• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a card, its probobly gonna fall under the "crap" catagory, but I Dont care

custom-card.png

custom-card2.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I made a card, its probobly gonna fall under the "crap" catagory, but I Dont care

custom-card.png

custom-card2.png

It's not bad, really. Though I don't think the colour choices are the best - it's a bit eye-searing, :p. Would probably be a bit better if the colour patches were a bit better defined too. But, like I said, it's not the worst ever made.

Hay Doctor Oak - in the world of piracy =D Pokemon Diamond finally works in emulators! So, I fired it up and as soon as I left my character's house, I checked the trainer card...

Oh my god, I made the card so ...

inaccurately ;___;

I am embarassed ;_;

Anyway, later tonight or maybe tomorrow even, I'll do a total rehaul of the card, right colors and everything. I'll even update the bottom so it fits in with the bottom half of the Trainer Card screen. :3

I'm so embarassed ;_;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Hay Doctor Oak - in the world of piracy =D Pokemon Diamond finally works in emulators! So, I fired it up and as soon as I left my character's house, I checked the trainer card...

Oh my god, I made the card so ...

inaccurately ;___;

I am embarassed ;_;

Anyway, later tonight or maybe tomorrow even, I'll do a total rehaul of the card, right colors and everything. I'll even update the bottom so it fits in with the bottom half of the Trainer Card screen. :3

I'm so embarassed ;_;

You got it working? It never ran at a decent speed for me, couldn't get past the title screen. Is there an update patch for No$GBA or something or do you just have a pwnsome compy? :p

Also, it's really not that much off. I could definitely tell what it was you were trying to show by it. I even checked on my copy of Pearl, lol.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Final Fantasy template is up and running on the TC Maker, and these are the finalised choices for this trainer update:

15.png
13.png
11.png
16.png
18.png
07.png
08.png

14.png
05.png
02.png
03.png
04.png
06.png
09.png

17.png
01.png
10.png

Depending on how many sprites are submitted between now and then, the next trainer update should be in about 2-3 weeks.

If your sprite hasn't been used, it doesn't necessarily mean it's crap (though the odds are against it), there are a few good ones that have been submitted that we've passed over this time but will eventually use.

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS IS PROBABLY A BIG NO-NO...But my Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories based trainer card....

khcomtc.png

not to be rude or anything but some of those sprites....c'mon.

I saw this place and couldn't resist making an account! :p

Here's one of my own custom sprites, based off ash

customtrainer1bd8.png

In case you don't know what the blue line is, it's a zipper. :o

Dude, Ultracow, that looks awesome.

Actually, yes, mine's pret-ty off. Not TOO MUCH off, but it's mainly the fact that the DP one doesn't have scanlines

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
not to be rude or anything but some of those sprites....c'mon.

If you're going to say something like that, at least say what's so wrong with them ;)

UC, your sprites are great - really - but that thick, black outline has to go. Anyway you could edit it out of them? If not, just try to avoid it in the future when you're spriting.

UC, your sprites are great - really - but that thick, black outline has to go. Anyway you could edit it out of them? If not, just try to avoid it in the future when you're spriting.

Okay. The black outline happened when the transparency was added. But I'll try and get it out as for the other sprites...some of them just look like the quality is bad and have unshaded regions.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What program do you use?

GIMP is free and, while not as great as Photoshop, can do transparency pretty well. It's worth looking into if the only thing you have handy is MSPaint.

To lenna_Girl: This isn't a topic to post the cards you made with the TC Maker. This is just to discuss trainer sprites and the like that you made yourself. If you want to post your cards, register for an account and post them in this topic.

I made a trainer card design, yay
spacecardtempletwithoutgw3.png

It's supposed to resemble space because in diamond and pearl I think Dialga was the ruler of space (?)
I'll make one for time next, if I can think of anything. Maybe some clocks or something..hmmm...

(Hope you guys like the card!)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
and my sprite isnt an internet site its an appleworks

People will help you when they have the chance. You don't need to keeping posting the same question everywhere and double posting. 3rd warning.

I think someone already explained to you that you need to upload your sprite off your PC to the internet, then post it from there. Try photobucket.com.

im not trying to get kicked off but its a sprite I created on appleworks and im confused and I did try put it on photobucket but It wont put it on it

I have a few I just made, but please excuse the white background. I can't get either of my other programs to save it with a transparent background. ^_^; I hope they work though.

pichugirl.png
pluslegirl.png
minumgirl.png

hat-lessgirl.png

yay for windows ^_^
2.png

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/mdrntrct/2.png --- Removed from my photo buket so the link is broken.
anotherpkmnbg.png

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Just FYI, guys, if you're making Trainer Card templates, they don't have to be 245x171. It helps when they are, as I have to change less for each template, but if you need more height or width, then work away.

That Microsoft one genuinely made me lol, I'd love to see it on the system.

lol, I updated Brendan into D/P size-ishness. I tried hard to keep his original pose, and I still feel kinda bad because his base is still rather obvious.

I

Ikaru_Kakou

sprite.png

I call it the fire master. I woulda used an Arcanine, but it was too big. Plus, it's easier to mess with Growlithe bases. I hope it works with the rules. It filled the 80x80 pixel or whatever box I made for it.

M

Metagross

I love these trainer cards. I have no spriting talent so I am not even going to try, but I wanted to say something else. Instead of badges, would it be possible to make ribbons to put there for contests?

S

Sapphire Rein

[size=8pt]I love making trainer sprites and I have two of my own I had made a while back that I'll post later on maybe. However, I can't make them transparent as I don't know how so will that be a problem? I know the rule in the first post says they must be transparent images but I see others here that aren't. x.x[/size]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
2-1.png

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t211/mdrntrct/2-1.png
here is the new template for the microsoft 1.

XD

I really love this one, and I'd totally use it if it were added to the system ^^

Remember as Oak said before, though, you don't need to have the Pokemon boxes on the card. You could probably take out the white lines where your badges are placed, too. Otherwise, as long as the 80x80 trainers fit properly, I think it looks great.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I love these trainer cards. I have no spriting talent so I am not even going to try, but I wanted to say something else. Instead of badges, would it be possible to make ribbons to put there for contests?

I might do a contest specific card some time down the line - but not right now.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
XD

I really love this one, and I'd totally use it if it were added to the system ^^

Remember as Oak said before, though, you don't need to have the Pokemon boxes on the card. You could probably take out the white lines where your badges are placed, too. Otherwise, as long as the 80x80 trainers fit properly, I think it looks great.

The main bit still needs to be a bit bigger, try making up a white 80x80 box and pasting it onto the card to make sure that the trainers will fit properly. And yeah, drop the boxes. I don't think Katie realises that the white lines on the badges are meant to be minimise buttons though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.