• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Granted Fate, Untold Stories

This is Flore, a land full of magic. People who use magic are called Mages. Those Mages are separated into many Guilds, where others post jobs for said magic users to take. Somewhere in the town of Starbane, stands the guild Granted Fate, a decent sized hall housing many guild members...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Max was sitting at a weirdly shaped table, a set of blocks reading a series of symbols in a language called Inetec in hand. Around her, some other members were sitting with similar blocks in their own hands. They were playing a new game called Guardian Stones. Max placed down a block, magic sending it to the centre of the table. "Stone Golem." She said as the stone started to send an image of a Stone Golem. Max smiled, as the Stone Golem was hard to kill. From her side, an Archive magic user snickered while placing a Molten Golem, the superior to the Stone Golem. This continued for a few rounds until either people ran out of usable Stones, or they just got bored. Max was one of the bored ones.

Max stood before the job board at Granted Fates south wall. "Any new solo jobs?" She said quietly to herself as she scanned through the job board. Most jobs were team recommended, so the fact of her not having a team was a drawback. Nothing new. Max said to herself as she soon sat down at one of the open tables.

"GET BACK HERE YOU DIRTY THIEF!"

"Hey, it's not my job to let you catch me. Gotta make sure you boys earn your pay!"

Over by the markets within Starbane Town, Dalton had dashed through the streets as he was chased by a couple of the towns officers; a bag of presumably stolen contents along with what appeared to be an oversized key-shaped sword held in hand. It seemed clear enough that Dalton had stolen some gems from a market owner who had predictably been upset over that and had called for aid to apprehend him.

Dalton would have argued that the owner was a jerk who overpriced his goods so he had it coming but Dalton knew now had not been the time as he quickly latched his weapon on the railing of another market store as he quickly pulled himself on the roof and began to jump from market shop to market shop as the perusing officers had tried to keep pace.

"D-darn it don't let him get away!"

"hey Girl, you look beauti-" before Lucifer got to finish his pickup line the guild member he tried to hit on just walked away not paying attention to him and started chatting with her friends, after another failed flirting attempt he decided he had enough for the day and went to find himself a job, every now and then glancing at his Ring.

Lucifer just stared at the board for a job, he wasnt able to find any solo ones, and he didnt have a team, so it didnt seem like he could take any, "man this stinks... i cant go on any of the jobs" he exclaimed and sighed afterwards.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Nero was bored, there were no jobs for his guild that he was interested in, and none of his friends were around. He really wanted to get into a fight, however, he was smart enough to know that he shouldn't try to fight his other guild members, most of them would destroy him.
"This sucks, there's nothing to do," Nero said to no one as he walked into the guild hall of Granted Fate and looked for something, anything, to get him out and fighting.
"Crap, no solo jobs and no one wants to team up with the green haired guy that plays with vines, this is why I'm broke," He was disgusted at the lack of jobs that he were on the board, looks like today wasn't his lucky day. He saw other teams getting stuff and ready to go, which only made him more angry. Typical, not only do I have no money, but everyone else is out and about, getting jobs while the best I can do is standby, maybe I should get my own team. He walked out and noticed someone stealing stuff with who looked to be a police officer chasing after him.
"Need some help, cause I can if you want," He cracked his knuckles, now this was how he wanted to start his day, nothing like a good old thief chase to get the blood pumping.
"Yeah, catch that thief," The cop told Nero and pointed to the man running away with the bag.
"Kay, GET BACK HERE, IF YOU DO, YOUR LEG MIGHT NOT BE DISLOCATED!" Nero shouted as he used a vine as a wall to jump off of and catch up to Dalton.

Last edited:
Dalton glanced back, as he saw someone who had appeared to use vines to somehow catch up to him. Naturally, Dalton knew he was a mage which only caused him to let out an annoyed sigh.

Oh, but of course a mage would show up. Just my luck...

"Sorry, but I put too much effort into this to come away empty handed. Here, you can have these as an I.O.U." Dalton replied, as he used one of his Key spells. In this case, he fired about half a dozen sharpened small keys as projectile weapons. Dalton hoped this would cause his pursuer to stop to either block or dodge the attacks; which aimed to put separation as he jumped to the rooftop of another market while he continued to run away.

Max looked up from her drink as she heard some commotion outside. In a very fast time, the speed mage was able to reach the crime scene. "Keys." She said as Max watched in slow motion as her mind ran faster than time itself, keys flew to the one pursuing the thief.

Max ran up a good 5 buildings before Dalton was at, ready to stop him if the other mage wasn't able to. Her eyes watches as the keys continued to fly to Nero. Is he in Granted Fate? She asked herself when she started to look at the chaser.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Nice try, but I already have enough keys for my house!" Nero said with a smirk as he made a vine wall thick enough to block the key weapons and then used two consecutive vine walls to wall jump.
"Did you really think I woukd fall for an amateur attack like that?" While airborne, Nero made four walls of vines surrounding Dalton, he landed and walked up to Dalton's face.
"Now tell me, whatchu think you doing with that bag?" He had his vine sword out, he was serious, one wrong move, and Dalton would get a scar. He made stairs using his vines and then got into a fighting stance, ready to get into combat or continue the chase.

Last edited:
Dalton cursed again as his tactic failed and he found himself surrounded by walls made of vines which seemed to lock both himself and his purser in place. Dalton heard the mage ask about what he planned to do with the bag, which only caused him to latch the bag onto his belt as he held his key-shaped blade in hand. Assuming what appeared to be a melee fighting position; his expression focused and determined.

"What I do with what's in this bag is quite frankly none of your business. Let's just say that I can't afford to come away empty handed." Dalton, as he had thought about Sister Strarlus; who ironically would likely criticize his choice to commit theft.

But in his mind, he had no choice as he charged forward and looked to deliver an overhead slash. Dalton had been careful to avoid a vital spot, as he merely wanted to get this guy out of the way and didn't want to hurt him anymore than he had to.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I feel you bro, but you ain't gotta steal stuff just to get by, go to a guild or something, earn money that way, but I gotta arrest you so just be quiet and be cooperative," Nero said half-heartedly as he used a vine to grab the bag out of Dalton's arms while he used his vine sword to block the hit.
"Also I'll be taking this, AY OFFICER take this guy away," He shouted as the officer reluctantly walked to the vine prison that Nero had made, which later retreated back into the ground as the vine mage tossed the policeman the bag.
"I appreciate the help sir, but just cause you stopped this guy, doesn't mean you get to disrespect me. Alright you, come with me," He caught the bag and began to return the goods to the store which they came from. Once the officer was done he grabbed Dalton's arm and slightly pulled him away, hoping that Dalton would cooperate.

Lucifer heard the commotion outside loud and clear, so naturally without a second thought he rushed out to see whats going on.

'maybe if im lucky enough it would be a crisis i could get payed for stopping' Lucifer thought to himself, a wide smile on his face, but he soon started to frown, "yeah right, with my luck probably not...'.

Lucifer soon got to the crime scene only to see everything seems to be over, he started cursing himself for being slow and watched to see who stopped the thief.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wait do I know you?" Nero asked as he looked at Lucifer with a semi confused look on his face, until he remembered, they were in the same guild after all.
"Oh yeah, now I remember you, you're that guy that always tries to get girls even though you fail, every, SINGLE, TIME," Obviously he was joking as he walked over to Lucifer and gave him a smirk that he gave close friends.
"By the way, I stopped the theif, in case you were wondering," It made sense that Lucifer would want to see the action he missed, in fact, everyone in that small part of Starbane was going to see the action that took place, and who tried robbing a store.

Last edited:
Lucifer just glared at him, "you trying to start a fight pal? Cause that's how you get a fight with me" he said as his hand curled into a fist, but then relaxed and took deep breaths.

"Sorry, I'm a bit short tempered" he said as he held out a hand to shake his.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"It's all good, I wouldn't even mind sparring, also I can be short tempered at times too, so it seems that we have a lot in common," Nero's smirk morphed into a smile as he shook Lucifer's hand. I think I just found a partner, Nero usually worked alone, but it would be to his benefit to have someone by his side, even if he hated admitting it.

Max raced up to the two, one of which stopped the criminal. "Good job bud, I was waiting in case you needed some speed." She said stopping right before the two of them. Max then pushed back a piece of hair that got in her eye. "Are you guys new, cause I haven't seen you guys around much." Max asked while looking from either or, but it could just be from the jobs she's been taking.

As the officer grabbed Dalton by the hand, he had an impulse to protest, but begrudgingly allowed the officer to take him away. If he had protested, the mage and his friends he had seen out of the corner of his eye would have stepped in and this whole mess would only have become more prominent.

----------
Dalton had been seated in his jail cell for a short time, as he had been told he'd remain there for the rest of the day for a case of attempted minor theft. However, he would find a guard had opened his cell and gave Dalton an indifferent look.

"Alright, you've been bailed out. You are free to go." Dalton said, as quickly a pit of guilt swelled in his stomach as he figured only one person could have bailed him out at this point. And indeed, when he walked outside the jail house he indeed saw the disapproving gaze of Ms. Strarlus; or Sister Starlus as she had preferred. That look of the older woman could break the heart of Dalton even at his most quippy & carefree, as disappointing the woman who meant so much to him hurt more than even being put in a cell did which is why he avoided direct eye contact.

"Dalton, we've discussed this before. You can't keep doing this, the kids all look up to you as that cool big brother. You can't soil your name with a criminal record." Sister Starlus explained, as Dalton had heard this lecture before. On one hand, she had a point, but on the other hand...

"What am I supposed to do? You can't run the place yourself, so I can't commit to a full time schedule of a mage's life. Even then, no guild would accept a mage who's been locked up in a cell. I lack other skill sets for jobs elsewhere. And we need the money." Dalton clarified, as in response to this Sister Starlus had a smile on her face. Which confused Dalton.

"You say that, but I went ahead and took the liberty of working on a solution to that. I found a couple of people interested in working for Sacred Heart for a little less pay then usual. Least will we turn the corner on this financial bump, which I am confident we can. And I went ahead and set up a meeting for you with the Guild Master of Granted Fate so you can help with that like I can clearly see you do." Sister Starlus explained, which caused Dalton's eyes to widen as she took him by the hand and began to lead the dumbfounded key mage towards the guild hall.

Lucifer looked at Max and said "I'm quite new at the guild.... didn't stop me from gaining a reputation as a flirt though, what about you Hottie?", not 5 minutes and already flirting to see if he has a chance or not, it was worth a shot to him.

"Oh and my name is Lucifer, Lucifer Brimstone.... but you guys can call me Lu" he added as he played around with his golden ring.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Dude, you literally just met her, this is why you don't get girls," Nero told Lucifer before turning to Max, with a smirk on his face.
"Well you don't see me around much cause I work alone, and clearly it gets results, I've stopped much bigger than theives, and to be honest, he wasn't even a their, he was just a poor guy that needed to get by," Nero knew what Dalton felt, his family had always been poor, so as soon as he was old enough, he left to join Granted Fate, not just to get away, but to make money. He was broke now, sue to a lack of solo jobs and knew that this couldn't keep happening.
"Hey, out of curiosity, would you want to form a team with me? I guess Lucifer can come too," Nero asked Max, super speed seemed to be an asset to any team, so recruiting her would be nice, he didn't know what magic Lucifer used, but he seemed like a good team player, besides, the more the merrier.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Caesar was looking for jobs, though he couldn't find any good solo ones. Though he was friendly and could cooperate with someone, nobody has yet to ask him to be part of a team, so he stuck to solo jobs usually. He heard some familiar voices outside the guild hall, and left.

Caesar found himself facing three of his guild members. Well, they weren't his but they were in the guild he was in. He walked up to them and heard Nero say something about a team. "Well, if it isn't good ol' planty. Oh, we got speedy and new flirt guy, too? What a bunch of weirdos. Nah, just kidding. How are you guys, actually? Anything interesting happen?" Caesar asked. "Oh, and I think you guys would need someone like me, to make sure you don't mess around while doing jobs," he said with a smirk. He didn't wanna make them mad, but it was fun to annoy someone.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well planty over here stopped a their single handedly, Mr. Nickname," Nero said as he returned Caesar's smirk which then morphed into a smile.
"So, how did your morning go?" Nero asked as he cracked his knuckles and started thinking about spells for his vines.

Max grinned to Ceaser and Nero. "My morning is quite basic, honestly. I was hoping to get some training done later if no jobs came up." She said to the plant magic user. Max turned back to Ceaser almost instantly using speed magic. "How about you, Mr.Salad?"

Lucifer pondered Nero's offer for a while, he then said "my day was as usual, flirt and fail with the girls at the guild, only difference today was the commotion that happened out here, also Planty id like to take up your team making offer", he had a wide smile at the thought of being in a team, since being in a team meant the possibility of being popular even if just in the guild, and popularity could benefit him in many ways.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Well Miss, if you want some sparring, than I'll be your partner, though I won't go easy on you," Nero told the speed magic user as he turned to Lucifer with a grin on his face.
"Cool, you'd be a great team member," Nero told Lucifer as he patted Lu's back gentlely.

Max turned back to Nero. "Well, going easy on me might be your last mistake of your life, so I'd focus more on survival before actually attacking. But I train in a private place, not at the guild." She said pointing in the direction of the town gate. "Tell me when your ready to go."

Master Golond sat down at a desk in his office space. "I have a meeting with a Sister Star, something or another. Send them in when they get here." He said using his blind eye quirk to see a guild member walk out. With that, the guild master began back to the paperwork of running a guild.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I'm always ready, and also, you'd be surprised at the skills I have," Nero told Mac with a competitive glare in his eyes but a smirk on his face.
"Lucifer, ready to go?" He knew Max could easily make Lu step back into line if he tried flirting with her, still, it would be funny to see him actually get a girl, mostly for Lucifer's reaction.

Sister Starlus soon enough led Dalton inside the Guild Hall, where what they had presumed was a mage had been waiting for them.

"Ah, hello there. Please inform your Guild Master Sister Starlus of the Sacred Heart Orphanage is here for the meeting arranged earlier." Sister Starlus said, as the mage walked the pair into Master Golond's office. As Dalton remained quite as he inspected the Guild Master who appeared to be doing paper work as Sister Starlus smiled.

"Hello there, Master Golond I presume?" Sister Starlus asked with a smile.

Max turned out to the gate itself. "Meet me out in the woods. I have a clearing I use for training. Hope you can keep up!" She said as the speed user dashed at her slowest pace out to the woods. Each step passed through her mind as each step needed to be carefully planned.

Master Golond waved the duo into his office. "Yes, yes. Enter in, enter in." The blind master was able to see through the two at the door. "Your here for the meeting. A new member?" Golond said while knowing exactly why, as his magic allowed him to understand all about the two.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
OOC: Glaceon you said quirk instead of magic, wrong RP buddy XD
BIC: Nero was blown away by her speed magic, how was he supposed to compete with that?
"Wait for me!!" Nero shouted being Max as he used vine walls to jump. Eventually, he realized that he needed to save his magic for sparring, so he decided to call out a more hefty spell than just casual vine walls.
"Plant make cannon!" Nero commanded quietly ad he put his hands out the ground which yielded a cannon. He got in and pulled out a match that he brought from home and lit the cannon. He was fired from the cannon just before the vine made mechanism exploded.
"That was close, how did I keep up with her speed?" Nero asked himself, still impressed with Max's speed and how fast she was.

Sister Starlus and Dalton accepted the master's invitation as they entered the office and had taken their seats across from him. Dalton had noticed the Guild Master appeared to be blind, but given he had noticed them and hinted at a possible recruitment Dalton figured there had been more than meets the eye with him.

"Yes, though I am not the aspiring guild mage." Starlus explained, before she glanced over towards Dalton as if she had given him the platform, which was a cue he had understood.

"Y-yes, my name is Dalton. I am a resident and worker at the Sacred Heart Orphanage. I-I desire to join this guild, both to expand my magic capabilities, adventure around the land and to help provide for the institute that raised me." Dalton explained, though he had also mentioned his recent minor theft and criminal activity as he figured that was gonna give a rejection; but he knew this was something the Guild Master had deserved to know. Good of the orphanage or not, he still had a criminal record and Dalton wanted to be open about that.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Caesar smiled and was about to answer, but it was too late. They were already leaving. Then he was surprised by Max's speed, but quickly recovered himself. He shrunk himself and then got on the cannon and got launched along with Nero. Then he began running as fast as he could to try to catch up. "Where are we going again?" he shouted while still running.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Max said a clearing in the woods," Nero told the shrunken Caesar as he continued to run at his fastest pase, Max is pretty fast, how am I supposed to hit her?
"Hey Caesar, what's your strategy in fights, I am just curious," If he was going to recruit Caesar, since he did suggest the idea of a team, than he wanted to know a bit about him.

Lucifer was a bit absent minded so unsurprisingly was shocked when he noticed that everyone just started to head to the woods without him, he started running as fast as he could, determined to catch up.
'So we got a speedster, a plant guy and who knows what the other guy does, seems interesting so far' he thought to himself as he soon started to catch up.

Master Golond just waved his hand to the side. "No. Tell me why you want to join us, not that junk about magic. You could join any guild, but why us?" The blind master asked. The words needed to come from the applicant before the mark is burned on. "Leave us Sister." Golond said to the other person.

Max quickly turned around back to the others. "How long are you guys gonna run for? It's just to the left." She said taking a sharp left turn. When Max took the turn, a large clearing opened up. "To slow."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"YOU HAVE SUPER SPEED!" Nero shouted ahead at the speed magic user, "You basically get a head start!" He stopped to take a breath, once he got his second breath, he used a vine wall to catch up to Max.
"WOAH," Nero exclaimed with a tarry look in his eyes one he reached the clearing, "THIS PLACE LOOKS AWESOME!!" He felt in his element and couldn't wait to spar with Max, even if he got destroyed.

Sister Starlus nodded at the master's concession, as she quickly had stood up and left the room which left Dalton alone with the master. Dalton thought over what the master had asked of him, as he scratched the back of his head before he eventually let out a sigh as he locked his gaze on the blind master.

"T-the truth it, I've often see your guild hand out around the town over the years and...and have always had a desire to join your ranks. Just seems like a...an atmosphere, though due to financial concerns and responsibilities I've never felt I could actually make this...this dream I suppose you could say a reality." Dalton explained, as indeed he had always admired this guild since he had been younger and wanted to join, but had been too busy or concerned with other worries to do much about it.

Max grinned with pride from the compliment about the clearing. "I cleared this all myself." She said while turning back to Nero. "And I use Speed MAGIC, not super speed." The speed magic user turned away with a slight curl in her lip with annoyance. It was a common mistake made by many people, so she heard it often enough.

Master Golond slightly smiled to the response. "I respect honesty. Yet, your magic seems to interest me. Did you teach it to yourself, or did someone else teach you?" He asked, seeing right through his magic. Golond lifted up a small mug reading '#1 Guild Master' on it, and drank a long draft of hot coffee. "Key magic is a new style, and most magic users often overlook this magic style."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Same thing," Nero shrugged, even though he was joking. He began stretching so that he wouldn't get any cramps during this sparring session. Once he was in the zone, he was ready to begin.
"Ready when you are!" Nero told Max as he got into a fighting stance, thinking of what he would create first.
Gotta be smart about this, can't match her in speed, so I might be able to tire her out and strike when she is weakened.

Dalton thought over the master's question, as well as his comments that regarded Key Magic, and felt it had only been fair to answer the Guild Master.

"I...I was taught by Sister Starlus. She kept a collection of some magic books at the orphanage, though we had to sell most of the ones "od high demand" to help pay monthly fees. I happened to find one that talked about Key Magic, and I found it rather interesting. Sister Starlus saw this and offered to teach me how to use the magic and magic in general." Dalton explained to the Guild Master.

Master Golond nodded at the mention of the Sister. "Yes, yes. She always understood it, yet couldn't ever use it practically." He said while sipping from the mug. Golond pointed to the doorway. "Tell me, you are here and want to join. Are you ready for the mark of Fate?" The blind man asked the key magic user, his shirt pulling up his left sleeve to show a symbol which looks like an infinite loop.

Max dropped low to her legs, eyes straight forward. "Ready." She called over to Nero, who seemed to take a stance which resembled a summoning stance. He must be preparing to make something. Max thought before shutting her eyes and breathing slightly. Now. Max thought before rocketing towards Nero.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Nero grew a beanstalk, not only to avoid Max, but hopefully stop her momentum if she was too fast.
"Let's see how good your swiftness is when obstacles can constntly be made. Plant Make Cage!" The maker magic user quipped before making a cage out of vines with thorns in case if Max tried to get out, he dropped the cage and then once he landed using a soft enough vine pile, he used his vine jumping technique to get behind Max and attempt a kick.

Dalton glanced at the symbol the Guild Master showed him, and after a moment or two of mental debate, gave the Guild Master a nod.

"I...I am ready." Dalton said with a determined look as he was prepared for whatever was to come next as he gazed at the infinite loop symbol the Guild Master had with him.