• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Create Your Own Trainer Card.... Trainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now I've made a cosplayer of my favorite Pokemon, Salamence:
salamencecosplayeryz6.png

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I wonder where Shiny Eevee has been...I was hoping she of all people would see my cosplays...
UmbreonTrainer.png
EspeonTrainer.png
NightlightCouple.png
Heh, long time no see! Shiny Eevee here! Heh heh... I need to get caught up on the news... Nice Espeon and the Umbreon-espeon couple thing, Daytime Umbreon! Yep, been a while... I'm going to make more sprite, but my sprites always look dumb. Oh well, It's fun to make sprites! Thanks for mentioning(sp?) me!

D

Daytime Umbreon

Heh, long time no see! Shiny Eevee here! Heh heh... I need to get caught up on the news... Nice Espeon and the Umbreon-espeon couple thing, Daytime Umbreon! Yep, been a while... I'm going to make more sprite, but my sprites always look dumb. Oh well, It's fun to make sprites! Thanks for mentioning(sp?) me!
Yay! You're on!
You don't think my couple was creapy? Someone else thought so, but I just thought it was silly because i had the Espeon girl's tail look like it was trying to go behind the Umbreon guy, like she's controling it. Your sprites aren't dumb looking, you just need to work at it, or try a different idea.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Yay! You're on!
You don't think my couple was creapy? Someone else thought so, but I just thought it was silly because i had the Espeon girl's tail look like it was trying to go behind the Umbreon guy, like she's controling it. Your sprites aren't dumb looking, you just need to work at it, or try a different idea.
Thanks for the advice. I'm working on a Pichu one, but it looks rather creepy... And no, the couple wasn't "creapy". It was nice. I have to go do some summer Hhomework now. Bye!

D

Daytime Umbreon

Thanks for the advice. I'm working on a Pichu one, but it looks rather creepy... And no, the couple wasn't "creapy". It was nice. I have to go do some summer Hhomework now. Bye!
Try not messing with the face, that is where the biggest mistakes are.
Sorry, I forgot to spell check.
kk, don't take too long.

D

diamond_playah__

OK I have 4 sorry if the backgrounds aren't transparent I tried using the program I have

4.png

Mini Bomberman! LOL!

1.png

I kinda tried to sprite myself, but it ended up as a flipping she-devil!

2.png

This one was a trick to make, considering the wings are from scratch.

3.png

I have NO FLIPPING CLUE what compelled me to do this one. Probably my obsession with chat boards, IM's and all that stuff.

D

Daytime Umbreon

OK I have 4 sorry if the backgrounds aren't transparent I tried using the program I have

4.png

Mini Bomberman! LOL!

1.png

I kinda tried to sprite myself, but it ended up as a flipping she-devil!

2.png

This one was a trick to make, considering the wings are from scratch.

3.png

I have NO FLIPPING CLUE what compelled me to do this one. Probably my obsession with chat boards, IM's and all that stuff.
I can make them Transparent for you. I just learned how!

Pokefreak! You need your little girl transparent too?

How do you make stuff trans. on GIMP?

You use the magic wand select to only get the background of the sprite(make sure it's set to add to selection and antialiasing is unchecked, most sprites don't have antialiasing), then go to edit and clear(on my program, it doesn't always work for some reason, it works some times, and fails to work some times, but my program is so lousy that it fails to make the bg transparent most of the time, xP)

D

Daytime Umbreon

You use the magic wand select to only get the background of the sprite(make sure it's set to add to selection and antialiasing is unchecked, most sprites don't have antialiasing), then go to edit and clear(on my program, it doesn't always work for some reason, it works some times, and fails to work some times, but my program is so lousy that it fails to make the bg transparent most of the time, xP)
I found a better way, and a way to make them even better.
1. Open your image in the gimp.
2. Right click the image and go to LAYERS then ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. You won't notice anything happening, but don't be concerned. It basically adds a transparent layer at the bottom of your image so when we erase the colors.....it's shows the transparent layer. Which of course would show whatever was under it on the screen.
3. Right click on the image again and go to SELECT and then down to BY COLOR. A window that is all black opens up. Don't change any of the settings....just use the defaults for now.
4. Now click on the color in the image you want to be transparent. These colors will now show up outlined.
5. Right click on the image again and go to EDIT and then down to CLEAR. This should now erase the outlined color you just picked from the image and the "transparent gimp checkerbox" should show through. This is the Gimps way of showing you that section is now transparent.
6. Right click on the image and choose SAVE AS and make sure to save as a GIF file if you want the transparency to work on the web.
After that, to avoid the black background, I paste it onto PowerPoint, then save the pasted picture. I did all that for Pokefreak's thing up there, and look how it turned out.

Holy SHIT those are cool, but the Pokesprites take away from it. It'll be too hard to see. I'd suggest taking the in-battle sprites out and putting an overworld sprite or a Mystery Dungeon sprite in the corner, myself.

D

Daytime Umbreon

Holy SHIT those are cool, but the Pokesprites take away from it. It'll be too hard to see. I'd suggest taking the in-battle sprites out and putting an overworld sprite or a Mystery Dungeon sprite in the corner, myself.
That is a good idea...but maybe the icons instead of the MD sprites. You know what I mean by icons, right? Those things that are small and for the Pokemon list on your menu.

F

FeatheredFox

Soory I havn't been on for a while but this is my NEW creation!

An actor:
Act.png

It looks like me on opening night! ^^

CArtiste.png

My rendition of Artiste's character by request; once again, leave its non-transparency be. Dr.Oak can do that for me. I really don't like the whole re-posted of apparently 'transparent' sprites.

So just leave it be, thankies!​

YIPPEE!! I'm still euphoric about it! Thanks so much, Spriteon! Now, it's gunna get accepted, cause you made it awesome! I STINK at shading... It reeks when I try to shade. Believe me, Not pretty.

S'not pretty good, Shiny_Eevee. 'TIS AWESOME!!! Hehe. Cause Spriteon made it. Of course, I'm biased, 'cause Matt is MY RP character. And it's SO COOL!!
Sorry for the dorky MAR reference.

O

Oddbrother

*rendition of Artiste's character by request*

Too cool!

[quote author=Orangen link=topic=1379.msg25394#msg25394 date=1182823889]*a set of themed card templates*[/quote]

I like the cards, I think they should be a little opaque so that the trainer, pokémon and badge info would be readable if used.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Oddbrother

Pretty nice, Fox. Is that a blue aura coming from her hand and the poké ball? Is she a psychic?

I grew bored. So I browsed the internet and found Dawn in a cheerleader uniform. So I made a sprite of her. Two versions, actually.

dawncheerleaderkg8.png
dawncheerleaderwpompomspn9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fox

Meesh. You were right, Ozzybeans. However instead of using the MD sprites I used the Trozei sprites because they're smaller and fit nicely in the corners. Here are the new cards:

GoldCardTemplate2.png
SilverCardTemplate2.png
CrystalCardTemplate2.png

Plus using the Trozei sprite left me do cool things like remake the RSE cards I posted a few pages ago:

RubyCardTemplate2.png
SapphireCardTemplate2.png
EmeraldCardTemplate2.png

*ponders doing RBY themed cards*
I like the cards. I'm not too sure about me and the sprite buisiness though ^^;;;;

G

GreenRampage

TrainerCard-1.jpg

^ I made a trainer card. Orangen I hope it is ok, but I used your base for this card but I changed it a lot...

Orangen, my man! Those Trainer Cards are bitchin'! Congrats! I think the Lugia card needs some changing in colors, for contrast against the Trozei sprite, but they're pretty damn cool!

^_^

Orangen, my man! Those Trainer Cards are bitchin'! Congrats! I think the Lugia card needs some changing in colors, for contrast against the Trozei sprite, but they're pretty damn cool!

^_^

^_^; Why thank you. I see what you mean about the Lugia card but I like the colors like that... I was thinking about having it gray and whit instead of gray and blue, but the blue looks better.

*sigh* well, i think that's all of them.... so, any requests for cosplayers?

oh I have a idea what about raikou no one really thinks about him but I think he is the best out of all the led. dogs plus it took me so.. long just to find him in gold. ;D oh and you don't post your trainer cards here you MAKE trainers then post them here ok kchipp?

G

Grim_Angel_DarthMalice

This is the sprite I use in pokemon roleplays, I'd love for it to be hosted

54dpfkh.png

It's a homemade sprite for a high ranking team rocket character I made

D

Daytime Umbreon

here you go ^^
6fgo6rk.png
(the regular tongue kinda irked me, so i just made one from scratch, you like?)

raikou, huh? i think someone did that one already in another post (i think the art submitter forums, i forget who)
but ok, i can take a crack at it ^^

Looks like you're having fun now that you can trans. stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.