• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Dungeons and Dragons

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I was told that this is where this sort of thread is supposed to go, so here it is. After a long time searching, I have finally found a way to do Dungeons and Dragons online for free with minimal hassle and some neat features. The site is called Roll20, it has lovely features like 2D maps and models, character sheets and dice rolling, as well as voice/camera chat features and even addable music. Relevant links to the site and wiki are in the following spoiler.

So now that we have a way to play online with each other, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing / GMing a campaign. If I were to GM, the system that I am most familiar with is D&D 3.5, so if you're interested in that please let me know. I am also familiar with 4E for playing purposes, so if someone else wants to GM that, awesome. If anyone would like to give suggestions on a specific campaign setting or just the game in general then feel free to add your input.

Current People Involved:
Kyubeon
Toru
Karu
Tangrow
Mr. RMA
Tailon

Gathering interest for a second group. Otherwise we are full.
We're running the current campaign Sundays at 2PM PST (GMT -8 )

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I would love to play, though I admittedly have never played D&D in any way, shape, or form before. If anyone can help me walk through at least the basics, that'll be really nice XD

Pretty much exactly what Shiny said. How long does on an online campaign take? Or are you able to play and then essentially "pause" it and resume later?

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
A regular campaign can be anywhere from 2 - 6 hours per session depending on people's time constraints and how long the encounters tend to take. If we have the time for it we can go on much longer, but likely for something like this we'd try to fit it within regular time limits. It really depends on who is interested and when they are available.

As for pausing and resuming, I have yet to have an in depth look on how the site works, but I imagine that if we had to cut something short that I could write down whatever I needed to remember for next session. If there is a feature to do so, great, but if not then I will be keeping track of where we left off last regardless.

Last edited:

Atma

Formerly Karu
I used to play 4E, so I'd be happy to join this! Only run through one campaign and two encounters but I think I'll be ready for this. So yeah, sign me on up.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Welp, like I mentioned in chat, I guess you can count me interested too. Knowing next to nothing about D&D besides a few passing remarks from my classmates means I'm totally prepared for this! XD
Really though, I'd definitely like to give it a shot and actually learn the ropes of this sorta thing for once, so, yeah, you can count me in.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
We have enough people interested to run a basic campaign, so I suppose my question for all of you is when you're available so I can set up a time for this thing to happen. I was thinking Sundays since my Saturdays are already taken up, but if you guys would like do do this on a weeknight that'll be fine too.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
I should be free all day on Sunday, so if we do it then, I wouldn't have any reservations with the time we start. From Monday to Friday I get back from work at around 3:30 PM EST, so any time later than that would work for me there.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Sundays work in general, and until I get a job I'm free almost every weekday as well (unless my friends randomly grab me, and I never know when they will until the day before). To be safe, though, I'm definitely free weekdays from 6-12PM CST.

I'm free all day everyday until July 1st, and then from then on I'm available after 5pm EST and all Saturdays and Sundays, so far.

Atma

Formerly Karu
I'm generally unavailable Monday and Wednesdays due to kendo, any other day is fine as everywhere else I go I could do this. Relatively.

I'm always available on Sundays. Always. I'm generally busy from 6am-2:30/4:30pm GMT-8 Monday-Wednesday/Thursday, depending on my work schedule, and might also work on Fridays and Saturdays. But yeah, definitely always free on Sunday.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
It's looking like the general consensus is that Sundays would be the best day for everyone involved, so we can play on a Sunday after 12PM PST (will decide on a more definite time later). Now everyone needs the essentials and to sign up for the site. I would like you to PM me your finished character sheets.

The Campaign
"The frontier Hamlet of Barrow's Edge has called for adventurers, requesting help and promising reward. The request did not include any specifics."

Let me know if you would like to already know each other or if you would like there to be a meeting-each-other scene.

Character Sheets
You can feel free to post what you'd like to play here. Variety is always good in a D&D campaign, so each player should try to pick different classes to play.

I think there may be a way to create character sheets via the site, but here is an alternative in case there isn't. I will give a link to a point buy calculator and a site called Myth-Weavers that has a Character Sheet feature (will also be in the links below). When all of the character sheets are finished, I will be ready to run the campaign.

Level: 1
HP: Maximum for 1st Level
Stats: 32 Point Buy
Character Alignment: Any non-evil.
Race: 3.5 Player's Handbook 1 (but you may confer with me if you would like to play something different).
Class: Any from the books listed (no prestige unless you meet the requirements, may confer with me on this also).
Starting Gold: Maximum according to class.

Mandatory Books: 3.5 Player's Handbook 1 (usually the best thing to stick to for beginning players), Magic Item Compendium (for potential purchase or selling of magical items).
Optional Books: 3.5 Player's Handbook 2, Dungeon Master's Guide 1 & 2, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Psionic, Complete Warrior, Unearthed Arcana.

If you do not have physical copies of the books in question, you can probably find them in PDF form on the internet.

For those in-experienced in D&D
The Player's Handbook should give you a good grasp of what do do in character creation. However, if you get stuck or need assistance then you can feel free to ask me whatever questions you need to clarify at any point.

Last edited:

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
A quick update on the D&D situation: We are successfully running the Sunday campaign. However a couple more individuals expressed interest, and another got busy on the weekends so we had to fill the spot. I was wondering if people would be interested in doing another game on a different day.