• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Eevee mating help ^ - ^

ok i have a male eevee in d/p can i mate it with a ditto to make a baby eevee or will it have to be a female eevee and ditto or do both have to be eevees (male and female no ditto)

I think any gender will do.. Because Ditto will act as the opposite gender. And Ditto can breed with any Pokemon that can breed. But male and female eevees should work too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can mate the female Eevee with certain other Pokemon, as well, and still get a baby Eevee. I forget which though. Most Pokemon are capable of inter-species breeding, but their offspring will usually be the the same species as the mother (the exception being Ditto). However, the offspring may be born knowing certain techniques their father did, and sometimes this is the only way a Pokemon can learn certain techniques.

I'm pretty sure you already know this...
Carry a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body/Magma Armor in your party.
The egg will hatch around 4000 steps now.