• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help constructing a team of all shinies:

Yes, you read right :O I have been thinking about this for some time now, and I would like to ask the people of Charms to help me reach my goal. Keep in mind I would like this to be competitive, and the moves the Pokemon know now are the ones known when they were caught. I do have a couple natures for each shiny, but seeing as how it is time consuming and I can't breed moves on, I would like to work with the natures I already have and moves that can be learned either through TM or level up.

These Pokemon are untouched and not EV'd, so I will be posting the shinies I have, and the ones I would like to see in my team. If there is a shiny that is not in the ones I would like to have in my team and could be replaced by another shiny I have listed, then please replace it. I want this team be successful and possibly transferred over to Platinum.

Shinies I have:

Starly (Docile,Mild)
Ponyta (Calm,Adamant, Impish)
Smoochum (Modest)
Absol (Sassy,Quirky)
Buizel (Lonely)
Larvitar (Naive, Adamant, Impish)
Ralts female (Gentle, Docile, Rash)
Ralts male (Adamant)
Magnemite (Hasty, Rash, Mild)
Gligar (Brave)
Electrike (Timid, Brave, Rash)
Mareep (Naive, Lax, Rash)
Tyrogue (Mild, Bold)
Swellow (Impish)
Snorunt (Impish, Timid, Mild, Rash, Modest)
Eevee (Timid)
Solrock (Naughty, Timid, Lonely)
Lunatone (Modest)
Growlithe (Relaxed, Timid, Mild, Adamant)
Lickitung (Calm)
Magby (Gentle)
Houndoom (Bashful)
Phanpy (Impish, Bashful, Lax)
Elekid (Lonely, Timid, Adamant)
Spoink (Adamant, Mild, Hardy)
Corsola (Impish, Modest)
Scyther (Brave, Relaxed, Timid)
Roselia (Rash, Timid)
Shinx (Docile)
Sneasel (Quiet)

Ones I would like to see in my team(can be replaced):
Larvitar
Ralts
Elekid
Snorunt
Roselia
Ponyta

**They are going to be evolved later, so the moveset would be for their last form, not the one I caught them in. I'm not really sure what each of them could be, (Wall, tank, baton passer, etc.) so that's probably what I need the most help on. Again, please feel free to replace any of the ones I would like in my team with any other of my shines that would be better for my team.

I know this might be too much, but thank you again to anyone that helps :)

Well, I didn't really understand that. But whatever.

Tyranitar@ Life Orb
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Fang/Punch
-Giga Impact

Gallade@ Focus Sash
-Close Combat
-Leaf Blade
-Psycho Cut
-Ice Punch

Glalie@ Ice Rock or something
-Hail(For Ice Body Ability)
-Ice Beam
-Sheercold
-Shadow Ball

Houndoom@ Sitrus Berry
-Thunder Fang
-Beat Up
-Toxic
-Flamethrower

Luxray@ Idk
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise
-Superpower
-Crunch

Scizor@ Quick Claw
-SuperPower
-Iron Head
-Bug Buzz
-Night Slash

Hope That Helps. Or not.

Haven't got movesets, but out of those I'd suggest using:

Ponyta, Larvitar, Ralts, Magnemite, Gligar ('cause I love them :p), Lunatone, Elekid and Scyther.

Those are who I would pick, might edit some more in here later.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Just to make it simple, I'm going to go for the six you picked out since I don't like choosing people's team members for them. I won't suggest natures since it's not necessary here, but here we go:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sand Stream

- Stone Edge
- Earthquake/Thunder Wave
- Crunch/Roar
- Stealth Rock

Sand Stream is a bit dodgy since you get pounded by the Sandstorm as well, especially since this Tyranitar is meant to be sent out first. However, since all your other team members are more sweeper oriented, it can work out. Stealth Rock on the first turn, then start hitting stuff. Simple, easy, effective. For a more support oriented Tyranitar, run Thunder Wave and Roar to try and paralyze as many opponents as possible.

Gallade @ Salac Berry
Steadfast

- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Night Slash/Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

Swords Dancing Gallade. Fire Punch is Platinum only. Not much to be said for this one, except that Close Combat/Psycho Cut/Night Slash provides coverage against everything that can possibly face you, although Fire Punch does a lot more damage to Skarmory/Forretress/Steelix.

Electivire @ Expert Belt/Muscle Band
Motor Drive

- ThunderPunch/Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch/Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

ThunderPunch is Electivire's strongest STAB attack, but Thunderbolt will easily wreck Skarmory if it is foolish enough to come in against you. Ice Punch provides better coverage than Fire Punch, but is Platinum only unless you bred it on beforehand. Earthquake and Brick Break for extra coverage.

Froslass @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Snow Cloak

- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Confuse Ray
- Destiny Bond

I'm at a loss for what item to give Froslass since T-Tar has the Leftovers already, so it can be either Focus Sash or Life Orb for now. Ice Beam + Thunderbolt gives both STAB and very nice coverage, Confuse Ray works brilliantly at frustrating opponents that have been paralyzed beforehand by Tyranitar (if you went for Thunder Wave) and Destiny Bond provides some of the most sneaky kills imaginable.

Roserade @ Heat Rock
Natural Cure

- Weather Ball
- Solarbeam/Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Ice
- Sunny Day

Probably the most effective way of clearing out Tyranitar's Sand Stream if it comes down to it. Weather Ball will provide a powerful Fire-type move with Sunny Day active, Solarbeam works well in the sun but Energy Ball is always an option if you'd rather not rely on the sunlight too much. Hidden Power Ice provides the best coverage on top of those, although if your IVs don't provide Hidden Power Ice then Shadow Ball is always available instead.

Rapidash @ Life Orb
Flash Fire

- Megahorn
- Iron Tail
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat

Meh, Rapidash suffers from a very bad movepool so that's likely the best you'll get without breeding. If you were lucky enough to get Flash Fire on this beast, you'll find he will work very well alongside Roserade, since getting his Fire-type moves boosted by both Sunny Day and a Flash Fire boost from someone trying to fry Roserade will really hurt your opponent. The reason for both Flare Blitz and Overheat being present is that Overheat will murder Skarmory, Forretress and Steelix whilst still permitting you to use Flare Blitz, Rapidash's best move coming off of its superior Attack stat.

Swellow@ Toxic/Flame Orb
Guts

-Facade
-U-Turn
-Protect
-Quick Attack/Steel Wing/Aerial Ace

Ah, my Swellow. Of course, there's one thing wrong. No Brave Bird, but meh. In retrospect, it does over somewhat redundant coverage (Besides the super-effective hits). Recoil is nasty too.

Anywho, a variation of my Swellow.
Facade is obvious, use either the Toxic or Flame Orb and sweep.
Toxic Orb is usually better, unless Swellow is out for more than three turns at a time, then the Flame Orb is better.
Protect is to get a free activation of the Orb on turn one and to scout at the same time.
U-Turn to switch out while getting in some damage.
The last move is in the air. Quick Attack to finish weakened opponents.
Steel Wing hits Rock and Steel types, but Swellow won't stay in on them often anyways.
Aerial Ace is for STAB if you want the Flying STAB.

Tyranitar@ Choice Specs
Sand Stream

-Superpower
-Dark Pulse
-Filler
-Filler

Superpower will destroy Blissey, among other things as well.
Dark Pulse for STAB.
Filler moves include: Surf, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Hidden Power, and Ancient Power

Pick which ever attacks to fill holes in your team.
Though, Flamethrower will murder Bronzong and Skarmory, who will try to stop a sweep.
Thunderbolt any annoying Water-type Wall,
Hidden Power Rock or Grass is preferred. Grass hits Rock/Ground-types, along with Swampert.
Hidden Power Rock if you get a Sweet Base Power, otherwise, use a different attack. Most types that Rock hits super-effective for can be covered easily by Tyranitar's other moves.