• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Divided

Rain splattered across the faces of those traversing the streets of Nimbasa in the early morning. The long black raincoats of the business women who refused to let splashes ruin their perfectly new shoes, the hooded jackets of the young students who were running off to school and to seek shelter from the rain, the bright yellow, pink, orange, and bright blue raincoats of the young toddlers and children splashing in every puddle- they all blended together to form a bright picture in the rainy, dreary morning air. The sounds of the occasional car honk or the laughter of children followed by the scolding of their mothers were all drowned out by the rhythmic pattern of 'drip, drop... drip, drop...' Of the rain. It was all so peaceful; an otherwise normal day in Unova's city of lights. Normal, however, is what that day was not.

The children were not followed by a stray Purrloin begging for food, nor were the business men and women assisted by a Sawk to help carry their many bags and suitcases. There weren't any fresh teenagers running around street corners in a haste to battle their Pokemon before the school day starts, and even the little Pokedolls that young girls carried and played with their whole day were gone. The air was thick with rain, but it was also thick in tension- who wouldn't be if you're entire lifestyle and region was seized by an evil organization?

Among those raincoats were blue and grey uniforms, patrolling the streets and watching for any suspicious figures out there. Many thought that it was overkill- the fact that they constantly patrolled the streets for concealed trainers despite the fact that it had been four years since they put in place the outrageous, but respected, rules of the modern society. The larger cities were more heavily watched, with about 100-150 members in the larger cities, but the much smaller ones only had patrols of 10-15; and only 8 members were placed in Nuvema and Aspertia Town. When the takeover began four years back, so many lost their jobs. PokeCenter nurses, police officers, scientists, Pokemon gym leaders, trainers, elite four, and even the champion. Any job that had any relation to Pokemon- it caused so many to loose their income. Jobs like construction, they just lost their ability to use Pokemon in their building, but many people lost their jobs in that devastating time.

Due to the lack of jobs, Team Plasma saw the opportunity. They advertised that any person could join in Team Plasma's ranks, not to mention that it was a decent pay. After a week of announcing that jobs were available, Team Plasma had tripled the size of their workforces and continued to grow more and more. They had ridiculous amounts of people; its not a surprise if the next door neighbor is a member.

The cold rain splattered on the ground incessantly despite all of Team Plasma's antics. A small figure huddled in the far right side of the city stared at the rain as it continued to fall relentlessly. Irene Safedale found inspiration out of curious things, just like the rain that fell on Nimbasa in that moment. "The rain doesn't care about Team Plasma. It goes ahead and does what it wants. Just because humans can't interact with Pokemon, the rain doesn't care. It falls anyways." She muttered; looking up and at the stormy sky. The thick grey clouds were like a blanket, forever trapping the rain between it and the Earth. A small thud behind the young adult made her spin around in panic, but what she found wasn't so frightening. It was a young child, maybe the age of 6. Her backpack had slid off her shoulder and the strap had lodged itself between the panels of the rotting wood on one of the benches. It was a very simple fix, just lift it up and pull it to the right, but the small girl seemed to be frantic about where she was going and tugged on the rest of the bag in the opposite direction. Her age prompted that she hadn't yet discovered how if you look at a situation from a different angle, that could help you solve it.

Irene smiled to herself, swiftly walking to the young girl. "Do you need some help?" She asked softly as if her very words would physically shatter the young child. The girl looked up at her and shook her head yes. Gently Irene pulled the backpack up and out of the rotting bench and handed it to the young child. With a wave and many thanks, the girl was gone; having rushed off to her destination. Somehow that child reminded Irene of herself- both physically and in mindset. The girl had a similar shade of her dirty blonde hair- and her eyes were strikingly similar. With the exception of her central heterochromia, which made Irene's eyes have a golden brown ring of color around the pupil, anyone could have mistaken this girl for her sister. Irene sighed, pulling her raincoat closer to her skin- as if that would warm her from the chill she felt suddenly down her spine. It was a warm, muggy day, but the ominous feeling like she was being watched chilled Irene to the bone.

Once the looming shadows of the Ferris Wheel were far behind her, and the bustle of people in Nimbasa's street returned to Irene, she instantly felt more comfortable. In the back of her mind, her Kalos Girl said that she needed to go clothes shopping because it was obvious that her Kalos clothes didn't fit in with the Unova Trends. It wasn't too wild, her attire that is, it was a simple three quarter sleeved pastel blue shirt, a pair of white jeans, and some brown boots that were tucked beneath her pant legs. Over that was her raincoat- a slick black jacket that hung to mid-calf, but it hung open in the front past her hips due to all the buttons popping off due to poor quality and constant use. Irene sighed at her own thought process. She just landed in Unova last afternoon and she wasn't even concerned about her Pokemon who were stolen. Shame on her, shame on her. The sudden and unnecessary guilt that flooded Irene in that moment almost forced her to hang her head and wallow in her own pity, but she didn't have time for that. She had to get home, but not until she had her whole team in her possession

No anti-Plasma groups have shown their face for the past two years- Irene learned that from gossip. Maybe it was a horrible idea to imagine herself being part of an uprising, but Irene kind of liked the whole plot of an evil organization made of thousands upon thousands of well trained soilders fighting a weak, but motivated group of rebels with a passion of their own- it was something she would see in a story book. The good guys always win- but in reality, that kind of uprising would probably fail. Irene must have looked shady, hanging her head down and slowly walking through the less populated areas of Nimbasa, because two Plasma members eyed her from across the street. After a quick discussion between the two, they both marched towards Irene. She kept the emotion off her face, but inwardly she panicked. If they were to search her, they would definitely find Echo around her waist, and she would be thrown in jail. However, she halted in 'respect' for the Plasma officers, but her hands were inside her coat. They couldn't see what she did. Secretly, she took the Pokeball out of her bag and reached up her shirt's seam. It was loose enough, so in case of a situation like that, Irene had sewn a pocket into the inside of her shirt. When the Pokeball was inside the pocket, it was nearly invisible. It mearly appeared like Irene's shirt was sitting wrong on her hips.

"Hello ma'am. We are Team Plasma officers and we have reason to believe you are suspicious of carrying Pokemon. You fit all the criteria...head down...walking in non populated areas... big coats... looking around you carefully..." One male Team Plasma member seemed fairly new and began to recite the criteria for a suspicious person. A woman next to him seemed much more seasoned and swatted at his arm. "She doesn't need to know why were searching her, just that we are you idiot!" The woman hissed, and averted her eyes back to Irene. "Hand over your bag and give us your name please, or we'll have to resort to more violent methods." The man said, obviously reciting a scripted sentence. Irene looked around their waists. 'Hypocrites.' She thought angrily- seeing the pokeballs looped around their belts; most likely filled with Pokemon. Suddenly, Irene had an idea. Maybe learning that second language in high school would come in handy.

"Salut! J’ai peur que je ne parle pas anglais et je ne comprends pas, Désolé !" Irene plastered the happiest, most innocent and confused look she could to her face and smiled widely- as if she were greeting these people politely. She was greeting these people politely, but the intention behind it wasn't so pure. "Excuse me? I don't speak dumb." The female Team Plasma member placed her hands on her hips and scowled at Irene. "Désolé? Ma langue n’est pas stupide, je dirais que votre visage est plus stupide que mes sons de la langue." Irene smiled outwardly, but was cracking up inside. If this lady could only catch that stupide was the same thing as dumb, she might have caught that Irene could actually understand her. The woman began to grow angry, and threw her hands up in frustration. "Ugh! Kalos people these days!" She hissed, and grabbed Irene's bag off her shoulder. The man looked very surprised at the sudden outburst, but proceeded to check the bag as the woman checked Irene's belt and pockets. When they found nothing, they returned the bag. "I'm sorry to bother you ma'am. We'll be going now." The male Team Plasma member said as he literally dragged the woman away with him. "Monsieur le Président, je suggère que vous obtenez un nouveau partenaire de travail, cette femme est une poignée !" Irene laughed as she waved "happily" goodbye to the two members. "Thank you and have a good day!" She added in English, and walked away laughing to herself.

((Note: I removed the part about her hoping to Castelia. It just didn't fit in and it was a feeble attempt at trying to lengthen my post. Sorry for any confusion.

Just if you're wondering, this is what Irene said in French.
"Hello! I'm afraid that I don't speak English and I cannot understand you, sorry!"

"I'm sorry? My language isn't dumb, I'd say your face looks more dumb than my language sounds."

"Sir, I suggest that you get a new work partner, that woman is a handful!"))

Last edited:
Nuvema Town wasn't the same anymore, it was like most other cities since the takeover, left with a tension and pain that gripped the townspeople's hearts, the complete opposite of the sunny attitude the sky was giving off. A few kids kicked a ball back and forth, not with much enjoyment however. There was once a day when they're push their brother's sandshrew back and forth to each other, were whenever the sandy pokemon unrolled itself and burst out to hug one of the children, all the nearby people would look over with a smile.
Nuvema Town was one of the last towns to be taken over, the population was small, and Kamon "Ego" Skyland had protected it with all his heart, along with the other parents and some trainers who had come home to protect their families. The town still had burned grass and a few broken windows and buildings from the megalomaniac attacks two years ago. Many of the children in the town were locked away in the basement of Ms. Jean's home. The other children had curled up in the corner of the musty cellar, but one child hadn't- fourteen year old Lady Skyland- had sat right up next to window, watched with terrified eyes as her father fought and fought with Grace the Mightyena and Big Daddy the Krokodile. She watched as her father got hit with the Plasma Charizard's flamethrower as he had stood in between Grace and the beast. Had Ms. Jean not pulled Lady back and covered her mouth, Lady would have blown their cover with her screams.
But, two years later, the town still wasn't healed. No one in town joined Team Plasma, they refused. Some of them lived outside their houses because they refused to join, others were lucky that their children got city jobs and sent money home. But no one joined Team Plasma. On bad days, people would grab stones and rocks and throw them at the Plasma grunts that patrolled the town. The Grunts would always beat them back, not with their own stones, but with the Pokemon they stole. Many people in Nuvema Town wore scars and bruises twenty-four seven.
Lady Skyland found hardness and ruthlessness to be common now. She found that people were mean and people were meaner, but that nice people were quite hard to find, at least in Nuvema they were. She found that the Plasma Grunts were much nicer in Nuvema then the towns folk were, and even with her Poochyena in his pokeball in the pocket newly sewn pocket of her stupid scarf, the pocket that rested just below her chin, she still would sit down next to a pair of Plasma grunts during their lunch breaks, and talk to them- after all, they were still people, right?

"Hi..." Lady said softly, coming to sit on the grass beside the moldy old picnic table.

One of the Grunts looked up to snap at her, but the other shook his head. The other grunt smiled at Lady, "How has your day been, Miss Skyland?"

"I miss my dad," Lady said, just as she did everyday.

The grunt beside the other grunt rolled his eyes, but the other grunt lost his smile, "I'm sorry. Do you want my apple?"

Lady looked to her feet, "Yes please."

Maybe this was why the rest of the town hated her now, hated her almost as much as they hated Team Plasma. Lady munched on the apple, all the way down to the core, and thanked the grunt, who smiled, held out his hand and for the first time, told Lady something she didn't know, "My name is Larry."

She looked up in surprise, until she noticed the folded paper in his hand. She shook his hand, and tried to keep her face neutral as he slipped the paper into her hand. He gave her a nod, and Lady turned and walked away, the apple core in one hand, and the paper in the other. She walked and walked, deeper and deeper into the forest. She hopped on each of the flat stones she placed in the river and slowly made her way to the two trees with the sheet of tin placed between them, held there by rope from Larry that he gave her four weeks ago. He liked to leave gifts in an old knot in a tree not too far from here, like Boo Radley from To Kill A Mockingbird. Lady put the paper in her pocket, and pulled out the single pokeball she had. Potchy the Poochyena came out of the ball with a tingle, thanks to the bell on his collar. He looked excited to see the applecore, and started munching on it when Lady handed it to him, "Potchy, please wait till we're down the tunnel. Someone could see you."
Potchy huffed but picked up his apple core and followed Lady,who crawled, down the hidden, dig made tunnel into the small cavern with the torn sleeping bag and pillow, and the fuzzy towel laid in the other corner, as well as the "yuck" bucket on the other side of the room. There was also a mini cooler filled with water, and a cardboard box filled with cans of beans and fruit. The perfect survival hole for a sixteen year old and her best friend, Potchy the Poochyena. Lady smiled to herself, a dim smile, yes, but a smile.
She sat down on the sleeping back and pulled out the piece of paper from her pocket as Potchy devoured the apple core.

Miss Skyland,
I hope little P enjoyed the apple core. Don't panic, it's okay. I don't want to take him from you, or anyone's pokemon from them for that matter. I had to join for my son and wife, we can't live out on the streets like the citizens of Nuvema or like you in your little hole, my son is four years old, and I can't have him falling ill like the Tommy boy down by the town entrance. I can't ignore it if you bring little P into town out of his pokeball, but I can pretend I don't know about him. I hope you in all your kindness find a way to stop this madness.

-Larry

Lady blinked in surprise, and glanced over at Potchy who licked his paws quietly on the other side of the room. Some Plasma members weren't on the side of their boss. She smiled slowly. Maybe change was possible.

((ooc: hope no one minds that I went next *shifty eyes*))

Nathan "Rye" Winterfields was a criminal. On his record were several accounts of theft, aggravated assault, and other assorted crimes. None of these were true however, it was the Plasma Gangs doings. Before the "Collapse" as it was now know as, after the Plasma Gang took over. Currently he was getting fleeing through Nimbasa City square, where he was probably going to end up getting caught by the Grunts that patrolled the streets. He pulled his Sweatshirt more so over his eyes, and trudged through the rain, a tattered snatched resided at his side, with his two remaining Pokemon. An Umbreon, and Sawsbuck.

He heard a shout. The grunts had just found their unconscious friends by the fountains. He took off in a near sprint, stumbling into a young woman. He muttered an apology, before continuing towards a back alley, where he could lose his pursuers. He darted into the alley way. The two grunts caught up with the Woman.

"Hey! Did you see that kid? Where'd he go? Can you point us in the right direction. He's armed and dangerous!" The first one said angrily, as if he truly believed Nathan was a criminal.

Baker quietly watched the soft rain hit the kitchen window with a pitter-pattter as he held a warm mug of steaming coffee to his lips. His half-lidded blue eyes nostalgically observing without focus as each individual droplet hit the translucent glass and slid smoothly down in erratic motions. The black haired youth sighed in a rare moment of comfort as his back reclined against the crudely crafted wooden chair and felt his mind drift freely from one thing to another. Eventually his thoughts strayed to his clumsy Pokemon companion and felt a small unbidden smile rise on his lips as he took a sip from his mug.

The Nemia turned his attention from the rain streaked window and scanned the small kitchen to look for any signs of the little critter as he reminisced about their recent expenditures. He'd bought this very cottage they were currently staying in, which had been abandoned in the desolate Nuvema forest outskirts for quite some bit of time, not too long ago from the Nuvema town mayor with the meager funds he managed to scrounge up. However, It was only due to the town mayor's benevolence that the young man was even able to buy the establishment in the first place. Lowering the property's price to an astronomically low number, before claiming that the ancient shack had fallen into such disrepair that it wasn't worth much anyway and he'd be doing a favor by taking it off his hands. It was a shabby excuse and they both knew it, but the aging man stubbornly insisted on the low price and Baker begrudgingly relented in the end- paying with only half his funds.

When Baker finally got a chance to take a look at the abandoned cottage, he remembered taking an involuntary step back in surprise due to just how decrepit looking the old residence was. Thankfully, the windows weren't damaged and there hadn't been any need to replace them, but the amount of vines and mold that had grown both in and on the house, along with the broken door and the expired furniture strewn about inside, Baker had to work and clean tirelessly to get the place up and running into barely acceptable living conditions. Yet, despite the arduous labor, the young man always found himself mentally thanking the mayor, as the kind man was the only reason why he was given the lucky chance to live peacefully with Helpless in these forest outskirts. Free from the influence and prying eyes of Team Plasma- the town leader no doubt having a large part in helping keep his undisturbed peace.

The young man grimaced as he was reminded of the group of hypocrites, both fury and sorrow flickering across his face as he thought back to the horrific experiences he'd had in the past with the criminal organization. Even now, despite it being nearly over four years since then, the words Team Plasma still left a foul taste in his mouth whenever he thought of them. In fact, it was all he could do to stop himself from acting out rashly and losing himself to the pit of hatred that threatened to swallow him at any given moment. Not that he didn't want to, oh no, he very much wanted to go over to the nearest Plasma HQ and beating the living hell out of each and every one those damned grunts. But unfortunately, he had responsibilities now, namely, a certain Axew named Helpless.

Baker let an irritable sigh escape from his lips as he brought himself out of the weary thoughts before separating the cooling mug from his mouth, no longer in the mood to drink, while looking around the musty room one last time for the elusive Pokemon. Not finding any signs, the young man set the white porcelain mug down on the table with a worried expression and attempted to slowly get up from his wooden seat in order to call for the little rascal. But as soon as he opened his mouth to call for the Dragon, Baker felt his face suddenly contort in immense pain as he felt his right thigh flare up intensely as if its muscles had caught on fire. His mood immediately turning for the worse, Baker grit his teeth in utter frustration as he focused all his attention into massaging his aching limb, doing his best to alleviate the excruciating torment to no avail.

"Of all times to act up..." Cursing harshly under his breath, Baker tightly clutched his leg in a vice-like grip, his mangled knuckles growing white as he tried to fight off the growing agony with his own self-induced pain and started shakily standing up in order to make his way towards the nearby cabinet. He didn't make it far before his right leg lost its strength and the young adult collapsed onto the hard wooden floor with a resounding crash. No longer having the strength to stand up on his legs, Baker furrowed his brows and resorted to a desperate crawl with his marred hand firmly gripped onto his broiling thigh.

After what seemed like an eternity, Baker, his face pale and clammy with sweat, reached out with a trembling hand and swung the wooden door of the towering cabinet open. Blue eyes erratically searching for his one and only hope before his sight landed upon a white capped orange canister filled with pills placed on the uppermost shelf. Momentarily feeling joy at finding his Despair began to pool in his guts as Baker realized that he wouldn't be able to reach so far up with just his arm length and cursed the idiocy of his past-self. But as the feverish youth continued to berate his own lack of foresight, he felt his thigh flare up once more, the intensity of the pain being far more greater than the last. Gnashing his teeth whilst trying to endure the fresh onslaught of pain, Baker knew he didn't have much of a choice and used his free hand to push against the shelves to prop himself up against the Cabinet. After managing to somehow struggle his way up on his weakening knees, Baker hurriedly snatched the canister from the top shelf, before letting himself collapse against the nearby wall as his legs quickly gave out beneath him.

Feeling his pulsing heart continually beat faster, the young Nemia's trembling fingers fumbled as they tried to pry the lid off the orange canister, before remembering that he needed to turn instead of pull. When Baker finally heard the lid pop open, he felt his palpitating heart relax in overwhelming relief and hurriedly shook the container for a few pills. After desperately swallowing a couple of white tablets, the young man let out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and began sluggishly massaging the aggrieved limb as the intense flares finally lulled to a dull ache.

Sliding down against the wall like a deflating balloon, Baker took a moment to let his thumping heart calm as the adrenaline wore off and eye'd his thigh bitterly, looking at the source of his grievances hidden away under the layer of black fabric. Despite the wound having been completely healed for over two years, he hadn't truly been able to recover from the grievous injury and the painful ordeal had left him with both a physical reminder and a slight limp to remember it by. But as if that weren't enough, the ugly scar that was left behind still tortured him with its phantom pains every once in awhile, making him unable to do anything due to the torment unless he took some painkillers. Thankfully, this sort of thing didn't occur often or he'd probably would've actually gone insane from the abuse.

Shaking his head wearily as the effect of the medication finally caught up to him, Baker shook himself from his thoughts as he heard a low anxious growl to his side and looked over lazily with a bleary eye. Only to find himself staring right into an innocent large eye with a similarly adorable pink pupil. The Nemia inwardly smiled at the pure naked concern displayed by the Axew as it worriedly nudged at his unresponsive body. Baker retorted grumpily to soothe his Pokemon's worries before moving a tired arm to rub the young dragon's head in a placating manner.

"I'm not so weak yet that I would need your useless worrying."

Realizing that his trainer was going to be okay, the dragon type Pokemon responded with its customary rude snort and moved to snuggle in against his human friend. His petite body soon rising and falling in rhythm as he comfortably settled in and peacefully fell asleep by his companion's side. Baker merely watched the process with sad eyes, his heart aching helplessly as he traced over each and every scar that was littered across the dragon's small bronze body, all the way from the small negligible nicks to the grossly mismatching sizes of his still growing tusks. The most ugly and grotesque of them all being the three thick savage claw marks that ran jagged across his face and over the Pokemon's now permanently closed left eye.

Baker stared regretfully at the scars with half-lidded eyes drooping heavily from exhaustion. His head already nodding off as if he were to fall asleep any single given moment.

"if only..." He whispered softly. "...If only..."

And his voice trailed off- dying into silence as the man's mind faded to black and he finally drifted off into blissful sleep.

If only we had met just a bit sooner.

((OOC: Finished this off while I was half dead from sleepiness. Sorry if it got unreadable near the end.))

Is it okay if I control the minor character Ashton, Nolan's little brother for only the beginning of the roleplay? I can edit it if not.
- - - -

"I can't keep up, my legs are giving out!" the young boy cursed, pitying himself as he pouted, eyeing the climb. "Ease up, we've hardly left the dratted town," Nolan responded with a hint of amusement in his voice.
"Yes, and with that short period you also managed to avoid the trail and lose our way." His brother hissed threats at him.
Nolan didn't care to bother correcting Ashton's inappropriate language and behavior.
"Give me your hand, I'll help your sorry behind up," the pink headed brother offered, stretching out a palm. Ashton grunted, refusing in silence as he struggled with the oak by himself. Groaning with a dramatic touch, which he'd been working on specifically for peeving Nolan off with, he scouted the tree limbs for a smoother path.
On the alternate side of the oak, Nolan carried his own weight with ease, his long limbs enough for the wide stretch between the fingers of the tree. Finding a comfortable spot that offered a clean view of the area, he settled, watching below as his brother remained at the roots of the tree, still in deep thought as he unconsciously touched his lip with his finger.
"You sure you don't need help?" The young adult prepared to retrace his climb.
"No," Ashton answered firmly, "I got it." That was the truth, for the ten year old slowly but surely scaled the small stretch that landed them a fair limb over the thick umbrella of trees.
Now with the problem of Ashton's struggle out of the way, the duo silently scanned the horizon for Accumula Town.
"Got it," Ashton piped up, raising an angled limb to point out a building that peered at them knowingly, and the marketplace that was marked as their destination.
"Nice, now let's find a way down without breaking a limb."

The siblings were met with the mixed voices of passerbys on their way to travel safely without a confrontation with Plasma officers.
"Come on, even Numeva's better than this," the sharp-tongued kid commented, folding his arms. "I can't stand crowds!"
Nolan shrugged as he took Ashton's hand, who quickly recollected it by his side. "What are you doing?" he questioned with disgust, eyeing Nolan suspiciously.
"Can't let you get lost. Ma would have my head," the answer came with Nolan's monotone voice.
"You're kidding," the boy grunted, leading the way to the market. Nolan quickly copied his steps and matched his pace, taking his hand with a more dramatic force. Knowing his brother, Ashton kept his silence, cringing on the inside.

"Aw, look, Pal, they're holding hands," a feminine commented behind him. Though he was ticked off by the remark, Nolan ignored it, hoping that Ashton would copy his thoughts.
"What a cute couple," another voice crowed. Nolan knew now that whoever it was was attempting to draw out a response.
"He's a pervert in that case. And gay," the first voice cackled, enjoying herself. "I bet he's one of those creepy guys who hides kids in his basement."
Yup. That had him. As he was preparing to spin and throw himself on the duo, Ashton took the first move.
In the corner of his eye, Ashton dramatically turned, his jaw aggressively falling as he cussed, his fists balling beside him.
Nolan turned as well, preparing to pull his kid-brother back in an effort to avoid a fight. Instead of city attire, the duo wore grey outfits and pokeballs along their waistline. That didn't stop Ashton, who was already in the action as he threw his fist forward, meeting it with the male Plasma officer's face.

- - - -

continuing soon

ashton is basically nolan but in a much worse version lol
and he's 10. for the love of god nolan control your brother.

Last edited:
Opeculid had a large fall from grace. Once home of the strong, the prideful, and home of wonderful dragon Pokemon...what had happened to it?

If any cities were rocked by Plasma's takeover, it was Opeculid who received the brunt of it. Perhaps it was the head strong trainers and gym leaders, who boasted some of the most powerful dragons in Unova at the time. Maybe it was the equally strong trainers and "attractions" such as the battle house, or perhaps the connection to Victory road and the subsequent Pokemon League (However, a rockslide had destroyed both three years back, which, unsurprisingly, Plasma did zero to fix.) As such, the city had become infested with plasma grunts, and their spread of propaganda. Everywhere one could look, from closed shops to disused bus stops was posters proclaiming "Keep Unova peaceful! Join Plasma for a better world!" Yeah, cause ripping apart families was terrific. General panic and interruption of a life that they had grown accustomed to was great. But, one thing on these posters stood out as one of the sole reasons one would join plasma.

The prospect of once again controlling a Pokemon.

It was a very subtle detail on those Posters, which detailed perks of being a Plasma Agent, but it was enough to fool naive, young, trainers into thinking "I can get my Pokemon back!" Unfortunately, one was a assigned a random Pokemon, so the chances of getting your personal Pokemon back was low. But, once your in, it's likely one had scraped their old jobs for this new one, and so one was stuck. It was a devious and clever plot, she had to give them that.

But not everyone agreed with these posters and propaganda being haphazardly placed around town. No, there were some silent protesters who simply ripped them off. Others, maybe they defaced them. Perhaps a "Don't" over the Join, or juvenile insults plastered over them. But one went above the call, by doing something she never thought she do in years.

----

Almost done. Pea took a moment to admire her work so far. A trail of black spray painted with 'X's over Posters, leading to a set of words proclaiming "FIGHT FOR FREEDOM, FIGHT BACK PLASM" At the moment, she was finishing the A in Plasma. It was impressive, might take a few weeks to take down, unless they invested in a pressure washer. The young rebel finished the final details, but a noised caused her to mess up the line on the A.

"Hey kid, whatere' you doing?"

She slowly cocked her head around to come into view of bright light, and the source, the siloutte of a Plasma Grunt.

Pea choked as words attempted to sputter out. "I, uh, em...I. Er...eh...What am I doing?" Damn, it was going great too...

"That's not the answer I want!" The man charged over. He was older, and was a little taller than the girl. And miles more muscular. "I believe you'll be coming with-" He didn't finish his sentence. This man, half way through the sentence, had been reaching his arm out for Pea small wrist (in comparison to his hands, at least), and in a fit of panic, shot out a stream if spray paint on his face.

Then she ran. Ran like no tomorrow. How did she slip up? In the last three years, this was the fourth...fifth time? She had been caught. But tonight stakes were higher. Much more so, since of course the night she had to be caught on was the day she decided to bring along her Bisharp. Lady luck had left her that day, it seemed. Calls from behind her signified that the man had recovered from the spray paint and was most likely charging her down. When a jet of water shot by her, it meant even worse things for her. He obviously owned another Pokemon, and was most likely still on her.

"Fine, you want to play that way?" She skidded to a halt, bringing the angered man and his Pokemon... Was that a Wartotle? Oh, this wasn't time for speculation! "Carrot, let's do this!"

The Bisharp burst out of it's ball, frightened but excited. It was something he hadn't expected in a long time: a actual fight!

"W-what?" The Grunt stood surprised for a moment. "Nevermind! Wartotle, Scald!" The turtle charged up the blast of steamy water, which gave Pea moments to react.

"Now, Slash it quickly!"

Carrot's bladed arms opened, revealing sharp blades. Perhaps a tad dull from disuse, but they would still hurt. He knocked into the Wartotle with so much force, he smashed it into the grunt. Unfourtunately, the Water type had still got the Scald off, burning the right side of his torso and part of his arm. The grunt was definetely going to need time to recover.

"Alright Carrot, now lets book it!"

Pea was off, with Carrot lagging not far behind her. The man recovered from the Turtle smashing into his pelvis and lower ribs, and was more than a little pissed as such. As long as he patrolled those streets, that girl better not step a foot in Opeculid! Too bad he didn't get a good look at her. She wore mainly black and had a scarf around her mouth and nose, along with a black beret hiding the mess her hair was. Still, he could alert the local base to look out for the vandal, who'd get her out on a region wide scale...then she'd be screwed.

He finally got a good look at his own Pokemon. The turtle had a large dent from the slash on his Shell. "Get over it." The angered grunt told the creature, gawking at it's injury. "It'll heal."

-----

Pea had gotten away, but at what cost? She wasn't even aware of her location at the moment. It was Route 9...maybe? It was hard to tell in the woods. "We can stop running now." She told Carrot, who was still suffering from the burns. They were in a heavily wooded area of some sort, the ground muddied and coated in dead leaves.

Pea sat down next to a tree, a peculiarly comfy one for some reason. The Bisharp followed suit, which let her see the injuries he had sustained. "That Scald got you good, huh?" Carrot didn't respond. "I can fix you something in the morning. It's immposible to find anything good right now."

An hour later, Carrot's metallic head rested on her shoulder as she felt guilt lie on her shoulders. After her Mother's death, shortly before the takeover, her father had gotten into a 'state' as well. She had been caring for him every since. His condition worsened when he lost his pride and joy pokemon, but he had been getting better. Hopefully he be fine for a while without her. Yet, just like the hope glimmering at the bottom of the her heart, a feeling like death layed there too.

One that said her father wouldn't be there for much longer...

((Sorry for Giant awkward post, hopefully it is good. Wanted to get something out there.))

(It's just fine if you control two characters! If you wish to make Ashton a major character though, make sure to fill out a character sheet for him. :)

No worries @BurbleBurble ; since we have about four different stories going on, it's ok if your posts are super duper long. :))

Irene was by the fountain. Despite the rain, the fountain was still spurting water from its depths, the rainwater mixing in with the perfectly clear and pristine water of the fountain; tainting its purity. The sky was still crying, but the rain seemed to be letting up and it's dreary reign would end in good time. Irene pulled her raincoat's hood over her head, covering most of her bright blonde hair and removing it from her face. She pulled out a worn brown notebook from the abyss of her bag, and carefully held it under her raincoat to prevent it's aging, yellowed paper from smearing the ancient ink that manifested within it's timeless pages. Her head acted as extra cover from the rain as she scanned the pages quickly. Something had bothered Irene since her encounter with those Team Plasma members, and her grandfather's book of endless knowledge was the only way to put her racing mind to rest.

"What kind of Pokemon are they known to use?" Irene muttered under her breath. Bright Hazel/ blue eyes searched through a page underlined and titled, 'History of Regional Organizations: Unova's Team Plasma.' Beneath the neat line separating the heading and the body, many words were scrawled in much less neat handwriting. A few specific series of words caught Irene's gaze, a small note saying, 'Note: Make sure to thank to Cedric for researching this!'. The line puzzled her. Cedric Juniper is the current Unova Professor, Professor Aurea Juniper's, father. However, her grandfather must have been in his younger years when requesting the research, because Irene has heard that Cedric Juniper retired from researching four years ago after the takeover, not to mention that research on a regional organization must have taken a lot of work and time. She shook her head. Her grandfather's relationship with Cedric Juniper was distracting her from her real intentions behind reading through the journal.

'Team Plasma is know to use Purrlion, Patrat, Trubbish, Scraggy, Sandile and their evolutionary lines. However, as of two years ago, Team Plasma has been sighted training and using Joltik and its evolutions, Roggenrola and its evolutions, Gothita and its evolutions, and Sneasle and its evolutions.' Sneasle? That was a curious one. Out of all the Pokemon that could be found in Unova, Sneasle are extremely rare and cannot be found unless certain areas are searched extensively. Even coming from Kalos Irene knows that. Catching enough Sneasle to supply a large amount of people, not to mention that Sneasle have quite the cocky and misbehaving personality to them, and most require very well trained trainers in order to handle and train them correctly. However, if used correctly, Weavile is extremely deadly fast and its attack is off the charts. Irene could imagine that Weavile's dazzling speeds, paired with its ability to use ice attacks, would be a match in heaven for catching whomever the commander wishes. Running from such a speedy Pokemon would be futile, and the ice attacks can make for ground that is so slippery that balance is a thing of the past.

Irene, as per usual, cannot stay still no matter what she is participating in, so she found herself a block away from the fountains at that point in time. Sometimes she ever surprised herself; walking while reading and somehow miraculously dodging everyone walking around her. Irene did notice, however, that the block she had wandered into do have a limited amount of passerbys. Something was wrong. The rain poured down as incessantly as it had for the past hours, but it was quiet. Too quiet. There had to be something going on in Nimbasa, a laugh, a cry of frustration, the ringing of a cell phone, the chatter of groups of friends...something. But there seemed to be nothing, nothing at all in the block. Irene looked up from the journal; turning her gaze to the forever grey sky, and then scanning the nearby area. Feeling somewhat insecure, not to mention the feeling of being watched has returned, Irene slyly replaced the worn journal into her bag and pulled her raincoat over the white shoulder bag. And she sure glad she put her books back, because it happened to fast; Irene didn't have any time to ponder what had happened.

"Ack!" A small cry of surprise of the impact escaped her lips, followed by someone muttering an apology. Irene spun around to only catch a glimpse of the offender turning a corner. Another few sets of footsteps raced towards her, making the event much more complicated than Irene first imagined. A few Team Plasma members stood in front of her, obviously angered by something and the conviction to catch someone shone in their eyes. "Hey! Did you see that kid? Where'd he go? Can you point us in the right direction. He's armed and dangerous!". Irene found herself faced with a choice. 'Team Plasma. Nobody is on their side, but should I help them? Who was that person, why were they running? If they're dangerous, I can't just let them run around the city, what if they're willing to attack a girl like the one I helped earlier?' She thought, frustrated. With a quick displeased sigh, Irene made her choice.

"I think I saw them run around that corner." She pointed in the general direction that she had seen the person escape to. "However, what is he armed with? Is he a huge threat?" Irene asked, but didn't even wait for an answer. "Anyways, good luck. Bonsoir." Irene walked off in the direction that the Plasma members and the person who bumped into her came from, waving her hand in a halfhearted goodbye. She cringed at her decision; what if she just sent Team Plasma after a Pokemon supporter? What if she just sentenced an innocent person to a life in jail? However, in the other hand, did she just save an innocent child's life from a ruthless, dangerous person? Irene sighed in frustration, this was so difficult! Why and how had she gotten herself into that mess, Nimbasa's threat and Team Plasma's reign! With a quick glance over her shoulder, Irene checked that the Team Plasma members we not looking in her direction before dashing into an alley way similar to the one she had noticed the person dashing into.

The rain continued to fall. The shady buildings on either side of Irene seemed to be compressing her, making the young adult extremely nervous. It was the cave all over again...

"Snap out of it! Irene, seriously. Vous êtes pathétique!" She scolded herself, placing her ice cold hands onto her rosy checks with moderate force. Irene didnt have time to worry about her greatest fear. Her hands were beginning to become wrinkled because of the moisture, but they remained their normal icy cold temperature. Irene puller her hands back beneath the raincoat and scanned the area again. Her goal was one thing- to find whomever had bumped into her and question them before Team Plasma can arrest them. Irene was beyond nervous to encounter this supposedly extremely dangerous person, not to mention the fact she was purposely looking for this dangerous person. Her hands began to shake even beneath the raincoat. Her hood was still covering her head, but a streak of blonde hair had tugged free from the hood's clutched and was strewn over her shoulder. Irene continued to walk around, wringing her hands nervously.

Finally she had navigated the alleyways to be closer to where she had seen the person disappear. Irene remained silent, but gasped in surprise as she noticed that Echo's Pokeball fall and clatter against the ground. Her hand shot out and grabbed the tiny red and white ball faster than she even thought was imaginable, and sighed as she placed the sphere into a pocket sewn into the inside of her raincoat. Irene knew for a fact that her little-pocket-in-the-shirt thing was failing and the stitching was coming undone for whatever reason. She'd never used the pocket before coming to Unova, but it's lack of quality was probably due to her poor Tailorship skills. Irene glanced around, even more wary and nervous now that she had made a sound.

"Change of clothes?"
"bark!"
"Reusable water bottle?"
"Bark!"
"Ziplock bag?"
"Bark!"
"Uh...oh! Painted plastic mask?"
"...bark?"
"Oh, it's on my head."
Potchy snorted, a look of amusement on his fuzzy black and grey features.
"I think that's everything," Lady said, "Thanks for the help Potch, but you know the rules."
Potchy huffed, but went into his pokeball willingly. Lady tucked it in her scarf pocket, and pulled on the string bag. She closed her eyes, and put her kindness away. A look of steel takes over her face-her smile falls blank, her eyes harden like stone. She wasn't herself anymore, but someone else. She pulled the mask over her face, and glanced at her relflextion in the broken glass shard she held in her hand, the flatter, less jagged end wrapped in cloth. The mask was painted red, much like her hair, and had black half circles below each eye hole. Where the mouth would be, was a set of teeth, much like a punny skeletons grin.
Lady turned and left her tunnel, probably for the last time. It was time an uprising happened, and why not in the one town that had held its own for so long?

The sound of raindrops hitting the small roof that protected him was the only thing Oliver could hear while he lied on a wall. Eventually Uka decided to lean out from her hiding pplace to ask for something to eat, like she was doing right in that moment. "Another one Ma'lady?" he asked taking another piece of bread and throwing it to her. The Aipom squealed before starting eating once again.

Oliver felt lucky of having Uka as his company, the small Pokemon became the only person he could trust when Team Plasma took over the whole region. He remembered asking a really cool pokemon to his mother back when life was easier, something like a Milotic or a Altaria, the type of pokemon that catched people attention easily. Now he was glad she got him am Aipom. Uka was smart, funny, and really fast, independent enough to avoid being caught by team Plasma almost by herself.

The sound of steps alerted the both of them. Uka fastly went back to her hiding place, ready to get an encounter with Team Plasma. Oliver just stood there, looking to the ground, ready to pretend he was a street rat or something.

The first thing he saw was a nicely dressed girl walking through the streets, reading a book which's title he couldn't spot from the distance. She didn't seem to be from there, was she a turist? Why didn't she pick a place that wasn't in crisis?

Suddenly, a couple of guys ran past her, accidentaly bumping into her after what they continued on running. And then, of course, his best friends, Team Plasma grunts. "Hey! Did you see that kid? Where'd he go? Can you point us in the right direction. He's armed and dangerous!"

Her face denoted confusion after that question. Poor newcomer, she probably didn't understand how things worked in Unova. The girl pointed to them the direction they had ran to, after which the grunts retired too.

Oliver sighed relieved. Nothing thet he should worry about for the moment.

He continued to keep an eye on the girl, maybe she had something that might be of his interest, like jewelery or other high valued stuff... but she ended up to have something even more interesting. A smile crossed Oliver's face as he saw a pokeball fall from her pocket. 'So you're a trainer, huh?' he thought to himself as he began approaching her.

"Uhm... excuse me ma'lady," he said politely when he got close enough to her "but I'm affraid I caught you in possession of an illegal pokemon... are you aware of the illegality of that?"

One of the grunts was walking down the alley he happened to be in. Their were several, and all met at a central courtyard. Nathan cranked the volume up on his Walkman. With 'Seven Nation Army' blaring into his ears he turned the corner and got ready to subdue him.

The grunt didn't go down after the first hit. Nathan threw another hook, and he went down, with a broken nose. Unconcious but still very much alive.

He wrapped some boxing tape over his knuckles where it has started to bleed. He heard more foot steps, and he said out loud "This just got a whole more Intresting." He dashed down the street, vaulting over a small separator and then over a metal fence . This went on for some time until he had reached the central point and heard snippets of voices.

"... Don't you know that it's illegal to have Pokemon..?" He could see the young adult from his crouched position.

This was the sort of mess he would turn his head away from when he was younger. And even though the girl had turned him in, he didn't blame her. He had done enough turning his head and running from his problems.

"I wouldn't recommend trying that, sir." He added stepping out of the shadows. He dropped a pokeball. Their was a flash of light, and then a Bisharp stood beside him.

Nolan's heart skipped a beat as a thin streak of blood flew from the grunt's face. He could admit, though Ashton was just ten years old, he sure could pack a punch. In instinct to protect his brother from harm or a sentence to the big house-- which was obviously not the punishment a ten year old would be given for his actions, though Nolan, in that moment, was fearing the worst-- he yanked at Ashton's collar, sending him flying backwards.
Understanding Nolan's desperation instantly, the boy spun around, his round eyes locking on the nearest escape route as the Plasma officers recovered, barking threats.
They'd managed a fair distance between themselves and the officers, in gratitude to their spell of confusion. Their deceitful father of luck had shown its other side in short time, as other Plasma officers caught on to their escape, charging them.
Suddenly, a thick shaft of violet light tore through the air beside them, the work of a Pokemon.
Nolan noticed Ashton start to lag. "Not now, of all times!" the young adult hissed to himself as he took Ashton's arm, leading the way through Route 1.
The two officers that managed to keep up behind him didn't break pace. As Nolan began to consider handing himself over, Ashton suddenly switched directions through the thick brush.
Tree limbs bounced before them, though Ashton opened up a path for Nolan, taking the hits. Fate wasn't so forgiving on the duo behind them, however, as they were merely slapped and bruised to the choosy trail that the brothers led.
The siblings slowed upon notice that the noise behind them had stopped, believing that the chase was over.
They caught their breaths, doubling over in quiet appreciation for the thick forest's kindness.
"GOT'EM!"
A bright flash of yellow over their heads caught their attention. Looming above was a Joltik, who quickly sprayed a string of sticky defeat at their torsos. A Plasma member approached the two, a smug expression worn on her young face.
The Joltik worked quickly, wrapping the brothers in separate string confinement. A second member, of possibly the same age, joined the first. A Gothita found his side. A faint bruise had homed itself on his cheek, neighboring the thin nosebleed.
"You've a lot of explaining to do."
Nolan faced up with a cold remark. "As do you."
"What was the matter with you back there?" Ashton barked, an angry pulse expression practically sitting on his forehead.
"Just exercising my freedom of speech," he chuckled.

The two boys had gotten off with simply a serious scolding. An elder member had informed them that the two officers were fresh recruits, who'd not yet understood how things worked, and formally apologized about their behavior before addressing their other problem seriously, about Ashton's blowup.
Though the member acted understanding and kind, Nolan knew that it was an act, that he was hiding behind a fake demeanor. For what reason, he was lost, since most Plasma officers didn't care for outward appearance.. Or anything, actually.
"Horrible, horrible people," Nolan breathed to himself.
Ashton caught the words, glancing up at Nolan. "Plasma? Yeah. Someone should hand them a beating."
"Somebody already did," Nolan reminded him, a grin tugging the corners of his lips, ruffling his brother's hair.
Ashton was caught in confusion before returning his smile. "Wait 'til I tell Ma."
"Oh, about that. Tell her about this and it'll be the end of you."
A moment passed by in silence.
"You know what?"
"What?" the elder brother responded.
"We forgot to go to the market."

- - - -

this is the moment where nolan cusses a storm.

Last edited:
Safe, maybe? Irene had frozen in place after dropping the Pokeball. She felt like a peice of prey, and her predator was right around the corner; oblivious to her presence until she moved. The rain seemed to subside slightly, and the drizzle was much more welcoming than the awful, dreary weather that had been taking place for the whole day up until that point. Slowly but carefully, Irene removed her raincoat's hood, testing the shaky waters. With her fast beating heart and adrenaline pulsing through her veins, the young adult took a single step forward, expecting and desperately hoping that silence met her, but her luck of dodging Team Plasma had already run out for the day.

In the distance Irene thought she heard some sort of scuffle, but she pushed the off as a non-threatening sound for the time being. That was until she froze up in pure terror at another's voice, one much, much closer than the one she heard earlier.

"Uhm... excuse me ma'lady...but I'm afraid I caught you in possession of an illegal pokemon... are you aware of the illegality of that?"

It was her worst nightmare. Someone had saw her. They witnessed the slipup- and just when she thought she was safe. Irene took no time in spinning around to face the user of the voice she had heard only a moment before. Swiftly she tried to think her way out of that situation. 'I could play dumb. Play... Kalos native who is yet to speak English and is lost. This person seems more... Intelligent somehow compared to the Team Plasma Grunts from earlier. That wouldn't work! What if he saw me reading the journal? Then he'd know for sure that I knew English. But... That's slim considering that I've traveled quite a bit since I closed the book..." Her mind raced a million miles an hour trying to trick her way out of the mess she had dug herself into.

1...2...3...4...5... Too many seconds! Irene knew she had taken too long to respond, especially with her heart racing that fast. Any normal person would have responded the instant they were discovered.

"I.... Yes I do," Irene stuttered, unsure if her response would be a smart choice or not. Probably the or not. "...however there is a Pokemon inside that Pokeball and I'm not afraid to fight you to keep this Pokemon in my possession- be it I release the contents of this Pokeball or a physical fight." She almost winced at her decision. "Oh good Arceus I'm screwed." Irene breathed under her breath, a deep sinking feeling of hopelessness lodging itself into her heart.

She had always had a bad history with her quick decisions. Irene had just thought up a plan only seconds earlier, but she completely went against all logic her mind screamed at her to use. Like always, her fear had driven her decision in threatening to fight to keep Echo in her possession. Why though? Why had she made the most simple, but overall worst mistake she had ever made?

Irene moved her hand to her pocket within the raincoat- the one cradling Echo in it's possession. Her fingertips grabbed hold onto the slick, red and white surface of the sphere and gradually let it roll into the palm of her hand. Maybe this newcomer hadn't seen the slight action, or maybe he did. It didn't really matter though, because Echo was placed in her palm and Irene was ready to drop it to release the Noibat.

It wasn't more than a second or two later when she heard something else. Any professional physical fighter of any sorts would know not to ever turn your back to your opponent, but in her slight fear and paranoia that not one, but two people had figured out about her prized possession, Irene did just that. She spun around to face the person who bumped into her earlier, the one she ratted out.

Irene nearly fell over in guilt as she was faced with the person she almost allowed to spend quite a bit of time in jail. However, as she did notice, he was not in jail nor did he seem the slightest bit worried of being discovered. She wasn't quite sure to feel thankful that she didn't send a potentially innocent person to jail, or to question this person's reasoning behind blatantly doing what he did.

"I wouldn't reccomend trying that sir."

In a flash of light, a Bisharp appeared in a flash of light, striking a long gone feeling of excitement over seeing a well trained Pokemon into the young adult. However, an odd feeling of complete disbelief followed the excitement.

"Are you insane?" Irene hissed, but her face showed no emotion of anger in the slightest, but instead a mixture of confusion, guilt, disbelief and fear were shown. "First I tell Team Plasma where you ran off to, and now you're risking Team Plasma seeing your Pokemon?" She added. Irene opened her mouth to add something, but decided against it. Irene knew that she should thank him for siding with her, but at that moment, Irene was far too proud and nervous to tell anyone that.

((Haha, I'm was tempted to just post in French. For whatever reason this roleplay is seriously making me want to walk outside and talk to everyone in French.

Guys I'm just going to add to her character that Irene can talk in French. >_<))

"Do you think I care what Plasma thinks? Just a honest question." He said turning his head to the shady character.

"I'd think it would be best if you made your exit soon, miss. I'll keep in touch." He said pressing a Dusk Ball into her hand.

"As for you, I know somethings up. Oliver, right? That's your name. You a Plasma supporter or something. That's a little hypocritical? Don't you think. Seeing as you've got a Pokemon as well." He said coldly.

Oliver knew everything was going perfectly when he heard the girl's nervous response. Just some short psychological games and he'd have her paying how many money he wanted to in change of keep his mouth shush.

But Uka, still hiding, could see a third guy approaching the scene and it didn't look like he wanted to make some friends. The Aipom had to resist the need to go and stop him before her trainer was caught playing one of his tricks, but just a mistake and she could end up being taken by Team Plasma.

"I.... Yes I do," she surprisingly answered to Oliver "...however there is a Pokemon inside that Pokeball and I'm not afraid to fight you to keep this Pokemon in my possession- be it I release the contents of this Pokeball or a physical fight."

"Oh, no. I think you aren't getting my point." he said calmly, keeping a wide smile on his face "You see, I'm just a common citizen who doesn't want to get in troubel caus-"

"I wouldn't recommend trying that, sir." Interrupted someone emerging from the shadows, suddenly taking a pokeball from his poket, unleashing a appeareantly well trained Bisharp... looking dangerously ready for a fight.

"Are you insane?" hissed the girl that was about to give him some money until the I'm-so-badass dude appeared "First I tell Team Plasma where you ran off to, and now you're risking Team Plasma seeing your Pokemon?"

"Do you think I care what Plasma thinks? Just a honest question." he asked back "I'd think it would be best if you made your exit soon, miss. I'll keep in touch."

"As for you, I know somethings up. Oliver, right? That's your name. You a Plasma supporter or something. That's a little hypocritical? Don't you think. Seeing as you've got a Pokemon as well." He said coldly as he turned to him once more.

Oliver was used to dealing with angry people, that was part of his daily life. The problem was that now he was dealing with a angry guy who had a really threathening pokemon...

"Okay, let's calm down..." he said, trying to keep cool "I don't know why you know my name or if I do have a pokemon or not, but I don't really feel like having a fight right now, I'm a peaceful man trying to carry out my duty as a citizen... or well, sort of."

He snapped his fingers, giving Uka a sign to go with him. The Aipom fastly obeyed, running besides her trainer and fastly climbing to his shoulder. "I think there should be some Plasma's grunts nearby and it turns out that this little girl here can be super loud when she wants to... isn't that right, Uka?" the Aipom just nodded in response, keeping her innocent smile intact "So... what do you guys say? I could ask her to stay quiet just for some coins... what do you guys think?"

Oliver wasn't completely sure if that would work... he already knew he would end up running of someone, wether it was the Bisharp grunt or some Team Plasma grunts. He wasn't affraid of having his Aipom using uproar anywais; Uka was fast, she would be able to get away fast enough to avoid getting caught... the problem was the excuse he'd have to come with.

Lady stepped into town, her glass blade pointed at the old man who caught her eye. He paled to a shade lighter than Siberian snow, but stayed silent. She slowly walked,her scarf fluttered behind her as if she were in a dramatic anime. The man stood slowly, his sketchy hair and hole filled mouth opened and he spoke in a rusty voice, very, very quietly, "Who are you?"
Lady turned and tilted her head, and spoke in a ghost like manner, "Flare."
The man's eyes widened, "Flare? As in team flare?"
Lady shook her head again, and pointed her knife at one of the patrolling grunts that had yet to see her, "Flare of the revolution."

And the man understood. He snatched a rock up from the ground and chucked it at the grunt, "FR!"
With the code phrase of the Nuvema revolution group out in the sound waves, the town awoke. Most were day-sleepers now, always prepared for another attack, and the town burst into flame. The eight grunts went down fast under the hands of the thirty-three town members, all tied up with their pokeballs stolen and in the hands of the towns citizens. Lady slowly walked up to the first grunt, a young woman who trembled with terror and skin that resembled the pale of her hair.
Lady said softly, "Are you truly Plasma?"
The girl shook her head frantically. Lady brought the glass shard up to her face, and slowly made a shallow cut. Blood dribbled slowly, and the woman let out a wail. Lady cut her loose, "Get out of here, and never return."
The woman scrambled to her feet, clutched her cheek in one hand, and bolted on her own two feet.
Lady moved onto the next, who spit in her face. She closed her eyes, "Very well. Do you know where Ego Skyland is?"
The man only spit at her again.
"Johnny stop," one of the other grunts pleaded. One of the towns folk whispered quietly to another town member that Lady should just kill him.
Lady tensed, "Murder won't solve anything."
The towns man huffed and took out his own knife, "I'll do it for you."
Lady glanced back at him, "Then you are just as bad as them."
She moved onto the next grunt, who looked up at her with a faint smile and a bloody nose," You got this kiddo."
Lady cut him free without a word, and watched as he walked away. She knew the citizens were protesting behind her, but the sixteen year old couldn't bring herself to care. She glanced at the other men, all of which hadn't moved once. They were littered with blood, and after close inspection, Lady felt her kindness scream with an almost tangible terror. The other five men were already dead.

"Do you think I care what Plasma thinks? Just a honest question." The new person said, making Irene actually question her ability to catch onto people's opinions. She gave herself some slack, considering she's known this person for a whopping...what... Thirty seconds?

"I'd think it would be best if you made your exit soon, miss. I'll keep in touch." He said, giving a Dusk ball to Irene. The young traveler was comepletly dumbfounded by the action. With little thought, she knew instantly that this Dusk Ball had a Pokemon in it. There was a difference between the empty shell of a Pokemon, and this certainty had the comforting weight of something residing within the Pokeball. It was very tempting, to simply dash off without second thought to get herself out of that situation. However, some small voice in the back of her head begged Irene to stay, and for whatever reason, she listened.

"As for you, I know somethings up. Oliver, right? That's your name. You a Plasma supporter or something. That's a little hypocritical? Don't you think. Seeing as you've got a Pokemon as well." Did these people know each other? Irene simply watched the scene play out, wondering if she should intervene. Eventually she just bit her tongue and let them debate it out.

"Okay, let's calm down..." It was very obvious that the appearance of the person with the Bisharp shook the his cool confidence. "I don't know why you know my name or if I do have a pokemon or not, but I don't really feel like having a fight right now, I'm a peaceful man trying to carry out my duty as a citizen... or well, sort of."

'I knew it, there's a catch to it.' Irene thought somewhat angrily. 'He didn't seem like the innocent person that simply saw her Pokemon and presented he didn't see anything.' For whatever reason, she smiled. Irene couldn't help the involuntary grin of utter disbelief that spread across her face. She wasn't happy at all, but a weird, warm feeling in her stomach began to grow larger as the scene continued to play out.

"I think there should be some Plasma's grunts nearby and it turns out that this little girl here can be super loud when she wants to... isn't that right, Uka?... So...what do you guys say? I could ask her to stay quiet just for some coins... what do you guys think?"

"Do you think that your... Uka there... Could out run grunts here? In an alleyway?" Irene asked genuinely, thinking of all possible situations in this scenario. The warm feeling spread to her chest, and it was such a weird feeling that Irene had to laugh. "Ha, ok. I'm getting so nervous right, now I'm not kidding." She said shakily, unsure of how to deal with a situation like this. 'Irene! Don't loose your cool.' She told herself, and stopped wringing her hands beneath her raincoat. Irene has to admit, she's made her worst decisions she's ever made within the past twenty four hours, but her newest idea took the cake.

"Here. Echo." Irene said simply, dropping the Pokeball in her hand. In a flash, a Noibat emerged from the Pokeball. He flapped his wings a few times before landing on Irene's shoulder, staring blankly out in front of him with his milky, blind eyes. The way he twitched occasionally told the traveler all she needed to know. Echo was reading the surroundings, using sound waves to predict where the easiest way to fly would be. It was habit for the bat Pokemon, but it couldn't have worked out more perfectly. Irene rolled her shoulders, and Echo flapped up an inch above her head. She handed his Pokeball and the Dusk ball to Echo, who held the Pokeballs in his feet.

"So. As soon as your Uka makes some noise, Echos going to fly off. I won't have a single Pokeball in my possession. He," Irene pointed at the Bisharp trainer, "has already escaped from Team Plasma, and I bet he could do it again. We'd all be here, without Pokemon, and Team Plasma wouldn't have any proof to arrest any of us." She said, hoping that this Oliver person overlooked that many Team Plasma members arrest for fun, but Irene kind of knew that, since he was a native, or so she thought, he probably knew that.

Last edited:
Baker woke with a groan as he heard the loud cacophonous sounds of a fist banging on his back kitchen door and craned his neck to try and look through the window on the other side of the room- attempting to see just who it was that was disturbing his much needed rest. Failing to see anyone, the young man groaned once more in annoyance as he gave up his efforts to get a look at just who this uncivilized barbarian was, and irritably shouted at the person making the obnoxious racket in hopes that he or she would leave him alone.

"Whoever the hell you are, if you don't leave and let me have my goddamn sleep, then I swear to Arceus that I'm going to come out an-"

A harsh, barely audible whisper of an aged man interrupted him, surprising the angry young man from both the familiarity and urgency of the voice.

"Baker! It's me, open the door. Quick!"

Flying towards the doorway, the black haired youth ignored the dull throbbing ache of his thigh and hastily unlocked the metal lock with a fumbling hand before practically ripping his door wide open. He was rewarded with the sight of a plump formally-dressed aged man who looked like he was just about to implode from an intense anxiety attack.

"Mayor? What are you doing here?"

"Oh it's just terrible Baker," the mayor lamented with a wail. "The townspeople are in an absolute uproar!"

Baker stood in shock as he heard the news. "...Uproar?"

"Yes!" The mayor continued as he started slobbering in his panic, covering the young man's face, to his abject horror, with his saliva. "Just what am I going to do? What if their main HQ hears about this? Will they come and arrest me? Make me take responsibility? Baker you're the only one I can rely on, w-what should I do?!"

The youth in question merely stared blankly at the mayor before breaking out of his reverie with a start. A feeling of dread starting to pool in his gut for the second time that day as Baker felt a grim premonition seep into his heart. Dryly swallowing before nervously licking his suddenly parched lips, the Nemia opened his mouth and slowly asked a question.

"Mayor. Why are the townspeople in an uproar?"

The round man shot his hands out, grabbing onto Baker's shoulders in an iron-grip, shaking him in his panic, while looking into his eyes with blood-shot frantic eyes and whispered in quiet hysteria.

"They're rebelling."

Baker felt the disquiet trepidation in his heart fully bloom into an ugly, yet at the same time, utterly beautiful flower of excitement.

~...~

Baker sprinted through the dense forest in reckless abandon, trying his best to make it through to the town as fast as he could in order to help out in whatever way he could.

Rebellion. Finally...Finally a chance. A chance to change things. A chance to live a normal life with Helpless. A chance to finally have his revenge.

Once he had finally broken out of his second reverie, Baker had rushed back into the house and grabbed his black rain jacket off the nearby coat rack. Quickly pulling on the piece of clothing over his white dress shirt and dark leather suspenders, the blue eyed youth then proceeded to swipe a large side bag hanging off a chair before grabbing Helpless off the floor, who squawked in displeasure at being suddenly awoken, and stuffed him in the said bag. The blue eye'd youth then ran out the doorway, swiftly shutting the door behind him as he left, and thanked the dumbfounded mayor before running off into the forest- leaving the poor distraught older man alone by the cottage.

He felt guilty for leaving the man alone instead of comforting him, but this was an important chance to change his life and he just wasn't willing to squander this precious opportunity. Mentally consoling himself with a promise that he would make it up to the man later, Baker started sprinting even faster than before through the green foliage.

After what seemed like and eternity, the black haired Nemia came to a stop at the town entrance while panting hard and with Helpless grumbling unhappily inside the brown canvas bag. It had been quite the bumpy ride for the Pokemon and the dragon type hadn't enjoyed the sudden trip through the forest at all. Feeling amused at the Axew's displeasure, Baker tapped the bag strapped onto his shoulder as signal for the Pokemon to quiet down along with a quiet promise that he would feed him with a cherri berry later as an apology. Helpless begrudgingly accepted the offer and decided to quiet down.

Proud dragons such as he shouldn't be disgracefully tossed around like some common merchandise, but he was willing to accept his mistreatment for now... The cherri berries were worth it.

Successfully negotiating with his partner and finally catching his breath, Baker hurriedly made his way though town before noting its empty streets and the muted tension in the air. Realizing that the rebellion may have ended, for better or for worse, the blue eyed youth decided to proceed with caution in case the insurrection had failed.

After sneaking through dark alleyways and in the shadows for several minutes, the Nemia came across a group familiar people surrounding something or someone and instantly recognized some of them as the townspeople he met on a regular basis back in the day. But amidst the group was a person he didn't recognize, her prominent features being her dark maroon hair and the intimidating black half-mask with white skeletal mouth etchings she wore on her mouth.

Seeing that the crowd was standing in an intense atmosphere, Baker craned his neck from the shadows and turned his head several ways to see just what they were encircling. It was only when a random townsman shifted away that the young man saw exactly just what they were surrounding and it made his blood run cold.

There, in front of him, were the dead bodies of five humans wearing plasma grunt uniforms with the expressions of both fear and hate carved onto their pale bloody faces.

Baker dimly perceived his knees lose strength as he collapsed onto the wet dirt and felt his mind permanently sear the horrible faces of each grunt into his brain.

He felt the tapestry of hopeful expectations and excitement in his heart fall apart at the seams, leaving him with only a cold hopeless despair weighing like an immovable boulder in his chest.

Frozen helpless from the horror, Baker's numb mind vaguely sensed his lips part without notice and a weak, hoarse, and desolate whisper escape from his throat like fragile glass.

"....Why?"

((OOC: Sorry for the delay. I had a rather busy day and didn't get a chance to post til now. :())

((OOC: I'm getting over excited now! Yay! XD))
((BIC))

Lady spun, her make-shift glass blade pointed in the new comers direction. He looked pained, and Lady's grip on her blade trembled.
"....Why?"
She didn't know why, she didn't kill these men! She too, wanted to know why. She turned to the citizens, and spoke calmly despite her disgust, "Who killed these men? The FR code means to capture and disarm, not murder. Some of these grunts were on our side."
The crowd burst into uproar, and one woman grabbed a rock and flung it at Lady. Lady moved just in time, but her kindness wailed in agony with in her. She tucked it far back, her gaze becoming blank. She slowly walked towards the woman, her crappy old converse kicking up rocks from the path as she went. She slowly tilted her head in the same fashion Potchy normally did, but with an entirely different meaning. And swung her blade. The woman screamed like a baby, and fled deeper into the crowd. Lady placed her thumb and forefinger against either side of the blade, and pushed the blood off. The woman would be fine, but Lady hoped the cut would scar her cheek.
Lady looked back to the new comer, "I am Flame, spirit of the revolution. Who would you be?"
The mayor trembled as he walked into town, "H-His name is Baker."
Lady frowned deeply from behind her mask, "Mr. Mayor, I'm sure our trainer friend can speak for himself."

Baker stared blankly at the corpses, his mind still hazy with fog as he vaguely heard the words spoken around him.

"Who kil... en? Th... FR co... means to ca... rm, not murd.... Som... ese grun... we.... side."

Then the world burst into a motion of blurry colors. Black, blue, brown, red, and several other colors that flashed before his eyes too quickly for his addled brain to comprehend. Then came the eerily familiar scream that brought Baker back to the world from his trance and upon turning his eyes to the side the muddled young man focused on the familiar back of the local grocery store owner, Mrs. Johanneson, diving into the sea of colors, her hands clutching her rosy cheek with a wild look of something in her eyes.

Was she running late again?
Baker thought bemusedly as he watched the kindhearted woman run off. She can be so clumsy sometimes, bet the townsfolk are lining up again, waiting impatiently for her to open up.

A firm strong voice interrupted his straying thoughts.

"I am Flame, spirit of the revolution. Who would you be?"

Baker turned his head towards the voice like a broken machine.

"H-His name is Baker," the mayor nervously sputtered by his side.

Mayor? Who was that again? ....Ah... yes, the mayor. He still needed to pay back his debts...When did he get here again? Baker slowly moved his eyes up, meeting two stormy orbs of grey that seemed to stare into his soul. It frightened him.

The voice came again, this time with a disapproving tone. "Mr. Mayor, I'm sure our trainer friend can speak for himself."

Trainer? ...Who? Him? How'd she know? Feeling the warning bells go off in his head like a harsh blinding siren, Baker woke from his vegetative state and slowly moved his hands towards his bag to check if his friend was still safely hidden within its depths. Grazing his hand against the rough surface of the moss colored canvas, the Nemia forced himself to relax as he felt the familiar breathing bumps and lines of his best friend before hatefully glaring at the threat before him as he tried to rouse himself from his still murky mind.

"What," Baker spat venomously. "Do you want?"

"What," Baker spar venomously, "Do you want?"

Lady didn't flinch, but her eyes filled with tears, "I wish for freedom, for Pokemon and humans to be reunited."
She looked to the grunts, "I did not kill these men. Three of them wanted freedom." She closed her eyes, remembering the cold and dead look on Larry's face, "One of them told me to start the revolution."

One of the citizens had a look of dawning on his face, "Lady Skyland!"

Lady flinched then, "My name is Flare. Lady doesn't want to be part of a revolution. Lady just wants her dad back."

And thus and revolt began- but not just against the Plasma grunts.
"Traitor!"
"Plasma lover!"

"Shut up!" Lady roared, "I am not Lady!"

She turned and swung at the loudest men, catching him in the face with the tip of he glass blade. He looked like a Magikarp out of water, and shakily brought his hand to his face. The crowd fell silent. Lady glared, "We are supposed to be united. United we stand, United we fall. We fell last time because we blamed each other. This time, we will work together."

She looked to one of the eight pokeballs she confiscated from the crowd, the one with the name "Locks" engraved in fake silver, "And we will bring justice."

She returned her steely gaze to Baker, "I want justice. And I'm hoping you won't try and stop me."

"I wish for freedom, for Pokemon and humans to be reunited." Baker paused.

"I did not kill these men. Three of them wanted freedom-"
the withered flower twitched.

"One of them told me to start the revolution." And then it fully bloomed once more, brighter and far more beautiful then ever before.

Revolution. A chance.

Multiple shouts or rage pounded into his ear, but were silenced by the sounds of movement and a single unshakable roar. He ignored the noise, his mind purely focused onto those two words that hung upon his heart like a frail lifeline and stared down at his clenched trembling hands.

More indiscernible words passed through his year and then more silence followed afterwards. A pause in the electrifying atmosphere.

Then her voice cut into his ear like knife through butter, bringing Baker out of his heart pounding thoughts.

"I want justice. And I'm hoping you won't try and stop me."

Hearing those ardent words Baker finally lifted his head towards the world and stared into the girl's eyes full of resolve, noting their moistness and realizing for the first time that this young woman was just as vulnerable and susceptible like any other human.

Soft blue eyes shone with a hint of cold and a pair of dry lips parted like a seam.

"I could care less about your naive crusade for justice," he bluntly stated. "But if I were to follow you, will you give me what I want?"

Baker slowly stood up from his knees, walking with unfaltering steps until he was standing only inches away from the younger girl in front of him, meeting her steely gaze with his own frosty chill.

"Will you give me revenge?"

((OOC: SCREAMING!))

"Will you give me revenge?"

"Arrrgh me matey!" Ty shouted, and pointed his stick at Lady, "What does ye scurry landlover like ye come to me for?"

"I have come to grant one wish!" Lady giggled dramatically, "I, Princess Belle, will grant you one wish!"

Ty had stayed silent for a moment, then said quietly, "Will ye give me revenge?"

"Oh, what am I to avenge you for, Pirate Fear?" Lady had asked.

"Avenge my dear brother!"

Lady fell still, her heart thumped with a nearly forgotten pain. She looked back to the citizens behind her, "Mark, I believe this Pokemon here is yours."
She tosses the pokeball to the black man who barely caught it. He stared wide eyed as Lady walked up to Baker, just as the others did. She rested the forehead of her mask against Baker's forehead, "I will kill for those who are loyal. Trust me, and I will trust you."

She looked back to the citizens around her, "You all have betrayed me, and while now you regret it, I will not take any of you with me." She slowly walked towards the crowd, "I will take Baker with me to the next city, and we will set this revolution ablaze. If you wish to give me your sorrow, you will help start the uprising else where." She took five of the six remaining pokeballs and released the Pokemon. A raichu, a starly, a togikiss, an absol, and a Arbok all stared at her in surprise as she handed them each their pokeballs, "Find your trainers, go!"
They fled, and Lady glanced to the pokeball she still held, the one with the name engraved on it, and tucked it into her scarf pocket and turned to Baker, "Yes, I will give you revenge."

"I will kill for those who are loyal. Trust me, and I will trust you."

Baker stood silently, waiting for next words. She turned her back on him and addressed the dumbfounded crowd.

"You all have betrayed me, and while now you regret it, I will not take any of you with me." She took a step, then two, then three, then several more. "I will take Baker with me to the next city, and we will set this revolution ablaze. If you wish to give me your sorrow, you will help start the uprising else where."

And with a flurry of motion she took the five of the miniaturized pokeballs in her hand and threw them into the air, releasing the Pokemon contained within in flash of blinding of white. "Find your trainers, go!" The Pokemon left at the command, all of them fleeing in their own characteristic way, whether it be slithering, running or flying away.

The redheaded adolescent turned towards him, she stood there like the personification of fire. Strong, passionate, and unwavering like a bonfire in the dark. It reminded him of his mother and he felt the painful irony.

Flare of the revolution indeed, the black haired youth mused.

"Yes, I will give you revenge."

And Baker was satisfied. She had promised him what he desired most in this wretched world and that was all that mattered to him.

He kneeled on one knee, his scarred hand placed over his heart in sacred solemnity and bowed his head in servitude.

"I..."

"...Baker."

"Yes momma?"

"Baker Nemia..."

"Did you know that our family name came from an ancient line of Unovian bodyguards?"

Little five year old Baker scrunched up his face in disbelief. "bodyguards?" Why couldn't it be those cool knights?

"Pledge my life-"

His mother quirked an eyebrow. "You think your momma would ever lie to you?"

The little boy shook his head fervently, his momma didn't lie, it was impossible.

"To the cause of my liege-"

The demure woman smiled with all the kindness in the world.

"Good son."

"Flare. Of the revolution."

He could care less if the whole world burned to ashes. He, no- the kneeling man glanced at his bag, they would have their vengeance.

Lady slipped her string bag off her shoulders, and reached with in it, pulling out another mask. It too was read, with the black half-circles below each eye hole, but instead of the punny grin, there was a set of sharply pointed teeth curved into a grin. She remembered painting these, when the first Grunt she befriended told her if she wanted to make change, she couldn't be herself- Lady was too kind, too sweet, too trusting. Lady was thirteen then, and spent the next two years of her life seatching for a way to lock away her feelings and beliefs,
And she found it, she found a away, and Flare was born. Flare, her alternate self, the steely-eyed," you trust me first", murderer. She was lucky that Flare only came out when Lady allowed them to.
She handed Baker the sharp smiled mask, and reached out a hand to her sworn-in companion, and helped him off the ground.

"We shall leave at dawn, and shall meet up here," She said.

Slowly, she walked back towards the citizens, "Leave this town, flee! Some of you are cold blooded killers, others helped pass around word. Team Plasma will not be merciful."
She pulled a ton of string braclets out of her bag as well, each holding one red bead on the white yarn, like a backwards Canadian flag. She quietly gave each one to each cititzen, "These show you are on the side of the Flare. Now go."

The citizens scattered. Lady looked to the dead grunts, to Larry's unmoving body, "He had a son, a wife. He only wanted what was best for them." Her fists clenched, "I...I'll bring his son a Pokemon personally."

Lady turned back to Baker and the Mayor, and pulled off her mask. She whiped away her tears, and looked to Baker's bag, "Do you need a pokeball for that little guy? I h-have a few extras, hidden of course, but I-I can b-b-b-b...." She sucked in a mouth full of air, "...bring you one t-tomorrow."

Baker stood up as the girl helped him up on his feet, taking into his hands an ugly red mask with a sinister smile painted on its face as the redhead pushed it into his custody.

The young man gave the mask a dubious look. Was he.... Supposed to wear this?

"We shall leave at dawn, and shall meet up here."

Snapping his eyes up from the rather, in his opinion, stupid looking mask, Baker looked up to see the teenager walking back towards the shock-still townspeople, advising them to leave while handing out single beaded bracelets.

"These show you are on the side of the Flare. Now go."

The townspeople finally scattered. The masked girl turned her head towards the cool corpses littered on the ground before her, standing solemnly as she looked on quietly. Then she spoke.

"He had a son, a wife. He only wanted what was best for them." Her fists clenched, "I...I'll bring his son a Pokemon personally."

The girl then turned towards them using her fingers to slowly extract the mask from her face and Baker felt his heart clench with sadness. She looked young, far too young. Perhaps he himself didn't have the rights to say these words as he too had only just entered the realm of adulthood, but this young girl that looked no more than fifteen was still a young adolescent who should've been on her Pokemon journey. Happily catching, training, and bonding with Pokemon- spending her days in bliss. He knew that the girl before him was younger than he was, based on the hint of immaturity found in her voice, but not like this.
The blue eye'd youth felt his lips tug into a displeased frown. Just what was the world coming to?

Shaking his head, the young man cursed the cruel world once more before a soft kind voice flowed into his ear like smooth silk- interrupting his somber brooding.

"Do you need a pokeball for that little guy?"

Who?

Baker quickly scanned the area, before letting his eyes settle on the girl that stood in front of her. His eyes widening with incredulity.

Her-!?

"I h-have a few extras, hidden of course, but I-I can b-b-b-b...."
She paused, she had to take a pause, to take in a breath of air, "...bring you one t-tomorrow."

Was this the same person whose cause he had been pledged to? Was she still the same person that had suppressed the angry townsfolk? Baker felt both his disbelief grow and irritation flare as he looked into the nervous eyes that looked up at him with such unease. The stark contrast in personalities was far too much for him to handle. There should've been a limit to just how much a person was able to change in a split second like that damn it!

Baker felt utterly cheated. He had left his fate in the hands of a girl like this... Just what the hell did he get himself into...

Shutting his eyes in helpless defeat, Baker covered his face with a palm and sighed as he begrudgingly relinquished himself to his fate.

"Yeah. Sure," he said with a deflated voice. "Do whatever you want."

'He thinks your stupid, just a child,' A quiet voice in Lady's head whispers. Lady watched as he covered his face with his hand, "Yeah. Sure. Do what ever you want."

"I-I'm sorry," Lady said slowly in an attempt to hide her stutter, "I was trying to...Nevermind."
With in her mind, Lady shoved herself back, and allowed Flare, the crazy, yet emotionless version of herself to step forwards, and she felt her eyes and face become steely and expressionless, "Perhaps allowing myself to come out for a moment there was a mistake."
Lady pulled out her own Pokeball, and stared for a moment, "If you really believe I'm just some stupid ass kid, you've got the wrong idea."
She pulled her mask back into place, "I understand if you don't want to wear the mask. They're rather childish, but I didn't like the plain white, I felt like a horror movie serial killer wearing it. The mask is more to hide my identity than to be some childish joke."
She turned and walked off towards the bodies, and sat down in front of them. It didn't look as if she would be moving for a while.

Oliver had to admit that, for being an outsider, the girl was pretty smart. Oliver smiled playfully "Okay, got it." he said raising his hands "You actually have something in that head of yours that isn't contests and eeveelutions." he answered since that was the image he had created for that kind of outsider. "How do you know those things about team Plasma anyways? You don't seem to come from here... you have that little funny thing in your accent... Wait, let me guess..." he stood in silence for a minute "Kalos, right? Great place to live, I would have stayed there if I were you, as you may have noticed Unova isn't too fun right now... not if you don't know how to take care for yourself." Oliver winked an eye. He didn't manage to catch the pokemon but hey! She was still a girl and sheprobably had money! He could still get a coffee or something from her... if she forgot that he tried stealing her pokemon first. Ups?

Uka, smiling from Oliver's shoulder stared blakly at Echo, none of them with much of a feeling in their eyes. She was already tasting the cakes they would have bought if they had managed to steal him, sad thing Oliver gave up so easily. She was sure he would've gotten the chance to catch it if it wasn't for the third party. The bat pokemon didn't seem much of a problem, a few swaggers and it would've been completely lost in the alleway... but then there was that Bisharp, such a serious pokemon... why would someone keep it? It seemed so boring... Maybe she could try to cheer it up, just for the moment.

Uka glinced the Bisharp and started making grimace to him in an attempt to make it do something more interestin than... well, standing.

((OOC: I think that it's already too obvious that I didn't know how to post... I hope it's decent enough))

The water under Pea's feet splashed as she walked the streets of Nimbasa. She had gotten there by train: Nothing was left for he in Opeculid, vandalizing would be dangerous after the previous night: Mr.Spray painted face wanted her blood. Or her Bisharp, one or the other.

She had changed into something less conspicuous, just normal dress. She still had her black clothes though, in the case she did want to expand her "art" horizon. But walking the wet streets, she had something different to do. Find a job. Someone had to need a job done here, right? Maybe a shelf stocker, or janitor, or...something! The point was, if there was a job, Nimbasa must've had one.

As she walked by alleyways however, she saw a group of people...four, perhaps, discussing something. Kalos, Plasma, normal talk for Nimbasa...wait. There was no "fourth person".

That was a Bisharp.

Now she wanted to see this for herself. Bisharp were her favorites after all, and maybe this group could use a little backing up, y'know?

Striding into the group like she belonged there, a big dumb grin on her face, she quietly asked, "I know this is rude and all, but who own's that Bisharp?"

((Sorry for that small post and nearly killing the rp >-> I had like 9-12 paragraphs typed but then deleted it like AN IDIOT so have this one instead))