• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Danganronpa: Cold Steel (Discussion)

How should the daytime/nighttime system be edited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, makes sense.
Sorry, more questions 'cause I'm a sucker for detail.
1. Are there clocks in each room? Are we currently on 'Real Time', i.e. what time is it in RP?
2. When we are in Real Time, since we all seem to average about 1-2 posts per day, is each day a new day and that our characters made it successfully to bed without breaking curfew?
3. Do the doors have any standard form of locks on them? namely the private quarters, but it's also be nice to know if we can lock pursuers out should one enter any other rooms
4. Where is the luggage I assume everyone brought with them? waiting in our designated rooms?
5. Any tech dampening I should know about? I assume GPS locations are blocked, but is there basic internet of any kind?
It's perfectly fine, anyone is free to ask (almost) anything about the setting.
  1. There are clocks—the small screens located within every room normally display the time in digital format (bar for the main screen/elevator door screen, which displays the roster at all times). Seeing as exploration has begun, we are on normal time (unless you folks would like normal time to begin tomorrow at 10:00PM). As such, it is currently 18:50 within the roleplay.
  2. Yes, although technically no set curfew exists (certain rooms are simply closed off, students are still free to wander the halls of their own discretion). Any posts made at night will be done via PM.
  3. Doors do not have locks unless specified. Yes, the dorms have locks, as do the bathrooms within the dorms.
  4. Yes, although any weapon aside from a hidden knife (or Ralph's bow and arrow) has been confiscated, as is any sort of technology that a student didn't have directly on their person.
  5. GPS is indeed blocked, as are the means of connecting to the internet.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I’ve been really busy
Please do expect me to roleplay on weekends and Friday only

However, when there’s a trial and investigation going on, I’ll try my best to be on during that duration

EDIT: And can someone catch me up on what i missed so I can get posting

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Well, currently we're all in the common room of the map and are beginning to split off to explore.

Ralphie is currently trying to gain allies like Ryu while Percy went to explore the library. Honaka and Hoshi are heading to the dining area for something to eat. Paeon needs to head to the clinic and is trying to find someone to go with him, which is currently going to be Joesph since he's the only one not ignoring him. I don't know where Parker is going, Jason is hanging around the common area with Ophelia and I don't know about Arata.

All that's left is Nathan and Jane.

Alright, so the way the posts fell makes it fairly impractical to end the day at this current moment, seeing as no one technically knows where the dorms even are, so real time will officially begin tomorrow at 10:00PM EST (unless you guys feel as if this is a good stopping point, in which case I'll edit the nighttime announcement onto my latest post).

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Seriously i leave and JANES GROUP HELLA PROGRESSED UGH

Ok seriously tho, Shen, since your OC is the leader of the triad, if anything, like if i’m gonna for a while and y’all need Jane to do something, just godmod her in the desired situation lol

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Seriously i leave and JANES GROUP HELLA PROGRESSED UGH

Ok seriously tho, Shen, since your OC is the leader of the triad, if anything, like if i’m gonna for a while and y’all need Jane to do something, just godmod her in the desired situation lol

Well okay if you insist lol. But since your here, you can go ahead and move Jane

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
My god... I’m writing on my IPad right now because my laptop is f*cking up hard.

So tomorrow, I’m focusing on getting it fixed.

...Or today, since it’s technically the new day.

Judging by the other rooms, I assumed the kitchen storage room was well stocked for the sake of moving next couple the posts along quickly.

Hope to get at least two more in before the 'day' is through; one prepping/cooking and the other serving (whether anyone chooses to eat her proffered food or not, well that's up to them).

EDIT: Oh, translation time again.
uccidere o essere uccisi = kill or be killed​
Italian /=/ English​

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, I've hardly been online all day.
Needless to say, I myself missed the deadline for the announcement, so if everyone would like to finish up and have their characters eat first that's perfectly fine (I'll post the nighttime announcement at around 1:00AM EST in that case and post the morning announcement normally at 7:00AM EST).

Again, apologies for that. Daytime and nighttime should be on a normal schedule from the morning announcement onwards.

Because clearly not everyone will be able to get their post in, there is a bit of a time skip; it operates under Kitsune's assumption that everyone was able to take any food as offered if they so wished and had the time to head back to their dorms. For time's sake, I've described everything in the dorms (although certain things will be specific to your character, such as personal belongings. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me).

I will edit the morning announcement onto my post when the time so comes. Until then, please refrain from posting for the rest of the night.

oh god
sorry sksksksks
i totally didn’t get a notification for that as i was writing! im sorry!
if you want me to delete it i totally can- i didn’t realize ;w;

Alright, apparently a couple more people posted, and that's fine, I guess. Paeon's kind of causes continuity issues though, as it doesn't adhere to the implied time skip mentioned in my earlier post (unless he just… stared at his food for a while until the announcement sounded and then left, haha).
Other than that, everything's good, no one delete anything. I'd prefer that you guys try not to write any more posts after the nighttime announcements, but it's understandable if you didn't get the alert. Don't worry about it, I mean, I was several hours late on the announcement already and this is the first instance of using standard time, so everything's chill.

Anyway, the morning announcement is up. Make sure every future post takes place within this new span of time as opposed to responding to events from yesterday (bar for any nighttime happenings, or simply mentioning events in passing).

New question (yay!)

Is there any punishment if they don't get out of bed or leave their room?

Strategically it would make sense to stay in their securable petsonal areas as much as possible (minus food trips) but this would make for a pretty boring RP.

Is there any punishment if they don't get out of bed or leave their room?

Strategically it would make sense to stay in their securable petsonal areas as much as possible (minus food trips) but this would make for a pretty boring RP.
As of now, there isn't. However, one will likely be implemented if that happens and people just start staying in their rooms and not doing much else.

Yeah, if this wasn't randomized, I'm pretty sure Hoshi would be the first victim. She doesn't even have the presence of mind this morning to feel fear lol.

Alright, the nighttime announcement is up (and it's on time today, finally).

Seeing as not much actually got done today, I'd like to note that pretty much anything can be done, regardless of the time of day. If you'd like to skip out on describing your character getting out of bed and instead just jump to the fact that he/she is going to poke around the rec room, that's fine. If the system is too shaky, I can do away with it, but I'd rather there be some sort of time system.
Who’s to say it’s randomized? People can plan murder with the host after all ;)

Also a bit early to go to sleep right after waking up isn’t it?
Yeah, I realised that. Like I said in this post, the time system is a bit… interesting seeing as it runs on real time wherein roleplay posts take a while to write. I can delete tonight's announcement if you guys decide you need more time and instead post it at 10:00PM tomorrow.

As for random murders, yes, they are randomised, although if anyone has a better idea they're free to PM me about it. On a side note, the murder and victim have been rolled up for this chapter, but neither have been contacted (nor has the first motive been presented). So don't get too comfortable, folks, things are about to get interesting.

Seeing as not much actually got done today, I'd like to note that pretty much anything can be done, regardless of the time of day. If you'd like to skip out on describing your character getting out of bed and instead just jump to the fact that he/she is going to poke around the rec room, that's fine. If the system is too shaky, I can do away with it, but I'd rather there be some sort of time system.
I’d rather you do away with it. Because Ralph has a three man group, and awaiting responses from within the group within one day can almost be impossible sometimes.

As for random murders, yes, they are randomised, although if anyone has a better idea they're free to PM me about it. On a side note, the murder and victim have been rolled up for this chapter, but neither have been contacted (nor has the first motive been presented). So don't get too comfortable, folks, things are about to get interesting.
What...so they are random? I thought people could choose and target who they murder? Isn’t that the name of the game?

I’d rather you do away with it. Because Ralph has a three man group, and awaiting responses from within the group within one day can almost be impossible sometimes.
I feel as if there has to be some sort of daytime progression system, however, as not everything would be happening within one very long day (unless it's just… go to sleep whenever you want or something. I can see that opening up more opportunity for interesting scenarios).
What...so they are random? I thought people could choose and target who they murder? Isn’t that the name of the game?
  • Both the victim and culprit are determined using a random number generator, unless a player specifically asks for their character to be killed off due to OOC responsibilities or lack of interest in the roleplay.
  • Both the victim and culprit will be contacted seperately after the roll and will talk with me to determine how the murder was carried out and what evidence was left behind.
Yes. Although, as mentioned in the rules, a voluntary basis does take priority over anything the random generator spits out.

The random generator is in place because of the fact that, quite honestly, it would take a while to wait for someone to say "Hey I want my character to commit homicide and here's how I want to do it" (which isn't good for solid progression) and it makes sure that no one is truly safe (otherwise, as Kitsune mentioned earlier, everyone could just hunker down in their rooms and not do anything). Plus, it keeps people on their toes. The point of this roleplay is that anyone can be a murderer, victim, witness, or innocent given the right circumstances, and thus characters must be played as if they could die/murder/have to partake in mystery solving at any time.

I feel as if there has to be some sort of daytime progression system, however, as not everything would be happening within one very long day (unless it's just… go to sleep whenever you want or something. I can see that opening up more opportunity for interesting scenarios).

Yes. Although, as mentioned in the rules, a voluntary basis does take priority over anything the random generator spits out.

The random generator is in place because of the fact that, quite honestly, it would take a while to wait for someone to say "Hey I want my character to commit homicide and here's how I want to do it" (which isn't good for solid progression) and it makes sure that no one is truly safe (otherwise, as Kitsune mentioned earlier, everyone could just hunker down in their rooms and not do anything). Plus, it keeps people on their toes. The point of this roleplay is that anyone can be a murderer, victim, witness, or innocent given the right circumstances, and thus characters must be played as if they could die/murder/have to partake in mystery solving at any time.

Hm...makes sense as far as the randomization goes, however I do hope that targeting does take priority. Also, one last question. Will we get a motive soon?

Yeah, I realised that. Like I said in this post, the time system is a bit… interesting seeing as it runs on real time wherein roleplay posts take a while to write. I can delete tonight's announcement if you guys decide you need more time and instead post it at 10:00PM tomorrow.

I'll admit the time constraints are extremely limiting. Only reason I was able to post so much today was because I had the day off (and was looking for any excuse not to do chores). One my work days, I'll be lucky to get one. :/ But at the same time I do see the benefit of time system in regards to murders/investigations... Maybe double the time? 2 real days equals one in RP? ...best compromise I can think of.

I do love the unpredictability of randomizing, but it would interesting to make suggestions (privately of course). If the murder is unique, has unique appeal and both parties agree to the results (death), a planned alternative could work. That being said, I don't think another person's character should be killed without their approval unless it is a result of the randomizer. Otherwise you could just target characters/roleplayers based off biased instead of for the story.

That being said, I don't think another person's character should be killed without their approval unless it is a result of the randomizer. Otherwise you could just target characters/roleplayers based off biased instead of for the story.
I believe I said something like this earlier on the thread. In joining this roleplay, you acknowledge that your character can and may die at any point, but the randomiser is in place because I don't want any murderers to choose their victim based on OOC vendetta. Hence: murderers can choose a method of murder and volunteer with such, victims can choose that they wish for their character to die, but a victim cannot choose a specific murderer nor can a murderer choose a specific victim (unless both parties had agreed on such beforehand). I'm not budging on this system in particular—if I were to wait for a murderer to PM me this roleplay would take far too long and have far too much down time in between.
Hm...makes sense as far as the randomization goes, however I do hope that targeting does take priority. Also, one last question. Will we get a motive soon?
The motive will drop some time tomorrow or early on Tuesday, yes.

As for the time system, I guess it can be dropped. However, keep in mind that this gets rid of any concept of daytime/nighttime and the entire system of nighttime roleplay being kept secretive from the actual thread. I'll take a vote:
  1. The daytime and nighttime system is completely foregone. All rooms are open at all hours of the day and the time in the roleplay no longer has any connection to real time (instead being discussed on the discussion thread as to approximately what time it is). This gets rid of the nighttime movement system, but keeps all hours open for posting.
  2. Daytime and nighttime is kept intact, but daytime is lengthened to 7:00AM EST to 10:00PM EST the next day (nighttime stays the same). This keeps the nighttime movement system intact, but forces posts to take place at a certain time if they wish to occur at a certain time in the roleplay (ex. a post at 8:00AM the first day takes place in early morning, whereas a post taking place at 8:00PM the second day takes place in late evening).
One specific system does need to be decided on if we want this roleplay to work and not fall apart at the seams, but I'll let you guys decide which one works best.

Alright, I didn't post the morning announcement this morning, but I did add a poll to the thread regarding the time system. Please answer that as soon as you can, the poll will close tomorrow.

The motive post should be up later today, so keep an eye out for that.

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Soo... is anyone going to post? I'm personally not too sure what's exactly going on right now... So I don't want to possibly mess things up. Or is this going to be a quiet day?

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
I'm... personally trying to slow down. Even with classes, I've posted a good amount of posts. So... I was hoping others would post for a bit before I start again.

...Also, I never realized it, but it'd be hilarious for Paeon to just stare at the Pancake Box in agony as he can't make it. Which leads to the anime trope of Paeon huddled in a ball with a rain cloud above him. Boom, continuity fixed.

Alright, apparently the time system has been foregone, judging by the poll results (ignore my vote. I had to vote on something to see the results and then realised I couldn't take back my vote). Even though only three people voted and two were the pioneers of their respective ideas.

So there's no time system now: anyone can post at any time of day and have it mean virtually anything, rooms are able to be explored 24/7, etc etc.
This system will be reverted if it works, but it's probably the best option considering slowed activity during the weekdays.

The motive will instead be up later today now that a time system has been decided. See you guys then!

So will this be explained in roleplay? Like Monokuna announcing there will be no more curfews or...

Seeing as the second night announcement was made and Hoshi basically went to bed for the night because of it, I would feel out of place to have her wake up for a 'third day' post when Ralphie, Ryuu and Jane are still on day two...

So will this be explained in roleplay? Like Monokuna announcing there will be no more curfews or...

Seeing as the second night announcement was made and Hoshi basically went to bed for the night because of it, I would feel out of place to have her wake up for a 'third day' post when Ralphie, Ryuu and Jane are still on day two...
It'll be explained in roleplay, don't worry. (I can't post the announcement though because that'd be a double-post. I plan to post it along with the motive announcement).

Alright, I edited the announcement leading up to the motive announcement onto my previous post. Basically, it'll be announced in the common room, so if your character would be interested in what's going on feel free to write a roleplay post finishing up what they're doing and heading there (or we can just agree OOC who is there and who isn't and I'll make the main post after someone else responds).

Things should be getting more interesting around here soon, so hopefully this laconic pace doesn't completely grind to a halt before that can happen (although it's understandable that it's slower, these are taking place during the weekdays, after all).