• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Singles help needed with my competitive team

So Sun and Moon have brought a variety of pokemon to Showdown spicing things up, and as a pokemon fan who started online competitive before the actual games you can guess I'm excited about the newchanges and additions

Now there is one pokemon in gen 7 thatbecame an instant favourite of mine and that is Necrozma, so I decided "why not try him out? He has decent stats!", so I made this team with Necrozma and otherpokemon I found interesting or had experience with and I'd like to know howgood is my team

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

The first member of my star duo, Necrozma is my tanky special sweeper who can take hits easily with its Defence and Sp.Defence and with prism armor supper effective moves do less damage, left overs to keep it alive, Moonlight for the same reason as left overs, calm mind to become tankier and to boost stored power (and if the next pokemon fails to do its job) and dark pulse for coverage

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The other member of my star duo Ribombee sets up quiver dances with its great speed and then either sweeps with the boosts using Hidden power Ground and Moonblast or baton passes to Necrozma, with +2 speed he out speaks almost everything in OU and some in Uber and with three +2 stat boosts it can OHKO almost anything, even if one quiver dance is all that Ribombee manages to baton pass it still makes a big difference

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Scald

Toxapex is basically my set up lead, toxic spikes to inflict enemies with toxic, Haze to reset stats that are boosted as well as screwing over Z conversion PorygonZ, scald for damage and posible burn on the first pokemon and pokemon immune to poison, finally recover to keep it alive as long as possible.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

I'm sure a lot of you know this garchomp set well Wether using it or by fighting against it, basically punishes users of contact making moves ferrothorn style, if the opponent makes the mistake of letting you set up a swords dance then prepare to knock out some pokes with stab EQ and Dragon Claw, just pray that you out speed ice pokes to land that super effective fire fang since Garchomp is x4 week to ice

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

This Aegislash set was suggested to me by another member of Charms that I'll not tag or name for personal reasons but he knows himself and if he sees this thread I'd like him to know that I appreciate their help, basically I play defencively setting up substitutes and then using strong STAB moves, using King's Shield to get free leftover turns and reduce the damage I take from physical sweepers who make contact.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Blissey is my not fully confirmed last member of this team, with great health and left overs, capability to cure itself and my team from status, soft boil to be more annoying and flame thrower for some common threats (or at least what was common in gen6), finally Toxic to take care of tanks and flying types who are not affected by the toxic spikes from toxapex.

however I haven't decided on keeping her so if any replacement suggestions are available, I do have some roles I'd like the last pokemon to have but don't let these affect your suggestion, you might have something better in mind

-anything that can counter Mimikyu, let's face it we will see a lot of it on OU or UU

-Cleric Pokemon to keep my team healthy and status free

-pokemon without duplicate types as the ones already on the team unless it has an ability to help it out with some weaknesses

-Magic bouncers would be nice specially against entry hazard users

-Ultra Beast seem to be strong but I'm not sure which one to use, and my only none duplicate option is Xurkitree

Some pokemon I've considered are Minior - Celesteela - Eevee - PorygonZ - Heatran

Any advices and change suggestions are appreciated and don't hesitate to tell me what you think with all honesty

Last edited:
I don't really think we'll see much of Mimikyu in OU.

Baton Passing speed along with another stat is illegal .

Toxapex is a poison type and doesn't need Leftovers, it can use Black Sludge instead.

Fire Fang on Garchomp isn't really that useful, you should be using Iron Head to hit both Fairy and Ice types hard.

Everything else is fine.