• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

FR/LG Trainer's Guide

Heh, so I entered the contest dealie that QQ mentioned on TL, and I won one of those FR/LG Trainer Guide dealies (plus a booster pack and something else, but whatever). And...well, it's shiny. LOL And it's got a whole bunch of the nice, new Sugimori piccies of the pokemon and gym leaders. Other than that, though...there isn't anything I don't already know, I'm afraid. ^_^;; It's cute though, and it has a pull-out poster of Kanto that looks pretty nice. So if you can get your hands on one for free (by pre-ordering, you damn Yankee, or if you're a Canuck via this weekly contest thing), it's nice to have.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I can beat that. :p

If you've checked the main site in the last few days you'll notice a new link in the affiliates area - to Prima.

I know the Americans have something against Prima because they think Nintendo Power is a lot better but one of the main arguments for WHY is because N.P gets you the guide free with the mag.

Well, as affiliates with Prima, Pokecharms has the opportunity to receive FREE Guides from them. I've asked to have some guides for our Staff and myself. And not a penny has to be paid. ^^

Beats the heck outta that Trainer's Guide.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Not fair! I entered that contest but haven't got a single thing yet! Even a pack of cards would make me happy :evil:

But heeey... Does that mean I get free guides too? :D

The Trainer's Guide isn't a Player's Guide, but nice. I won one, too! What are the odds?! :D (I won something else, too, but my My Nintendo profile hasn't been updated with it fully yet.)

Does that Celio guy from One Island look like Curtis, or what?! :lol:

Doctor Oak said:
I can beat that. :p

If you've checked the main site in the last few days you'll notice a new link in the affiliates area - to Prima.

I know the Americans have something against Prima because they think Nintendo Power is a lot better but one of the main arguments for WHY is because N.P gets you the guide free with the mag.

Well, as affiliates with Prima, Pokecharms has the opportunity to receive FREE Guides from them. I've asked to have some guides for our Staff and myself. And not a penny has to be paid. ^^

Beats the heck outta that Trainer's Guide.

Lucky...my sister's got a Prima guide for one of those GBA Mario games, but my personal favorites have always been Versus Books, despite their rampant errors. But they have good maps. The Bradygames R/S guide map is great, too. ^_^

But for reliable stat info the only place to go is the internet. *nods*

I don't suppose I could beg you for a guide...? ^_~

Poor Katie! That makes me feel bad; you deserve free pokémon stuff more than anyone ^_~

Does that Celio guy from One Island look like Curtis, or what?!

Omigod, totally! xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, I ain't a staff...lol. (Doggy begging face) But yeah, that's just too bad. Well, I have to say I don't care. The game guide isn't really necessary. Anyone like me knows the ins and outs of the stuff already, and references are available online. I don't need that much of a walkthrough... It's the refrences I need. Anyone still got the Prima Games' Pokedex for G/S? Best game guide I ever owned.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I only got the Pokedex 'cause it came free with the main guide. ^^ But yeah, i still have the Master Pokedex. They need to make a new one after Emerald is released.

Poor Gary, he hasn't realized that Prima is putting out a complete Pokédex guide this month to go with FireRed/LeafGreen, with all 386 Pokémon in it, destroying the chances of one to go with Emerald.

Maybe it'll be next month for you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, actually i'm still waiting to see if i can get the guides in such a short space of time (still waiting for my reply) But the deal is that i would get one for me and some for the Staff Members of the site. Which would be Nem, Katie, Stel, Yoshi and Prae.