• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Genetically Mutated

Hinata Sasaki wasn't the kind of girl to do anything social. That was because she suffered from both social anxiety and ADHD. The training camp was a nightmare. 500 people?! She wasn't ready for this. Luckily, if she ever got into a fight, she could easily escape thanks to her quick reflexes and running. And for some reason, everything in her vision constantly moved. The training camp was apparently to awaken hidden superpowers and Hinata, curious, wanted to know if she had conditions that would help awaken them. As she walked in, she was scanned by an odd machine. "Genetic mutations detected," the machine said in a text-to-speech voice, "Awakening powers." Before Hinata knew it, a student in front of her was flying, terrified. Then the other student fell to the ground. "Ah, shit," the boy said, "I wish I had pain immunity instead." Hinata was confused. "W-what do you mean?" she asked, concerned. The boy laughed as he stood up, being a redhead a little taller than Hinata. "Well, some people have genetic mutations that give them resistance to pain and these machines awaken the power, giving them complete pain immunity," he explained, "But since I don't have that mutation, I still feel pain normally." Hinata sighed. "W-well, I guess that m-m-makes sense," she said, shaking, "Wait, what p-p-p-powers do you h-have?" The boy laughed. "I can control electricity and heat," he said, "And I can't run out of energy, but I can still get tired." Hinata raised an eyebrow. "Anyway, I'm Ethan Bennett," the boy said, "And I presume you're... Hinata Sasaki, if I'm not mistaken." Hinata blushed. How'd he know who she was? Was he stalking her? "Anyway, I should leave," Ethan said as he slipped away. Hinata sighed.

@GLITCHSKULL @Draco Nightshade

"I can't believe my parents sent me here." Artemis had arrived just in time to see someone get sent flying. "Oh boy." While normally a loner by nature, she couldn't help but be interested in the girl that kid left and figured she may as well introduce herself. "Hey, you alright?"

Ethan sighed as someone asked if he was alright. He turned around. "I'm fine," he laughed, "That girl didn't realize she had telekinesis." Ethan had just wanted to get to his dorm. Now he was getting a lot of attention. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I gotta get to my dorm," he said as he walked off, "Thanks for asking though."

Meanwhile, Hinata was just standing around, avoiding confrontation. Then she noticed something. A 14-year-old girl was being attacked. Hinata couldn't let this slide. Little did any of them know, it would all end in a second. Hinata ran at the assailant at full speed, knocking him unconscious. Hinata laughed sheepishly. "Oops," she said, "Only meant to knock him back." Before she knew it, the younger girl was gone. Hinata walked back to where she was standing. "This is already intense," she said to herself, "Might as well not talk to any others."

Sarah had been sent to this camp, she'd willingly signed up, it would just be a brand new experience for her, plus the amount of people to meet AND getting superpowers was certainly a hook, at least to her. She'd gone through the door awakening her powers of endurance and speed.

She looked around at the people present, seeing some girl knocking back a bully who was attacking some 14 year old, so she decided to meet the girl, walking over to Hinata "Heya!" She started simply "I saw what you did back there, that was cool!"

Hinata looked over to Sarah, nervous. "Oh... th-th-thanks, I guess," she said, "I'm still getting used to my powers, but I'm sort of getting the hang of them now." Hinata was... incredibly nervous. Embarrassed, even. She wanted to know why Sarah was impressed, but just couldn't say it. Ethan, on the other hand, was playing around in his dorm, despite being told not to.

Having little else to do, Artemis found a hidden corner and pulled out her steel knuckles. Sure, weapons probably aren't allowed here, but Artemis promised herself that she would never leave home without them. Making sure no one was looking, she got to cleaning and polishing them. Artemis had already undergone her awakening earlier, learning that she was able to control electricity, not to mention having extreme durability and endurance which suited her just fine.

"It's not problem! You'll figure them out eventually." She answered the girl, beaming with confidence, clearly contrasting with the nervous girl in front of her. "So, I assume you got some kind of psychokinesis power or something? I think that's great!" It looked like she was genuinely praising the girl, as there was no hint of sarcasm at anytime as she spoke.

The second Artemis was satisfied with her work, she quickly hid the blunt weapons on her person before taking another look around. Plenty of people around, she was honestly surprised this didn't blow up in the organizers' faces in the form of a riot or something yet.

Hinata blushed a tiny bit, smiling. "Actually, it's t-t-telekinesis," she said, "B-but thanks." The next second, Ethan was thrown onto the scene, covered in bruises. Ethan got up slowly, obviously in pain. "I can't control my ODD, okay?!" he shouted before realizing Hinata was just a few meters away. Staring at him. Ethan laughed sheepishly. "Sorry," he said, "Should've gotten outta that situation." He stood up and walked away. "Second injury today," Ethan muttered to himself, "Jeez, is it 'cause I'm Canadian?" Then he noticed another girl seeming to hide something. He scoffed to himself. "Holy shit," he said jokingly, "I've already been hit with 2 injuries in the past 10 minutes, I don't have the capacity for a third."

Artemis sighed as she overheard Ethan's comment and walked over to the group. "As long as you don't give me a reason to hit you, I'll be more than happy to keep my hands to myself, thank you very much." She then turned to the others and decided to introduce herself. "Artemis Jaeger."

"Ah, that's the word. Close enough" She shrugged, before looking at the boy that was thrown onto the scene, making comments as he got up "You should probably try to lay a bit lower than you have to avoid someone throwing you again" She joked, before noticing the other girl that approached them. "Heya! I'm Sarah, Windston."

Hinata sighed, stepping back a little. "Well, um... I'm pretty sure I have telekinesis and-" she said before she was cut of before an alarm blared. She covered her ears. What the hell just happened? Ethan covered his ears too. "WHAT IS THAT SHITTY NOISE?!" he shouted.

Meanwhile…

All Diego felt was cold. Despite his thick blue hoodie and the heat of the sun, he still shivered and shook. He wasn't bothered however, merely enjoying nature.

"W-w-what nice weather we're h-h-having today." He mumbled to himself as the tree he was leaning on grew cold, its bark becoming frosty.

He had just left his dorm and was trying to enjoy a couple minutes outside in the sun, and was trying to relax. He looked at the crowd of fellow teens and began to think when he heard a rustle in the bushes behind him.

"Hey, wait! I don't have any cash left to give!"

"H-h-huh?" Diego said as he peeked out behind the tree, using said tree to obscure his body from sight.

A frail teenage boy with decently large glasses stumbled out of the bushes. He looked and sounded like a fellow Asian, though he couldn't put his finger on what country. He looked like he'd been in a scuffle, and was paranoid, as he quickly looked around in fear. Whatever attacked that guy, Diego did not want it to happen to him.

An elongated arm whipped through the air and snatched the poor kid by the ankle, raising him up by his legs. A person walked out of the bushes.

"I honestly don't care. Cough up whatever valuables you have, nerd."

The person, a punk girl, with what Diego presumed was stretching powers, scoffed in a threatening tone. In a camp consisting of only teenagers, there were a couple of bad apples to be expected.

She started shaking the other boy vigorously, as Diego watched on in horror.

"Now t-t-that's cold-d-d…" He mumbled quietly from his vantage point, not wanting to get caught.

But not quietly enough it seemed, as the girl took notice of Diego's presence, probably in part due to the fact the air got colder when he was around.

"Think you can get cheeky with me, Chang? You must be daft!"

The girl whipped her right arm at the tree, her left one still carrying that. The stretchy arm wrapped around Diego like a python or boa constrictor, squeezing the life out of him. He writhed and resisted, but her grip was strong enough to bind him. She still flinched a little at his cold body as it chilled her hand.

"Quite the cold bloke we got here!" She cackled as her arm constricted harder.

"Hey! This wasn't part of the arrangement! Leave that random adolescent out of this!" The other boy screeched in fear and shame, even while upside down.

Diego finally remembered that he had something to help get out of her trap. His body and clothes turned negative, as the arm wrapped around him fell down, like there was nothing there to be wrapped around.

"H-h-hey! I'm n-n-not one for such a c-c-cold reception from you two… B-b-but while I'm here…" Diego mumbled cooly as his purple eyes glinted with excitement.

Chang and the boy in her other arm looked up in shock and fear, as Diego floated up into the air and promptly disappeared into thin air. The air grew frigid, as they felt an unnatural chill creep over them. "What the fuck!?" The girl screamed in shock, as she dropped the boy named Chang. His glasses fell off his head, but he quickly got up and readjusted them.

"Whatever the hell this is, I'm out!" Chang yelled as he backed away from the punk girl.

Suddenly, she felt a chill run across her spine. Diego suddenly appeared behind the pair a short distance away, still in the air and in negative colors to show he was still intangible.

"M-m-maybe you should just CHILL OUT!" Diego quipped in a sauve tone, as he breathed out a gust of frigid ice that blanketed the girl's torso, legs, and both of her stretched-out arms. It froze her solid, trapping her in an icy block.

"S-s-see what I did there? Don't w-w-worry about t-t-that, It'll t-t-thaw in a bit."

He slyly chucked as shifted back to normal on the ground, leaning against the frozen girl's prison. He looked at Chang, who was shivering in fear.

"Y-y-you okay there d-d-dude? I kinda s-s-saw what she did to you."

"Nah, I'm fine. She just singled me out as the weakest, and according to my calculations, that assumption was right. Thanks for the save man. My name's Chang." He said quickly, faking his calm. He approached the taller boy, who seemed friendly despite the frigid way he'd disposed of his assailant.

"N-n-no problem. M-m-my name's Diego, Diego Garcia. N-n-nice to meet you."

They promptly shook hands, before an alarm blared loudly.

" W-w-welp, gotta b-b-bounce!" Diego squeaked out as he went intangible, flew in a loop, and phased into the ground. The air around Chang suddenly got warmer, as if Diego was the cause.

"He was nice. I wonder what other people and powers I might see. I deduce that he has cryokinesis and some form of intangibility. Also it seems that he’s always shivering, poor guy. Ah well, time to head back to camp."

Chang started down the path, spotting several teens socializing, including: a white-haired German girl with wicked face paint, A brown-haired Japanese girl, a western redhead with a scar, and a tan girl with a nice jacket. He wanted to them more, but he was running out of time.

Last edited:
Sarah covered her ears as she heard the loud alarm, she was trying to figure out what it was about, before looking towards the source of the noise " Geez, could've given a warning at least, I wonder what that was about. "

She looked around, and immediately noticed someone alone, smiling and waving at him to come, if he'd like.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Arriving a little late Deke ran up to the detection device breathing heavily from running. He stepped up hearing the voice mention stuff about detecting abnormalities and what not and continued on, not paying much attention. He felt an itch on his nose and sneezed before being a little startled as he felt his head hit the roof "oof, what the hell" he said before realising he was quite high up, he glanced down to realise he had grown, upon this realisation he shrunk down and land on his backside with a thud. "Well that was certainly interesting" he said before stepping back to the machine with a grin on his face "um could I get the information you just told me again, I wasn't listening" he said before having the information relayed to him "oh so Gigantification and Hardening, cool" he said before strolling away glancing around at all the people. As the alarm sounded he calmly looked around still smiling "wonder what that's about" he said.