• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Glasses or Contacts ?

I wear my glasses to school and home , and my contacts while at other places in public .
And I rarely wear my contacts to school .
I think glasses and contacts are both convenient and amazing inventions :) .

But how about you ,...
What do you suppose is better ?
Glasses or contacts ?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I got into contact lenses as soon as I could. I've been wearing them since I was... oh... ten? Sounds right. Currently I only wear one contact lens since my other eye doesn't need one.

I do prefer them over glasses, but sometimes it is nice to be able to slip on and off a pair of glasses and not have to bother, like when you're ready for bed but not quite ready to fall asleep. So yeah, I have pair of glasses for this reason. Besides that, I'm always wearing my contact, especially out in public since I don't like how glasses look on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's pretty one-sided for me. I only wear glasses because contacts don't agree with my eyes. I've tried them before, but my eyes became so irritated that I couldn't be bothered with 'em anymore. Haven't gone back since, and probably never will.

Glasses. All the way.

I do like how I can change my eye color with contacts, but the really cool ones cost a whooole bunch of moneys, and let's not even go into adding a prescription on these things. Plus, when they split in your eye they hurt like all -eff!-.

So I'm always sporting my glasses. My rents want me to get a new pair, but I'm pretty happy with these. I may need to get new ones next time I go to get my eyes checked. I haven't gone in quite a while XD;

Glasses, because my insurance does not cover contacts for some reason.

I'm so used to wearing glasses now that I feel light-headed without them. It's kind of like how when you have long hair, and all of a sudden it feels like such a change to get really short hair. This summer, I'm going to get my eyes examined again. For some reason, every time I go get them checked, they stop making the type of frames I want :x

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I used to wear contacts from about third grade to sometime in the middle of seventh grade. My eye began developing allergic reactions to my soft contact in my left eye (my right eye used a nighttime hard contact, so that was okay), and eventually I decided to switch to glasses.

I really dislike my glasses, though, because I think they make me look like a stereotypical Asian nerd. But oh well~ They also fog up easily/get cloudy easy, but if they're the only alternative to itchy contacts, I'll wear them anytime.

My eyes are strange; my left eye is farsighted, which is why I can't use the night wear contacts like most people do for it, but my right eye is nearsighted. This is why when people try to wear my glasses, I always ask them if they're farsighted or nearsighted, and tell them to close one eye or another. Of course, they never listen, and insist on putting them on... only to cause a lot of pain to themselves when they find out that the degree on my eyes are strange XD

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I briefly wore glasses, but have since transitioned over to contacts. They're just so much easier to wear and much more comfortable. I don't even own a pair of glasses anymore, as a matter of fact. I simply pop my contacts in as soon as I get up in the morning (and I sometimes just sleep with them in :V).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Glasses, not a damn question about it. I'm not fond of having things in THAT close proximity to my eyes - It's a sensitive tissue and just the thought of having something in constant contact with it makes me twitch hard.

'sides, I like glasses. They add something to my face. (Shrugs)

While I only wear glasses when I read, I still prefer them over contacts. As Sem said, if you don't need them, all you have to do is slip them off.

Also, glasses can make me look cool and sophisticated ;P

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
So I wore glasses for the first time in...like six or seven years the other day! :V And I actually kind of didn't mind them. Sadly my glasses are old and broken a little bit, so I really can't wear them on a semi-regular basis. However, I may have to go and grab myself a new pair sometime soon and start sporting them more often (plus, they make me look worldly :'D).

I use glasses because the idea of sticking something on my eyeball creeps me out. However I might give them a shot in the future because I don't like wearing glasses all that much. I don't really like wearing things on my head or face for prolonged periods of time (unless I'm wearing a hat or headscarf in winter to keep warm). So I literally only use my glasses when I need to see long distances. They spend the rest of their time in my car or in my purse.

I wear contacts. I can't usually feel them, so it's like they're not there. That's the reason I wear them. I wear glasses at home on the weekends though because it's not really worth the effort unless I'm going somewhere. XD

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I can't stand contacts so I stick with my glasses. They have tinted lenses so they function both as sunglasses and regular. I use them for distance, but prefer to take them off when things are close to my face such as computer/PSP/DS screens, books, and because I'm weird, food. That's right people, I take my glasses off to eat.

Sadly the frames are a bit mangled after almost a decade of wear and tear, so I have to wait until spring break next week to go to the eye doctor and get them fixed. :( But hey, as long as I get tinted lenses back and a badass frame to complement me, here's to another decade! 8)

Psycho Monkey said:
That's right people, I take my glasses off to eat.

Actually, that can be pretty practical at times :p
Especially when you're dealing with hot food, as the steam fogs up your glasses.

I remember when I had glasses they also decided to get icy in the winter and fog up when I was cleaning animal cages and dishes. I am very happy not to have them any more.

@Jenova
Haha yeah that's why I've been rethinking my first opinion on glasses xD .
I always like my food hot , except for when its something that's not supposed to be eaten hot ,
But I guess you've got the point :p

I'm starting to like my contacts better now , because just today I was playing soccer ,
And my glasses fell right off right when I was about make a goal .
Yeah I was pretty pissed off and everyone else was too .
So I have to admit , glasses are pretty inconvenient when it comes to sports ,
But then again I feel like a total idiot wearing glasses during sports . XD ....

I wear glasses cuz I ain't poking my eye to put something on top of it. *Squick*
I usually get two different frames whenever I get new ones that I rotate everyday. Usually a crazy pair and a more normal pair. I sort of broke the screw on my crazy, red and blue plastic pair, so I'm wearing my normal thin, green, metal frames all the time now.

I like how my glasses make me look, but people say that I should take 'em off. Only if I get laser eye surgery where the doctors don't tell me how it works or what they're going to do.