• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Cyber bullying and how to deal with it

So I've been thinking so many peaple are judged and hated on the Internet for seemingly no reason I want to know all of your guys (and gals) thoughts on it and how you deal with flame,hate,sexism ect.

Yeah that is true but sometimes they hit you right where it hurts like when people call me "gay" for liking my little pony the worst part is my freind is homosexual so I take offense when Peaple use "gay" as an insult

The almighty block button, long may it reign.

I also have a firefox addon that disables comment sections by default. Better to just... not read youtube comments, for instance. Or the comments on yahoo news posts.

Yeah that is true but sometimes they hit you right where it hurts like when people call me "gay" for liking my little pony the worst part is my freind is homosexual so I take offense when Peaple use "gay" as an insult

Pick your battles. If you're still in grade school you might not be able to escape this kind of chucklehead, so let 'em bleat, and try to find cool people to hang out with who are fun and treat you and others with kindness.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I think it's pretty effective to have a strong support group, be it friends or family who'll be there to support you and remind you how awesome you are. The report and block buttons (and any similar buttons that might exist on every website, like blacklist or something) are definitely your friend, though some people find a way around this by making multiple accounts.

For me, I personally tend to just laugh at whatever insults are thrown my way, though usually inwardly so that I'm not feeding the bullies with more fuel to use against me. People who bully you in any way are usually weak people themselves who're trying to make themselves feel better and they have absolutely no worth on this earth until they learn from their mistakes, so just keep reminding yourself that you're better than them~

(Of course, most of my advice is usually overly-optimistic, but this is what worked for me and it may or may not work for you.)