• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Equestria’s Origin: The Shadow of Discord (A My Little Pony RP)

___Equestria’s Origin: The Shadow of Discord___
Roleplay Thread: (Will be posted here once created)

This is a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic roleplay so it would be preferable if applicants knew some of the canon Pony Lore or were at least fans of the show. But for those that have no knowledge of the show and are still interested, here is the basic folklore leading up to our plot.
**This was copied from the Wikia Site here. I DO NOT claim this synopsis as my own work**
~~~~

Long ago, before the rule of Princess Celestia, Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi were divided by hatred and cared only for the welfare of their own kind. In exchange for demanding food grown by the Earth ponies, Pegasi managed the weather and unicorns raised and lowered the sun and moon. However, the tense peace between the three tribes is broken by a mysterious blizzard.

With the Earth ponies unable to tend the land and the Pegasi and unicorns unable to stop the blizzard, the three tribes fight and argue even more, and the blizzard grows stronger. A summit between the three tribes' leaders is eventually held, but they are unable to reach an agreement. Chancellor Puddinghead and Smart Cookie of the Earth ponies, Commander Hurricane and Private Pansy of the Pegasi, and Princess Platinum and Clover the Clever of the unicorns set out to find a new land.

When the three pairs all meet in the same place, they argue over whom had first stake over the new land, and another blizzard starts as a result. The six ponies attempt to take shelter in a cave, but as Puddinghead, Hurricane, and Platinum continue to feud the cold spreads still further and the three are eventually frozen in ice. Clover the Clever identifies the cause of the blizzard to be windigos—winter spirits that feed on hatred.

Despite the animosity between their leaders and tribes, Smart Cookie, Private Pansy, and Clover the Clever maintain warm relations, and they eventually break the windigos' spell with the fire of their friendship. Soon their warmth thaws their leaders' bodies and melts their hearts as well, and the leaders decide to share the new land, naming it Equestria.
~~~~

Plot
This roleplay will follow the three equestrian tribes in the tense days following the fall of the Windigos, more than a 1000 years prior to the modern day timeline. While the ominous threat of the winter spirits keeps open hostilities between the tribes at bay, the members of each race struggle against their own loyalties and prejudices as they attempt to establish this new equal society for all ponies.

They have so far established only the most basic of structures for housing, farming has begun but food resources are scarce as the first harvest will be months away, and the first influx of the tribes settlers means the leaders have their hands full maintaining the peace. It is still unclear who will rule the society as a whole so for the moment the leaders continue to govern their own tribes, consulting with the other leaders when necessary. So far only the leaders and their trusted assistances seem wholly at ease with the idea of mixing their cultures as unrest between their subjects continues.

None of them have yet realized their new home has been staked unwittingly in the terrestrial territory of an omnipotent creature known as a draconequus. This draconequus, known as Discord, who had a certain affinity and power for chaos and disharmony had no intention of letting these ponies make peace so easily.

Rules:
  • All Pokecharm Forum and Roleplay Rules apply.
  • Correct grammar, punctuation and sentence structure is strongly encouraged.
  • Full Paragraph for all posts please
  • Minor swearing is allowed (but keep to the show's vernacular whenever possible)
  • No more than 1 Original Character & 1 Canon Character per person (2 Total)
  • No OC may outrank or have abilities that rival the Canon characters
  • Only the 3 Original species (Earth, Pegasus, & Unicorn) will be allowed
2aox0Rm.png

Earth Ponies –
Known for their superior physical strength, their down-to-earth mentality, and their special connection to nature, most often seen in their farming abilities. Their ancient tribe is largely agrarian based with a diplomatic leadership.
Typical Stereotypes: Unintelligent and stubborn, a lower class race

RaDTOTk.png

Unicorns –
Known for their horns, their ability to use magic, and their most prominent ability to raise and lower the sun with the combined might of their magic. Their ancient tribe is monarch based, putting great emphasis on social status.
Typical Stereotypes: Snobs who believe themselves better than other races

IP8unZh.png

Pegasi –
Known for their wings (ability to fly), their ability to walk on clouds and manipulate the weather. Their ancient tribe is warrior-based with a military command structure.

Typical Stereotypes: Brutes with aggressive tendencies

**All vectors were taken from the MLP GameLoft Wikia Page

Canon Roles

Due to the historic nature of our roleplay’s setting, applicant are encouraged to apply for the role of one of the six original ponies who established the colony.
As all the canon we have seen of these characters in the show are fictional portrayals by modern ponies, we have no details of their description ,cutiemarks, personality, etc. So if claiming a canon, you have free reign over the character design, but please make them appropriate to the time period. Renaming is optional, though not preferred.
Star Swirl the Bearded is also available as he is canon-confirmed to be Clover the Clever’s mentor. (Personal customization on him will be limited considering his modern day reappearance)

Earth Ponies:

Chancellor Puddinghead – Available
  • Leader of the Earth Tribe, known for their eccentric nature
Smart Cookie – Available
  • Advisor to Chancellor Puddinghead, known for their rational thinking

Pegasus Ponies:

Commander Hurricane – Available
  • Leader of the Pegasus Tribe, known for their short-temper
Private Pansy – Available
  • A subordinate of Commander Hurricane, known for being soft-spoken
Unicorn Ponies:

Princess Platinum – Available
  • Leader of the Unicorn Tribe, known for her snobbish nature
Star Swirl the Bearded – Available
  • The most skilled Sorcerer and Magic theorist of the time, Known for his vital role in the group that raises and lowers of the sun/moon each day
Clover the Clever – Available
  • Princess Platinum’s royal advisor and apprentice to Star Swirl the Bearded

Original Characters
(OCs) are welcome but I’m going to limit the quantity to ensure an even amount of characters in all races. and also to encourage the use of Canon Characters. We will start with 1 spot for each species, and more will be added if those slots are filled evenly.

Earth Pony
1. ---

Pegasus Pony
1. (Lunar the Mew / Pending)​
2. ---​

Unicorn Pony
1. Crimson Blaze (@BlueMew392)
Claims
You may claim a canon character or species slot without an immediate character bio, but you must have the appropriate bios for those characters up within 24 hours of your post or your claim will be revoked.

And finally.... the character sheet

Name:
Tribe:
Earth Pony, Pegasi, or Unicorn
Personality:
Appearance:
(You may use the Pony Creator if you wish, but keep any images in spoiler tags)
Cutie Mark / Talent: (Again, keep images in spoiler tags and only share if it is your own work or F2U and credited)
Backstory: Required for OC characters only
Roleplay Example: Short paragraph of your character in action
Additional Information:

To allow everyone first dibs, I will wait and control whichever Canon characters are not claimed. And I will also control the mischievous Discord whenever he makes his appearances. Depending on the success of this and how things play out, I may allow young Celestia and Luna to be applied for and controlled later in the plot in order to defeat him.

Any comments, suggestions, or thoughts are welcome.
(This is my first attempt at creating roleplay here)

I will wait for at least 5 character to be approved before starting the roleplay., preferably at least 3 of which are canon.

Last edited:
Hi, Lunar, thanks for you interest!

Just a couple things for Snowfall's Bio.
  • You list his age as a Foal but his image is of an adult. If you could just clarify which you would like him to be.
  • Regarding his backstory, the windigos were only 'defeated' three days prior to our roleplay, so 'when he was younger' seems incorrect.
  • His Sonic Snowboom ability seems a bit overpowered. A minor ability to manipulate snow or frost would be one thing, but freezing someone seems more of a unicorn level of magic
  • Not sure if your last paragraph was meant to be an additional roleplay example, but roleplaying will not take place here, but in the main roleplay post once it is created. If you wouldn't mind moving that portion to the roleplay example.
And I have your claim on Commander Hurricane but you will need to create a full bio for him as well.

Before I make my bio, I need some feedback on what color my OC should have.
myPony.png myPony2.png
I had to create a new one since I can't use my main one. But I can't decide which of the two colors to choose. So I was hoping to get some options about which color suits him.

Both have their appeal, but I prefer the second, compliments the eye color better. But talent could change that (i.e. If he's a Fire Juggler, obviously the first fits better.)

Name: Crimson Blaze

Tribe: Unicorn

Personality: Crimson isn't the type of pony to be very sociable. This could be because of the way the three tribes interacted with one another, which obviously left him intimidated. So naturally, he tries to make minimal communication with everypony as he can. Especially during the days prior to the Windogos' defeat.

Appearance:
myPony.png

He's also around the same height as most mares, indicating that he just hit adulthood. He also sometimes wears a ragged up light brown cloak that some of the townsfolk tend to wear.

Cutie Mark / Talent: Link to where I made the cutie mark is in the spoiler.

Backstory: Growing up, Crimson never liked how the three tribes were skeptical of one another. Though he never bothered to question it as he didn't want confrontation. When he discovered that his talent revolved around fire magic, no pony seemed to notice or pay attention. That changed however when the blizzard came. Ponies started to notice his cutie mark and his ability to possess fire magic, that often times they would confront him and ask for some. At first Crimson accepted a few requests, but started to decline when more and more ponies asked. Sometimes they would ask in a aggressive manner. This would lead Crimson to wear a cloak to hide his cutie mark and face. Now that the Windogos are defeated, Crimson still keeps his distance from other ponies.

Roleplay Example: (Before the Windogos' defeat)
Crimson was heading back to his home after getting what little food the market had to offer. The blizzard was strong and cold as usual, but that didn't stop him from getting some food. As he passed by a random stallion, a gust of wind came by and revealed Crimson's cutie mark for a quick second from under his cloak. The stallion noticed it and turned to Crimson. "Y-You...know f-fire m-magic?" He asked as he shivered. Crimson stopped and his eyes widened. "P-Please.....could you s-spare some f-f-fire?" The stallion asked. Crimson just stood there for a few seconds before he said, "I-I'm sorry.....I can't." He ran away from the stallion. After arriving at his house, Crimson took off his hood and proceeded to have his horn glow. A few sparks of flame appeared, but after that......nothing. It has now gotten so cold that Crimson could barely produce any flames. He looked down and sighed to himself.

Additional Information: He's not very advanced with his fire magic. The best he can do is just two fireballs. But, he keeps it to a minimal most of the time.

Sorry for the delay. Very nice OC. Accepted.

@Lunar the Mew I'm sorry I have to revoke your claim on Commander Hurricane as 24 hrs have passed. Please still feel free to post a bio for him to claim the role

Last edited: