• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Trailer Shown For Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.jpg
A new Nintendo Direct was shown off in Japan today and included the first footage for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. While the trailer didn't show off too much of note it did reveal that the plot will likely be heavily focused around legendary Pokémon. The trailer can be viewed below:​

The trailer shows that the selection of Pokémon you can play as has been greatly increased since Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. The Direct also revealed that the game will be released in Japan in September.

All the Starters! And Riolu! Because.

I'm happier for this than most people because Riolu was my partner back in Explorers of Sky, my favourite of the bunch. No personality test, but oh well, It'll make it easier to perform a role reversal for this game.

im a bit excited and worried at the same time. im excited at the fact that we get a new installment in the series but im worried that this will have somewhat of the same fate as gates to infinity. i hope this game will end up well and be overall worth it

im a bit excited and worried at the same time. im excited at the fact that we get a new installment in the series but im worried that this will have somewhat of the same fate as gates to infinity. i hope this game will end up well and be overall worth it
I agree with you, Gates To Infinity lacked a lot of things including the ending which had nothing else for you to do, only work on your special Pokémon Paradise and that's about it. Super Mystery Dungeon however looks to be the last dungeon game they will make, I honestly don't know for sure, but It will be better than the last game obviously.

Last edited:
Maybe this could be based off of the newest Pokemon movie, because there are so many legendary Pokemon, or maybe it has to do with their 20th anniversary next year, considering all of the starters. I can't wait to find out more about this game!!

P.S- All of the starters!? OMG!!! I Is sooo happy!! But I don't know who I want to be... maybe there will be personality tests again because I liked those better... but no matter what, my partner is either Mudkip or Chickorita!!

I've decided everyone! I took in mind my old Blue Rescue Team game and decided that I'm going back to Pikachu and Mudkip. So now I won't be staring at the game for 30 minutes from the start not knowing who I want to be / who I want my partner to be.

YES! I've always been a fan of the Mystery Dungeon games (though I can't seem to beat any xD); I can't wait to see this one with Generation VI! I can finally be a Froakie!