• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Death Battle RP

RULES:
-Same Pokecharms rules apply.
-You can pick any character from any game or any movie. Just please, don't make it a meme.
-There will be no romance between separate universes. It's weird and fanficcy.
-Once you do your bio, start RPing INSTANTLY. I've seen a lot of people who do their bios and then that's it.
-Unless you're a Pokemon, you must have dialogue. If I RP as Boo, you see them talk, but they don't actually talk, hence textbars.

Your setup:
Name:
Game/Movie:
Armor:
Skills:
Personality:

Here's mine:
Name: Boo
Game/Movie: Super Mario Bros.
Weapons: Baseball Bat
Armor: Can turn invisible
Skills: Agile
Personality: Likes to trick people
------------------------------------------------
Boo was floating around in its ruler's mansion. "Man, this place is soooooo boring! I should ask King Boo if we can go anywhere else, because there's nothing to do here unless Luigi comes." he said. Just when he got super boring, he found another person. "Oh boy! Time for a scare!" he said as he hid behind a houseplant.

I'm not sure about this, but what the hell. I'll do this. Ironically, of course.

Your setup:
Name: Sans (Because fuck yeah)
Game/Movie: Undertale
Weapons: Bone Projectiles, Telekinesis, and, of course, Gaster Blasters.
Armor: None. Because a Jacket is good enough.
Skills: Along with being maybe a little too op, Sans can teleport at will with ease, produce bones in several forms, as either an obstacle, or a projectile. Along with his telekinetic abilities to send one flying in any direction he pleases, and finally his Gaster Blasters, which can charge up and fire an extremely powerful blast, and can also be used as a shield. Also, he can dodge any attack easily, as well as teleport.
Personality: Almost always chill and laid back, Sans is a true punster, with a shield around his true self. Not afraid to provoke anyone or anything, Sans is as kind as he is deadly, but if you wrong him, or someone close to him, you best be prepared to have a bad time, because you're really not gonna like what happens next.
He hates to make promises, but is extremely loyal and highly unlikely to break one. A good friend, and a deadly adversary.
He's lazy though, and gives up easily, especially if he has nothing to push him on. Always enjoys a good nap.

Yeah. I feel satisfied. Sans.

Sans looked left, then right, eyes narrowing. "Damn it..." He muttered. In another attempt to resurrect W.D. Gaster from the void, Sans had accidentally thrown himself through some kind of rift, and ended up... here. Wherever here is.
That was when he sensed the eyes behind him. Sensing the being, Sans turned his head to look, noticing a house plant. This place was definitely an oddity, but he couldn't see anything. At least, not yet.
"Get out of there, be'flora' I make you."
He grinned inwardly at his pun, and quickly felt a tinge of guilt. No Papyrus here to yell at him and his puns. He'd need to get back home, soon.

Last edited:
"Woah! How'd you know I was in there?" asked Boo. "You look spooky! I outta get you to the king to recruit you here!" Boo took Sans to a room where King Boo was. "Hello, Boo #475. What brings you here?" asked King Boo. "There's someone who finally found my hiding spot! And he's a skeleton! Can we recruit him? Pretty please?" asked Boo. "Hmmm...I do not know. Is it okay with the skeleton? Do you even know his name?" asked King Boo.

Sans allowed the ghost to lead him through the mansion, having nothing better to do. It seemed friendly enough. Before arriving at-
That's a big ghost.
Sans was starting to feel confused at this point. Was this universe he'd arrived in solely comprised of a ton of ghosts, all named Boo? He assumed so, considering this 'Boo' had the tag of 475, and this massive one was called 'King Boo'.
10 out of 10 for originality.
"Actually, your spookiness, I just need to find a way... home. Names Sans. Sans the comic." He added, a smirk on his face at the hidden (not really) pun. Comic Sans. It was widely known that Sans had a vague connection with the font. And he liked it.

"Well, we have lots of paintings that can take you there. Hmmm...let's see...I've heard skeletons with blue jackets and those who smile are from a world called...Undertale. Let's see here..." King Boo floated to the back of the throne room. "The Legend of Zelda...Fire Emblem...Pokemon...Tales of Symphonia...Ah! Here it is! Undertale." King Boo pointed to a painted shaped like a pixelated heart. "Well, I'm not gonna stay in this boring mansion anymore! I'm coming with him! See yaaa!" Said Boo, doing a flip once, then charged into the painting. Boo went through a series of flashing lights, he closed his eyes and put his hands over them, then finally, he landed in a flower patch. "O-oh man...I'm never going through those paintings ever again..." said Boo as he opened his eyes. "Man, it's dark around here." he said.
(I'll just let you control all the Undertale characters since it's your world)

(Well, I wasn't expecting this, but okay.)

Sans was taken aback. Paintings? Pokemon? He was even more confused than before, but when the King whipped out a painting with the soul of Determination on it, the Ghost, Boo number something, sped into it, disappearing through, leaving the Skeleton further perplexed. "Uh, thanks, your ghostliness." Sans said to the massive Ghost thing, before cautiously approaching the painting, and stepping through it.

Opening his eyes, Sans was greeted by the familiar sight of... wait...
"Oh no..." The Skeleton muttered. They were at the entrance to a cavern. The barrier sat before them. They had arrived outside of the realm of monsters. "Not good..." Sans muttered, turning away. He knew there was another entrance, but where? He never took the time to find out. He never thought he'd need to know. Yet here, that was proven wrong.

(I don't know about you, but I think we should wait for more people, because this could get boring fast, with just Undertale, and an additional Boo. That's why I set us outside the Underground, so that our next player wouldn't have to happen upon the hole in Mt. Ebott.)

(That makes sense, I'm down with that)

"Wait, what's the big deal? This IS your realm, right?" asked Boo, with a look of confusion on his face. "I can't not be, King Boo's paintings are never wrong. He didn't design them himself, but the paintings themselves just showed up. That means they can't lead to other universes. So what's wrong?" asked Boo.

Sans looked at the Boo. "Oh, yeah, we're in my realm, we're just outside of the Underground, where all Monsters like me live. Right now, we're in the Human part of the world. We just arrived in the wrong place in space and time." Sans replied. "Which means, we're stuck out here. So, 'Boo' are you?" The Skeleton asked. He knew nothing about this creature, and it's habits. This was the opportunity to... learn.

"Yeah, I'm Boo #475, but you can call me Boo!" said Boo. "I come from the Luigi's Mansion universe, but it's sooooo boring there! That's why I came with you!" said Boo, doing a flip. "There's this guy called Luigi, and he's soooo annoying! He has this portable vacuum cleaner thing that sucks my species up into that disgusting plastic toy! And every time he comes, we pray we're the first ones, so that by the time we get in there, we're not so crowded!" said Boo. "...but enough about me. What about you?" asked Boo.

(@X3n0 Jake,@Eeveechu151,
You both are good rpers that I think might either take pleasure in this, or play it ironically like me. Regardless, we need more peeps, and I'm not seeing the Death Battle aspect of this, but still. I'd like to get more diverse with this, as I'm sure DopeLeafeon would as well. So, I guess this is an invitation.)

Sam's turned away and started to walk out of the cavern. "I'm Sans. Sans the Skeleton. I like puns, ketchup, and my bro." He answered simply. "Not much else to talk about. I don't really 'spook' about myself a lot." Sans cringed. That pun was pretty terrible even for him.
He led the ghost thing, Boo, to the edge of a cliff. The sun sat high in the sky. A city in the distance. Sans gazed at it. He'd seen this view countless times before. And countless times he'd seen red spilling from him. Dan that kid, but Sans had dealt with Frisk this time. They were trying to start yet another genocide run. The Skeleton quickly put an end to them, and captured their soul before they could reset, or respawn. It was because of their determination, he'd finally been able to power up his machine. But all that did was teleport him to... Luigi's mansion?
"Why live in that guys mansion? Why not live somewhere else? I mean, it IS that guys mansion, right?"

"Well, yeah." said Boo, floating over to where Sans was. "It was his mansion...but it was all a prank. Back then, King Boo would do anything to make the living nightmare of a mansion fun for us. So we pranked Luigi, and...it was pretty fun. Since then, King Boo started going power-hungry, ignoring the fact that we were even alive. Well, we aren't, but...still. That's why I want to get out of that mansion. So I wouldn't have to live with someone who acts like we're not special, giving us all numbers to work with." Boo sighed. "At least I have a giant tongue!" said Boo.

Name: Jake Larson (AKA "The Child From Nowhere")
Game/movie: Undertale (HATE!Tale AU {I created it})
Appearance: Orangish-brownish hair, slightly pale skin, [DATA LOST] colored eyes (they are covered by glitches), always wearing a red hoodie and blue jeans which are stained with blood and covered by dust, perpetually smiling. He also wears the top half of a plague mask made of white ceramic, like a bathtub.
Abilities: Jake can use the fact that he is a glitch to copy abilities from apponents through the CODE, but that is always a last resort so he uses his teleportation abilities and weapon summoning abilities to his advantage. Other than that he is a normal human.
Personality: Very sadistic to his enemies, usually taunting them and inflicting as much pain as possible before the final blow, his LV is high enough to the point where it has glitches out. When he is not in a fight he is ussually hiding the fact that he is clinically depressed.
Armor: Uses speed to evade attacks
Weapons: Knives that deal 31 DMG and tentacles made from glitches that deal 57 DMG

Jake entered this new dimension and grinned, so many new possibilities, so much new prey. "Somethin' tells me a lot of people are about to DIE tonight!" He said to himself as he opened up this dimension's CODE to locate the nearest victims. Which just so happened to be Sans and Boo and King Boo. "Well well well, sansy got some new friends..." Jake said. He then, with a snap of his fingers, teleported to the trio, and greeted them with a spine-tingling grin that could even slightly disturb a Gravemind from Halo. "Hello, PREY." He said as he materialized two knives into his hands. He then checked the stats. "Sans, attack one, defense one... this is too easy."

(There is no King Boo he didn't come with us)
"Woah, holy crap! Octopus...thing!"said Boo. He instantly released his relax pose. "Okay, with this guy on my side, this'll be nooo problem." said Boo.
Go for broke! FIGHT!
Boo turns invisible. "Ha! Can't catch me, you don't know where I am!" Boo floated all around Jake. He even spun around a few times. "Whee! This is fun!" said Boo, knowing he could never me caught.

Sans' gaze darkened. "Do I... know ya, kid?" He asked. He could feel the sins radiating from this creature that had just randomly appeared. For seemingly no reason. But this being was an embodiment of evil. That means the karma effects would do twice, thrice, or... basically, it would be pretty cool.
"Just randomly attacking us? That's not very 'knife' of you." He grinned, eyeing the sharp objects.

"Hmm. Tasty." The Soldier said to himself as he got back to his feet, wiping some snake meat from his lips and looking about. He was on vacation. Sort of. Actually, he'd just left the FOXHOUND unit for good. Too much rebellion. He was done. He'd led the revolt. Then he just... left... everything went dark... Snake didn't remember how long he'd been out here in the wild.
Continuing on his way, Snake noticed something in the distance. The sky was seemingly darkening. "Huh... better check that out." He said to himself as he began to pad towards it, which may take a while. He was craving some action.

(Sorry, stayed up until like 1 AM last night)
Jake opened up the code to tamper with it, he then then managed to disable the code for boo's invisibility for 40 seconds.

He looked over at Sans. "You might not remember... but Papyrus might..." Jake said as he pulled papyrus' scarf out of his coat pocket and dropped it on the ground. Even though the kid had an invisible aura of evil around him, there still was a sliver of hope for him. Jake grinned and then stomped on the scarf. "I'm sorry if I 'BROKE' your Funny Bone, vertebruh, but today, you'll be using you angry bone. Hehehe." Jake taunted, "at least papy got a long death." Jake chuckled, twirling a knife in his hand.

"What?! No! My invisibility!" Boo covered his eyes again. "You mean man! I'll show you!" Boo pulled out his baseball bat, and whacked Jake on the head as hard as he could.

Suddenly, two white, floating bony hands came out of the shadows, one grabbing the kid by the neck and lifting him into the air and the other glowing purple right in front of his face.
"I'd like to hear more about what you did to my son." Gaster said, stepping out of the shadows with five more hands beside him, all glowing a different color."

"Hey! What are you doing to Sans?" asked Boo, with an angry tone. "Oh, you are SO getting batted!" said Boo. He floating over to Gaster, and tried to whack him on the head, but it phased right through. "Huh?" he tried again. "Impossible! How could batty possible fail me?" Boo kept trying.

Jake felt the hit and lost- XXXXXXX - HP. Jake turned to the ghost and used some glitchy tentacles to capture the wretched thing. "Bad children get punissshed~" Jake hummed as he walked out of the range of Boo, only to be captured by gaster, the impact from the hand knocking his mask off revealing that his eyes had been covered by glitches. "AK! LEMME GO! I CAN'T FUCKING BREATH YOU PILE OF BONES!!!" Jake gasped as he tried despratley to get free, constantly taking damage and losing HP as his SOUL cracked. (People are starting to post extremely fast holy crap)

Sans was left, forgotten. Not that he cared about that. He held Papyrus' scarf in his hands, just staring at it. There was no doubt it belonged to Papyrus, but San knew about the au's. He'd visited several before... but... Sans turned his head to look back at Mt. Ebott.
In the amount of time he'd been gone... had that been enough for this... this... prick to kill Paps?
San finally took notice of what was happening before him. The strange being was hacking and choking, and... the familiar face of Dr. W.D. Gaster loomed. Something Sans hadn't seen in... he forgot how long, maybe he just stopped caring, or keeping track, but here he was, looking as he had when he'd disappeared into the void.
Sans was speechless. Too much was happening, too much... but... turning back to the creature that had supposedly claimed Papyrus' life, Sans raised a bony hand, his eye flashing blue as he pinned the thing to the ground, trying to speak above its noise.
"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" He asked, his voice deeper than before, an effect of his glowing eye. "Or maybe your just a regular old bone head, using intimidation and fear to try and overcome your opponents... did HE send you?" Sans asked. In many of his au travels, he'd encountered the one known as error. This kid shared a resemblance with the now deceased Sans. At least, Sans believes he was killed. "'Tibia' honest, it doesn't really matter what you say." Sans growls, a Gaster blaster appearing beside him. Sans glanced back at Gaster, before returning his attention to the kid.

"Huh... this is new..." Snake muttered to himself, crouching low as he watched two Skeletons, a... ghost? And a.... thing, duke it out. Snake wasn't sure if he'd seen this before. Of course, he remember that stupid point in his life when he'd sided with a blue fox thing and little blob knight to take over a ship. That was a low point in this soldiers life. Never again, will he be joining them again. Ever. Never ever.

(REFERENCES)
(REFERENCES TO LUCARIO AND META KNIGHT EVERYWHERE)
"stupid..." Boo grunted. "Thing...won't...take...any...hits...!" Boo kept trying until he realized his bat was swinging at nothing. So he put his bat away and sighed. "Why do I try..." he said.

Jake looked at Sans in fear, his HP had gone from over 100 to 1 quickly, this was unforeseen, and how the hell did GASTER! W-FUCKING-D GASTER ARRIVE?! "N-No... Nothing... p-please... just don't k-kill me..." Jake begged as his SOUL was dangerously cracked. The glitches slowly disappeared as his HP was lowered to .25

Sans narrowed his eyes, as be imagined Papyrus...
What would Paps do? Did it really matter if the eccentric monster was already dead? Maybe...
Sans relented. "I won't kill you... yet. All I need to know, is if this;" He holds up the scarf. "Is truly my brothers, or just some retarded, elaborate ruse you've conjured up..." He said, sticking his hands back into his pockets.

While Gaster had been choking the murderer, someone had pulled them to the ground and summoned a Gaster Blaster above them. The only one who could do that was... Sans?
Gaster looked away from the child long enough to see his son. "Sans. What are you doing here?" he asked. Although, Sans seemed to be in disbelief he was actually there.
Turning back to the child, without the skull mask Gaster could see a glitchy mess where his face should have been. It reminded him so much of where Ghast had kept him for years, and what was behind Ghast's mask. He hated it.
But his mercy had to be greater than his anger, as the child had taught him.
Gaster pulled the child out of the way of the blast. "If you're going to leave, do so NOW. While I still have mercy remaining." He then looked back at Sans. "I can tell you're obviously Sans. My only question is whether you're MY Sans or an alternate timeline's Sans."

"Uh, hello?" Alpha said, walking through the halls.
"I... don't think there's anyone there, Micheal. Not anyone we want to be there, anyways." Flamegirl said, walking beside him.
"I do agree with Lady Flamegirl." Nylocke said, on the other side of Alpha. "This mansion is quite ominous. Perhaps some hacker has set this up as a trap for us?"
"Oh god, Odboll would totally do something like this, wouldn't he?" Flamegirl said, creeped out at the memory of the disgusting hacker.
"We don't know anything about this place yet, guys." Alpha said, continuing his walk. "Let's just keep going and see if we can find anyone to help."

Jake looked down at the ground and sighed. "It... was your papyrus... I'm s-sorry..." jake said as tears ran down his checks, the glitches by now had disappeared from his eyes. This kid was just a tourtured soul who was unlucky enough to be glitched. Jake then felt gaster pull him away from Sans, but Jake didn't move when gaster told him to leave. He remained silent until the glitches reappeared as covered his eyes again, painfully. Jake's HP glitches back to full and the mask teleported into his hand. Jake put the mask back on started to grin. He pulled out a knife again and teleported behind Sans and prepared to strike.

"I warned you." Gaster said. He put all seven of his hands together.
DUALITY
Two hands and a giant Gaster Blaster came out, the two giant hands grabbing the kid and lifting him into the air. The Gaster Blaster charged up.
"You should have left when you had the chance."

Boo pulled his bat out and got ready for the fight.
Combatants ready? FIGHT!
Boo turned invisible and started whacking Gaster in the head to distract him. He knew it probably would not make a dent, seeing as though it phases right through, it was worth a shot.

Jake quickly hacked lines of code to turn gaster' powers against their owner. The hands set him down and grabbed Gaster. "Tsk tsk tsk. Don't you know of CODE? One single hack and 'boop!', anything can happen, hehehe." He chuckled, Jake then used a sharp-ended tentacle to pierce through Gaster's stomach, impaling him.

Boo grabbed his baseball bat again, but of course, the bat didn't do anything and phased right through. Boo had nothing else to work with, so he just put the bat back and watched the professionals do it.

Sans felt nothing but...
Emptiness.
"No... that's not possible... he was cooking his famous Spaghetti when I left..."
The kid began to move, but Sans didn't care, even as the kid appeared behind him, Sans didn't notice Gaster save him. He was in shock... after all those timelines... he killed Frisk before they could kill even Toriel. He ended them. Papyrus was meant to be safe. He...
Sans was just about finished with this encounter. The younger skeleton was the only reason Sans bothered getting up in the morning.
Sans whirled around, watching as a tentacle sped towards his father. "Not today, dirty brother killer." He growled a single bone appeared and slammed into the tentacle. Sans twirled his finger, and the bone wrapped the tentacle up as the skeleton appeared behind the kid, eye flashing it's iconic blue as he swiped his arm to the right, and a hail of bone projectiles flung at the kid. "You never should have come." Sans told him. "Then you might have lived a while longer."

Gaster landed square on the ground, his hands having let go of him. "I've dealt with someone like you before." he said. "He was tough. He turned my own powers against me. That's why I have some safeguards for that kind of thing." The Duality attack disintegrated instantly, before the seven hands reformed.

Jake dodged the bones quickly, a smug grin on his face. "Seriously? Did you think I would just stand there? Ha!" Jake said while dodging more. "Also I wouldn't kill me if I were youuu!" Jake said with a wave of his finger. A small portal then opened and he pulled a monster SOUL out of it. Papyrus' SOUL. It had been contained in suspenddd reanimation. "I die, your brother dies." Jake said, now laughing maniacally.

Boo's eyes widened. Okay, think, think...
Boo thought for a long time. Then he made his decision. He turned invisible, simply surrounded his body with the soul containment in the middle, and flew away, now with the monster soul in his body. He reappeared, hopefully covering his tracks.

Snake watched the battle with interest, quickly distinguishing who friend and foe is.

"You dug your own grave the moment you crossed my family." Sans growled. Quickly, he teleported directly in front of the kid. "Enjoy burning in hell." He spat at him, face to face. With that, he disappeared again, just as a blast from a Gaster Blaster headed right towards the kid.

"It looks like the chubby skeleton has it covered..." Snake mutters, narrowing his eyes. "Hm... I wish I had Para-Medic right now..."
His codec wasn't working. It seems almost as though he was either on a different planet, or the codec had been shut down.

"Oh.... well shit. Later asshats!" Jake yelled as he opened a portal to an undertale AU that had been covered with a strange Bio-Mass and a thick, sickly fog exited through the portal. (Yes, if you know where I am going then yes, I am doing this, looking at you right now Dave.) Jake quickly had a gas mask manifest into his hand and replace his mask for the gas mask. "They can't follow me in here..." Jake said to himself as he ran through the RUINS.

"Sans! Sans! I have your bro's SOUL!" Boo turned himself invisible again to reveal the monster soul capsule inside of him. "...now what do I do with it?" asked Boo.

Sans looked at the soul. "I... I don't know... Dad..." Sans turns to Gaster. "...You need to help us..."

Snake watched silently, and soon enough, the excitement had calmed down. "Huh... that's disappointing..." The soldier contemplated on hopping out now and try intimidating them, or take the bold, noble approach. "Where's Otacon when you need him?"

As the portal remained open Jake teleported to new home, specifically the castle. As Jake entered the throne room he picked up the helmet of a solider (ODST helmet) and placed it on the throne. There was another helmet nearby, but he didn't go near it for now. He then closed the throne room doors and locked them. "Won't get me, not today." Jake said to himself. The Bio-mass had not reached the throne room. But it didn't mean it was safe to breath.

"We can't risk going after him." Gaster said, destroying the portal. "It's better to leave him trapped there while we figure out what's going on. I'll help with Papyrus. But since you can tell this is your brother's SOUL and my right eye is still working, I can tell you're not from my timeline. Let me guess, Asriel didn't come with you to the surface? Nevertheless, I can help your brother. If I can get back to my lab, that is. However, I seemed to be pulled here with little to no explanation. Same as you, I would presume."
"Hello? Is someone there?" a shout came from down the hall. Gaster froze at the voice before returning to normal.
"It seems we're not the only ones."

San soaked in the information, before giving a nod. "I don't know what's happening... but I think there's this... huge convergence thing about to go on... with the omniverse... I don't kbow, but that's what all clues are hinting to."
San turned when he heard the voice, brow line furrowing. "What now?"