• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

General Anime Discussion Thread

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
@FalChromiforme
Good beginner Anime:
  • DragonBall Z
  • Naruto
  • Bleach
  • Sailor Moon
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Trigun
  • Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (maybe)
  • Pokemon
  • Digimon (preferably season 1)
  • Gundam
  • NOT Elfen Lied (my brother's best friend made that mistake)
  • Whatever your first Anime was (if not on this list already)
Those are my suggestions. There are probably other good choices and many not so good choices. Basically, if it aired on Toonami between the mid 90's to the end of Toonami's first run it is probably a good choice since those were many of our first Anime. It also depends on what genre you want your friend to experience first. An ecchi series is probably a bad idea because your friend might associate all Anime with gratuitous panty shots and naked girls. Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are on the list because, aside from being old school and fucking awesome, they're also Space Westerns which help bridge the gap between Western culture and Japanese culture. I also recommend that you're friends first Anime be dubbed just so they aren't overwhelmed with reading subtitles for 20 minutes (unless the Anime you pick has a shitty dub in which case get them used to subs already :p)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So I've been watching Soul Eater on Netflix again, because I always start watching Soul Eater again when I'm worn out/bored/can't think of what else to watch/etc., and I recently hit my favourite episode (Episode 21): "May My Soul Reach You – A Dry Heart inside Unbearable Isolation?", better known to me as the "Crazy Maka/Crona episode".

Now that I've seen this episode multiple times over it's safe to say that it's one of my favourite episodes from any Anime in general. What the episode does has always just really hit home for me.

... It's just so bloody cute! I love Soul Eater. ;_;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
As the magical boy anime(Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!/Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!) ended today, I decided to finally share my thoughts about this show.

To be completely honest, I freaking love it. It's cheesy and silly and even heartwarming at times, and in a way, that made me love the anime even more. There's quite a bit of subtle and not-so-subtle foreshadowing throughout, though the pacing got kind of weird around episode 10-ish.

Pros:
-Comedy is pretty spot-on most of the time. I found myself laughing in every episode, and all their (excuse my use of TV Trope stuff) lampshading and stuff was utterly hilarious. I loved how they not only poked fun at the genre of magical girls but also how a magical boy anime wouldn't work out quite that well if they stuck with the same formula and whatnot.
-Character relationships! This was one of the main selling points for me once we started to get towards the meat of the story around episode 4. I absolutely loved seeing the subtle evolution of trust and friendship between the older members of the Defense Club and Yumoto/Scarlet, along with the friendship all the other members had for each other. Episodes 6, 8, and 10 are particularly memorable for this very reason.
-The art and animation are really cute! They ended up using a lot of stock photos and animations sometimes (particularly transformation scenes and attacks), but would still reanimate scenes and even re-do the voice overs whenever they had to (Episode 4 in particular comes to mind).
-The evolution of the characters going from "why are we doing this, can we not" to just "okay this again, I guess we have to do something" was really nice and gradual, and I guess realistic.

Cons:
-Like I said, the pacing was somewhat rushed towards the end. I honestly felt like the anime should've had at least one or two more episodes instead of ending at 12, and that might've fixed some of these problems.
-There have been some questionable jokes on the show, particularly one in Episode 7 that sounded suspiciously like... well, I really don't want to say it. But that wasn't funny.
-Fanservice was a bit overdone in certain episodes, along with the not-so-subtle bromance hinting at yaoi. I personally couldn't stand some of the bath scenes because of all the nakedness and whatnot :x
-The wham stuff in the last episode... were really lamely done. And could've been much better executed.
-I honestly wished they could've expanded more on the relationships between the Student Council members! They vaguely hinted at Akoya and Kinshiro having a disagreement, and Arima being ridiculously passive and just following orders. I know they explore this more in the manga, but still.

Overall I really enjoyed this anime and highly recommend it to anyone who just wants a good laugh, but beware of getting too attached to the characters (which I made the mistake of doing). ^^;

Last edited:

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
So, I just finished Death Parade. Holy Shit. I watched it towards the end and I flailed right before the credits. Had to change my avi on top of that. Can't wait to break my heart in English!~
Besides that I'm watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It's really interesting, with the whole stand concept and all. I finished the 90's OVA thing, that had like 6 episodes. I'm planning to watch the rest in due time. So,Any spring season anime's to look for? Preferably something that won't break your heart and make you yell at your TV?

Just finished Gurren Lagaan. I Have to say I am horribly depressed with the last 5 episodes. So Now I Guess Ill Rewatch Sword Art Online. And then watch SAO2? Do I have to remember every detail just to watch the second one? Anyhow Im also watching Naruto Shippuden(hope I Spelt That Right.) for a second time. also does anyone know how RBWY or however the acronym goes....

Just finished Gurren Lagaan. I Have to say I am horribly depressed with the last 5 episodes. So Now I Guess Ill Rewatch Sword Art Online. And then watch SAO2? Do I have to remember every detail just to watch the second one? Anyhow Im also watching Naruto Shippuden(hope I Spelt That Right.) for a second time. also does anyone know how RBWY or however the acronym goes....

I believe there are "recap episodes" for SAO that summarize what has happened so far in preparation for the next arc (there are for the subbed version, anyway. Not sure about the dubbed.). Otherwise, just reading a summary of the plot on the wiki could help. However, it's not absolutely necessary. SAO II's first arc, Phantom Bullet, is basically just Kirito and a new girl in a game called Gun Gale Online, and while there are a few references to the first season and minor appearances by other characters, it's mostly new stuff, focusing on Kirito and the new girl, Sinon, and GGO. For the second arc, Calibur, you'll need to remember past characters (Klein, Lisbeth, Silica, etc.), as well as Asuna's past and experiences for the third arc, Mother's Rosario. Overall, you don't need to remember every detail, just be prepared for occasional references and returning characters.

As for RWBY, it's not outstanding compared to actual anime, but it's charming and funny, and can be pretty awesome to watch, due to the crazy fight scenes and weapons. It's on Roosterteeth, Youtube, and Crunchyroll for free.

Anyway, I'm posting here for the first time, as I've just started getting into anime. I do not have very much experience at all with it, other than bits and pieces of the English dubs of certain shows. There's Pokemon, Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh!, of course, as well as DBZ(mostly DBZ Kai and a little GT, as well as some of the films). I'm planning on attempting to watch the Subbed version of Digimon, as I've heard of its vast superiority to the dubbed version. I've also seen tiny bits of Naruto and One Piece. (In addition, I watched a film called...Spirited Away, I believe, when I was a kid, so I have vague memories of that.) My point is, I've mostly seen English dubs of popular anime for kids, watching them sporadically, as well as a few other random things.

However, over the past several months, I have watched both seasons of both Code Geass(dubbed) and SAO(subbed), and I have enjoyed them immensely. I plan on watching a few more soon, like Nichijou and Attack on Titan, to branch out a bit. Basically, I have developed a fledgling interest in anime, and due to the first two shows, which have wowed me beyond words, I plan on watching more and more in the future :8B:!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Watched Aldonoah.Zero's second season and I'm just... completely disappointed. Remember how I said I liked the first season? They honestly could've ended it there and I would've been happy, but the second season was... pretty bad. The new characters just came from left field (oh yeah, I totally have a sister that I never mentioned ever, at all, in the first season! And nobody ever hinted at it either!), and the character development was so forced I wanted to break the screen.

On a more positive note, rewatched all of KagePro and I am, once again, a puddle of feels. Still upset that the animation/art quality is really shitty, but apparently the Blu-Ray release helped that bit.

Only other anime I'm following at the moment is Assassination Classroom, and it's utterly hilarious if very episodic. The manga's further along than the anime is, and the storytelling can be a bit spotty at times, but overall I find this anime very enjoyable so far ♥ I just hope it ends on an okay note haaaa <<

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Now that this current season of Anime is quickly coming to a close, I'm curious what everyone has been watching throughout the spring season? :)

Due to my inability to ever finish an Anime-related post these days (don't even ask me how many I've started to write and simply never posted xp), I'm just going to list what I've been watching. Some of these shows I'm several weeks behind on but I plan to catch-up on all of them over the next couple of weeks, preferably in time for their season finales if they aren't continuing:

- Fairy Tail
- Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
- My Love Story!!
- Nisekoi
- Rin-ne
- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
- Food Wars!
- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
- Punch Line
- Sound! Euphonium
- My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO!
- Plastic Memories
- Seraph of the End

I believe that's it. I'd wanted to look into Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Alternative Architecture but I haven't yet gotten around to doing such. While I'm aware that Stand Alone Complex and 2nd GIG are not directly connected to Arise, both of which that I loved, I'm hopeful that Arise's TV retelling is just as good.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I've been watching Assasination Classroom, Seraph of the End, and Plastic Memories.
And Steven Universe best anime 2k15.

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
Steven Universe is an anime?! (jk)

Though not much of an anime,I recently saw Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva...

Who am I kidding? Professor Layton is 100% anime marerial!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've been watching Assasination Classroom, Seraph of the End, and Plastic Memories..

Now I feel dirty. I'm watching Seraph too and forgot to list it! ;_;

Fixed now. I've been really enjoying Seraph as well. It's my favourite type of shonen series: very much shonen due to a few common themes but otherwise not glaringly cliche. The team adapting it to TV are doing a great job as far as the visuals and music goes, too. Source material-wise, it's a good drama with interesting concepts. Likely one of my favourites of the season. :)

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
I can all see you're all obsessing over Owari No Seraph.
I've read the manga a while back, so I'm just going to wait until the anime catches up. In the meanwhile, I've binge watched and read Yona of the Dawn, and finally caught up with Jojo's bizarre adventure.
And I have yet to watch Assassination classroom.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Only decided to watch Owari no Seraph towards the end of the season and honestly I'm glad I did. Katie already put everything into words and I don't have anything to really add on XD

Still loving AssClass. Not much new there.

I also watched Mikagura High School Suite, which, like KagePro, was originally a Vocaloid song series. It was a rather boring watch, though there were some cute moments. The songs are always catchy though x3

Last anime I watched was Hibike! Euphonium and just.... argh. My feels ;w; I REALLY wish I had someone to fangirl over with, but everything about this anime is kind of really specific and the only reason why I feel so strongly about it is because of my experiences in orchestra. I've ended up crying in every episode, sometimes because of the music, other times because of the story, and still others just because the anime is so beautiful. I really do recommend this anime but it's somewhat niche so I dunno how well everyone else might react to it, but yeah. This one's definitely my new favorite of all time.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can all see you're all obsessing over Owari No Seraph.
I've read the manga a while back, so I'm just going to wait until the anime catches up.

It's actually entirely @Demelza's fault that I was so intrigued by the Anime series going into it. She's loved and avidly read the manga for ages so I'd already heard a lot about it and knew that I'd enjoy it. I was very correct in assuming such, too, because this first part of the Anime definitely did not disappoint. Really loved it and am dying to see more. xp

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Just started watching Hunter x Hunter and I'm really enjoying it so far~ I love all the main characters especially hee ♥

I've only just started the second arc but I'm already relating to Killua a lot. Fuck his mother so hard.

Started watching Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood again.I love this anime so darn much. :D And of course,I can't watch it without laughing at the funny scenes it has. :)

Am I the only person who isn't the biggest fan of Durarara? I feel like the show introduces way too many characters, and barely spends enough time on any of them. Not to mention that the characters they actually do focus on are boring sods (the main three teenagers come to mind, Mikado, Kida, and Anri).

Maybe I'm a little biased because the show's spiritual successor, Baccano, is so much better on every level. There's a large cast that is equally fleshed out, and all of them are at least somewhat interesting. It's also much more fun and less angsty. I think I'm just sad because Durarara got a season two and Baccano didn't ;-;

So, it's been a while since I've updated. I did not end up watching the previous shows I said I would watch yet. However, I did watch or am currently watching several anime since my last update. They are:

• Deadman Wonderland
  • Charlotte
  • Durarara!!
  • No Game No Life
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Blue Exorcist

I have enjoyed all of these, although I have some issues with some of them.

Deadman Wonderland was a really cool psychological-horror-type story. The opening scene in the first episode was brilliant and a lot darker than I anticipated, and the show only got more intriguing from there. However, because I watched the English dub, I did find some of the dialogue and its delivery laughable. Overall, though, I really loved it, and its a shame that there is only one season, especially because they clearly intended for there to be more. However, I am interested in reading the manga to continue the story, as my sister buys a new volume every now and then. Also, that OPENING! The song is so dark and catchy! Plus, the opening does a great job at foreshadowing some of the plot points throughout the season.

Charlotte was kind of up and down for me. It was short, only one 13-episode season, and I felt like that really hurt it in the long run, because the pacing was not great, and there was no breathing room whatsoever, making it feel very rushed, especially since they wanted to tell a whole story, introduce different characters, develop them, and still have time for lots of humor. However, I still enjoyed parts of it. The main character reminded me of Lelouch vi Britannia in some ways, and he was delightfully exasperated, reluctant, and selfish at times. I also enjoyed how every power was in some way limited or flawed. Overall, I would have enjoyed this a lot more if it was longer. It started okay for the first 5 episodes, got really, really good in episodes 6-10, then kind of dropped the ball in the last three episodes; some of it did not work and was WAY too rushed for my liking, while I did enjoy other parts of it. I recommend it, just don't expect too much out of it. As for the opening, the song and visuals are both very pretty, but not one of my favorites. I watched the subbed version, which had some hilarious mistakes from time to time.

Durarara!! is probably one of the best anime I have ever had the privilege to watch. It is the kind of show where you will either love it or hate it, as it has a ton of characters and enjoys keeping the viewers in the dark for extended periods of time. However, the reveals have a satisfying impact as a result, so I can't complain. The show is just so wacky and fun, and I love the characters and story. I just have no idea how I would describe this anime to someone else, because I cannot really pinpoint what it is about, exactly :? I just know that I am hooked, and I cannot wait to start watching x2 Ten. Also, I absolutely adore the first and third openings! Both are really good songs, and I love how all the characters are shown to be connected to each other, which is one of the main things in the show! I have been watching the English sub for this one.

No Game No Life was interesting enough, although no where near my favorites. I loved how it could turn something as simple as a coin toss into an intense battle full of tension and mind games. I'm not just not really a fan of seeing a naked twelve-year-old Shiro. If you want to do fan service, fine, but leave pre-teens out of it. :@ The opening is pretty good. Love the song, especially the piano, and the very end gives me chills. I watched the subbed version for this anime.

I have heard of FMA before, but I was never that interested by the very vague and sparse information I was given about it. However, after getting into the subbed version of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which I chose over the 2003 one because I heard this one followed the original manga story, I was absolutely blown away. My sister got me to watch the first few episodes with her, and ever since then, I've been hooked. I've seen the first two seasons so far, and I love where this is going. The plot and world and characters and just so intriguing, and the battles are pretty spectacular. And that first opening! It was one the best I've ever seen/heard, and I have played it over and over again since.

And finally, Blue Exorcist is another anime my sister wanted me to watch. It looks okay so far, but I don't really love it. I'll watch it with her anyway, but none of it impressed me that much, and I've heard it has a dip in quality later in the sow, and that the ending isn't that great.

So overall, I'd give Charlotte and the first season of No Game No Life a 7/10, Deadman Wonderland an 8/10, and Durarara!! and FMA: B a 10/10 based on what I've seen of them so far. Not really sure about Blue Exorcist, as I've only seen the first three episodes. I enjoyed Deadman Wonderland and Charlotte and wish they were longer, I will continue to absolutely love FMA: B and Durarara!! as I watch more seasons of them, and I will see how No Game No Life and Blue Exorcist go.

So, that's what I've been watching the past few months. Let me know if there is any suggestions for really good must-watches that I have not seen yet.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I am just here to announce that my favorite manga/anime series ever, D.Gray-man, is getting a new series this year \o/ The old D.Gray-Man anime is like, almost 10 years old now or so? Dang, time really flies. Regardless, I'm super excited for this; it's not entirely clear whether it's gonna be a complete reboot or a continuation of where the anime left off last time, but the art style looks rather different and we seem to be getting new voice actors and actresses.

There's just so much I'm looking forward to: new openings and endings, new voices, seeing some of the new characters getting voiced and animated, and amazing new action scenes and scenes that will rip my heart out and make me cry tears of blood. Honestly, I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a series before but I am ridiculously hyped ;w; the manga was on a two and a half year hiatus and only recently got out of it (chapters are released every 3 months, but it's much better than nothing and I'd prefer that over the mangaka compromising her own health), and hearing that it's getting a new anime just makes me really excited, ahhhhhhHHHHH ♥

Anyways, on to anime I've watched recently! Currently catching up with the newest season of Assassination Classroom and I'm excited to see all the stuff animated x3 Kayano's still a cutiepie~ Also saw some of One Punch Man but I never got to finish due to school and life getting in the way and forgetting about its existence for a while << Owari no Seraph also got a second season and it's still going great; I actually feel a little guilty that I like the series as much as I do as I'm usually averse to anything with vampires, but I... augh my feels ;w; I can't think of anything else I've seen recently that I haven't mentioned already, but yeah.

Well...
That moment that you see Dinosaur King in the anime section of Netflix.

Been trying to watch a little One Piece, RWBY, and Fairy Tail and I know what you are thinking "Good luck with that One Piece thing" I'm trying my best.

Other than that not much.

Hmmm, It would be cool if they made Pokemon Adventures anime.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I just finished watching Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi a few days ago (it's also known as Erased), and it's such a great show. I actually really appreciated some of the changes they made to the story compared to the manga; the flow worked well for a 12-episode anime so it's understandable that a lot of stuff would get cut out. I really relate to Kayo, and... well, if you watch the show and know a bit about me, you'll probably see why.

Admittedly, I only watched it because my crush recommended it and after asking him out on Thursday I felt obliged to binge it, but it was so good and so worth it. If you enjoy psychological animes, I think you'll enjoy this one.

Been watching Boku no Hero Academia it's a good anime, hopefully it will not be one of those animes that just had 12 episode.

I watch Soul eater, One Piece, Fairy Tail, RWBY (Canime), and others.

While I'm not a huge anime fan, I enjoy them for what they are and have a strong passion for some shows.

Animes that I like/love:
Pokemon: Okay, who hasn't?
Persona 4 the Animation (and Golden) : Possibly my favorite video game adaptation anime ever. Personally, I would say the dub is better. Yuri Lowenthal is amazing.
Cowboy Bebop: No explanation.
Berserk: Overall favorite dark fantasy series ever. Can't wait for the 2016 series to show how freaking awesome Guts is! ^-^
School Days: PFFF HAHAHAHAHA! NOPE! Except the last episode; dope stuff.
Yosuga no Sora: If you can get behind the incest, it's very beautiful and so is the music.
Gurren Lagann: Favorite anime of all time, no exceptions. Watch it and you can do the impossible.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Been watching Boku no Hero Academia it's a good anime, hopefully it will not be one of those animes that just had 12 episode.

I think it actually is only receiving a single season this time around sadly (13 episodes max), but hopefully they'll make lots more of it in the future. I've been really, really enjoying the anime adaption so far, too, and I don't regret getting a subscription for Funimation at all now. All Might brings out my inner superhero-loving idiot. :)

Lessee... At this current moment, my anime watchlist looks like this:

Simulcasts:
  • Bungo Stray Dogs - One of my top favourites of spring 2016's shows. Great animation, interesting plot, amusing characters, lovely music - it's got a lot going for it. It all just depends on where it goes from here.
  • Super Lovers - I likely never would have watched this one if not for @Demelza's interest in it ("Boys love" isn't usually a genre that I dip into), but it's surprisingly moving at times. And it has dogs. Everything is better with dogs.
  • Twin Star Exorcists - Have been finding this one fairly generic and, due to watching so much else this season, likely will be dropping it. If you're wanting to watch a new shonen series this season, this has nothing on My Hero Academia.
  • Naruto Shippuden - Started watching Naruto again when the Itachi-focused side story began. Now that Itachi's tale is over, likely going to continue watching it straight through to the end - or until we hit more filler. Whichever comes first.
  • And you thought there is never a girl online? - Please don't turn into a harem. Please don't turn into a harem. PLEASE don't turn into a harem. With that constant fear aside, this one has been surprisingly entertaining and I love how it jumps between the MMO world and the real world.
  • Space Patrol Luluco - This is a Trigger series in every way possible. It's random, utterly crazy, and has numerous larger than life characters. And it's amazing. For a show that runs a little under 8 minutes per week, hard to say no.
  • Big Order - This one comes from the creator of Future Diary, and it shows. Oh gods does it show. Currently not as good as Future Diary but still entertaining nonetheless. The jokes surrounding the main female character's special powers are brilliant.
  • The Lost Village - Another that I'm watching namely because of @Demelza but it has potential to be interesting. I'm just curious to see where it'll go and how well it'll do what it's striving to achieve. Now, if only the majority of the characters weren't so obnoxious...
  • Ace Attorney - As a fan of the original Phoenix Wright video game, had to watch this one. It's been quite fun so far, too!
  • Shounen Maid - This series has surpassed my expectations and ended up being a show that's both heartwarming and entertaining. It has yet to put a foot wrong. Really enjoying it.
  • Flying Witch - This one is a slower, peaceful, slice-of-life fantasy series with oodles of charm. Anyone expecting action or drama won't find it here but Flying Witch has been lovely in its own way. It's always a pleasure to watch each weekend.
  • Kiznaiver - Still not sure what to think of this one. I find the concept interesting and I'm semi-invested in the characters, but it's not properly caught me yet. Honestly, the main reason I'm watching it is because of the team who's behind it (and I love studio Trigger). Hoping that it gets better as the story progresses but I guess time will tell!
  • My Hero Academia - Easily my favourite show of the spring season. I love everything about it. It's been a great show to pick up after Fairy Tail season 2 ended. So much heart. It's excellent. ♥ If you appreciate a good shonen series, do yourself a favour and give this one a shot. It'll hopefully be worth your time.
  • Re:Zero - Sleeper hit of the season in my opinion. Re:Zero keeps treading on familiar ground but always manages to do something both original and HOLYSHITWHATAREYOUDOINGAHHHH. Every episode leaves me pondering the next in ways not many anime series do. Very much enjoying this one, and highly recommended to anyone who likes the fantasy genre, characters being transported from our world to a fantasy world, and mind games. Really hoping that it stays strong.
Catalogue titles:
  • Death Note - I'm still slowly but surely making my way through this one. Getting closer to finishing it now. Don't get me wrong, it is a good series; I'm just not entirely sure if it's quite the right fit for my tastes.
  • Black Butler: Book of Circus - So, so, so much better than the first two seasons of the anime. I've finally had the opportunity to watch this one on Funimation's streaming service and I'm really enjoying it. Much love for Sebastian and Ciel. ♥
  • Aoharu x Machinegun - Been rewatching this one with a friend and loving it just as much this time as I did my first viewing of it! The characters, music, and character expressions are just great. I love it lots, yes I do~
There's a number of shows that I recently finished but will need to comment about them later. </3

Last edited:

Jhan Garc

Formerly AkenabeShiro
Here's my new list.

Everyday life with monster girls (MonMusu): I need to calm my instincts while watching this. I also find it very fun.

World Trigger: Still haven't finished it. Getting close though.

My Hero Academia: THE DAY HAS COOOOOOOOME!!!!!

I guess I forgot to mention the best anime series since Bible Black, "Kiss x Sis"! Such quality~

Now a lot of people I know who had the misfortune to watch it calls it cancer and that's distasteful to be honest. A show like this should be classified with something much more fatal like internal bleeding, and having a family member who died from it...yup...this show is that. It's to be never seen unless you want to die.

(Also to respond to past comment I made all hyped foe the 2016 Berserk series, never look at the comment section and continue watching. "Fans" are creating the Red Sea with the salt that is being produced.)

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
In the course of a single morning I binge watched the entirety of Recovery of an MMO Junkie. The protagonist is 30-year-old Morika Moriko who quits her stressful deadend job at the beginning of the first episode to become a NEET. She decides to use her now limitless free time to get back into playing MMOs and starts playing a game called Fruits de Mer where she plays as a male warrior going by the name Hayashi. She keeps getting beaten by the first boss until she befriends a female healer named Lily and the two form a party together and eventually join the same guild. The show is a Rom-Com so I'm sure you all can guess how things will go both on and offline for Moriko. It's also a nice change of pace watching an anime centered around adults for a change (the youngest character in the show is 21) since it makes the character interactions more relateable from my perspective. I highly recommend it to everyone! ^_^

I recently tried getting back into Sword Art Online. I watched the first 10 episodes, then stopped for awhile. I got through 16 then stopped again. The concept is great, but there are a few things I cringed at, mainly the pacing of the story. Everything happens so fast that it's from one episode or plot to the next.

For example, when's revealed that Heathcliff is Akihiko Kayaba and he Kirito go into their ultimate battle minutes later. That could have been stretched over 5-6 episodes, especially after Kayaba says he is supposed to be the final boss on the 100th floor. Part of those episodes should have been Kirito tearing through those bosses on the next 25 floors to get to Kayaba and along the way he learns of Kayaba's motivations and reasons.

I guess we're putting Favorite Anime here? Might as well put a few of my personal favs here.

The Tower of Druaga
Yu-gi-oh! (Also known as Yugioh Season Zero, and not to be confused with Yugioh Duel Monsters)
Future Diary
Another
Baccano! (ONE OF MY FAVS, SO GOOD!)

I haven't seen many anime, but I read a TON of manga. So here's what I've been going through.
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Saint Seiya
Yu-gi-Oh!
Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Yu-Gi-Oh! R
Yu-Gi-Oh GX (I've been reading a lot of Yugioh)
Initial D
Yuu yuu Hakusho
P2- Let's Play Ping Pong! (Surprisingly good)
Captain Harlock
Claymore
Qwan