• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Galaxy At War [A Mass Effect RP, Discussion/Sign-Ups]

I'd originally intended to make this RP based off of Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer, but I decided to go with Mass Effect 3's instead.

The Milky Way Galaxy is under attack. The Reapers, an ancient race of sentient machines, have attacked the galaxy, burning worlds and stealing the people of the Milky Way. Those they take, living or dead, are turned into monstrous, walking corpses who now serve the Reapers. To stop them, people of the Milky Way, no matter their past or beliefs, must stand together now to stall the Reapers. There's no way they can be beat conventionally. The strike teams on in the field don't need to. They just need to get in, do what they need to do, and get out.

All "N7" Strike Teams currently reside on the SSV Thermopylae, a Normandy-class frigate. The SSV Thermopylae is captained by Captain Joseph Jamison (If we can get the RP up and running, I'll make a form for him specifically, too).

Before we get to the character sheets, here are the rules:
1. No characters used in the games, or any other official piece of Mass Effect media.
2. You can have up to three OC's. I will control any story-essential characters that are not controlled by someone else. (Story essential OC's like Anderson and Nihlus's replacements don't count against your OC limit, so long as they're not used.) If one of your OC's die, you CAN replace them with a different one. They can also be stationed on the ship beforehand as a member of the crew.
3. Your characters can be any race, and so long as they don't break the lore, we're good.
4. Romances ARE allowed, just don't get descriptive.
5. Of course, there will be a decent amount of gore, just try not to get too descriptive.
6. Swearing is allowed.
7. Follow Pokecharm's rules.
8. Despite the fact that this is pre-ME:A, I'll allow you to mix up the classes.
9. Mention something about how much of a G Garrus is or how much Ashley sucked in the "Other" section so I know you read the rules. You won't be accepted otherwise.
10. You can have up to eight abilities of your choosing.
11. For the purpose of refraining from OP characters, you can only have the "Flare" ability from ME3's Omega DLC if you're a damn powerful Biotic that only uses Biotic powers, meaning no Tech or Combat abilities.
12. Since this involved numerous species, you can have six characters.
13. Try to mix it up. I know the Geth are OG badasses, but I don't want multiple Geth in the beginning. This rule is mainly stated because the last time I made a Mass Effect RP, we had one Turian, one Human, and three Geth.
14. Assume Shepard went with a full Paragon run. Saved the Council, Wrex survived ME1, cured the Genophage, peace between Geth and Quarians, etc., etc.
15. Ashley Williams died on Virmire (seriously, screw her).

I'm aware these are a lot of rules. I wish that wasn't the case, but with the amount of possibilities in this RP, I'd like to make sure things don't get too OP, unrealistic (for the ME Universe, anyway), or out of control.

Name:
Nicknames/Callsigns/Aliases (Optional):
Species:
Class:
Weaponry:
Skill-set:
Combat Abilities (If any):
Biotic Abilities (If any):
Tech Abilities (If any):
Backstory (Optional):
Training (If any, Optional):
Armor Appearance:
Physical Appearance:
Other:

Name: Cyreena Sevesis
Nicknames/Callsigns/Aliases (Optional): Cyree, Cy, or Sev
Species: Turian
Class: Adept
Weaponry: Phaeston Rifle, Black Widow Sniper Rifle, M-11 Wraith Shotgun, M-6 Carnifex Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG.
Skill-set: Cyreena knows her way around each of her weapons, which are heavily modified, and her biotics. She is also a skilled martial artist, and can use her biotics to increase her melee abilities.
Combat Abilities: Incendiary and Cryo ammo, Frag Grenades.
Biotic Abilities: Lash, Shockwave, Push, Slam, Biotic Focus
Backstory: Cyreena was born approximately 24 years ago, to a homeless couple on Omega. At the age of seven, her parents were killed in some gang dispute, and the incident left her an orphan, with no known family. A bonus this gave her, unlike living on the streets of a more civilized place, was that she then grew up in a gang, where she learned to use a gun. When Cerberus attacked Omega, Cyreena was lucky enough to flee aboard one of their shuttles. Later, she joined up with the Alliance Joint-Species "N7" Special Operations.
Training: She grew up on Omega.
Armor Appearance: Cyreena's armor is silver, with splashes of green.
Physical Appearance: Cyreena stands at about 6'5, and has the average appearance of a Turian woman. She has sapphire-blue eyes, and green face paint found all over her mandibles and down her forehead to her nose.
Other: Garrus Vakarian is the biggest G around.