• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Final Team Member?

I have a bit of a bad habit when I make ingame teams. Somehow, I always end up with five Pokemon. I had a sixth member, but I'm not entirely sure she's right for this team.
I don't think most of my team would stand a chance competitively, but I'd still like to have that metagame state of mind.
Items aren't listed because I haven't bothered to pick up any worthwhile items, so they're all holding random plates. XD
Here's the original five members:

dpmfa065.png

Amaroq (m)
Impish, Synchronize

Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Psychic
Focus Blast

dpmfa429.png

Gypsy (m)
Quirky, Levitate

Pain Split
Thunderbolt
Confuse Ray
Shadow Ball

dpmfa445.png

Tianlong (m)
Jolly, Sand Veil

Earthquake
Iron Head
Dragon Rush
Crunch

dpmfb186.png

Cyrano (m)
Calm, Water Absorb

Surf
Hypnosis
Mud Shot
Ice Beam

dpmfa169.png

Orfeo (m)
Jolly, Inner Focus

Cross Poison
Confuse Ray
Wing Attack
X-Scissor

And the original final member was:
dpffa078.png

Camina (f)
Rash, Flash Fire

Poison Jab
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Fire Blast
(Yeah, I know. :/)

So what are your recommendations for my last slot? My only rule is that it not be something too common in the metagame. I already have a Garchomp and Alakazam, that's powered as I get. XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
You're going to need something that is super-affective against dark (I think), ice, normal, and steel that I know of. So that means you're going to need a fighting-type, or something that can learn fighting-type moves. How about...

*wracks head* would Lucario or Hitmontop work? I'm not too good with these types of things (since I don't know what certain Pokemon are good for), but I'm pretty sure you need a fighting-type.

well, since you are lacking of a fire-type, i suggest

Camerupt w/
Solid Rock

EarthQuake
Explosion
Stone Edge/Stealth Rock
Eruption

Eruption to start out, and Explosion for a finale

[size=8pt]Well, if you're looking for coverage on dark, ice, steel, and normal, you want a fire/fighting type like S_E mentioned- you could get away with using Blaziken or Infernape. Maybe even a Lopunny since they have no real weakness except for fighting, and they can learn plenty of fighting moves(low kick, sky uppercut, jump kick, focus blast etc.) and fire punch which could be pretty nifty.
And they can learn Mirror Coat, which we all know = love.[/size]

Maybe a Bug or Rock type? Vespiquen could fill some holes. That or Armaldo or Kabutops. Gotta love fossils that learn Grass attacks and get a STABed Bug and Rock attack.

Hope that helped.

Why don't you try Abomasnow he is great at staying alive and fighting at the same time theis is what my Abomasnow knows
Abomasnow
Item: Leftovers
Substitute
Ingrain
Giga Drain
Blizzard

Hope you think this pokemon is good enough

These are all good suggestions; thanks, everyone. :]
I have a rule against having more than one Pokemon of the same type on my teams, however, and I'd rather not have to deal with Snow Warning, considering Abomasnow would be the only ice-type on my entire team.

So in the end, it's between these three:

dpmfb428.png

Lopunny @ Choice Band
Jolly, Cute Charm

Sky Uppercut
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

dpmfb237.png

Hitmontop @ Wide Lens?
Adamant/Jolly/Careful, Technician

Fake Out
Mach Punch/Quick Attack
Pursuit/Stone Edge
Rolling Kick/Triple Kick

dpmfb036.png

Clefable @ Big Root/Pinch Berry?/Sitrus Berry?
Adamant, Magic Guard

Belly Drum
Substitute/Moonlight
Drain Punch
Meteor Mash

I especially need help with Hitmontop's moveset, if that's the popular vote. xD Any move that has an alternative slashed onto the end means I need advice on that, though, so yeah.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
You might as well choose Lopunny, just because it's only weakness is fighting types. And because it has a more variety of move types than Clefable. And I don't like Pokemon that loose HP by themselves, then gain HP, and has only one or two attacking moves.

Hitmontop might work, but I don't know anything about it. *sighs* Even though I'm obsessed with Pokemon, I really know almost nothing about battling. But if you are going to use Hitmontop, you might want Mach Punch instead of Quick Attack, just for STAB. And normal attacks aren't super-effective against any other types.

[size=8pt]I'd go with Lopunny because of it's resilience, like S_E mentioned just now- But as far as movesets go, I think for Clefable, if you were going to use substitute you'd want to have moonlight too, so you could get the missing HP back up while you're under cover. Otherwise I really don't see the point in using a Sub, you lose basically the same amount of HP anyway, and not many people really focus on using status-inflicting moves :/
As for Hitmontop- Yes to Mach Punch (it serves basically the same pupose in that it moves first) unless you're worried more about the pokes that it won't effect a lot as opposed to those that it will have a bigger impact on.
As far as the pursuit/stone edge thing, I think it depends on whether or not you can see Hitmontop battling against more than one opponent. If you think he'll be able to take a couple in a row, you may as well keep pursuit. If not, stone edge would be handy because of pursuit's iffy base damage.
And Rolling Kick vs. Triple Kick...
Eh. Never really heard of them P:

Good luck C:[/size]