• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Handwriting and handedness Topic Redux

Long title...Revived with permission as our last topic died, and DS wanted to post a pic of his handwriting lol.

So do you have awful handwriting or neat handwriting? Also which hand do you write with...and unless you can write (legibly) and/or feel comfortably writing with both hands, don't say you're ambidextrous.

My handwriting looks something like this...

IMAG0288.jpg

Yes, that's pieces of Songs of the Sea and Veilstone Diaries that I've written in the margins of notes. I do that when I'm bored in class xD

Anyway, I'm firmly right handed and can barely hold a pencil with my left hand.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Mine is never neat. xD It just more then often looks a complete mess, and I always get told off for it, however I have an excuse. Dad's is just as bad so I blame him.

As for which hand I can write with, I'm right handed only. Trying to write with my left hand never works.

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
When it comes to writing, I'm a complete mess. It's legible, but kind of everywhere. Seems to be a family thing; my dad always writes in capitals, otherwise his handwriting would be illegible.

As for handedness, I'm right-handed, but ok-ish with my left hand. Technically I'm ambidextrous, but I hardly ever write with my left hand, and you did say... Yeah. The ambidextrosity shows up more for other things.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm right-handed and write with that hand. I have horrible, horrible printing and even worse handwriting.

I swear I reached a point, around 8 years old, when the neatness of my writing just ceased to improve. My little sister, who's 10, writes neater than I do. D:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'm right-handed, but I can write at least somewhat legibly with my left hand because I broke my wrist back when I was in 4th grade. XD

I have like, the tiniest handwriting possible; what takes my classmates three sheets of paper to write, it takes me only one page. And it's also rather legible, though I won't call it "neat". People have mistaken my handwriting to be that of a stereotypical Asian boy's (since apparently, the stereotype here is that their handwriting is small and round but not loopy, and that's very much what my handwriting looks like).

I'm gonna break the pattern here, as I am primarily left-handed. Although I did initially start as a righty like everyone else, I became a lefty due to an illness during infancy.

Though I am now left-handed, I can hold a pencil in my right, but I can't write well with it, though I have tried

When it comes to my handwritting, it's kinda messy, even though I try to be neat. My cursive writting is better, yet I haven't used cursive since I learned it in 3rd grade. However, I seem to have a strange abiity, in that I can, most of the time, read others' messy handwritting

Righty!*cough**cough*

Well, its still pretty illegible. I often type my notes after class in order to understand them when I want to study after they are written.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Why thank you :'D When I was at college I used to sit next to a girl with handwriting so neat it looked like she'd been on a typewriter. Every letter was completely perfect :V

I'm right handed by the way (since the main post asks). My left hand is useless for writing, although I find it's a pretty good catch when it comes to balls or various flying projectiles :D

.-. My handwriting is barely legible but I'm ambidextrous but I primarily use my left hand and I apparently have one of kind a pencil grip according to doctors who've told me no one has ever been observed with my pencil grip but my pencil grip down to the double joints in all my fingers (and thumb for pedantic people) and my wrist.