• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Eeveelution Rotation Tournament - Official Signups!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Eeveelution-Tournament.png

Since this idea got quite a lot of support I've decided to make it official.

So welcome to the Eeveelution Rotation Tournament thread! The rules for this tournament will be as follows:

- Battles will be done over Nintendo Wi-Fi and copies of B/W or B2/W2.

- Matches will be decided under single elimination knockout rules.

- Each battle will use Flat Battle Rotation rules. This means you're allowed a team of 4-6 Pokemon and will choose any four of them for each battle.

CLAUSES

Item Clause: All items held by your Pokémon must be unique.

Species Clause: No two Pokémon with the same National Pokedex number can be used on one team.

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon can be put to sleep on a single team. Self-inflicted sleep from Rest does not count towards this.

Evasion Clause: The use of Double Team, Minimize and Acupressure is banned. Snow Cloak is legal however.

Fair Play Clause: If a match would end in a draw due to the use of Explosion, Selfdestruct, Perish Song or Destiny Bond, the user of the respective move loses.

No Hacked Movesets: So no Flare Blitz Flareon, no matter how much you may wish it were legal.

LEGAL POKEMON

Only the following Pokemon can be used in this tournament:

- Eevee
- Jolteon
- Flareon
- Vaporeon
- Espeon
- Umbreon
- Leafeon
- Glaceon

Due to the increased preparation time required, I've decided that this tournament's matches will take place on August 16th 2013. This gives you four months to prepare your team.

If you wish to sign up for this tournament, simply post here saying so. You don't need to post your team, simply say you want in and you're in. I will be sending out reminders via PM to all those who do sign up on a monthly basis to ensure they are still active and still able to compete due to the length of time between the signups and the tournament itself.

Also if you have any queries then feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to answer them. Any post made in this topic that is not a query or a signup will be considered SPAM and you will receive an official warning for it.

I think that's everything so... sign-ups away!

SIGN-UPS:

- Demelza
- Teapot
- Magpie
- Shocari
- Legoboy_20
- Sir Red
- MCRaven
- michael95

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to enter but I have a suspicious feeling that I'll be on vacation around that date. Is there any chance that we could move it up a week or two? I don't want to cause problems for anyone else who'd like to take part though so whatever works best for the majority is the best choice of action.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It can be moved if no-one else objects to it. I wanted to give people a long time to prepare so as long as they still have that time I have no issues moving to a more accommodating date.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I'd be more than happy to play in this (nothing at all to do with the fact it's Eevee related, nope!), and could probably come up with a decent team idea. So yeah, consider me in. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
King of Lucario said:
It can be moved if no-one else objects to it. I wanted to give people a long time to prepare so as long as they still have that time I have no issues moving to a more accommodating date.

I think even a single week earlier would work for me (maybe the 9th instead of the 16th?). I just happen to be leaving home around the 14th-16th or so. XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Linkachu said:
King of Lucario said:

I think even a single week earlier would work for me (maybe the 9th instead of the 16th?). I just happen to be leaving home around the 14th-16th or so. XD

I should mention that the deadline day is simply the day the matchup brackets go up. After that you will have 1-2 weeks to finish your match before the round after is due to start so you don't have to immediately set up a match on the 16th, nor would I expect you to.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
King of Lucario said:
I should mention that the deadline day is simply the day the matchup brackets go up. After that you will have 1-2 weeks to finish your match before the round after is due to start so you don't have to immediately set up a match on the 16th, nor would I expect you to.

Ooh, I see. I'm going to be away for little under two weeks so that may actually cause more conflicts for me and whoever I'd be battling. Probably best that I bow out of this one. Good luck to those who take part! ^^

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I'm in.

Also, we have been given TONS of time for this. :x You threw the idea out several months ago and now we've been given four more months. I would be fine with it starting earlier, personally. But whatever works for everyone is fine with me.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
There are several reasons for this:

1. I had always intended for this to take place in the Summer of this year. I'm pretty sure I said this in the original topic but if I didn't then that's what I intended.

2. After the amount of people here who have claimed in the past that they "don't have the time" to make teams when I assign 1-2 months preparation time, you now have four months preparation time to completely write out any possibility of anyone not having enough time to prepare.

3. The original topic was just a discussion topic and not an official announcement even if it did seem like one.

In any case if everyone finishes their teams way before the deadline I'll simply start the tournament early, so I fail to see the issue here.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
NegativeSpace said:
Would this event be all day?

No, each round of the tournament would span over about a week, and depending on the number of rounds in the tournament the whole thing would probably end up spanning across a month or thereabout.

King of Lucario said:
NegativeSpace said:
Would this event be all day?

No, each round of the tournament would span over about a week, and depending on the number of rounds in the tournament the whole thing would probably end up spanning across a month or thereabout.
Ah, thanks.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The first of the monthly reminders has been sent out. Check your inboxes and reply back ASAP.

If you've finished building your team, state that in your message. If everyone can confirm that they've finished their preparations, then we can start this thing early.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Legoboy_20 and Michael95 failed to get back to me in time so they're officially cut from the tournament.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Progress report! Team is half done. Fear me peoples, fear me >:D

*Be gentle really*

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since all of you seem to be either finished or close to finishing your teams, I'm just going to post the final "reminder" here.

If you've completed your team, post here and say so. That way, if everyone's finished we can start this thing a month early.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Waiting on Data and Red to post and then we're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.