• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hall of Eggery

Now I'm searching for a shiny Buneary :)
I'll start an official shiny hunt once I hatch one of my eggs.

EDIT:
I got the Big Spender achievement! I bought a secret key. Too bad everything in the back room is too expensive since I spent all my money XD
I got an Enigma Stone, so hopefully I get my summon. I already missed Dialga and another Enigma Stone summon :c

A

Anonymous

I got a fin fossil where do I un-fossil it. Also to make sure I dont have anything in it can someone tell me whats in it or is the breaking a rule here?

ElitefourAutumn said:
I got a fin fossil where do I un-fossil it. Also to make sure I dont have anything in it can someone tell me whats in it or is the breaking a rule here?

In your inventory tab in your poketch there should be a 'use' or 'revive' button or something like that next to it. The Fin Fossil contains Fossil Relicanth, a novelty version of Relicanth.

My Unown hatched, it was an Unown F! Mudkip also hatched, so once Poliwrath has come out of the underground and/or Magneton/Fossil Anorith have evolved I'll be able to get the Professor Birch achievement!

A

Anonymous

In your inventory tab in your poketch there should be a 'use' or 'revive' button or something like that next to it. The Fin Fossil contains Fossil Relicanth, a novelty version of Relicanth.

Thanks. ;D Oh I just got an egg that look just like the pokemon egg from the fossil I got.

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
ElitefourAutumn said:
Autumn,

I understand from your writing style that you're obviously really young. Perhaps too young to be on the internet unsupervised? But could you please try to use proper, coherent English. There is a rule which states:
3. Please try to use ENGLISH rather than Gibberish. That means paragraphs, punctuation, spelling, grammar, and of course, no talking in ALL CAPS, for that is akin to shouting and is generally frowned upon. And it ticks the hell off out of some of us.

Correct grammar for your post would have been:
I got a fin fossil - where do I un-fossil it? Also, to make sure I don't have anything in it, can someone tell me what's in it? Or is that breaking a rule here?

Frankly, you're in danger of being nuked from this site because a lot of us are too old and too ugly to read such horrible posts. I'm putting you on Watched status. Given the number of warnings you've already had, the next step is a ban, so please try to improve.

Also, for everyone wondering why I'm posting this in public rather than in a PM - the answer is that Autumn is by no means the only culprit. Quite a few of you seem to be favouring quantity over quality. One interesting post is worth far more than 10 one-line posts.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, shiny Relicanth is going as expected thus far - not well. There seem to be LOADS around as well, casually tormenting me :V

I'm really missing the interaction bonus we got over the weekend. I hatched loads while that was on, and now everything feels like it's happening sooooo slowly.

Just bought a Lucky Egg and I got myself the Incense the other day. I'm totally poor again XD

I'm making good headway with the Unova 'Dex as well :'D

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
I finally managed to hatch my first shiny a minccino I was so chuffed (and feeling sorry for my chillacino considering my shiny was one of 96 siblings OUCH!) but still chuffed :)

Congrats, Lady Monroe ^^ Minccino are one my Gen V favorites~

My Relicanth hunt is going about the same as my Shiny Vulpix hunt and Magpie's Relicanth hunt--dismally. Oh well. I'm inching ever closer to completing my Unova dex. Since I'm back in school, the mobile walker is my main way of getting levels. With just one trip to school, I can gain seven levels so I really like it. I decided not to go for the Deoxys Exploration this time because I didn't want my party limited to five, but I'll probably embark on it the next Aurora Day.

My Dialga egg hatched today. It wasn't anything special, just a plain Dialga.

My shiny Buneary hunt is still on-going. I'm not keeping track of how any eggs I already hatched, though. So, hopefully a shint Buneary comes up soon. Or possibly a different shiny. I'll be fine with either. Although a Ditto would be nice~

I was in the lab, looking for someone else's summon for me to take, when I found this egg. I couldn't think of what it could be a description of, so I just took it. It turned out to be a Ditto egg! I am so happy right now~!

I've been playing on and off. 8D
...Mostly off but eh. :p

Today I finally got my first summon. Summons are evil. ._. I managed to miss four or so. @_@

Don't add me to the list. :V (Only because I don't really click back unless I can be bothered to. Which isn't often.)

Also, a treasure chest lied to me. It said I didn't get an item because refreshed the page. But then I had a Griseous Orb. What...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Holy... I can has Shiny fish :O

Seriously, I think for a moment I died of surprise, followed by pure unmeasurable joy XD

I do feel slightly bad though, as I don't think the person who bred the shiny Relicanth has one of their own...

Silver Magpie said:
Holy... I can has Shiny fish :O

Seriously, I think for a moment I died of surprise, followed by pure unmeasurable joy XD

I do feel slightly bad though, as I don't think the person who bred the shiny Relicanth has one of their own...

That happened to me with a shineh Sandile on my first egg. Yippee. :3

I'm now on a shiny hunt for a hoppip. They wont stop breeding. D':

A

Anonymous

'm now on a shiny hunt for a hoppip. They wont stop breeding. D':
My Kurumirus wont start breeding :(. I am trying to get a shiny Kurumiru but I know thats going to be hard.

Cotton Candy evolved~!
She is now a purple-ish Ampharos :)

I started another exploration, the one with the Ruins of Alph. Now I just need to find a way to get enough points for 2 more fresh waters to finish the task I'm on :p

Putting my shiny hunts on hold for the time I'm leveling up to get badges. Hopefully there will be a Multiplier day tomorrow. Hoping to get at least ~20 level Pokemon. Also I will try to hatch a few eggs for my hunts.

A

Anonymous

PokeGirlPraure said:
Putting my shiny hunts on hold for the time I'm leveling up to get badges.

I am thinking of doing the same. Now I am not so sure I want a shiny Kurumiru. I got a pal pad and I didn't know how useful it was.

I put Mother Nature, Father Time, and Cotton Candy in the Mobile Walker for like, an hour, and they all got to level 100! So now I have the Novice Trainer (?) achievement. It's the one you need 8 level 100s for.

I also picked up some Pokemon from the Safari Zone to get a few of the professor achievements. I got Elm, Birch, and Rowan. So, those got me some points. I blew most of them off on water :p

Also, does anyone know if you need to keep the water and repel for the 'Mystery Creature of the Ruins' exploration? If you don't need them I'll just sell them.

EDIT:
Never mind, they just went away~
I was planning on selling those too D:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Got my Legendary Voucher Plus for successfully completing the shiny Relicanth hunt :'D

I think I'm going to save it though until the Water/Fighting horse thingy, Kerudio, is available~

I also just used my two Christmas Vouchers purely to get them out of the way. I picked 'Dragon' and 'Cool' as my options, so they gave me a Spiritomb and a Shellos :V Now, I can accept that Spiritomb may be 'cool', but how does Shellos equal Dragon? It's a slug :V Totally just remembered that I got the Dragon Jewel for answering Dragon, so nevermind :D

I also completed my Unova 'Dex the other day. I was really hoping I'd get something to get a Unova Legend with, but alas, it gave me an extra PC box. Not that I don't appreciate the extra space, but still...

And as always, my shiny Munchlax hunt continues~

HOLY SNAP! MUST BE MY LUCKY DAY! Lost a Heatran (if it's summoned with Magma Rock), but it doesn't really matter because I had one when I used my Enigma Stone I got from unlocking Big Spender. Instead, I got Consolation Prize - Enigma Stone, and successfully summoned Latios. Also, while looking for Heatran, missed a Latias egg :'( Dang it! Meh, got a Kyogre instead (not by me).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

He even came out with that sprite, so it looks like he's happy tooooooo :'D

This also means I can unlock a shiny achievement I think, because he brings my total up to four~

*Dances forever*

Also on task 8 in the exploration for a legendary bird. It has been a very annoying exploration so far <<

Congratulations on your shiny Munchlax! I am still looking for my shineh Hoppip, and I still haven't done ONE exploration. I only have 1709 interactions... :<

Whoo, I embarked on the Chatot Exploration today against my better judgement. I just want to finish a special exploration lol. And after the failure of my Relicanth hunt AND my continued Vulpix hunt failure, someone trolling me, and absolute boredom, I quit shiny hunting for now. I plan on picking on the one year anniversary of when I started. Perhaps I'll keep up with my shiny race with another member but yeah.... Instead I'll focus on unlocking achievements which is more definite and rewarding ♥

A

Anonymous

Congrats on your shiny Munchlax. How many were there? 357? Also I was grabbing from the safari zone and I got one of Magpie's Munchlaxs.

Shiny Kofojuu ♥
It hatched~!!

I think I might be able to get an achievement now. The one where you need to get four shinies~

It seems that all the eggs I don't care about and want to get over with are the ones that turn out to be shiny. Maybe I should hold onto this Spheal egg I don't want anyway...

Congratulations on your shiny! I'm... not so lucky. I looked at one of my normal hoppips I had bred, looked at the hritage and saw a shiny 'Pluff. And it said I had bred it. Meh. D':

Thanks. ^^

Unfortunately, the shiny seeker achievement didn't have a reward D:
Maybe some other one I want to get will have one, a good one at that...

A

Anonymous

Congrats Ked. Maybe you should dont want a shiny Buneary but want it secretly so act like you dont want them...but you do (Sorry if that dosen't make sense). I am thinking of dumping my hunt for a shiny Kurumiru. Not that I am a quitter but I dont really think I want it anymore.
Edit: I am going to hunt for a shiny Oshawott because Dewott is so cute shiny. :)

ElitefourAutumn said:
so act like you dont want them...
But I do want them D':
They are so adorable in pink! But if I do get one I will force it to be female D:<

Not wanting that Spheal didn't work, it was just a plain ol' Spheal~
I would also like a shiny Totodile. 'Cause they are awesome :p

Ha! I finally completed my Unova Dex so now it's on to working on those other second addition achievements. My exploration is pretty good so far though I need about 1100 more interactions to get to the next step. Right now I'm going for the Quitter achivement with a shiny Pidgey hunt, but I'm also hatching random eggs in order to get a shiny. But it'll be a little while before I ever touch another Vulpix egg xD

Can someone please tell my what the grey egg with the vein is ?
The one that I have for my sig right now ?
I don't know all the Unova Pokemon so I need help on this one :-\ hehe ....

It's the bunny with the block of wood in it's hand. Look at the cryptiex. :)

Anyway, battles are up! Who dares challenge me?

A

Anonymous

Louie I can never get the time to battle. ':/ Anyways I got the past, present, and future pokemon from the safari zone. Lucky me.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So, uh, after hearing about the various additions to GPX+ over the last two years I've started playing again. (Blame Ruko. Blame him entirely)

Anyways, this seems like as good a place to ask as any:

Which account upgrades should I go for, in order of the best value? I currently have about 20,000 points and I'm willing to keep saving up for the best possible items, but at this point I'm not sure what's considered the most useful to have first. I have no idea what's available in this so called "backroom" of the shop either.

My current account upgrades consist of these: Pal Pad, Journal Journal, Fashion Case, Explorer Kit, and the Vs Seeker.

What do you guys suggest? =o

Yay! Someone revived it :)

Anyway as for useful account upgrades. Honestly I don't think the Secret Key is worth it at the moment because there's rarely a huge selection in the backroom. You actually already have the most useful upgrade for consistently getting items and that's the Explorer Kit. I'd say about 8 times out of 10 you'll get an item which you can sell for more points.

The Amulet Coin is overall more reliable than the Itemfinder when it comes to getting more points. This is the one I'd go for first because you can start getting points faster for other things. However if you want to compete in the sitewide Shiny hunts, you're required to have a Shine Recorder which is only 6000 points.

Any other upgrades are your preference really.

Silph Scope: If you're going to be breeding a lot, the Silph Scope is a really useful one to have because it reveals your Daycare eggs.

Shelter Pass: Good because with the new clicking mechanics, you'll probably be hatching more than six eggs per day.

Bicycle: Also pretty useful if you're going to be using the Pokewalker--and in fact, the Bicycle makes it a little easier to get the Over 9000 achievement.

Lucky Egg: I bought it just for kicks, but I can't really discern how much it has helped me.

Destiny Knot: Cool, but overall not useful because breeding pairs do eventually grow to like each other (if they're interested in each other)--the Destiny Knot just makes the process faster.

Wide Lens: Again, cool, but definitely not a deal breaker to get to see one more egg in the lab than you normally would otherwise.

Odd Incense: Let's you click the same eggs/Pokemon twice. I think it's useful, but since people already hatch plenty of Pokemon as is, not sure how important it is.

Hope that was useful, and also since I don't know when you became inactive on GPX: I'd wait until GPX has sales before you buy the more expensive account upgrades because then they're 15% off. It's a bit complicated because GPX doesn't offer all the account upgrades at the same time, but it's an option.

Edit: Actually I was a little unfair to the Secret Key. You can buy summoning items (i.e the Green Orb and Rainbow Wing) from the Backroom. GPX won't allow me to see any more summoning items in the backroom because I already have plenty of them...so I'm probably not the fairest person to judge the usefulness.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It was VERY useful! Thanks a bunch, Carmen. :)

I think I'll go for the Amulet Coin first, then the Bike (because the PokeWalker is excellent for leveling stuff), then a Shelter Pass. After that I'll probably grab the Silph Scope. I'm really loving the Safari Zone addition yet am not collecting every egg anymore as a result. Breeding is an easy way to get my hands on the eggs I still need for my 'Dex.

Yay. Now I actually semi-know what I'm doing. *Hugs Carmen* :D