• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Eevee help

This is the second form of this topic because I deleted the other one under a wrongful impression that it was breaking the rules.

Eevee lv 1 just hatched
Calm Nature
HP:12
Attack:6
Defense:5
Sp. Atk:6
Sp. Def:6
Speed:6
IVs: Perfect 31 x.x (Non-hacked person I got it from doesn't know how to use a hacking device)

Tackle
Growl
Helping Hand

I need some suggestions for what It should be. too many choices, and I'm indecisive =D.

I'm not willing to rebreed because of IV spread.

I think it should be a Vaporeon. It already has high enought HP to be one and since Vaporeons specialize in HP it would be nice :)

But it could also be a Flareon:

Flareon@Leftovers 252 HP / 6 SpA / 252 SpD

~ Wish
~ Toxic
~ Flamethrower
~ Protect / Will-O-Wisp

188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA for Vaporeon

~ Wish
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam / Toxic
~ Protect / Yawn / Hidden Power Electric

Surf and Ice Beam are common for Vaporeon. Toxic if you want to stall. Yawn if you want to provide switches and HP Electric to get other Water types

Holy poop.... O.o Um well ill just give you both pokemon movesets then, its your call which you want.

Umbreon@Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Atk / 56 SpD
-Curse
-Payback
-Wish
-Protect/Yawn/taunt

This is a favourite of mine since it manages to become a physical threat unlike most that are just trappers. you can always run Baton pass in the last slot to pass curse and wish to other pokemon as well. Payback since with cursing you wont be hitting first :p

Vaporeon@Leftovers
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Protect / Yawn / Hidden Power Electric

Traditional I know its standard but it works realllly well. I run mine with Toxic since I have dragon cover elsewhere but both are great options.

lol sorry like I said its standard :p You can always go for baton pass vap!

188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
- Substitute / Acid Armor
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Wish
- Baton Pass

But overall im trying to think up a more walling vap thats not standard ill get back to you on that.

EDIT:

How about
-substitute
-Acid Armor
-Surf/Water pulse
-Yawn
For vap?

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Curse and Wish are egg moves: both inaccessable to this Eevee.
Calm would make for a good Espeon, Vaporeon or Umbreon, in my opinion.
Vaporeon has already been listed, so I'm just going to list my own Umbreon and a basic Espeon set.

Espeon@Wise Glasses/Light Clay
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Reflect/Baton Pass
Calm Mind

If the Eevee has a good Fire or Fighting hidden power, you'll have full coverage [since it will have a Dark type Hidden Power].. if not, then Reflect makes a good support, and raises Espeon's defense while it's out. Calm Mind and you'll be able to absorb special attacks pretty well, and dish out a really powerful attack at the same time.
Special attack and Speed EVs

Umbreon @brightpowder/leftovers
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Dig
Mean Look/Moonlight/Torment

Mean Look and Dig work well together, since it protects you for an extra turn as Toxic further sets in, and your leftovers [if you had them] heal you. Even without Mean look, dig will make your opponent want to switch to something immune to it, and unless it's a Skarmory or Bronzong [both of which are actually pretty popular >>] you can get a second toxic in before switching to another pokemon of your own.
I really feel like I've overlooked something with this set >>;
Dig won't be very powerful, especially with the Careful nature, but it makes for a good bait trap, and, as I said, delays a turn for everything to set in.
Torment is just really overlooked anymore and makes for a good annoyance XD
Mostly defense and HP EVs on this one.