• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Grand Star Tournament Discussion

Hello all, this is my first RP thread I've created ever, and since is Galar is new, and I barely know any other regions (well all I know is Kanto, Alola, and Galar, planning to play the BW games soon). I want to make a Roleplay about it. Let me know if there is anything I should be improving or adding, like a villain plot, I'm open to ideas! : P

Quick Summary: This is the Galar Grand Star Tournament, trainers from all over the world prepare to Galar to begin their adventure. However instead of gathering Gym Badges, they go and collect Grand Stars from Star Leaders, trainers who have surpassed and overcome, and have trained to be the best. There are currently four star leaders, and they specialize in specific types: Bug,Psychic, Poison,Ground.
The locations of all the Star Leaders, belong in their Star Arena's: Motostoke (Bug), Hulbury (Psychic), Circhester (Poison), and Hammerlocke (Ground).
Those who have collected all Grand Stars can participate in the Grand Tournament, located in Wyndon, the one who wins will be cemented in history as the strongest trainer Galar has ever seen.

-The Rules-
  • Well for starters, follow all of the Pokecharms rules of course.
  • Keep it PG, PG-13 at max, romance is allowed, but not much.
  • Dynamax is allowed, however it must've been obtained in RP, or in the backstory.
  • No Mega Evolution, or Legendary Pokemon.
  • General limit of two characters.
  • No Double Posting in RP
  • This is the beginning of the journey, that means no more than one fully evolved Pokemon
Character Sheet:

Name:
Alias or Nickname:
Age (13-17):
Appearance:
Personality:

Background/Backstory:
Other interesting details:

Pokemon:

My Character:
Name: Ben Summers
Alias or Nickname: N/A
Age (13-17): 14
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: He's average height, not that tall really. He has black eyes and dark brown hair, he's pretty thin, not much weight actually. His hair is long enough to reach the bottom of his ears, but not much longer than that, it's wavy and messy. And even sometimes gets in the way. He wears a blue hoodie with a Pokeball logo on it. He a black baseball cap, and black jeans. He walks in brown boots, and wears blue gloves on his hands.
Personality: He's somewhat lazy, and uninspiring, he loves to battle, yet doesn't show it much. He can be enthusiastic and he can be lazy. His main goal is to become stronger. He doesn't do much else but train his pokemon, read, and battle other trainers. He's confident though, but lacks focus, his mind will wonder constantly and it's hard to stop him.

Background/Backstory: He was born and raised in Sinnoh, but traveled to Galar for new adventure. He once beat every a gym in sinnoh, and was preparing to head out on an adventure, but lost interest swiftly. Ever since Ben has been trying to catch stronger Pokemon and become stronger in Galar, he heard it was a great place to battle, with the gym challenge and all. He traveled there and was fortunate enough to recieve a dynamax band, he decided to set his sights for the Galar Grand Star Tournament.
Other interesting details: His mother is a Pokemon Doctor, she looks after Pokemon frequently and taught Ben a lot about healing Pokemon.

Pokemon:
His Partner: Chimchar (Male) Ability: Blaze
Hawlucha (Male) Ability: Unburden
Nickit (Female) Ability: Unburden
(Note: His team is bound to change and all of that, so this isn't the final version, he'll probably catch Pokemon in RP.)

Anyways that's all, you can join if you like. I'd be fine with it!

Name: Benjamin Warren
Alias or Nickname: Benji
Age (13-17): 15
Appearance: He is slightly taller than a normal 14 year old a little thin. He is handsome and has hazel eyes and black hair. He has a scar on his left leg from a bug Pokémon. He wears a purplish pink flannel shirt with a twisted spoon logo and jogging pants and sneakers and socks that look like tuxedos. He also wears purple gloves.
Personality: He is a very kind and helpful person. He believes that all Pokémon have special potential and deserve love and kindness. He is definitely a bookworm as most of time you can see him reading books with his Pokémon. He also liked to mix up his attack style.
Background/Backstory: He is a Kanto native who moved to Galar to pursue higher education. He got Dragalge by evolving a Skrelp he got from trading his Weezing. One day he was taking a jog and saw a glinting rock and then he picked up and visited Professor Magnolia. They both examined they rock and realized it was a Wishing Star. He bought a Wishing Band and has been training to take on the Grand Star Tournament.
Other interesting details: He has a sister who is more interested with battling and training rather than studying battle strategies.

Pokémon:
Alakazam (Male) Ability: Magic Guard
Skrelp (Male) Ability: Poison Point
Sobble (Female) Ability: Sniper

(Note: His team is bound to change and all of that, so this isn't the final version, he'll probably catch Pokemon in RP.)

Name: Sophia Warren
Alias or Nickname: Sofi
Age (13-17): 13
Appearance: She is average in height and weight for a 13 year old and is very pretty. She had pink eyes and black ponytail. She wears a pink hoodie with a Galarian Rapidash logo and skirt that is layered like a rose. She had a pink cap and a watch. She also wears a pink bow.
Personality: She is athletic and cocky. She loves battling and training her Pokémon. From her older brother, she learned that befriending your Pokémon helps make them stronger. She prefers more physical attacking strategies. She also likes playing sports.
Background/Backstory: She is a Kanto native who moved to Galar to pursue higher education. One day she saw a shining rock and brought it home. Benji told her it was a Wishing Star. He gave her an old Wishing Band and joined Benji in preparing for the Grand Star Tournament.
Other interesting details: She has a brother who prefers battle strategies and friendship over training.

Pokemon:
Galarian Rapidash (Female) Ability: Pastel Veil
Charmander (Male) Ability: Blaze
Tyrogue (Male) Ability: Vital Spirit

(Note: Her team is bound to change and all of that, so this isn't the final version, she'll probably catch Pokemon in RP.)

I only have a question. Is this where the actual roleplay takes place? Because it feels off to have a roleplay in roleplay discussions.

| Korutesu |

Previously NotAPokemonRanger
Name: Neon Daimon
Alias or Nickname: N
Appearance: Stolen images removed. Use words to describe your characters, and read our rules concerning the use of images in the RP forums.
Personality: He is very knowledgeable seeing that he is blind, and he always uses tactics before brute force. He's pretty quiet and it's very hard to gain his trust, But when you do it's like he's a different person. He is also seen to be affectionate to his Pokemon and would answer to all their needs.

Background/Backstory: Seven years ago in Kalos, he got into an accident that took his eyesight. His left arm had to be cut off to save him, his left arm is now prosthetic. His signature Pokemon, Noivern helps him by directing him in the correct direction. He came from Kalos to try and defeat the Grand Tournament
Other interesting details: He is blind, but he can hear much better than anyone else.

Pokemon:
Partner: Noivern
Other: Eevee

Name: Milo Daimon
Alias or Nickname: M
Appearance:Stolen images removed. Use words to describe your characters, and read our rules concerning the use of images in the RP forums.

Personality: He has a very caring personality for his younger brother, Fighting along side him in double battles. He cares for his younger brother, since his younger brother is blind. He mostly uses brute force when battling with his Pokemon.

Background/Backstory: Same as his older brother, but he wasn't part of the accident
Other interesting details: Inside his bag are mementos from his sister.

Pokemon: Bisharp
Other Pokemon: Tyrouge

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I join?
Name:Zoey Jackson
Nickname:Zobugs
Appearance:dirty blonde hair,green eyes,usually found with a white sweater and some jeans
Personality:She is overall pretty affectionate to her Pokémon,she is overall quite shy,but if you become her friend,she is quite talkative.
Partner Pokémon: Dwebble
Other Pokémon:
Pikachu
Backstory:Zoey originally came from Unova,however since back there,they only lived in an apartment,they decided to move,so they thought Kalos looked like a nice Reigon so they moved there..before their flight,Zoey was given her partner Pokémon,Dwebble..While Zoey Became a trainer,her mother became a dark type gym leader.

Last edited:
No more than 2 oc's for this btw. Also it begins in Motostoke with the bug leader. I'm still deciding a moveset for them. And a plot that could work for the story. Once maybe six or five people join in we can begin roleplay.

Name:Black Uzamaki
Alias or Nickname:N/A
Age (13-17): 13
Appearance: Messy hair, Gold eyes, black hair, White hoodie with a Blaziken on it, Black shorts with a orange stripe, and Average body not muscular but not weak.
Personality:Shy, Funny, Average, Smart.

Background/Backstory: I was born in Hoenn and my first ever pokemon was a torchic and I loved it then one day. I earned enough money from battling I was able to fly to Galar. With my team I flew to Galar to take on Grand Star tournament but, was denied due to having no Dynamax band now I try to find one to presume my journey!

Pokemon: Blaziken Ability Blaze, Arrowkuda Swift swim, and Gabite Sand Veil

Last edited:
Name: Haku Virtzell
Alias or Nickname:
Appearance: He is Tall for his Age. He has Red Eyes and Black hair, He is Musclar but a little thin and his hair is Messy. He has a Black Hoodie with a Lugia Logo on it also has white Basketball Shorts with Black Sneakers.

Personality: He is Calm and Layed back as he is also kind and treats all pokemon with love.

Background/Backstory: Native to Shinnoh and when he was 4 years old he got his riolu with him he made friendship with as he had no friends in his academy because he was builled, Then his Dad gave him enough money to go to Galar to train with his brother and they trained until he found a Wishing Band and decided to enter in the Grand Star Tournament

Other interesting details: His Dad was one of the most powerful Aura Guardians in the world

Pokemon:
Corviknight: Ability Mirror Armour
Riolu: Ability Inner Focus
Frogakie: Ability Torrent

tokkiyo

Previously Tokki_Boki
Name: Rosaline Chae

Alias or Nickname: Rosie

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: She stands at the height of 4'10" and has very doll like features. Rosie sports baby pink colored wavy hair that ends at her shoulder, along with bright blue eyes that mimicked the color of clear waters. The young female typically wears a pastel pink sweet lolita styled dress along with matching sweet lolita shoes, pink and white striped knee high socks, and a large frilly pink bow on top of her head.

Personality: she's a rather cheerful female who's a complete optimist, but also a sarcastic teenager who's words fly out like sniper bullets. Rosie's also an outgoing social butterfly who can easily make friends with others. She's also very affectionate towards others and both her and her partner Goodra tend to randomly hug on to other people and Pokemon.

Background/Backstory: Rosie hailed from the Kalos region and from the beautiful city of Lumiose. Her mother's a top tier fashionista and CEO of a designer brand while her father was a timid flower shop owner. She had already made her debut to short lived fame in a modeling magazine, featuring her wearing her mothers traditional lolita collection but sadly Rosie didn't find any joy in the world of spotlights and actually found her passion in Pokemon battles. With the burning passion for battling, Rosie traveled to the Galar region to partake in the Grand Star Tournament.

Other interesting details: She only uses Love Balls when catching Pokemon in order to stick to her theme

Pokemon:
1) Goodra (Male. Ability: Hydration)
2) Hattrem (Female. Ability: Healer)
3) Togetic (Female. Ability: Serene Grace)

Prof.Ninja

Previously DripNinja
Hmm... I like this concept mind if I join

Name: Nathaniel Windage
Alias or Nickname: Nathan
Age (13-17): 17
Appearance: Nathan is at an average height for his age and usually wears a vendetta mask to cover his face. He has back hair and has green eyes. He wears a black hoodie and black jeans.
Personality: Nathan usually keeps to himself, but can get very aggressive very easily.

Background/Backstory: Nathan was a joyful kid when he was younger after his father gave him his first pokemon, a Galarian Zigzagzoon, he got a Dyanamx Band and he promised he would become the best Pokemon Trainer ever, but then his father and mother got caught in an accident that got his father killed and his mother injured in the hospital, he became an introvert.
Other interesting details:

Pokemon: Obstagoon(Male, Ability: Obstruct)
Sableye( Male, Ability: Prankster)
Sharpedo(Female, Ability: Rough Skin)
Absol(Female, Ability: Justified)

Name: Maddie
Appearance: Dark brown hair and eyes, a bit tan, a bit short and always has her iconic look: a maroon hoodie and a pair of jeans
Personality: Pretty, Kind, Adventurous, And loves cute Pokemon

Background/Backstory: Maddie has lived in The Galar region her whole life and lives in Motostoke with her Mom
Other interesting details: Loves fire Pokemon, Camping, and the outdoors

Pokemon:
Charmander (Boy) Held item: Charcoal
Chewtle (Boy)
Scorbunny(Boy)
Morpeko(Girl)

T

TellMeWhyIsNothinBut

Name: Shadow
Age (13-17): 16
Appearance: Purple Hoodie Black Eyes Mask with purple glowing eyes (shy and doesn’t like to show his face)
Personality: Shy And scary
Background/Backstory: Shadow Lived in the galar region for 16 years with his dad

Pokémon: Inteleon (Female)
Orbeetle (Male)
Corviknight (Male)
Drednaw (Male)
Golurk: (Male)