• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favorite mega

ahh mega evolution, make lots of past pokemon AWESOME! like lopunny, altaria, heracross, and of course, SWAMPERT!!!! being introduced in x and y, and those games being farily new, why don't you tell your favorite mega?

(mine of course is mega swampert)

Last edited:
I have two favourites, the first being Mega Mawile I really like that it made a really underused Pokemon usable but I also love how powerful it is. I also have a huge love for Mega Venusaur, it's an absolute monster it's powerful, bulky, has a really good ability and really good recovery moves.

From a design point though I really like Mega Altaria and it looks to have a really impressive typing and I'm hoping it's brilliant in battle

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
At the moment, my favorites are...

1. Mega Sableye
Of course, what did you expect~♥ Sableye's already fantastic on his own as one of the best Prankster users in the game, so it'll be interesting using it with Magic Bounce this time. I'm glad they didn't change it's design too much, a giant Red Rupee is perfect. :)

2. Mega Lopunny
Mega Lopunny is really interesting, coming completely out of nowhere. It looks really cool, and, well, I can't really say anything else. I'm glad Lopunny should see more competitive use.

If I have to talk about Mega's we already have, I would say...maybe Mega Medicham and Mega Alakazam design wise.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Game-wise my current favourite mega is Mega Gengar due to its stat spread/typing, but it's likely not fair of me to say such when I've only tested a select few Mega Pokemon (and only two of them semi-competitively). I'm really excited about trying Mega Metagross because it suits one of my old competitive teams perfectly so I'll have to wait and see if Mega Gengar gets dethroned come OR/AS~!

If I were to answer this question design-wise only, my current favourite Mega Pokemon are Mega Charizard X (don't judge me </3), Mega Gengar, Mega Kanga, Mega Houndoom, Mega Lucario, and Mega Gallade. Even though I haven't seen much of Mega Gallade in action what I have seen of it looks brilliant. :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Mega Ampharos, Gallade, and Gengar are pretty high up on my list. So far, of the ones I've used, I absolutely love Mefa Ampharos. It has decent enough bulk and a pretty insane amount of Sp. Attack to use even uninvested.

I also love Mega Altaria, Lopunny, Gardevoir, Mawile, Banette, Sceptile, Blaziken, Camerupt, Sableye, and Venusaur, in no particular order. Some are based on design, others based on useability. Either way, much love to many these guys ♥

Mega Ampharos because of its extra dragon typing and its super awesome Super Saiyan 3 hair. Its so...majestic.

On a strategic stand point, I really like Mega Aerodactyl. Combine its speed with some awesome rock and flying moves, and youve got an unstoppable monster.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
I don't own a 3DS, nor Pokémon X/Y, but I definitely already have a few 'mega' favourites!
  • Scizor
  • Steelix
  • Mawile
  • Sableye
  • Gengar
  • Houndoom
Now here's a team that I'd be happy to fight beside! ♥

Obviously, I can't give much reason outside of the usual;
"I'm sentimental and they're 'mega' awesome" since I don't
actually have the game to experience their mega forms.....
.....But hey, I look forward to it eventually happening~!

For me none of my top 50 favorite Pokemon didn't get any, so it's really hard for me to pick a favorite - by design, Lucario and Manectric are the only two that come close for me. I rarely even use their mega form.

Definitely Mawile... It took a pokemon I always loved but could never really use, and made it my go-to powerhouse for my playthrough of ORAS. Plus its design is so cool! And the steel-fairy typing made it great, had a lot of type-coverage.