, Diancie

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
This months edition of Japanese magazine, CoroCoro has begun to leak and this month the magazine has revealed a brand new Pokémon!
Diancie CoroCoro.jpg
Our new Pokémon is called Diancie in Japan and is a Rock and Fairy type. It's known as the Jewel Pokémon. Diancie will star in the 17th Pokémon movie alongside Xerneas, Yveltal and a collection of Mega Pokémon. To go alongside the reveal the movie has now had its title updated and will be going by the name Pokémon: Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie.

With the reveal of Diancie our total count of Pokémon is now brought up to an impressive 719.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Nice, this happened a bit sooner than I thought it would. Great to see they're starting to reveal the hidden Pokémon.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
^-^ This is great! Diancie is definitely my favorite of the Gen 6 event Pokémon! Can't wait for the event.

I am hoping rhis is a Carbing evolution, I mean they ar both fairy/rock, they are simmilar, they are both gems ( I think) so why not?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I am hoping rhis is a Carbing evolution, I mean they ar both fairy/rock, they are simmilar, they are both gems ( I think) so why not?
They're almost definitely not related, we'd know by now if they were. Besides, why make Carbink's evolution an event? It doesn't really make sense.

Well, with this reveal, I wonder when we are going to get information on this Pokemon as far as the video games are concerned. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later(although, I have no idea how long it generally takes for an event Pokemon to be distributed in relation to when it was officially revealed).

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Well, with this reveal, I wonder when we are going to get information on this Pokemon as far as the video games are concerned. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later(although, I have no idea how long it generally takes for an event Pokemon to be distributed in relation to when it was officially revealed).

It will probably be released alongside the movie so July in Japan. Now if they do a simultaneous worldwide release like the games or if it will be released whenever each region gets the movie is yet to be seen.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I HAVE been wondering which of these three derps would they shoehorn into the Xerneas/Yveltal movie. xD

Diancie reminds me quite a bit of a certain boss monster from Breath of Fire 2, except cutesified to the Nth Degree. Still, as far as event legends go it's not bad. I highly doubt there's any actual connection to Carbink (although Carbink's Japanese name, Melecie, and its typing do seem to suggest some kind of kinship) - but I do wonder if they have some kind of connection lore-wise. Guess we'll see.

I love Diancie's design, it's so overly cute I feel compelled to like it.

On the subject of Carbink, I think the two will be related somehow. Probably by some throw away lore in the pokedex, but there was also an in-game precedent that got me thinking. What if Carbink is like Phione?

What if, like Manaphy, Diancie is a breedable legendary that can only produce non-legendary pokemon (Carbink)? Since Carbink is available in game this would seem pointless at first, but perhaps Diancie will have a special move that can be given to Carbink only through breeding. That's my favorite theory anyway.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Gen. VII confirmed. They're really churning the new generations out quicker and quicker these days. O.o

But seriously, I like how they can release patches to introduce surprise Pokemon now. It keeps a nice level of surprise in the new games.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It will probably be released alongside the movie so July in Japan. Now if they do a simultaneous worldwide release like the games or if it will be released whenever each region gets the movie is yet to be seen.

I think the closest we'll get is what happened with the Genesect movie, having it air in October in the US/UK after its Summer release in Japan. Which, to be fair, is pretty perfect in my eyes.

Diancie will most definitely be released alongside the movie and I think CoroCoro did confirm that in some form but the translations were pretty rough. It'll likely only be given to people who go and see the movie rather than as a Wi-Fi event alike Victini originally, at least from what I can remember of that event.

As for the Pokémon in general, it looks like a wedding ring and it's a Jewel Pokémon. Definitely a haunted wedding ring right there and one Pokémon trainers need to be careful of :p (@Teapot 's fault for my line of thought here).

It'd be nice if it was related to Carbink, but I don't personally see it being any relation. We shall see ^^