• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Help with Nintendo Switch SD Card Reader

A while ago I had problems with my Switch’s micro sd card reader not being able to read ANY card. I called customer support and told told me to hard reset my Switch by holding down the power button for 20 seconds.

It worked for a while but after I took out my card to back up my album onto my computer, resetting my Switch doesn’t seem to work anymore!! Now the problem seems to start up whenever I play my Switch for several minutes & then try to view anything in my album. I either get Error Code 2802-1002, my card randomly becomes full of these question mark files from nowhere, or I get Error Code 2802-2002 . I tried turning off my Switch & re-inserting the card, but when that happens I end up getting error code 2016-0641 instead. I also tried putting in a new card, but I’m still getting the same problem.

All of my game files are on my Switch’s hard drive, but this is getting ridiculous and I don’t know what else to do. I was going to send my Switch to Nintendo so they can fix the card port, but they said that Pokémon Sword & Shield don’t support cloud saves in case anything goes wrong, so I don’t want to risk losing everything I had on those games. PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited: