• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Help Me Name This Pokémon for My Original Pokédex

What should I call my Normal-Fighting type deer Pokémon

• Bronzebuck {"bronze"+"buck" after the color of its hooves}

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bravehart {"brave" + "hart" a valiant male deer}

• Stalhart {"stalwart" + "hart"}

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Direhart {"dire" + "hart"}

• Sikam/Sikem {from the Japanese deer "sika" and the fighting phrase "sic em"}

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Mithonian Stantler/Mithonian Sawsbuck {a regional variant of a known Pokémon}

• Gallahart {"gallant" + "hart"}

• Something else {please explain}

• Total voters
I'm making a Pokédex for my fanfic based on the region of ancient Greece. I know there are plenty of people on the world wide web creating fan regions, but I believe mine has an unique spin. The Mithos Region (as I call it) has 12 Pokémon Masters. Like Gym Leaders, they favor a particular Pokémon typing based on what city/town they are from. However, they do not run an actual gym. They are chosen by the city to represent one of the Divine Pokémon--12 Pokémon that were worshiped in ancient times. Each city has their own divine Pokémon, regarded as that city's patron. In order to earn the title of Regional Champion you must beat all 12 Pokémon Masters AND complete the 12 Labors of Akātara (a series of trails modeled after the legendary accomplishments of an Ancient Mithonian trainer).

I need help naming my Normal-Fighting type deer Pokémon based on the gold-antlered deer of Artemis. If you have an idea other than what is listed in the poll, please post it below. Also, if you want to see the Pokémon I have so far, feel free to request. My Pokédex currently has 55 original entries.

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
One, slight correction, the Japanese for "deer" is "shika" not "sika."

As for the name... hm, I'm torn between Stalhart, Gallahart and Bronzebuck. Though, the latter feels a little... lacking somewhere.
Seeing as the region's based on Greece, perhaps incorporating more clearly Greek words would help... oh, through Google translate, perhaps an alternative to Bronzebuck could be Brountzobuck? Pronounced mostly the same and with the same meaning, but with a bit more... flair, I guess. Also, as mention, slightly more Greek-sounding.

One, slight correction, the Japanese for "deer" is "shika" not "sika."

As for the name... hm, I'm torn between Stalhart, Gallahart and Bronzebuck. Though, the latter feels a little... lacking somewhere.
Seeing as the region's based on Greece, perhaps incorporating more clearly Greek words would help... oh, through Google translate, perhaps an alternative to Bronzebuck could be Brountzobuck? Pronounced mostly the same and with the same meaning, but with a bit more... flair, I guess. Also, as mention, slightly more Greek-sounding.
Okay. Thank you for the correction. This is why I always ask other people before making final decisions.

Brountzobuck. Hmm. That actually has a nice ring to it. However, when I looked it up on Google it said the word the ancient greeks typically used for bronze is khalkós, meaning copper. I do like your suggestion of incorporating greek words. I'll keep Brountzobuck and maybe Chalbuck as an option. Chrysobuck might also work since the Pokémon has golden antlers and the chryso- prefix comes from the greek word for gold.

Thanks for all your help!