• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

dont know if this counts whats your favorite mmorpg

massive multiplayer online roleplaying game for those of you who dont know

mine was maplestory
i liked it becauseof the art style, i had tons of friends that played, and it was unique because it was a side scroller.
i no longer play but if anyone else does you can have my account pm me (i want a female eevee for it thats all i ask for in return)
i also like runescape thats what got me into mmorpg i get in every now and again to see whats new

ehh.. i was hoping other people would post here giving me other ideas of good a mmorpg to play, because they're my favorite genre of games. For my favorite, I'd probably have to say runescape cuz it's the only mmorpg that I play alot. I can only name a few others: Club Penguin,Puzzle Pirates,Habbo Hotel; most of them I haven't gotten into.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just to be completely unoriginal, my favourite MMORPG is World of Warcraft. It has the most intense and gripping gameplay experience out of all the MMORPG's I've played, not to mention some incredible in-game locations and boss battles. PvP is amazing too, and brilliantly good fun. Although it's certainly not the best game I've ever played, it's definitely a great game and the best MMORPG I've ever played by far.

Other MMORPG's I've played are:

- RuneScape. I cannot tell you how much I hated this game - I don't think there's a word strong enough to describe it. It marks the first time I have ever openly mocked a game on a constant basis because I hated it so much, and I generally refer to it as "R00nscape" to express my severe dislike of it. No offense to anyone who likes it who may be offended by the extremity of my hatred for it.

- MapleStory. Good for a free MMORPG, although the god-awful player community was very off-putting (again, no offense, but anyone who has played MapleStory for a long period of time will probably know what I mean here.) Good job it was free to play really, because I would never have payed to play it, that's for sure.

- Final Fantasy XI. Just like Spirits Within really....Final Fantasy only in name. Granted, the usual spells, monsters etc. were there, but the usual gripping and fun FF experience was nowhere to be found. I stopped playing WoW so I could play this....about 3 days later I was back on WoW and FFXI was never played again.

- Legend of Mir. Second best MMORPG I've played, with MapleStory coming in a close third (which shows how securely WoW holds first place for me ;D.) Basically, it's what RuneScape should have been. The RTS-style interface and camera angle appealed to me since I have been a big RTS fan since I was little (we're talking Warcraft I here!)

I'm not a particularly big MMORPG fan - as I say, the only one that really grabbed me was World of Warcraft, and that was due in part to my experience with Warcraft I.

- MapleStory. Good for a free MMORPG, although the god-awful player community was very off-putting (again, no offense, but anyone who has played MapleStory for a long period of time will probably know what I mean here.) Good job it was free to play really, because I would never have payed to play it, that's for sure.

I'm not a particularly big MMORPG fan - as I say, the only one that really grabbed me was World of Warcraft, and that was due in part to my experience with Warcraft I.

i know what you mean about maple story but if you have a couple good friends on its awesome
i like wow also but i cant afford it

I played Dark Age of Camelot for the longest time (I actually started on launch day) and just recently stopped. The end game RvR (PvP) is one of the best around. The only problem it has steadily declined as a game, and is starting to take a lot more umphh to run it right. The player community was pretty decent and I wouldn't have traded anything for my guild, they were a blast.

It would have to be WoW

My first MMO was FFXI...death penalty is just wrong,in fact i left because my white mage downleveled and LOST resurrection due to it

I also played linegae II...it just didn't seem to be as easily maneuvered as WoW,got bored very quickly due to the fact i couldn't figure out where to get quests

Guild wars and Maple story are the only ones that ever really got me into them.
Dut i don't play eather anymore. Guild wars because a game can only stay fur for so long once you have reacher the level cap.
And MP because the comunity sucked

I got into Runescape when I was in the 6th grade(i'm in 9th now) Because it had what I always wanted.

People. Yeah that's right.

I love how you could talk to other people from Iraq or Korea or England without paying alot to buy a 360 or something.

Plus it was fun.

I played Maple Story like crazy until I got to level 15, it got really boring! ;D
I only played because there was nothing else to do, mabey I will play once again some day?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The only mmorpg that I play is MapleStory, and even that I don't play much.

Okay, I lie. I play MapleStory, but not gMS. I play more on a private server.

I play Diablo 2 and have been playing for years. The community has been in constant decline but I'm always gripped by the nice gameplay and music. I've always wanted to Try WoW because it looks like great fun as well, being the most popular MMORPG it seems.

Guild Wars I've not played much but I have a friend who used to play it alot and it looks pretty good as well. That guy's currently into F-Zero GX for some reason.

Well of Souls is a not bad one. not very graphically appealing but interesting in it's own way. I've not played that in a real long while.

Runescape just plain sucks in my opinion. Sure there's people to talk to but that's not what I play a MMORPG for. the battles, skills, monsters, PvP, quests are all pathetic.
Maple Story sucks for the same reasons. The 2D business was a nice idea but it all didn't turn out well in my opinion.
And all these other free MMORPGs that are popping up out of nowhere, Flyff, Rapellz, legend of pirates, secret of the solstice, and i'm pretty sure Pirates of the Carribean, etc. all of those suck horribly for the reasons listed above, and the people in them are all moochers.

You haven't played a real MMORPG until you've played a Blizzard MMORPG...or Guild Wars.

You all fail. Every last one of you.

I played Star Wars: Galaxies, and back in its best days, it blew WoW out of the water. Player driven economy, no set class/talent build, and you chose your faction based off of you, not your race.

Given WoW was amazing. Played it for 2 1/2 years, but that's only cause SOE totally messed up Galaxies with the NGE.

Guild Wars was okay, but it got old for me quick. Somewhere in the area of 2 days.

Diablo 2 was amazing. Didn't play it as much as WoW or Galaxies, but I've been a fan of the series since Diablo first Released. So in favorite Order with Scores

Galaxies: 9
WoW: 8.5
Diablo2: 7
Guild Wars: 3

My Favorite MMORPG would have to be...... hmmmmmmmmm:

WoW: Very, Very, Very, Very fun. Cost too much though :(

Runescape: I play it, I liked it, but with the updates, it suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Outwar: I'm addicted

Guild Wars: Played once, not a fan