• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Fabulous Art

ooooh girrrr I like it. That guy looks ttly hot and I love the collar so if you did give it to everyone that would be cool by me. His jawline is so niceeee. Good shading and everything too. A+ would buy again ♥

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with everyone else here. Your art looks better and better with each new update, and I'm loving your Ace Attorney pics (especially the shaded versions). The lineart looks pretty solid, especially the arms. They're just plain fun pics, too. ^^

Waiting for the next, El~ ;D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
img033.jpg

Just a random silly doodle of God Tier Bustin

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Laughs* I've seen humanoid Pokemon dressed as other characters, but can't say I often see actual Pokemon cosplaying. That's one badass Charmeleon. I'm sure the boyfriend loved it. I know I do. XD

Your little doodle guy is really cute. This is your Homestuck OC, right? I find his weapon very amusing. ;)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Yeah! Godot's probably my favourite Phoenix Wright character, except maybe Klavier, so I figured Bustin could dress up like him! :D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
img044.jpg
img045.jpg

Bustin is just ascending all the Phoenix Wright Tiers. Here's him dressed as Klavier, with the Chimney Lacerator, and him dressed as Mask Demasque, with all of the stolen objects from the game.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
That grin in the second picture is going to give me nightmares. And I just noticed that there's a devious smiley face on his jacket too, staring into my soul...

Bustin likes cosplaying, eh? ;D

Like many first attempts at realistic drawing, the proportions are a little off. However, this is closer to what is usually real than what I have seen in the past. The lips need a little work, as they look like tiny motionless slugs. I would suggest studying the contours of a closed mouth first, using black and white photos to get a good idea of shading. Nevertheless, I must commend you for getting the hair and ears done very well. The hair is extending in a natural manner from their roots, even under the influence of the puff of wind you are showing. The ears have the natural contours and shadows, not just a line showing a 'scoop.'

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Snapshot_20111222.jpg

Currently devoid of a scanner, but thought I'd put this here anyway. This is Bow and Sword In Accord dude, but in more natural clothes.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
img056.jpg

An attempt at the pseudo-realistic style I've been messing around with.

img054.jpg

img055.jpg

Two drawings of L from Deathnote in different styles, the first a more realistic attempt but suffers from real perspective issues.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
gimptablettest.png

First attempt at using my tablet, and used GIMP. Obviously it's not fantastic, but I had fun drawing it so yeah.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm suddenly jealous that El has a tablet. :p

A cute first run with the tablet. Is this also your first time coloring digitally? I can't recall how you've done so in the past.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I think I like the last picture the best. Very nice El even if you are doing them in lectures. :p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
img008-1.jpg

I started drawing China Sorrows from Skulduggery Pleasant, but got bored halfway through. This is the progress I made

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
img017-1.jpg

More lecture doodles. Bustin dressed as Vincent.

img016-1.jpg

Started as a sketch of my hand, sort of got away from me.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I am very fond of the second picture down.

Really nice work for just doodles Elliot. ^^

I rather like the cloudy thing in the second picture ♥

It reminds me of Wind Waker, when the bombs blow up ♥

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
img028.jpg

Beta version of my new fish man alien character. Things in his anatomy that you can't see:

Dorsal fin
Slight webbing between his fingers
Fins on the sides of his calves

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
I like this fish alien thing! :D

Think what interests me most is the design of its head. Everything else sorta reminds me of something I see over and over again with fish characters, but the head is a really strange and different design.

I like it El~

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting fish alien dude, El. The lineart came out very nice, and his face is kinda creepy. Works nicely with the design. XD

But heeeeh, all of these random Bustin doodles are adorable! Nice collection you've got going here. Bustin continues to be a cute cool looking character. ^^

Oh shiz, El has a tablet? More fabulous works will commence!

I do like the color gradients in the hair of those people. In my opinion, that is one thing that tablets are generally rather good at.