• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Galarian Star Journey

Name: Elger Pooch
Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Elger’s pretty tall standing at 5’11”. He brown skinned and has a slim build. Up top he usually has on his favorite orange beanie that’s kinda beat up and his glasses. He prefers to dress comfortably in his baggy beige sweater and dark blue cargo pants, with brown sandals on his feet. He doesn’t have a trainer belt just a one-strap black book bag with a huge magikarp pin on it.

Personality: He a pretty distant kid that doesn’t talk much around new people. He’s not awkward, he’s usually just thinking about Pokémon strategies and teams. He’s pretty respectful but rebellious by nature and would rather learn things his way. Very stubborn. He invites a challenge and isn’t afraid to battle anyone at any time. Once he warms up to you you’ll see the goofier side of him. He loves joking and listening to music with Xatu. He is easily distracted by women though and Xatu always has to reel him in.

Him and Xatu have a funny relationship like that. Also if it doesn’t involve Pokémon his memory is pretty bad.

Hometown and region: Olivine Town, Johto

Backstory: Originally johtonian, Elger raised himself for the most part. His dad was usually away on business trading goods and supplies between different marts in Kanto and Johto. His mom worked with the Daycares and spent most of her time caring for baby Pokémon. He often missed being with them but because no one was home he was free to do as he pleased. His dad would always write, sending home gifts to the family, and upon expanding to the Hoenn Region he sent Elger a Pokédex and a heavy ball.

“My boooooy, I hope all is well! I know being alone might be getting to ya and keeping the house together is a pain. I wanted to show so some sort of appreciation. This is a special Pokémon, one my friend bred up specifically for you. I know your itching to get out of Johto but I want you to fill out some of the Dex first. I know you will, you my son HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anyway your not a kid anymore, YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS NOW! THE WORLD IS YOURS SO LEAVE A MARK ON IT! - Dad”

This vibrant feeling of excitement filled Elger from his toes to his nose. He opened his new Pokédex smiling ear to ear, but that quickly changed when he discovered there was only one entry.

“What the heck is a...Naaa...tui....Natuo...Natu, and it’s here in Johto!?”

After getting frustrated trying to pronounce the name he remembered he had the heavy ball. He dashed outside and headed for the beach.

“Ok! Cmon Gyarados!”

He launched the orb near the shore line but the ball didn’t go far at all, instead it plummeted into the sand as if it were coming from space. It opened and red beam shot out forming the the most abstract looking shape. Whatever it was is was massive, Elger almost instinctively he grabbed the Dex and flipped it out. The bright red light finally solid if into a beast a little bit bigger than a small boat, jagged and smooth at the same time. It examined its surroundings before noticing young man before it. They share an intense gaze follow by a moment of silence. Then finally...

“Rhyhorn, the Spiked Pokémon. Rhyhorn is known for its physical power and its considerable offensive and defensive battle skills.”

“Whooooooa your huuuuge.”

The rhyhorn immediately took offense to the comment and charged. That day they ran though Olivine until the sun went down. From then on however together they ran through almost every trainer in Johto.

“That’s number eighty Lucz we’re getting there.” He said with a smile.

He rode Lucy home to discover a new letter from his father.

“It’s been almost a year now, I hope you and your friend have been working hard because your time is up. It’s time for you to fly my boy. Along with this you’ll notice some boat tickets I won’t tell you where you’re going but its not Kanto. You’ll also notice there’s another poke ball too. It’s empty, I won’t be holding your hand anymore especially once you step on the boat so....catch you one more Pokémon and choose wisely. You’ll never forget your first two catches. YOU LEARN EM! YOU LOVE EM! The boat doesn’t leave for another couple months. Let me know when you get out there kid. -Love Dad”

Goal: Travel across all regions and eventually become a Pokémon Professor.

Ace: Lucy [F] Rhyhorn

What does TDIP stand for: The Dodge It Problem

Pokémon:
Name: X
Species: Xatu
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
Moves: Teleport, Psychic, Feather Dance, Air Slash
Other: Has the expert belt wrapped around its head.

Name: Lucy
Species: Rhyhorn
Ability: Rockhead
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Counter, Scary Face, Bulldoze, Dragon Rush

Last edited:
@PyroGaleZX needs to accept your bio before you can post an RP response. Plus, everyone is in Motostoke and Hulbury wouldn't have been completely empty. Pokemon and people who don't care about what's happening in Motostoke Stadium or want to see it on the large monitor in the Pokemon Center are there. Nessa just isn't there.

@PyroGaleZX needs to accept your bio before you can post an RP response. Plus, everyone is in Motostoke and Hulbury wouldn't have been completely empty. Pokemon and people who don't care about what's happening in Motostoke Stadium or want to see it on the large monitor in the Pokemon Center are there. Nessa just isn't there.

If that’s to me my bad I misunderstood him saying the thread is open and mentioning Nessa was just like a character quirk thing I planned on starting in Motostoke anyway. What do I do now then?

Just wait until PyroGaleZX says you are accepted. Then you can post to the RP. I mean... You said your character was in Hulbury, unless your character stopped at the wrong spot and was in Motostoke. xD

In Motostoke, there are still people milling around, but the majority of them are at home, in the Pokemon Center, or in the stadium. :3 There is also a huge monitor on the stadium that showcases what's happening inside, but to a lesser extent so people still need tickets or be a part of the Gym Challenge to be in the stadium's bleachers (at least, that's how I think that works).

@Cerb900 You are still missing something from your bio, and if I may be blunt here, it doesn't appear that you prioritized reading through the rules and character bio ahead of time since you continue to miss information. As well you posted before you were accepted so right now it is hard to accept you even if you had all the required parts filled out. Thank you for your application but for now you are NOT accepted.

@Cerb900 You are still missing something from your bio, and if I may be blunt here, it doesn't appear that you prioritized reading through the rules and character bio ahead of time since you continue to miss information. As well you posted before you were accepted so right now it is hard to accept you even if you had all the required parts filled out. Thank you for your application but for now you are NOT accepted.

I’ve read them like 4 times and compared my sheet to others I’m not seeing it can you just tell me what needs to be fixed

So sorry about not posting in a while. Good lord. XD @Crimson Sun and I decided to figure out how the battle would work. Just wanted to ask to see if we can get some outsider suggestions though.

How can trainers assist in a Pokemon battle? I'm assuming the Guard Bands also aid in preventing the trainers from getting hit, but would the attack phase through them or stop when they hit the barrier surrounding them? I'm assuming that actual attacks are the ones that get blocked but what about the trainers fighting each other and another actions taken by Pokemon that aren't official moves or attacks they have in their moveset? I doubt that there would be a brawl between two trainers (at least not in this fight), but if one of them can trip up because of a leg sweep from the other trainer, that would be interesting.

We are basically trying to figure out how far the trainers can go in this performance and get examples about how to go about this because we've been stumped. XD At least I have been stumped. I figured that this performance is going to be one of those one-upping contests where we try to look pretty/cool/beautiful/clever/tough more than the other person and screw up the other trainer by messing up their trainer's and Pokemon's coordination and combos, but what can we do to go about it?

Examples of what to do and what not to do will be extremely helpful. If anybody else has a question about how this should work or want to make sure their example can work for their next performance, then it would be greatly appreciated to let us know so we can figure out how this thing works. XD I've never done this before besides have my trainer jump in front of a Pokemon attack to take the blow, so this is definitely interesting.

@Merciless Medic Good Question, and no need to worry, it's good to know where the lines are for this kind of stuff. Sorry also about this, I'm not the best when it comes to explaining stuff 90% of the time so I apologize for the confusion.

For starters the contests I imagined are pretty much exactly how you described, trying to one-up your opponent in style while trying to disrupt their performances in a way.

In terms of combat, the rules in place are essentially the same as the severity of a school ground fight. Pushing and tripping openly and on purpose are seen as dishonorable but nothing for staff to get up in arms about, the line that is drawn for these rules is physically assaulting another trainer. Basically, the character attacking has open intentions to physically harm their competition, examples are punching, kicking, biting, headbutting, karate chopping, suplexing, wrestling, throwing, dislocating arms or other limbs. The borderline I would say for how much a trainer would be allowed to get away with is at most walking over and stomping on a competitor's foot, (Bolding for eyecatching).

Next the barriers full on block attacks like the trainer is using Protect, a barrier forms and blocks Special Attacks like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Water Gun, and repels physical attacks like Crabhammer, Brick Break, or Pound, however the force from blocking an attack can still throw a player off. An example is if a Machamp uses Close Combat and a trainer jumps in to block it, Machamp is pushed back but the trainer won't be standing like an iron wall.

I really hope this makes sense and if there's any questions or suggestions please send them.

In terms of combat, the rules in place are essentially the same as the severity of a school ground fight. Pushing and tripping openly and on purpose are seen as dishonorable but nothing for staff to get up in arms about, the line that is drawn for these rules is physically assaulting another trainer. Basically, the character attacking has open intentions to physically harm their competition, examples are punching, kicking, biting, headbutting, karate chopping, suplexing, wrestling, throwing, dislocating arms or other limbs. The borderline I would say for how much a trainer would be allowed to get away with is at most walking over and stomping on a competitor's foot, (Bolding for eyecatching).

Ohhhh okay. So the trainers can't damage each other at all or do anything with them that could be considered dishonorable and I'm assuming the trainers can't do these things to the other Pokemon anyway. Gotcha.

Next the barriers full on block attacks like the trainer is using Protect, a barrier forms and blocks Special Attacks like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Water Gun, and repels physical attacks like Crabhammer, Brick Break, or Pound, however the force from blocking an attack can still throw a player off. An example is if a Machamp uses Close Combat and a trainer jumps in to block it, Machamp is pushed back but the trainer won't be standing like an iron wall.

Ahh gotcha, so blocking an attack (or at least redirecting it without hurting the Pokemon) would be allowed. What about if a Pokemon body checks the opponent's trainer, but it isn't considered Tackle or Body Slam or Slam or any other body-checking move and it's not an attack (just a way a Pokemon can biologically do a thing and use it to it's advantage)? It's just to shove them out of the way via using your Pokemon.

Ahh gotcha, so blocking an attack (or at least redirecting it without hurting the Pokemon) would be allowed. What about if a Pokemon body checks the opponent's trainer, but it isn't considered Tackle or Body Slam or Slam or any other body-checking move and it's not an attack (just a way a Pokemon can biologically do a thing and use it to it's advantage)? It's just to shove them out of the way via using your Pokemon.

For that stuff I would say it's alright, like (for example) a Charizard whipping up a gust of wind, something it should be able to do despite not getting the move Gust or Whirlwind (last I checked). Those I'd say are okay I don't have personal problem and I feel that going as far to say a Pokemon can't perform a basic body check if it's moveset doesn't contain Tackle or Body Slam or something would definitely restrict the Pokemon from being these living creatures and minimizing them into bits of data. TL;DR - Let the Pokemon fight like animals!

gotta make a character with the character sheet given in the very first post of this thread.

During the RP, my character (Reggie) and Crimson Sun's character (Lucas) are doing a semifinal contest battle in the Action Contest in Motostoke, while people are watching.

By the way, @Crimson Sun , you doing okay?

Name: Maple Gemini
Looks: White shirt that goes down her body that has a green crop top with a Pokeball outline on it and and eevee on the back. Green short shorts with green stockings and black and green sneakers. With green and black fingerless gloves and a backpack that's green and black. She is very short and stands 4'11" with light purple eyes. She has short blueish purple hair that is just past her ears.
Personality: She is very shy and gentle she prefers to befriend pokemon although she will battle with them. She gets lost easily and is very naive.
Hometown & Region: Spikemooth, Galar & Blackthorn City, Johto
Backstory: She lived in blackthorn city with her father and mother. Her mother died a few weeks after she was born and her father would raise her. He never treated her well eventually he abandoned her. She was put into an orphanage in Johto. When she was ten she was adopted by a family that soon moved to spikemooth. This is where she grew up for the next 8 years.
Goal:
* To catch lots of pokemon
* to become a grass, and bug-type expert.
* To discover mysteries.
* Become a bug/grass-type gym leader.
She doesn't really have a way she plans to do this but she just wants to do the best she can to do them.

What does TDIP stand for: the dodge it problem.

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Sizzlipede
Nickname: Spicy
Ability: Flash Fire
Current Moves: Venoshock, Flame Wheel, Bug Bite, Bite (currently)

Name: Jacob Levant
Looks: Short black hair with a white streek in it, greyish blue eyes, and is very tall and thin, grey sleeveless shirt with a red and black vest over it. A hat that is white with two stones on it. Grey cargo pants with holes in the knees, a belt/fanny pack that his pokeballs are attached to. With lace up brown boots, already is 6'7" in height. His right hand is bandaged up from having bad burns on it and tendinites. That will sometimes flare up, as well as a fingerless black glove to protect the bandages.
Personality: He loves to tease girls and make them blush, he also is very brave but stoburn. He is very protective of his pokemon. He hates to be kept waiting and is very impatient. He is very understanding and forgiving though.
Hometown & Region: Malie City, Alola region
Backstory: He lived there with his mother and little sister who was six years younger than him. She and his mother lived quiet the comfortable life with his mother being a taylor. He never knew his dad for his dad left to travel the world and never came back. For that reason his mother originally grew up hating pokemon. She at first would refuse to let him have one even when he was olde nough to have a pokemon of his own. He didn't get his first one till he was fourteen he found a injured litleo female. This is what would end up his first pokemon. After his mother saw how good he was with pokemon she went out and got him two other pokemon and allowed him to travel the region one of those pokemon he kept at home for his sister when she would be old enough for a pokemon (shes open to play) he left her a grubbin. He did gain keep one of his other pokemon though being a Dratini. After about 3 years of traveling his region he finally had saved up enough money to travel to the galar region where he has caught one more pokemon. He plans to start a very long journey here.
Goal:
* to find his father (doesn't know how he's going to do that)
* To travel (he is already beginning to do that)

What does TDIP stand for: as was said above

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Litleo
Nickname: Nina
Ability: Rivalry
Current Moves: Fire Fang, Endeavor, Headbutt, Wild Charge

Species: Dratini
Nickname: Tina
Ability: Shed Skin
Current Moves: Thunderbolt, Agility, Thunderwave, Dragon Tail

Species: Eiscue
Nickname: Shawn
Ability: Ice Face
Current Moves: Ice Punch, Powdered Snow, Iron Defense, Zen Headbutt

Name: Cyrstal Xanders
Looks: Long brown hair normally up in a pony tail, deep blue eyes that look very kind. About 5'3" in height so not short but not tall either. Red ribbon skarf always tied around her neck, with a black tant top with a purple shrug with short sleeves over it. With a black skirt with a white Pokeball outline on it, the top of the skirt has a trim of yellowish gold, with white stockings and black slip on shooes.
Personality: She is very kind but can be very stuck up when she wants to be. Lots of girls tend to not like her. She doesn't know why but she tends to get catty with other girls. She is however good with kids under ten. She is very wild and tends to forget shes in a skirt. She also is very curious and this can get her into trouble.
Hometown & Region: Post wick, Galar
Backstory: She comes from a family that owned a wooloo farm, and grew up around pokemon her father was the one that owned the ranch her mother owned a pokemon nursery. Where people could bring eggs or pokemon they did not want and would find homes for them. So she grew up around many kinds of pokemon. Both her parents had done the gym challenges so she wanted to do something different with her life and decided to go for the action contests. Now finally feeling shes ready to leave home she leaves with her two pokemon that she grew up with but just recently started training within the past 2 years which were Pixie the Kantonian Vulpix, and Sven the alolan vulpix.
Goal:
* She wants to win the top prize of the Action contests. She going to get beautiful yet strong pokemon to compete with her and will train very hard with them or at least that's her current plan.
What does TDIP stand for: already said what this was

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Vulpix
Nickname: Pixie
Current Moves: Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Double team, Swift

Species: Vulpix (alolan)
Nickname: Sven
Ability: Snow Cloak
Current Moves: Confuse Ray, Mist, Ice Beam, Aurora Veil

might make more later

Name: Maple Gemini
Looks: White shirt that goes down her body that has a green crop top with a Pokeball outline on it and and eevee on the back. Green short shorts with green stockings and black and green sneakers. With green and black fingerless gloves and a backpack that's green and black. She is very short and stands 4'11" with light purple eyes. She has short blueish purple hair that is just past her ears.
Personality: She is very shy and gentle she prefers to befriend pokemon although she will battle with them. She gets lost easily and is very naive.
Hometown & Region: Spikemooth, Galar & Blackthorn City, Johto
Backstory: She lived in blackthorn city with her father and mother. Her mother died a few weeks after she was born and her father would raise her. He never treated her well eventually he abandoned her. She was put into an orphanage in Johto. When she was ten she was adopted by a family that soon moved to spikemooth. This is where she grew up for the next 8 years.
Goal:
* To catch lots of pokemon
* to become a grass, and bug-type expert.
* To discover mysteries.
* Become a bug/grass-type gym leader.
She doesn't really have a way she plans to do this but she just wants to do the best she can to do them.

What does TDIP stand for: the dodge it problem.

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Sizzlipede
Nickname: Spicy
Current Moves: Venoshock, Flame Wheel, Bug Bite, Bite (currently)

Name: Jacob Levant
Looks: Short black hair with a white streek in it, greyish blue eyes, and is very tall and thin, grey sleeveless shirt with a red and black vest over it. A hat that is white with two stones on it. Grey cargo pants with holes in the knees, a belt/fanny pack that his pokeballs are attached to. With lace up brown boots, already is 6'7" in height. His right hand is bandaged up from having bad burns on it and tendinites. That will sometimes flare up, as well as a fingerless black glove to protect the bandages.
Personality: He loves to tease girls and make them blush, he also is very brave but stoburn. He is very protective of his pokemon. He hates to be kept waiting and is very impatient. He is very understanding and forgiving though.
Hometown & Region: Malie City, Alola region
Backstory: He lived there with his mother and little sister who was six years younger than him. She and his mother lived quiet the comfortable life with his mother being a taylor. He never knew his dad for his dad left to travel the world and never came back. For that reason his mother originally grew up hating pokemon. She at first would refuse to let him have one even when he was olde nough to have a pokemon of his own. He didn't get his first one till he was fourteen he found a injured litleo female. This is what would end up his first pokemon. After his mother saw how good he was with pokemon she went out and got him two other pokemon and allowed him to travel the region one of those pokemon he kept at home for his sister when she would be old enough for a pokemon (shes open to play) he left her a grubbin. He did gain keep one of his other pokemon though being a Dratini. After about 3 years of traveling his region he finally had saved up enough money to travel to the galar region where he has caught one more pokemon. He plans to start a very long journey here.
Goal:
* to find his father (doesn't know how he's going to do that)
* To travel (he is already beginning to do that)

What does TDIP stand for: as was said above

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Litleo
Nickname: Nina
Ability: Rivalry
Current Moves: Fire Fang, Endeavor, Headbutt, Wild Charge

Species: Dratini
Nickname: Tina
Ability: Shed Skin
Current Moves: Thunderbolt, Agility, Thunderwave, Dragon Tail

Species: Eiscue
Nickname: Shawn
Ability: Ice Face
Current Moves: Ice Punch, Powdered Snow, Iron Defense, Zen Headbutt

Name: Cyrstal Xanders
Looks: Long brown hair normally up in a pony tail, deep blue eyes that look very kind. About 5'3" in height so not short but not tall either. Red ribbon skarf always tied around her neck, with a black tant top with a purple shrug with short sleeves over it. With a black skirt with a white Pokeball outline on it, the top of the skirt has a trim of yellowish gold, with white stockings and black slip on shooes.
Personality: She is very kind but can be very stuck up when she wants to be. Lots of girls tend to not like her. She doesn't know why but she tends to get catty with other girls. She is however good with kids under ten. She is very wild and tends to forget shes in a skirt. She also is very curious and this can get her into trouble.
Hometown & Region: Post wick, Galar
Backstory: She comes from a family that owned a wooloo farm, and grew up around pokemon her father was the one that owned the ranch her mother owned a pokemon nursery. Where people could bring eggs or pokemon they did not want and would find homes for them. So she grew up around many kinds of pokemon. Both her parents had done the gym challenges so she wanted to do something different with her life and decided to go for the action contests. Now finally feeling shes ready to leave home she leaves with her two pokemon that she grew up with but just recently started training within the past 2 years which were Pixie the Kantonian Vulpix, and Sven the alolan vulpix.
Goal:
* She wants to win the top prize of the Action contests. She going to get beautiful yet strong pokemon to compete with her and will train very hard with them or at least that's her current plan.
What does TDIP stand for: already said what this was

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Vulpix
Nickname: Pixie
Current Moves: Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Double team, Swift

Species: Vulpix (alolan)
Nickname: Sven
Ability: Snow Cloak
Current Moves: Confuse Ray, Mist, Ice Beam, Aurora Veil

might make more later

You are accepted, I will admit that three characters does worry me but if you feel confident to keep them managed then go for it.

:)
Name: Sky Shine
Looks: Sky has a thin pair of glasses, white skin, Bright green eyes, and long straight blond hair. Sky can usually be seen wearing a pale bright blue t shirt and black shorts.
Personality: Sky is a very outgoing person who loves being near people and pokemon, she tries to make other people feel welcome all the time!
Hometown & Region: They were born in Alola and were raised in Iki town
Backstory: Before being born, Skies parents lived in Kalos as assistance to Professor Sycamore, they did this for a number of years before they were informed that Skys mother was pregnant, after learning about this, they decided that it would be best to move to Alola so they could spend more time with their child. After saying their goodbyes, Sycamore gave them a Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin egg as a small thank you for the help they did around the laboratory. A few years later Sky and a few other kids of a similar age range were trained by Hala for most of their lives and became respected trainers in Melemele island, and after winning in an Iki town competition, she was given the chance to go to Galar and take on the gym challenge that was there because he was certain that a trainer like her would be able to get approved in no time!
Goal: Skys goal is to become strong enough to go to all sorts of regions to battle, catch, and learn all sorts of things about every region there is. Sky will be trying to work towards this goal by trying to become one of the strongest battlers in the Gym challenge!
What does TDIP stand for: The Dodge It Problem

Pokemon Sheet
Species: Braixen (F)
Ability: Blaze
Current Moves: Fire Spin, Shock Wave, Psyshock, Flamethrower

Species: Rockruff (M)
Ability: Own Tempo
Current Moves: Rock Tomb, Bite, Thunder fang, Fire fang

Name: Jay
Looks: Jay wears a black hoodie, green jeans and red shoes
Personality: A friendly trainer, he has a lot of fun in battles.
Hometown & Region: Unova
Backstory: Unova being his home, his father took a trip to the Galar Region, where he gave his son his final gift: a Dynamax Band. The next day, his father disappeared...

He wants to prove himself worthy to people by facing off against Leon.
Goal: To prove to others that he's no pushover, beat Leon (how he's gonna do it)
What does TDIP stand for:
The dodge it problem
Pokemon Sheet:
Species: Dartrix (M)
Nickname: N/A
Ability: Overgrow
Current Moves: Razor Leaf, Peck, Hidden Power (Grass), Quick Attack

Egg
Pokemon Breeded: Lycanroc (Midday Form) F, Hydreigon M