• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Halo Roleplay?

This Roleplay takes place shortly after the events of Halo 5: Guardians. When you're stranded on the currently unnamed planet, I will occasionally pick a random event to occur. It could be either good or bad. It could end up wounding and/or poisoning your character. However, your character's fate is still in your hands. However, if something happens to you that would hinder you, please act like it. For example, if you were poisoned, you'd most likely be constantly struggling and would not be as useful in a fight as the others would. Only *that* guy, Stormursa, CrunchyCucumber, Tsu, and myself can make characters whom originated from the UNSC Chaeronea.

The Roleplay Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/halo-stranded.15735/

The UNSC Winter's Wrath has been dispatched to a remote, previously uncharted, sector of the Milky Way to locate a distress beacon from an old ship that was previously thought lost. Unknowingly, they come across an old ship, the UNSC Chaeronea, a ship thought to have been lost and destroyed during the Campaign for Harvest, disappearing after a slip-space jump in the year 2531. After suffering from an ambush by remnants of Jul 'Mdama's Covenant, both ships have their cryo pods ejected. Now, stranded, the survivors must work together in hopes to find a way off the planet, seemingly deserted of any intelligent life. But, all is not as it seems. On the planet, there are also other aliens who are not hostile to Humanity who were stranded in the same way the UNSC was.

Rules:
Follow the Pokecharms rules, as if it even needs to be said.
SPARTAN-IIs are restricted to those whom I give permission to. Ask if you want to make one.
You can not be someone that was ejected from The Chaeronea.
Type "chocolate" into the "Other" section of the form, so I know you read this.
You can only have one SPARTAN character and two ODSTs. No exceptions.
Unless you are one of the OGs (mentioned above, same people who are permitted to use a character from the Chaeronea), you can not be of a rank higher than Second Lieutenant, or an Ultra or other rough Covenant/Alien equivalents.
Cursing is allowed, as is being an alien.
You have no character limit, just be sure you can manage them.
There can be romance, but keep it PG.
No being characters established in Halo Lore, meaning no John-117s, Jerome-092s, or Nicole-458s.
(Note, these rules may be updated if anything important is come across. Watch the thread, and I'll notify if something else is added.)

Something else worth noting. There are several "Origin Points" for our characters. Those would be The UNSC Winter's Wrath, The UNSC Chaeronea, The Doubt of The Blind (Non-Covenant Aliens), The Forerunner's Humble Servant (Jul 'Mdama's Covenant), or a random spacer/pirate/etc.

If you're unsure as to what a section means, see my forms. If you're still confused, ask.
Character Form:
Name:
Species:
Military Branch (If any):
Rank (If any):
Service code (For SPARTANs, max three numbers):
Physical Appearance:
Ability (If any):
Weapons (If any):
Armor (If any):
Point of Origin:
Other:

Here are my two:
Name: Christina-018 (Last name is classified)
Species: Human (SPARTAN-II)
Military Branch: SPARTAN-II Program
Service code: 018
Physical Appearance: Christina is pale skinned, and stands at the height of 7'0". She has shoulder length chocolate brown hair, and deep brown eyes.
Ability: Adaptive Camouflouge
Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Magnum, Combat Knife
Armor (If any): Mark IV Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor (The kind the SPARTANs in Halo Wars wore.)
Point of Origin: The UNSC Chaeronea
Other: Christina-018 really loves chocolate.

Name: Ethan Cash
Species: Human
Military Branch: Orbital Drop Shock Troopers
Physical Appearance: Gunnery Sergeant Cash is dark skinned with short black hair, and stands at 6'3". He has deep blue eyes, and a short beard. He has tattoos going across his arms. On his left is a snake, coiling itself around his arm. On his right is a sentence in Icelandic, reading "Og Drottinn er valið að hreinsa brautina fyrir þá sem geta það ekki," meaning "Let the lord's chosen clear the way for those who can't."
Weapons: M90 CAWS Shotgun, Twin M6G Pistols, Twin Kukris.
Armor: Standard issue ODST Armor, save for the green markings depicting lions on them. He also has two sheathes, one one each shoulder, for his Kukris.
Point of Origin: The UNSC Winter's Wrath
Other: Cash is a fan of chocolate, just like Christina-018.

Last edited:
When is this taking place though? After gaurdians or what? I have an idea I use for fan fiction that I wrote but never posted. Where there is peace except for covenant rebel groups that still believe in the way of covenant and prophets

As I stated in the main post, that would be a part of what we would brainstorm, when this Roleplay would occur. I was either thinking not long after Guardians or around the time of Halo 2-Halo 3, when the Sangheili side the the Humans. So, you think the RP should take place shortly after Guardians?

I'm not entirely sure. What happens in the fic (literally the only idea I have right now) is that the left over covenant is taking younger races(i.e. Kids of races) to build their own Spartans.

So, for example, the Sangheili would be taking some of the superior of their youth, and outfitting them with implants to make them superior to other Sangheili, and outfit them with superior armor?

Kinda. Like there is peace because the war is technically over so before gaurdians. And a splinter group of convant are kidnapping kids and trying to force spartan ship on them. The kids in one station end up breaking out/stealing a ship and go on crazy adventures while trying to a) stay away from thier kidnappers b) are being tracked down by good guys but don't realize their good guys because they are being hunted and don't know who they can trust.

I'm liking this idea very much. I'd say wait until tomorrow before we solidify this into the basis of the RP though, so we can get others' opinions on it, and get other people on board in general.

So, I was googling random things, and I found a pretty funny picture that sort of goes along with your fanfiction idea, Storm.
sangheili_spartan_by_zzombiexiii-d2yaj7g.jpg

There were two types. One more human and one more sangheili.
The human only had four fingers, leathery skin like a sangheili but a human figure, with sangheili eyes
The second was more sangheili white five fingers, more human skin tones and colours, sangheili build, human eyes. They actually looked pretty cool.

Sounds.... interesting...

But either way I like the previously mentioned Idea, opens up survival/misadventure opportunity.
Another could be that a group of cryostasis pods break off from a UNSC ship and crash land on a rather remote and savage planet, possible covenant reckage or something. With literally no possible hope to contact rescue ships, they either try to survive and kill each other off or make the best of it and just kinda chill with nothing but hope that some extreme luck will fall their way.

I'm liking both of these ideas very much. Like you said, Crunchy, Storm's idea has a misadventure/survival feel, but yours gives me a survival/camaraderie feeling.

Well, I guess I've decided which we'll do. I flipped a virtual coin three times, and the Stranded RP won. Now, shall it be a random cryo-pod incident, or will they be jettisoned because of a Covenant (Jul 'Mdama's Covenant, or what's left of it) attack? Also, I have a small little idea myself for something to add in to it. Are there any objections, or other ideas to add in?

What if the ship most of the characters originate from, before getting stranded, was sent to a previously unscouted sector of space because of old transmissions being received, from a long lost ship? (Totally not inspired by any other Halo games....)

Haha, and perhaps their only hope is that the same ship can keep transmitting, but the other problem is that they are on the planet next to the one the actual ship is on

I was considering having a random squad of SPARTAN-IVs be sent to investigate (just Grunt fodder, nobody important) to the long-lost ship. During the Op, the Covenant strike, and as a last ditch effort to save those on board still in Cryo, the IVs ejected the stasis pods, only a select few of the cryo pods making it out (being one of my characters I'm going to introduce.) The UNSC ship (not the abandoned one) is critically damaged beforehand, and with nothing they can do, they eject the pods of the multiple marines, SPARTANs, and ODSTs to the planet below.

I like the sound of that idea. And on this planet, will it be soley UNSC troops stranded? A mix of covenant? Or should we have the covenant actually find them (Their ship not sustaining that much damage) and attempt to pick them off? Or perhaps this planet isn't uninhabited but not as developed so they have to deal with primitive life forms that may or may not see them as hostile?

Another thought that crossed my mind was that there would be life, although mostly primitive. At the moment, it's both UNSC and aliens (not Covenant). When I say that, I mean Sangheili, Jiralhanae, Unggoy, etc. that aren't a part of Jul M'dama's Covenant, but with the Swords of Sangheilios/The Covenant Separatists. Like I said in my original post, I don't want to limit people's characters to be based solely on one race or side. My intent would be that there is a small group of Swords Of Sangheilios with others (again, Jiralhanae, Unggoy, Mgalekgolo, etc.) stranded on the planet beforehand, from a similar attack that happened to them. I'd let people choose to make characters aligned with Jul 'Mdama's Covenant as well. And yes, because of the suddenness of the ambush, the Covenant ships would have sustained little damage, and would send search parties to find the survivors. Any other ideas, or changes you think would be good?

Well... Should we add in certain obsticals (poisoned berries and weather) and use a randomizer to choose when/if an event happens? It would add a level of unpredictability to the roleplay, and also predetermine based off certain stats whether or not a character died/gets injured by/ survives a certain event.

I'll leave the events of character death to the individual owners of said characters. However, I like the thought of randomizing the weather (I'll find something online to do it with) and poisoned berries and such. Of course, with primitive wildlife, it also gives the option of hunting wild animals. Now, on to the last subject I can think of (but bring up something else if you think it deserves mention), SPARTANs. Should we limit the number of SPARTANs, or only give people we think are good Roleplayers permission to RP as one? As much as I don't like to restrict people in things like these, I'd like to diversify the group. I think it would be rather bland if everyone were to be a SPARTAN.