• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Eve of the Eevee

I'm planning an Eevee team for when I restart my Pearl, so I need help.
Any recomentations for these Pokemon?

Espeon-Special Sweeper
Jolteon-Special Sweeper
Leafeon-Physical Sweeper
Vaporeon-Special Attacker and Support
Umbreon-Support
Glaceon-Special Attacker
Flareon-?

I'm not looking for a change in Pokemon, but suggestions on different ways to use them and natures and attacks would be much obliged.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Espeon
Timid Nature

Calm Mind
Grass knot
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Calm mind if you happen to be facing something that uses special attacks, you should be able to take a hit from a special attack, especially after using that.
suggestion from Rocket_X, possibly substitute Grass Knot for Substitute

Jolteon
Modest Nature

Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power

Jolteon's only special attack types are Electric and Ghost, so getting a good Hidden Power is pretty necessary to most effectively sweep. Agility and Baton pass can work nicely together on it though.

Leafeon

Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace
Synthesis

I only include Synthesis because Leafeon can take a decent physical hit ;p
if you don't want it, Dig, Return, or if you really want it, Iron tail can replace it effectively.
[edit] as was pointed out to me, swords dance can replace Synthesis and work better overall for a sweeper

Vaporeon

Aqua Ring
Acid Armor
Baton Pass
Surf

Baton Pass aqua Ring and Acid Armor for a nice effective annoyance to physical attackers.
if you want it to be more of an attacker, get rid of Aqua ring or Acid Armor for Ice Beam or Shadow Ball. If you want to go full support and have no attacks, get rid of Surf for Substitute [since those can also be baton passed]

Umbreon

Yawn
protect
confuse Ray
Wish

Pure support with no way of attacking, also can't be stopped by steel types like a toxic using one can. Alternative for protect is Assurance, since Umbreon is slow, Assurance combined with Confuse ray can do at least some level of damage.

more standard Umbreon

Toxic
--
Confuse Ray
Protect
Mean look
Moonlight
Assurance

Any combination of those attacks [so long as Toxic is involved] could work pretty well
Confuse Ray to chance at stalling for time so Toxic further sets in, and for light damage
Protect to stall for time so Toxic Sets in
Mean look will prevent them from switching so toxic can't set in [since switching turns toxic into normal poison]
Moonlight to Restore HP for mostly obvious reasons, high defenses.
Assurance only if Confuse Ray is present, and for the same reason I said above.

Glaceon

Hail
Blizzard
Water Pulse
Mirror Coat

since you said attacker rather than sweeper, [and for lack of better moves], Hail + Blizzard makes a good combo, since Blizzard never misses in Hail, and Hail boosts your Evasion. Water Pulse for the chance of confusion.

Flareon

Quick attack
Fire Fang
Bite
Dig

Flareon -really- doesn't have much of a physical movepool, so that was the best I could do >>;
it doesn't have speed or defense either, so I really haven't found much use for Flareon...

Espeon@Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
Classic CM sweep, you can always use Fake Tears in place of CM to lower their Sp. Def.

Jolteon@Wise Glasses/Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Bolt
- Hidden Power Ice or Grass

Baton Pass is mainly to escape Dugtrio, if you don't play heavy competition you can go for Substitute, Thunder Wave, Fake Tears or Wish if you like.

Leafeon@Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Aerial Ace

Boost up and sweep what you can. Pretty simple.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Toxic/Surf/Hidden Power Electric
Classic Wish support, just set up a wish against something Vap can tank and switch to a poke that needs a heal. toxic if you want and protect for self heal. Choice of attacking moves is up to you. Surf is best for damage.

Umbreon@Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Mean Look
- Fake Tears
- Yawn
- Baton Pass
Mean Look. Yawn the enemy, Fake Tears for a bit then Baton Pass the trapped enemy to a special sweeper (preferably when its asleep) and blow it up.

Glaceon@Choice Specs or Scarf.
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk
With the first 3 moves, you can hit everything for at least neutral. Last slot is for a filler, I chose Sleep Talk just in case they try to sleep your sweeper.

Flareon@Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
This is a group supporter build that I find is the best job for flareon since it has pretty lame attack moves on both sides of the scale. Will-O can be replaced with Protect for self healing if you want.

This is the best I could come up with, sorry I didnt follw you exact "themes" but the Eevees bad movepools make them rather limited for competitive play. Once I get my wifi back up ill be breeding Eevees with Wish again if you need one.